The Kelly Marie Tran Appreciation Thread

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Kelly Marie Tran Appreciation Thread

Post by vaderito on Fri 30 Sep - 8:15

bela.mesecina wrote:@vaderito I'm working on finntran fan art, if that counts Smile
@bela.mesecina

TOTALLY! We need Finntran art!
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Force Ghost on Wed 5 Oct - 13:28

@vaderito wrote:
bela.mesecina wrote:@vaderito I'm working on finntran fan art, if that counts Smile
@bela.mesecina

TOTALLY! We need Finntran art!
@vaderito

Here it is!

http://u-svetu-maste.deviantart.com/art/The-Resistance-Star-Wars-Episode-VIII-638373077

Here it is! Smile Thanks @panki for your help with the gun. I designed something similar to Sabine's. And thanks @Sylvia Snow and @Rei of Sunshine for your help with Kelly's nose Very Happy
Force Ghost
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 5 Oct - 13:33

@bela.mesecina This is freakin amazing! cheers cheers cheers  OMG! This is first FinnTran art! Wow! I hope peeps with Tumblr reblog this.
Wow!

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Force Ghost on Wed 5 Oct - 13:40

@vaderito Thank you so much!!! Smile Smile I did, the link is under the image
edit: Never mind..you saw it in the meantime  and edited the post Wink
Force Ghost
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 5 Oct - 13:42

bela.mesecina wrote:@vaderito Thank you so much!!! Smile Smile I did, the link is under the image
edit: Never mind..you saw it in the meantime Smile
@bela.mesecina

Check your PM, I have an idea.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sat 15 Oct - 23:01

Doctor Aphra from the Darth Vader comics is extremely popular among comic book fans so now she is being given her own series.... she worked for Vader- stealing things, gathering information and even killing people. At this time, Vader will kill her if he sees her so I think she might either freelance or help the rebels.

In 2015, Shara Bey was the main character in a comic series and she turned out to be Poe's mother.... similarly, it occurred to me that Aphra could turn out to be the mother of the character played by KMT.

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 16 Oct - 22:29

More adorable pics:

And of course a FinnTran tease (everyone's gonna explode from cuteness when they happen):

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakku on Sat 29 Oct - 17:54

Do we know if KMT's character survives VIII, ie is she signed to do IX?
Jakku
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sat 29 Oct - 19:56

@Jakku wrote:Do we know if KMT's character survives VIII, ie is she signed to do IX?
@Jakku

I don't think people have discussed this much (Luke has sort of been confirmed and we can assume Rey and Kylo make it) as yet....most of the debate on who survives to episode IX surrounds Leia as of now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Sat 29 Oct - 20:14

@panki wrote:
@Jakku wrote:Do we know if KMT's character survives VIII, ie is she signed to do IX?
@Jakku

I don't think people have discussed this much (Luke has sort of been confirmed and we can assume Rey and Kylo make it) as yet....most of the debate on who survives to episode IX surrounds Leia as of now.

@panki

Well, on whoever is not going to survive IX, I'd put my money on Hux (because there's always a villain dying at the beginning of the third part of the trilogy (Dooku for the PT and Jabba for the OT), so I think Hux's gonna kick the bucket then), Snoke (well that's a given imho), and maaaaybe Luke. But I think Luke might die in a nice peaceful way à la Yoda in that case.

Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sat 29 Oct - 20:23

@Irina de France wrote:
@panki wrote:
@Jakku

@panki

Well, on whoever is not going to survive IX, I'd put my money on Hux (because there's always a villain dying at the beginning of the third part of the trilogy (Dooku for the PT and Jabba for the OT), so I think Hux's gonna kick the bucket then), Snoke (well that's a given imho), and maaaaybe Luke. But I think Luke might die in a nice peaceful way à la Yoda in that case.

@Irina de France

I actually agree about Hux.....he is the Dooku/Jabba of the trilogy and should get bumped off by Kylo (following the footsteps of Grandpa and Mum).

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Sat 29 Oct - 21:14

@Irina de France wrote:
@panki wrote:
@Jakku

@panki

@Irina de France

The only non-bad guys character I'm worried about is Poe. Not based on any rumors/spoilers but because he's the favourite character of my friend - and so far almost every single character she likes has been killed off (and she's an active movie and TV series fan).

And if the characters don't die, the actors die or something horrible happens to them irl. Shocked
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sat 29 Oct - 21:53

@Rimfaxe96 wrote:
@Irina de France wrote:
@panki wrote:
@Jakku

@panki

@Irina de France

The only non-bad guys character I'm worried about is Poe. Not based on any rumors/spoilers but because he's the favourite character of my friend - and so far almost every single character she likes has been killed off (and she's an active movie and TV series fan).

And if the characters don't die, the actors die or something horrible happens to them irl. Shocked
@Rimfaxe96

AAAAArgh...... don't say that!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
Poe is one of my favorite characters and I really see good things happening for OI in the future....not to brag but most people I like tend to be lucky (there is this actor who I saw in a local play when he was in college before anybody knew of him....I was in school then and told my parents that this guy is going to be a superstar and I want his autograph....they laughed it off.....now he is considered one of the greatest actors of Indian cinema... and this is not the only time someone became famous years after I said they would)....maybe your friend and I will cancel each other out? Wink

I won't go into whether he dies in the movie or not because I know of a development which could result in him dying in the ST or turning out to have some force abilities.... I'm waiting for more information on this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Sat 29 Oct - 22:20

@panki wrote:AAAAArgh...... don't say that!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
Poe is one of my favorite characters and I really see good things happening for OI in the future....not to brag but most people I like tend to be lucky (there is this actor who I saw in a local play when he was in college before anybody knew of him....I was in school then and told my parents that this guy is going to be a superstar and I want his autograph....they laughed it off.....now he is considered one of the greatest actors of Indian cinema... and this is not the only time someone became famous years after I said they would)....maybe your friend and I will cancel each other out? Wink

I won't go into whether he dies in the movie or not because I know of a development which could result in him dying in the ST or turning out to have some force abilities.... I'm waiting for more information on this.
@panki

We'll see whether your or her force movie powers are stronger I guess. Very Happy
Needless to say, with her track record she was quite relieved when Poe made his epic comeback on Takodana. Laughing
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 30 Oct - 18:21

Sincerely hope she's not slated to get killed off, if only for the fact that having the PoC/Asian character get killed off is a bonafide trope and holdover from less enlightened days. There's the Anna May Wong quote about her film career, “I am really Chinese, so I must always die in the movies, so that the white girl with the yellow hair may get the man.” And not that I've ever watched the Walking Dead, but I've seen some recent debate about whether or not the latest death (and like I said, I don't watch it, so it's secondhand) also falls into this trope. Also speculation about her betraying Finn or being a bad guy, that's some classic Dragon Lady stereotypes. At the very least, I'd hope that they avoid all those cliches for whatever's planned for this character and Finn.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sun 30 Oct - 18:41

@snufkin wrote:Sincerely hope she's not slated to get killed off, if only for the fact that having the PoC/Asian character get killed off is a bonafide trope and holdover from less enlightened days. There's the Anna May Wong quote about her film career, “I am really Chinese, so I must always die in the movies, so that the white girl with the yellow hair may get the man.” And not that I've ever watched the Walking Dead, but I've seen some recent debate about whether or not the latest death (and like I said, I don't watch it, so it's secondhand) also falls into this trope. Also speculation about her betraying Finn or being a bad guy, that's some classic Dragon Lady stereotypes. At the very least, I'd hope that they avoid all those cliches for whatever's planned for this character and Finn.
@snufkin

I hope not too but I'm not getting my hopes up much.....even before SWC 2016, I predicted Chirrut would die in the RO thread (since he is modeled on EU character Briana Tharen) and we'll be lucky if Bodhi survives....Asians (South and East) are cannon fodder even in present day movies. Just watch Jurassic World, San Andreas, Fast and Furious 7 etc. I don't even have to go into present day instances where lead roles where the character was Asian went to non-Asian actresses. The only difference is that very few people complain about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 30 Oct - 18:54

@panki - here's hoping at least in her case, the filmmakers don't go that route. At least both of these actors seem like they wouldn't sign up for something that just perpetuates the same old trope.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Sun 30 Oct - 21:31

I know the rumored KMT betrayal falls a bit too close to the 'Dragon lady' trope- but is it bad I still think it could be done if they have KMT betray Finn and then regret it and save him? And he forgives her?

Not only would it be fitting for Finn to basically forgive another for the same thing he did like Rey did for him, but it also sets up him being able to embrace defected FO stormtroopers or even Kylo.
Moonjump05
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 30 Oct - 21:33

@Moonjump05 wrote:I know the rumored KMT betrayal falls a bit too close to the 'Dragon lady' trope- but is it bad I still think it could be done if they have KMT betray Finn and then regret it and save him?  And he forgives her?

Not only would it be fitting for Finn to basically forgive another for the same thing he did like Rey did for him, but it also sets up him being able to embrace defected FO stormtroopers or even Kylo.
@Moonjump05

Is that a rumor or just wishful thinking on Finnreys part cause they want her to be just a bump in Finnrey road that will bring Finnrey closer together or whatever bad fanfiction? Unless MSW or other reliable source said it, it didn't happen.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Sun 30 Oct - 21:38

@vaderito wrote:
@Moonjump05 wrote:I know the rumored KMT betrayal falls a bit too close to the 'Dragon lady' trope- but is it bad I still think it could be done if they have KMT betray Finn and then regret it and save him?  And he forgives her?

@Moonjump05

Is that a rumor or just wishful thinking on Finnreys part cause they want her to be just a bump in Finnrey road that will bring Finnrey closer together or whatever bad fanfiction? Unless MSW or other reliable source said it, it didn't happen.
@vaderito

I don't remember, other than I think I heard it around the Dubrovnik shooting.
Moonjump05
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 30 Oct - 21:40

@Moonjump05 wrote:
@vaderito wrote:

@Moonjump05

@vaderito

I don't remember, other than I think I heard it around the Dubrovnik shooting.
@Moonjump05

Speculation because they expected ESB clone so KMT = Lando, Phasma = bounty hunter like Boba Fett. Remember that Reddit fakers were big on Phasma the bounty hunter.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Sun 30 Oct - 21:40

@Moonjump05 wrote:I know the rumored KMT betrayal falls a bit too close to the 'Dragon lady' trope- but is it bad I still think it could be done if they have KMT betray Finn and then regret it and save him? And he forgives her?

@Moonjump05

It would certainly work like that! My only worry is the reaction from some fans. I would hate it if people hate and vilify KMT because of it and act like she never regretted it and doesn't deserve Finn etc, kinda like some do with Kylo now. Then there's the fact that female characters are treated harshly in general compared to male characters, and because of this I have a feeling KMT might not be so forgiven as easily. That could just be my fear talking of course so we'll see.
AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sun 30 Oct - 21:50

@AppleCrumble122 wrote:

@Moonjump05

It would certainly work like that! My only worry is the reaction from some fans. I would hate it if people hate and vilify KMT because of it and act like she never regretted it and doesn't deserve Finn etc, kinda like some do with Kylo now. Then there's the fact that female characters are treated harshly in general compared to male characters, and because of this I have a feeling KMT might not be so forgiven as easily. That could just be my fear talking of course so we'll see.  
@AppleCrumble122

KMT could easily have a similar backstory to Finn ( If she's part of the FO, then her youth definitely suggests she's one of the manipulated/brainwashed kids) and ultimately be inspired by him and turn around and undo her betrayal. This would be a good lead-up to Finn inspiring other Stormtroopers into rebellion in IX (which I'm so certain is going to be the pinnacle of Finn's arc). In that respect, it'd be pretty messed up for fans to vilify her, especially if she fights back in the end like Finn did.

It'd also give the FinnTran story great tension and make it memorable.

Last edited by ZioRen on Sun 30 Oct - 21:52; edited 1 time in total
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Sun 30 Oct - 21:52

@AppleCrumble122 wrote:
@Moonjump05 wrote:I know the rumored KMT betrayal falls a bit too close to the 'Dragon lady' trope- but is it bad I still think it could be done if they have KMT betray Finn and then regret it and save him? And he forgives her?

@Moonjump05

@AppleCrumble122

Unfortunately, I think KMT is gonna get hate no matter what she does because she is gonna have a lot of screen time with Finn, and the unleashing of the shippers.
Moonjump05
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Sun 30 Oct - 22:05

@Moonjump05 Indeed! That's my biggest fear - which is why I kind of why I want them to have as little ammunition as possible. But that's kind of just wish fulfillment and if it's what makes a good story then I'm down for it, plus LF has shown that they don't care for that type of fan reaction.

@ZioRen Wow I'd love that! Yes it would be messed up, but people would still do it anyway sadly.

AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum