The Kelly Marie Tran Appreciation Thread

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Kelly Marie Tran Appreciation Thread

Post by Darth Dingbat on Wed 5 Apr - 10:32

Actually the first of those photos is from March 26th, so she's been in London quite a while already. Perhaps it's more than just a holiday? rabbit
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bossbaby on Wed 5 Apr - 13:59

@motherofpearl1 wrote:It's actually nice to have more than one female lead, I think the relationship between Finn and KMT is going to be more lighthearted and not so 'heavy' as the one between Rey and Kylo.
@motherofpearl1

And I'm SO happy to see a woman of color join the Star Wars universe. I love you

I expect that they'll unveil her character at Celebration and I can't wait.
bossbaby
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Wed 5 Apr - 14:03

She's as cute as a button in those pics. I really can't wait for TLJ!

The stars wouldn't shine so bright without a little darkness.
GIF source: [X]

Bonjour ma cousine,
Bonjour mon cousin germain,
On m'a dit que vous m'aimiez,
Est-ce bien la vérité?
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Passez par ici et vous par là,
Bonjour ma cousine et puis voilà!

Irina de France

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 5 Apr - 14:04

@bossbaby wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:It's actually nice to have more than one female lead, I think the relationship between Finn and KMT is going to be more lighthearted and not so 'heavy' as the one between Rey and Kylo.
@motherofpearl1

And I'm SO happy to see a woman of color join the Star Wars universe. I love you

I expect that they'll unveil her character at Celebration and I can't wait.
@bossbaby

I'm eager to find out more about her myself.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Wed 5 Apr - 17:39

I can't wait to find out what kind of character KMT plays! I wonder if she'll be featured in the trailer when it comes out. I definitely think she and Finn will get romantic (is this what JB meant when he said that the romance isn't going to go the way everyone's expecting?) But I worry that it's going to be the ONLY romance in this trilogy. Like Rey is Luke's equivalent, playing the main part with no romance, while the two friends get together...
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 5 Apr - 17:47

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:I can't wait to find out what kind of character KMT plays! I wonder if she'll be featured in the trailer when it comes out. I definitely think she and Finn will get romantic (is this what JB meant when he said that the romance isn't going to go the way everyone's expecting?) But I worry that it's going to be the ONLY romance in this trilogy. Like Rey is Luke's equivalent, playing the main part with no romance, while the two friends get together...
@Cowgirlsamurai

Maybe Kelly and John will have the more 'obvious' romance, then by the time IX rolls around Reylo will be under way.
I just hope they don't go the way the Avengers films did - the first film hinted strongly at a romance between Hawkeye and Black Widow then the second revealed that Hawkeye apparently had a simpering pregnant wife and two sickly sweet kids - they even had a Waltonesque farmhouse.

Probably one of the most nauseating things I've seen on celluloid, I actually cringed watching that scene...
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Wed 5 Apr - 17:54

@motherofpearl1

I hope you're right about a gradual Reylo buildup I love you
Ugh! The thought crossed my mind one day that since Kylo's 29, wouldn't it be terrible (but possible!?) that he's got a woman and/or kid behind the scenes that haven't been revealed yet? Doesn't seem to fit with his character to me, but... Neutral
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bossbaby on Wed 5 Apr - 17:56

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@motherofpearl1

Ugh! The thought crossed my mind one day that since Kylo's 29, wouldn't it be terrible (but possible!?) that he's got a woman and/or kid behind the scenes that haven't been revealed yet? Doesn't seem to fit with his character to me, but... Neutral  
@Cowgirlsamurai

It definitely doesn't fit his character to me either; he is more of the warrior monk type and should have no previous romantic experience IMO.
bossbaby
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 5 Apr - 17:58

Shouldn't think so....I doubt if Snoke or Luke would have taken their beady eyes off him enough for him to get some.

And he looked at Rey as if he'd never seen a pretty girl before!
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 5 Apr - 18:02

KMT is so cute and she looks like she could be feisty too! I can't wait to find out more about her character in TLJ and see some actual footage of her. I would say it's highly likely she will be at Celebration so we should know more about 'Rose' or whatever her character's name is after that.

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara on Wed 5 Apr - 18:04

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@motherofpearl1

@Cowgirlsamurai

I can't see that happening. Snoke seems like the type to want to keep Kylo from forming any kind of attachment to anyone (besides the idolized obsession he has with Vader). He saw Kylo's compassion for Rey as a weakness. I know it's not canon but I think it's very likely that Snoke's the one who gave Kylo his name, since he didn't want anyone calling him by his birth name. Which really, is all just an indication at Snoke might be shaky on where Kylo's loyalties lie.

Anyways, I got to say that Kelly Marie Tran is adorable and the more I see and hear of her, the more hyped I am for her character. I definitely think she's going to be one of the biggest highlights of SWCO.
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Wed 5 Apr - 18:31

@bossbaby
I feel like Kylo's still a bit childlike since he feels he never got the sense of belonging or familial love that most receive growing up (mommy/daddy issues), and the rest of him is focused on becoming a dark side bada** in order to suppress the rest of it ^^

@motherofpearl1
Yeah, the first time I watched TFA, I assumed that Kylo's special treatment of Rey was just because she's female and he'd never been that close to one before!

Anyhow! Kelly Marie Tran is adorable. My husband is Japanese so I asked him if he's excited to see an Asian appear in a prominent role in Star Wars. He just says that any Asian exposure in Hollywood is good. We need more Asians in leading roles!
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 5 Apr - 18:49

Absolutely, we have some very fine African American and Afro Caribbean actors but far too few Asian or Indian ones.

Time for a change....
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Wed 5 Apr - 19:29

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Absolutely, we have some very fine African American and Afro Caribbean actors but far too few Asian or Indian ones.

Time for a change....
@motherofpearl1

So true! Reminds of how Playbill was celebrating the fact that the musical Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812 was celebrating the fact that their new leading lady is the first South Asian actress to star in a musical on Broadway for... fifteen years.

Hence why I'm so happy to see people like Lea Salonga becoming a superstar, Ruthie Ann Miles winning a Tony, Ali Ewoldt becoming the first Asian actress to play Christine Daaé in The Phantom of the Opera, or people talking about Phillipa Soo who might become the next Salonga.

The stars wouldn't shine so bright without a little darkness.
GIF source: [X]

Bonjour ma cousine,
Bonjour mon cousin germain,
On m'a dit que vous m'aimiez,
Est-ce bien la vérité?
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Passez par ici et vous par là,
Bonjour ma cousine et puis voilà!

Irina de France

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 5 Apr - 20:44

@motherofpearl1

That was one of the last pops Carrie Fisher got off in press interviews about the Princess Diarist, about how Leia seemed to be one of the few women in the galaxy. So if nothing else, it's awesome to hear about these other new female characters in the next movie. I tend to think that's why some fans get a little nuts about how Rey "must" be this way or "must" do that, otherwise she'll be dead to them. Because traditionally it's only been one female character in the trilogies and hence she's expected to be all things to all people. I hope it takes the weight off that character's shoulders, even if there will likely still be fans who complain about whatever she does or doesn't do in the subsequent movies.

As for KMT's character, my guess is that she'll actually be the type of sassy action girl in the Resistance that a lot of fans expect Rey to be (and Rey isn't, she seems more like a loner and introvert). And as it's been said here before, if they continue with the parallel scenes with the characters, we'll likely see her and Finn's relationship be the more overt type of action and quip filled romance. Versus whatever happens with Rey being more of a slow burn, angst and more subtle/less overt. I think somebody on here suggested that if the parallels continue and Finn gets his big space kiss with her character, that it stands to reason that Rey will too. And it won't be with Luke but the other character she's supposed to share scenes with...
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey on Fri 14 Apr - 20:37

First look at Rose

Last edited by BenRey on Fri 14 Apr - 20:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Image didn't show)
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands on Fri 14 Apr - 20:44

@BenRey wrote:First look at Rose

@BenRey

She looks so good!
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Fri 14 Apr - 20:47

My precious, precious Rose H-beating

Did @vaderito or someone else say that they played "Across the Stars" as Kelly was introduced??
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands on Fri 14 Apr - 20:49

Yes, Accross the Stars

At 29:14

Also, the biggest new part. And Rian compares her to Luke, with the idea that anyone can be a hero, which means that she is going to be a hero and do something big!
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 14 Apr - 20:58

OK, I must say I'm madly in love with FinnRose. Her background is so similar to Finn's (sanitation/maintenance) so we have those characters who become surprise heroes and will have a sweeping romance full of adventure. I cna't wait to see more of them.

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Fri 14 Apr - 20:59

@AceofWands wrote:
@BenRey wrote:First look at Rose

@BenRey

She looks so good!
@AceofWands

She looks so cute!!!

We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
panki

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 14 Apr - 21:11

She's also that lego doll that was leaked.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Fri 14 Apr - 21:13

@vaderito wrote:OK, I must say I'm madly in love with FinnRose. Her background is so similar to Finn's (sanitation/maintenance) so we have those characters who become surprise heroes and will have a sweeping romance full of adventure. I cna't wait to see more of them.

@vaderito

YES. The more I think about, it seems perfectly fitting that Rose appears to be an ordinary person. They're the everyman and everywoman (John himself has called Finn the everyman) and they can have adventure and grand romance, too. They can grow together, rise to the occasion, become heroes. And I absolutely believe that Finnrose is going to be epic in its own way. I don't think it'll be a cutesy comedy fluff thing - it can have grandeur like countless other love stories about regular people in a war. The "Across the Stars" intro is no accident.

You don't have to be a magical super-creature like Rey and Kylo to have adventure and romance. But this also doesn't in any way mean that Reylo won't happen if Finnrose does. In my mind, these two are the perfect counterpoint romances that can support each other, thematically speaking.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 14 Apr - 21:18

@Darth Dingbat wrote:

YES. The more I think about, it seems perfectly fitting that Rose appears to be an ordinary person. They're the everyman and everywoman (John himself has called Finn the everyman) and they can have adventure and grand romance, too. They can grow together, rise to the occasion, become heroes. And I absolutely believe that Finnrose is going to be epic in its own way. I don't think it'll be a cutesy comedy fluff thing - it can have grandeur like countless other love stories about regular people in a war. The "Across the Stars" intro is no accident.

You don't have to be a magical super-creature like Rey and Kylo to have adventure and romance. But this also doesn't in any way mean that Reylo won't happen if Finnrose does. In my mind, these two are the perfect counterpoint romances that can support each other, thematically speaking.
@Darth Dingbat

Absolutely. perfectly said. SW had only romances between "special" characters who were cool right off the bat - Princess and the Smuggler, Senator/Queen and the Jedi. These two are different. I do believe there will be Reylo as a counterpoint, but they'll support eahc other cause FinnRose will be epic in their own way.

Across the Stars is totally ridiculous and anyone who didn't get the memo from it should have their brain checked. Rian's "romantic grandeur and scope" was subtlety of a sledgehammer already but this takes the cake. it's like someone dropped the mountain on your head to make the point.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood Moon on Fri 14 Apr - 21:30

@AceofWands wrote:Yes, Accross the Stars

At 29:14

Also, the biggest new part. And Rian compares her to Luke, with the idea that anyone can be a hero, which means that she is going to be a hero and do something big!
@AceofWands

And that is so important to tell, that no matter what background you have you can become a hero. Not only "entitled persons" but everyone. Just everyday working-class people.

Kelly is unknown to me but I'm gonna check-out what she did before.
Blood Moon
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum