The Kelly Marie Tran Appreciation Thread

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Kelly Marie Tran Appreciation Thread

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Thu 28 Apr 2016 - 10:58

bela.mesecina wrote:
@Irina de France wrote:When I made my predictions for Episode VIII in the general thread about it, I definitely do think she'll "betray" Finn and Poe. Sure, I'm pretty certain FinnTran is going to be the cutesy rom-com of this trilogy (being opposed to all the Reylo angst XD), but if she does betray them, I think it'll be done in a sympathetic light. She could get blackmailed or something.
@Irina de France
Like the girl from Harry Potter...i don't remember her name..*please don't hate me HP fans* the one Harry was in love with..Asian girl...if i remember correctly she was drugged with some potion...
@bela.mesecina

Cho Chang Wink
AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Force Ghost on Thu 28 Apr 2016 - 11:04

@AppleCrumble122 wrote:
bela.mesecina wrote:
@Irina de France wrote:When I made my predictions for Episode VIII in the general thread about it, I definitely do think she'll "betray" Finn and Poe. Sure, I'm pretty certain FinnTran is going to be the cutesy rom-com of this trilogy (being opposed to all the Reylo angst XD), but if she does betray them, I think it'll be done in a sympathetic light. She could get blackmailed or something.
@Irina de France
Like the girl from Harry Potter...i don't remember her name..*please don't hate me HP fans* the one Harry was in love with..Asian girl...if i remember correctly she was drugged with some potion...
@bela.mesecina

Cho Chang Wink
@AppleCrumble122

Yes, her. Thanks! Smile It could work. I don't think she will betray him willingly, because JB said she is new star of Star wars...why would he do that if she is going to betray them. And he never said anything about other new cast members, only her
Force Ghost
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 28 Apr 2016 - 11:19

Geesh, I hope there'll be no betrayal involved. I'd like to be able to enjoy at least some part of these films without angst and potential disappointments Razz

Hard to say because we know nothing yet, but I've got a gut feeling that KMT's character will be a kickass and take-charge type of gal, but with a generous dose of playful comedy. I don't think she'll be looking up at him - I think she and Finn will be equals, with some push-and-pull, and possibly her as the more bossy and risk-taking one. If you look at the space horse photo, she's the one in front, riding the creature, and he's holding onto her for dear life. Makes me think the space horse was her idea Wink

Some pictures of Kelly here, as well as her demo reels (behind the "media" tab):

http://resumes.breakdownexpress.com/524309-2927031

Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Thu 28 Apr 2016 - 12:24

@Darth Dingbat

Stop! I can't handle the cuteness! Wink but I like your theory of her being a cute yet gutsy kind of gal. Maybe she and Finn could snark at each other for a bit. I personally like the idea of her maybe working for BDT, or she's some sort of thief living in the underworld of Dubrovnik and maybe runs into Finn while running away from bad guys (either FO or gang members). She could teach Finn to become more street smart. But I also like the idea of her being a FO agent who betrays Finn and Poe, yet becomes disillusioned with the FO as time goes on. So many possibilities!  

@bela.mesecina

You're welcome! Smile
AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings on Thu 28 Apr 2016 - 17:01

@Force22 wrote:
@Search Your Feelings wrote:Why do I have the feeling that they will make her betray Finn/Poe or somehow be a traitor to the Resistance?
I don't see them keeping Finn and her together as a couple all the way through to Ep9.
I really hope they don't go that route though.
@Search Your Feelings

There were a couple leaks going in that direction. I can see how getting the two together in the next episode is too quick and easy... Could be.
@Force22

Oh ok, maybe that's where I got that vibe...or from HP. If they are indeed the LI of the ST, then I have a feeling that Reylo will be more of a UST type thing, nothing concrete like Love declarations or marriage, and I'd be fine with the UST..it's way more exciting that way and leaves more opportunities open.
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey on Fri 29 Apr 2016 - 12:55

John posted this earlier today. Looks like KMT?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEykrzjsCmP/
BenRey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Fri 29 Apr 2016 - 12:57

@BenRey wrote:John posted this earlier today. Looks like KMT?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEykrzjsCmP/
@BenRey

Yep, definitely KMT!
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 2 May 2016 - 8:10

New photo of Kelly, in running gear: https://www.instagram.com/p/BE3DvzMNH_t/

Earlier photo with a trainer: https://www.instagram.com/p/BDAhzY-J-Qh/

And an earlier photo by Chelsea Hamill: https://www.instagram.com/p/BECH8XohiMR/
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Force Ghost on Mon 2 May 2016 - 8:30

Now i'm 100% sure it was her at that space horse, her hair is the right length and texture Smile
Force Ghost
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 2 May 2016 - 8:38

bela.mesecina wrote:Now i'm 100% sure it was her at that space horse, her hair is the right length and texture Smile
@bela.mesecina

it was her stunt double. But yes, Finn and KMT character are going to be on a space horse in the movie.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Mon 2 May 2016 - 8:41

Aw, love those pics! KMT is really too cute for words.
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Fri 6 May 2016 - 12:35

A cute older photo of Kelly: https://www.instagram.com/p/BAU-aijjO5m/

And a couple of short comedy episodes, apparently from last year:

Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Fri 13 May 2016 - 7:09

John gushing about KMT in an interview bounce

http://www.vulture.com/2016/05/john-boyega-discusses-his-new-star-wars-co-star.html

There’s a woman in Episode VIII, Kelly Marie Tran, who’s going to be breaking barriers like you did in The Force Awakens.
[Boyega beams and nods vigorously.]

She'll be the first Asian person to play a major Star Wars character, but no one knows anything about her. What can you tell us? What’s she like?

I love her. I love her. I think she’s fantastic. But she’ll tell her own story. I feel it’s always weird or wrong for someone the world hasn’t met, for me to come and start talking about her.

Not even to say what it’s like working with her?
She’s great. She’s freaking great, and I love her. I freaking love her. She’s fantastic. Seriously. She’s changed a lot in terms of perspective on just chemistry and industry. She’s a real cool girl.

She’s changed you?
Yeah, yeah! Her outlook. It’s a friendship thing in the sense of you meet someone and you’re just like, “I vibe with you. I feel like I’ve known you for years.” And that’s a very, very good thing.

And you’ll be working opposite each other most of the movie, right?

Girl, you know I can’t tell you that! [Laughs.] I don’t know what I can and can’t say. [It depends on] what beeps in my head whenever I ... [He indicates that he has an explosive device implanted in his temple]. But she’s fully in the movie, she’s a great character, and I can’t wait for you guys to be introduced to her.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sat 14 May 2016 - 8:16

Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 14 May 2016 - 8:29

"FinnTran is coming" is the new "Kylo is coming". Kylo's on Ahch-to now so it's time for another "is coming" and that's FinnTran.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sat 14 May 2016 - 8:41

@vaderito wrote:"FinnTran is coming" is the new "Kylo is coming". Kylo's on Ahch-to now so it's time for another "is coming" and that's FinnTran.
@vaderito

Argh, don't tell me I need to change my sig again! Have mercy, I only managed to do this after a lot of effort! I'm too lazy for this kind of to-ing and fro-ing! Can't we just pretend that Kylo keeps on coming and coming?
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 14 May 2016 - 8:43

Stick with Kylo is coming.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by vaderito on Sat 14 May 2016 - 10:04

@Force22 wrote:
@vaderito wrote:Stick with Kylo is coming.
@vaderito

Kylo is coming. Already?
Or was it after the snow fight?
@Force22

KyloIsComing is reference to WinterIsComing. We coined it when rumors started to swirl that Kylo was coming to Ahch-to. Now he has arrived.

She's adorable and will mash well with JB. Watch sexual dimorphism (height difference) kick in and boost romantic appeal.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 14 May 2016 - 10:07

@Darth Dingbat
Can't even lie, I find KMT just as pretty as Daisy. She has an unconventional beauty to her, a very round face small, wide nose, small but expressive eyes, dark hair. And she has a lovely figure! Anybody calling her fat or whatever just needs to get out of this fandom right now. She's going to compliment Finn so well physically (if indeed the two are love-interests).
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sat 14 May 2016 - 10:11

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Darth Dingbat
Can't even lie, I find KMT just as pretty as Daisy. She has an unconventional beauty to her, a very round face small, wide nose, small but expressive eyes, dark hair. And she has a lovely figure! Anybody calling her fat or whatever just needs to get out of this fandom right now. She's going to compliment Finn so well physically (if indeed the two are love-interests).
@FrolickingFizzgig

I think people are assuming she is fat because she has a round face and looks slightly voluptuous...but I find her really cute and almost doll-like... I hope she is some good character and not a double agent....or even if she is a double agent, she has a change of heart after falling for Finn.

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 14 May 2016 - 10:14

her stunt double is a martial artist so looks like her character is an a**-kicker. Plus, she wore resistance uniform and that guarantees action.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sat 14 May 2016 - 10:22

@panki wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Darth Dingbat
@FrolickingFizzgig

I think people are assuming she is fat because she has a round face and looks slightly voluptuous...but I find her really cute and almost doll-like... I hope she is some good character and not a double agent....or even if she is a double agent, she has a change of heart after falling for Finn.
@panki

Yeah, it boggles the mind. She's got a delicate yet very feminine figure - a silhouette made for vintage dresses. Those people will definitely change their minds when they actually see her in action, I'm sure of it.

@Force22: We all have the mind of an 8-year-old. It's an entry requirement to Reylo fandom. rabbit
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum