Return of the Je'daii?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Return of the Je'daii?

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 14 Apr - 17:37

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
Purple Ren wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:
Purple Ren wrote:Episode 9 needs to start with an A, so maybe:
A New Je'daii Order
@Purple Ren

There's a rule about titles? Didn't know that o_O
@Maria Antonietta

Look at the first letter in each title:
1-3: T, A, R
4-6: A, T, R
7-9: T, ?, ?

So unless they are copying the PT, 8 will be R and 9 will be A.
@Purple Ren

Interesting!

I wonder about the possible title LF registered recently, though - The Ways of the Force. Might not be Episode VIII at all, of course (on the other hand, it would be very suitable for VIII...).
@Darth Dingbat

Didn't The Ways of the Force turn out to be registered for a Disney (park) attraction? Or was that just speculation?

In any case, after the way that phrase was used in TFA, I don't think I could keep a straight face if it were the title of Episode VIII or IX...  I can't un-hear the sexual undertones in that. But then again, my mind is in the gutter anyways...
@ISeeAnIsland

Indeed Wink

The Disney attraction was just speculation, I think? They also registered another title, Seasons of the Force, which turned out to be a Disneyland attraction. But the registration of The Ways of the Force is yet to be explained.
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4404
Likes : 29094
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Return of the Je'daii?

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 14 Apr - 17:39

Clarification: when I said "indeed", I didn't mean your mind is in the gutter, @ISeeAnIsland Very Happy I meant that the undertones are indeed there. But perhaps that's the point, hmmmm...
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4404
Likes : 29094
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Return of the Je'daii?

Post by vaderito on Thu 14 Apr - 17:43

Purple Ren wrote:It always comes back to star-crossed lovers...
@Purple Ren

Rey and Kylo are star crossed thanks to Force workings. It's obvious from the movie that the Force wills their union. And that may just be because they can bring the balance of the Force. When you think about it, there was never logic in having Chosen ONE to bring balance because balance is about TWO. Now we have TWO - Dark with some Light and Light with some Dark. They'll accept one another rather than try to convert into one side or the other. hell, even Maz counsel ships them so you can hear both Kylo and Rey themes in this score:



And Maz talks about the Force. Basically, Maz Counsel and Ways of the Force have Force Theme + Rey + Kylo + whatever additions. It's the balance. Whether they call them Je'daii or Grey Jedi or something else new, this is where those 2 characters are heading.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 9298
Likes : 44166
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Return of the Je'daii?

Post by Guest on Thu 14 Apr - 18:11

@vaderito
If Rey and Kylo end up as a living embodiment of yin and yang, respectively, but then find the balance together, I think that'd be an intriguing path for the story to take.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Return of the Je'daii?

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 14 Apr - 18:20

I just checked, and no one appears to have found out why The Ways of the Force was registered as a trademark. It's not a Disney attraction, at least not yet. It will be the title of something, but what, nobody knows...

(The names Valara and Mon Destra were also registered as trademarks, but nobody knows yet what or who they are.)

I've got to say, though, that if the title of Episode VIII does turn out to be The Ways of the Force, I'll take that as confirmation that it's going to be even more Reylotastic than I could have hoped for Razz "Show you the ways of the Force", indeed.
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4404
Likes : 29094
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Return of the Je'daii?

Post by vaderito on Thu 14 Apr - 18:35

Purple Ren wrote:@vaderito
If Rey and Kylo end up as a living embodiment of yin and yang, respectively, but then find the balance together, I think that'd be an intriguing path for the story to take.
@Purple Ren

Would be a missed opportunity if they didn't. I get that Young Male Hero has to prevail over Old Male Villain because of Son/Father dynamics (son defeats father in order to mature). But this is gender, male/female dynamics. It must be about balance.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 9298
Likes : 44166
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Return of the Je'daii?

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 14 Apr - 18:37

@Darth Dingbat wrote:I just checked, and no one appears to have found out why The Ways of the Force was registered as a trademark. It's not a Disney attraction, at least not yet. It will be the title of something, but what, nobody knows...

(The names Valara and Mon Destra were also registered as trademarks, but nobody knows yet what or who they are.)

I've got to say, though, that if the title of Episode VIII does turn out to be The Ways of the Force, I'll take that as confirmation that it's going to be even more Reylotastic than I could have hoped for Razz "Show you the ways of the Force", indeed.
@Darth Dingbat
I'd seriously be declaring a Reylo victory without seeing so much as a trailer if The Ways of the Force is announced as the title of VIII...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4817
Likes : 25275
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Return of the Je'daii?

Post by vaderito on Thu 14 Apr - 19:03

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:I just checked, and no one appears to have found out why The Ways of the Force was registered as a trademark. It's not a Disney attraction, at least not yet. It will be the title of something, but what, nobody knows...

(The names Valara and Mon Destra were also registered as trademarks, but nobody knows yet what or who they are.)

I've got to say, though, that if the title of Episode VIII does turn out to be The Ways of the Force, I'll take that as confirmation that it's going to be even more Reylotastic than I could have hoped for Razz "Show you the ways of the Force", indeed.
@Darth Dingbat
I'd seriously be declaring a Reylo victory without seeing so much as a trailer if The Ways of the Force is announced as the title of VIII...
@ISeeAnIsland

The Ways of the Force strikes me as IX title rather than VIII. Middle is always about Dark Side victory (Empire Strikes Back, Attack of the Clones).
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 9298
Likes : 44166
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Return of the Je'daii?

Post by BastilaBey on Thu 14 Apr - 19:09

@vaderito wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:I just checked, and no one appears to have found out why The Ways of the Force was registered as a trademark. It's not a Disney attraction, at least not yet. It will be the title of something, but what, nobody knows...

(The names Valara and Mon Destra were also registered as trademarks, but nobody knows yet what or who they are.)

I've got to say, though, that if the title of Episode VIII does turn out to be The Ways of the Force, I'll take that as confirmation that it's going to be even more Reylotastic than I could have hoped for Razz "Show you the ways of the Force", indeed.
@Darth Dingbat
I'd seriously be declaring a Reylo victory without seeing so much as a trailer if The Ways of the Force is announced as the title of VIII...
@ISeeAnIsland

The Ways of the Force strikes me as IX title rather than VIII. Middle is always about Dark Side victory (Empire Strikes Back, Attack of the Clones).
@vaderito

Especially if we are following the poem - first comes the day, then comes the night.
avatar
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2350
Likes : 23503
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Return of the Je'daii?

Post by vaderito on Thu 14 Apr - 19:16

@Bastila Bey That's a good idea. First comes a day (The Force Awakens - though JJ said it awakens Day AND Night). Than comes the light. Finally comes Grey/Balance/Yin Yang.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 9298
Likes : 44166
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Return of the Je'daii?

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 14 Apr - 19:17

@vaderito wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:I just checked, and no one appears to have found out why The Ways of the Force was registered as a trademark. It's not a Disney attraction, at least not yet. It will be the title of something, but what, nobody knows...

(The names Valara and Mon Destra were also registered as trademarks, but nobody knows yet what or who they are.)

I've got to say, though, that if the title of Episode VIII does turn out to be The Ways of the Force, I'll take that as confirmation that it's going to be even more Reylotastic than I could have hoped for Razz "Show you the ways of the Force", indeed.
@Darth Dingbat
I'd seriously be declaring a Reylo victory without seeing so much as a trailer if The Ways of the Force is announced as the title of VIII...
@ISeeAnIsland

The Ways of the Force strikes me as IX title rather than VIII. Middle is always about Dark Side victory (Empire Strikes Back, Attack of the Clones).
@vaderito

It does, but in terms of timing the registration would fit VIII best. The Ways of the Force was registered in October 2015, before the release date was postponed. The Force Awakens was registered as a trademark in November 2014.

I don't think they'd be registering a title for IX yet, but who knows. I think it's either the title of VIII or something else TFA/ST-related (a game, etc).
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4404
Likes : 29094
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Return of the Je'daii?

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 14 Apr - 19:19

@vaderito wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:I just checked, and no one appears to have found out why The Ways of the Force was registered as a trademark. It's not a Disney attraction, at least not yet. It will be the title of something, but what, nobody knows...

(The names Valara and Mon Destra were also registered as trademarks, but nobody knows yet what or who they are.)

I've got to say, though, that if the title of Episode VIII does turn out to be The Ways of the Force, I'll take that as confirmation that it's going to be even more Reylotastic than I could have hoped for Razz "Show you the ways of the Force", indeed.
@Darth Dingbat
I'd seriously be declaring a Reylo victory without seeing so much as a trailer if The Ways of the Force is announced as the title of VIII...
@ISeeAnIsland

The Ways of the Force strikes me as IX title rather than VIII. Middle is always about Dark Side victory (Empire Strikes Back, Attack of the Clones).
@vaderito
True. Episode IX would be okay, too. Tire langue L
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4817
Likes : 25275
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Return of the Je'daii?

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Thu 14 Apr - 19:29

Woah, slow down! We'd all have a reason to celebrate if light and dark siders would stop being at each others necks for a decade or two. In all this current conflict I don#t see much room left for grey jedi.
avatar
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1052
Likes : 5974
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 21
Localisation : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Return of the Je'daii?

Post by vaderito on Thu 14 Apr - 19:42

@Rimfaxe96 wrote:Woah, slow down! We'd all have a reason to celebrate if light and dark siders would stop being at each others necks for a decade or two. In all this current conflict I don#t see much room left for grey jedi.
@Rimfaxe96

they may not go Grey but @Purple Ren is definitely onto something with Je'daii. They were the first. Their split created Jedi and Sith aka Dark Siders. So having a young woman and a young man as a Jedi/Light Sider and a Sith/Dark Sider brings different dynamics between 2 sides of the Force from what we've seen in previous 6 movies. This is about union. Whichever way they do it or whatever they call it, it looks like this is direction they are taking.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 9298
Likes : 44166
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Return of the Je'daii?

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Thu 14 Apr - 19:45

@vaderito wrote:they may not go Grey but @Purple Ren is definitely onto something with Je'daii. They were the first. Their split created Jedi and Sith aka Dark Siders. So having a young woman and a young man as a Jedi/Light Sider and a Sith/Dark Sider brings different dynamics between 2 sides of the Force from what we've seen in previous 6 movies. This is about union. Whichever way they do it or whatever they call it, it looks like this is direction they are taking.
@vaderito

I hope so. God I hope so. It would be a way better storyline than another rivalry.
avatar
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1052
Likes : 5974
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 21
Localisation : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Return of the Je'daii?

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 14 Apr - 19:54

@vaderito wrote:
@Rimfaxe96 wrote:Woah, slow down! We'd all have a reason to celebrate if light and dark siders would stop being at each others necks for a decade or two. In all this current conflict I don#t see much room left for grey jedi.
@Rimfaxe96

they may not go Grey but @Purple Ren is definitely onto something with Je'daii. They were the first. Their split created Jedi and Sith aka Dark Siders. So having a young woman and a young man as a Jedi/Light Sider and a Sith/Dark Sider brings different dynamics between 2 sides of the Force from what we've seen in previous 6 movies. This is about union. Whichever way they do it or whatever they call it, it looks like this is direction they are taking.
@vaderito
Yup. It makes too much sense as far as why Luke would be searching for the first Jedi Temple.
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4817
Likes : 25275
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Return of the Je'daii?

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 14 Apr - 20:21

@vaderito wrote:
Purple Ren wrote:I think the force is very much like yin and yang, which makes sense, because the idea of the force was partly inspired by the Tao, and Taoism is where the concept of yin and yang come from.

The light side is like yin, the passive force.
The dark side is like yang, the active force.
Both sides must be used in harmony.
@Purple Ren

Exactly. I think that One vs Other concept was more in tune with 70s and 80s where we got lots of B&W movies. But noways, grey characters and grey areas are more appreciated, so concept of co-existence and balance between Dark and Light, rather than vanquishing one, is more relateable.


That raises the question - did Anakin bring the balance of the Force or not? he destroyed the Sith, so that part of the prophecy is fulfilled but what about the balance of the Force?
@vaderito

The bolded is so true. SW was in fact a reaction to the gritty, auteur works of the 70s. But because SW started the whole blockbuster tentpole phase that has been going on for more than 30 years, there have been a lot of simplistic works put out under that blockbuster banner ... to such an extent that independent studios and TV have had to pick up the mantle of complicated storytelling and characterization and mainstream Hollywood production houses barely put out anything "best picture-ish" these days. (That was one of the reasons that Hollywood was so impressed with the reception of American Sniper because it was a mainstream, not-too-expensive Hollywood movie that made money like a blockbuster, but was Oscar-worthy ... especially after years of the Oscars being dominated by indie houses like Weinstein and Focus). The audience has grown more sophisticated as a result, and with the rise of Netflix/Amazon and great home theatre, Hollywood really has to compete with TV now, and they need to do in a much less Michael Bay way ... hence characters like Kylo Ren. Disney wants a long gravy train on its SW purchase. The way they get that is get people hooked on it like people got hooked on Breaking Bad, and that is with unexpected and complex storytelling and characters.

As for Vader ... yeah, I think it was a mixed result. He did bring an end to the Sith ... but the clueless PT Jedi thought that bringing an end to the Sith meant balancing the force ... but it didn't mean that at all, because they weren't really into balance, just into the Light winning. I think Kylo and Rey are the ones to balance the force ... that's why I would love Liam Neeson to have a cameo with them ... because he actually got it.

avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3921
Likes : 17892
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Return of the Je'daii?

Post by vaderito on Thu 14 Apr - 20:32

@SoloSideCousin Agreed. Add The Revenant to the list over over 500M global arthouse hits, arguably even tougher sell than American Sniper. Also Wolf of Wall Street.

I would love to see Qui Gonn who's my favorite Jedi ever because he got it, as you say. he's also a proof that you can have a 1005 good guy character who is interesting.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 9298
Likes : 44166
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Return of the Je'daii?

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 14 Apr - 20:35

@vaderito wrote:
Purple Ren wrote:It always comes back to star-crossed lovers...
@Purple Ren

Rey and Kylo are star crossed thanks to Force workings. It's obvious from the movie that the Force wills their union. And that may just be because they can bring the balance of the Force. When you think about it, there was never logic in having Chosen ONE to bring balance because balance is about TWO. Now we have TWO - Dark with some Light and Light with some Dark. They'll accept one another rather than try to convert into one side or the other. hell, even Maz counsel ships them so you can hear both Kylo and Rey themes in this score:



And Maz talks about the Force. Basically, Maz Counsel and Ways of the Force have Force Theme + Rey + Kylo + whatever additions. It's the balance. Whether they call them Je'daii or Grey Jedi or something else new, this is where those 2 characters are heading.
@vaderito

I think one of those "additions" is a preview of the triumphant "Abduction" music. You hear it at the end ... or at least I think you do. Better ears than mine will have to confirm. Very Happy

avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3921
Likes : 17892
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Return of the Je'daii?

Post by vaderito on Thu 14 Apr - 20:39

@SoloSideCousin Can't tell either. Did you check Movie Ways of the Force vs Official Soundtrack Ways of the Force vs ESB in Reylo thread? What do you think about addition of Marry Me music?
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 9298
Likes : 44166
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum