Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray

Post by CienaRee on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 10:27 am

I agree.Shr could've easily avoided mentioning any possibility of grandchildren considering what we know later happens with Ben and Han(the act of Kylo killing him being used by some as undeniable proof that Kylo isn't redeemable and/or doesn't deserve redemption much less having kids).

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 10:29 am

@vaderito

A future that could have been Cry
Let's just hope it's still a possibility in the future, Ben and Rey with their babies and Leia still able to be grandma  

@CienaRee Claps Thumbs up Claps

And the worst thing about Snoke is that apparently he even stalking Ben before he was born. That's creep Mad
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 10:49 am

@Sylvia Snow

OMG! H-beating

I hate Snoke for ruining that family and antis who want total ruin. That poor kid didn't live properly and they don't want him redeemed and experiencing life. Mad
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 11:09 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@AnneNeville wrote:I am now wondering if we will get a "big reveal" in Bloodlines. Is it possible that up until the massacre, Leia did not know Snoke's RL identity, just that a malevolent force was working on her son? He could have still been her close colleague until the FO emerged as a serious threat.
@AnneNeville

That's very possible, but I wonder if they'd actually reveal anything as important as Snoke's identity in a book?

Then again, Bloodline is going to seem mighty dull and coy if it doesn't "reveal" anything at all about the backstory.

I'm actually somewhat prepared to there being something a bit "er, what?" about the timeline. I do feel like TFA (and the associated materials, novels especially; but also the recent emphasis in interviews on Ben's childhood experiences) led us to believe he turned when he was young. If he had a relatively normal-ish life - as normal as it could be with Snoke targeting him - until 23, that makes the backstory quite different.

Not to mention the strangeness of Han basically abandoning his son before the latter had even turned. That would be odd.

I don't know. Perhaps it will all make sense in the end, but like I said, I'm semi-prepared for there being things about the timeline that don't entirely make sense.

I agree with you. I also do not expect the book to reveal much. Any big reveal in the book would have to be repeated in the film because some people will never ever read the book and then it'll annoy the hardcore fans who already know. I am prepared for some crumbles that will make us all guiddy like that baby Ben in Han's arms and some others that will make us scratch our heads and run to Pablo for potential clarifications Smile But who knows mabe we get a more substantial crumble.
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 12:27 pm

@vaderito wrote:OMG, I'm crying.

The grandchild:

@vaderito

AD has been knocking it out of the park acting wise with that baby! Leia needs that grandchild dammit! LOL!!
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 12:34 pm

@SoloSideCousin Hana Solo Twisted Evil She even has her grandpa's eyes and hair. H-beating
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 12:41 pm

@vaderito wrote:I think that she knows more than she lets on and there's a reason why LF didn't ask her to remove grandchildren talk. Those things are super pre-approved and controlled so if htye let grandkids talk in than that's a hint there will be some in the future. Which makes sense cause this is trillion,kazillion $$$$ franchise. They want those little Skywalker-Solos badly.
@vaderito

YES!!!! THIS!!!! Absolutely this!!! The business implications make a consummated Reylo in some way, shape or form an absolute necessity IMO.  I have never thought about it this way until right now, but business -wise it makes perfect sense.  Not only is Kylo the last Skywalker.  He is the last Solo.  They may have killed off Han, but no way, no how are they killing his memory.  They are going to do a Han Solo prequel, maybe more than one if the first goes well.  And though I guess Han could have another kid in those prequels, I don't think so.  No one would compare against his kid with the Skywalker.  

It doesn't matter if they don't have immediate plans for Episode X.  Even if AD refuses to do more movies, even if God forbid they kill Kylo off, they are going to set up some moment in these next two sequels that will allow Rey to get pregnant.  Unless they want to be done with the Skywalker-Solos (which I don't believe at all), they are going to want the possibility for that Skywalker-Solo baby in their back pocket.  If I was a Disney executive writing those checks, I would definitely make sure there was some overnight cave scene preceded by a moment of closeness at the very least to give the franchise a chance at a Solo-Skywalker and now Rey heir.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 12:50 pm

@vaderito wrote:@SoloSideCousin Hana Solo Twisted Evil She even has her grandpa's eyes and hair. H-beating
@vaderito

She does, doesn't she? Very Happy I swear every time I watch AD with "Sample", I think "that baby is what the Kylo/Rey baby would look like ... what a good Dad he is." Very Happy

P.S. And totally off topic, I hope Adam changes "Sample''s name back to one of her 14 birth names when he gets custody next season. Very Happy

P.S.S. Hana Solo is very nice. Simple and Star Wars-ey and it would fit that baby well .
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 12:55 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@vaderito wrote:I think that she knows more than she lets on and there's a reason why LF didn't ask her to remove grandchildren talk. Those things are super pre-approved and controlled so if htye let grandkids talk in than that's a hint there will be some in the future. Which makes sense cause this is trillion,kazillion $$$$ franchise. They want those little Skywalker-Solos badly.
@vaderito

YES!!!! THIS!!!! Absolutely this!!! The business implications make a consummated Reylo in some way, shape or form an absolute necessity IMO.  I have never thought about it this way until right now, but business -wise it makes perfect sense.  Not only is Kylo the last Skywalker.  He is the last Solo.  They may have killed off Han, but no way, no how are they killing his memory.  They are going to do a Han Solo prequel, maybe more than one if the first goes well.  And though I guess Han could have another kid in those prequels, I don't think so.  No one would compare against his kid with the Skywalker.  

It doesn't matter if they don't have immediate plans for Episode X.  Even if AD refuses to do more movies, even if God forbid they kill Kylo off, they are going to set up some moment in these next two sequels that will allow Rey to get pregnant.  Unless they want to be done with the Skywalker-Solos (which I don't believe at all), they are going to want the possibility for that Skywalker-Solo baby in their back pocket.  If I was a Disney executive writing those checks, I would definitely make sure there was some overnight cave scene preceded by a moment of closeness at the very least to give the franchise a chance at a Solo-Skywalker and now Rey heir.
@SoloSideCousin

This is so on-point. Disney did not purchase the Star Wars franchise just so they could kill off the Skywalkers - no way in any universe would that ever happen.

So if Rey isn't Luke's (or Leia's), where does that leave us? There's only one possible trajectory in my mind. Sure Kylo/Ben will be redeemed, but can we imagine him with any other love interest outside of Rey? Can we imagine his redemption without Rey's involvement? Better question - can we imagine his redemption coinciding with Rey's journey, but with a different love interest other than her?

I know I can't...
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 1:15 pm

@iojovi 100%. Even if Kylo dies - and I could see AD probably being done after this trilogy to be honest - it would likely be a sacrifice to save Rey on his part, and it would turn out she'd be secretly pregnant after they'd declared their love or something. There's just no way Disney are ending the Skywalker solo lines with this trilogy, they're a total cash cow.
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 1:18 pm

Why are people under impression that AD would not continue? SW is very lucrative for him. It gives him a good gap between projects (2 years), it allowed him to stay on Girls and it gave him name recognition so he can get projects greenlit that otherwise wouldn't be if he was unknown. It helps his charity work. So he has no reason to end this commitment any more than other actors.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 1:24 pm

@Vaderito It's totally possible of course, we just can't know the nature of contracts or how well the trilogy will end up being received overall. I have faith that Kylo will be redeemed largely because of AD's background and interest in military support, he wouldn't be interested in playing a character who just stays 'bad'. But...it might have already been set up that Kylo dies as part of his redemption arc. It could be very powerful if done well. I'd like a happy or at least bittersweet ending for him and Rey as they embark on the grey Jedi path, but that might just be wishful thinking because Kylo is my favorite SW character.
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 1:30 pm

@vaderito wrote:
sKYwalker soLO could be a hint but it also could be just his thing.
@vaderito

mARK HAMill = Joker confirmed. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 1:31 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@vaderito

@SoloSideCousin

This is so on-point.  Disney did not purchase the Star Wars franchise just so they could kill off the Skywalkers - no way in any universe would that ever happen.

So if Rey isn't Luke's (or Leia's), where does that leave us?  There's only one possible trajectory in my mind.  Sure Kylo/Ben will be redeemed, but can we imagine him with any other love interest outside of Rey?  Can we imagine his redemption without Rey's involvement?  Better question - can we imagine his redemption coinciding with Rey's journey, but with a different love interest other than her?  

I know I can't...  
@IoJovi

If she was the cousin, I could and have imagined it.  In the cousin role she could help in redemption and be his best friend and he could have a LI help as well.  The problem is they made the Reylo stuff way too non-cousiney for that to ever come across right.  But just on paper Kylo is such a great character he could fit with a lot of people and lot of different types of romances IMO.  

However, the presence of non-cousin Rey and those sexual subtext scenes make this imagining a lot harder.  I have imagined scenarios with other LIs where he is in exile for a lot of years, but things always come back to Rey in my head at some point.  That wife/girlfriend always ends up dying and blessing the Rey/Kylo relationship from the next world or something.   Laughing  In those exile headcanons Rey is always pursuing her Jedi goddess ways and Kylo is making his way in exile and his LI is always a "had-a-tough-life" kind of figure and always turns into his best friend turned lover who kind of helps straighten Kylo out until he's ready to meet up with Rey again.  But this isn't a TV series with 7 years to play with to do that Kylo/best friend girlfriend arc before returning to his grand love when he's ready and she's ready.  It's a franchise movie with very limited time to spend on romance, and so much has already been set up between Kylo and Rey: the force bond, the mind reading, the knowing the greatest fears, the visions, the crazy attraction, the "Marry Me" moment, the sexual subtext fight, the cliffside Lloyd Dobler moment, the force sex-ish moment, the scar, the stare across the chasm, Rey looking back, Rey being distracted in the Finn health emergency scene, Rey looking guilty when she meets Leia.

After all that in just the first movie, it *has to be* Rey. It has to be.  She has to be the mother of the Solo-Skywalker heir.  There is just no competition at all in the Episode VII or Episode VIII for that role.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 1:42 pm

WhatGirl wrote:  

@WhatGirl

Dayum!  Shocked  affraid  cheers

tweet that to him!

@BastilaBey Kylo dies but Ben lives. They have bigger franchise potential in Ben than in Kylo. can someone find the video of AD's bad poker face?
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 1:48 pm

@vaderito wrote:Why are people under impression that AD would not continue? SW is very lucrative for him. It gives him a good gap between projects (2 years), it allowed him to stay on Girls and it gave him name recognition so he can get projects greenlit that otherwise wouldn't be if he was unknown. It helps his charity work. So he has no reason to end this commitment any more than other actors.
@vaderito

I agree.  I think he stays as long as it doesn't get too onerous schedule-wise or too boring. (And frankly, at some point they will start working around his schedule I think because I think he'll become that important to the franchise).  He seems to like to do a lot of small budget indie work with interesting directors thus far.  Those projects don't pay well.  SW would subsidize that work.  SW would also help him produce more of that kind of work, a la Brad Pitt and Plan B.  In fact, if you look at his roster for his charity, he seems to have knack for collecting a wide variety of actors to do the performances for his it.  A lot of those people might be interesting to do more projects with, projects SW money could pay for.  He also seems to have developed some pretty good relationships with indie directors like Noah Baumbach and Jeff Nichols.  He'd probably love to be able to fund and get some creative say in some of their projects. Also, like you said, his SW role will draw a lot of attention to his charity.  He seems really committed to this work.  I think he sees it as a service, and since he has frequently expressed guilt over not being sent to Iraq with his team, I think he will remain committed to this.  SW will give him a platform *and* it will reach that military audience across the board.

@BastilaBey: They may have a plan to kill him at the end, but depending on how the next two movies are received and how he is received in particular, they will figure out a way to change their mind.  And frankly, I don't know if they would kill him.  He's so young.  I see the exile thing, like what Kasdan was going to do with Luke and maybe Vader, before I see death.  And even then, he's actually made a good amount of redemptive progress already in his post-Han and post-lightsaber catch reactions.  He's still dark, but he feels like he's going on an upward trajectory already. I don't know, just my opinion.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 1:49 pm

@vaderito wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:  

@WhatGirl

Dayum!  Shocked  affraid  cheers

tweet that to him!

@BastilaBey Kylo dies but Ben lives. They have bigger franchise potential in Ben than in Kylo. can someone find the video of AD's bad poker face?
@vaderito

Indeed!!!!

What bad poker face video? Laughing

SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 1:50 pm

If I I allow my self a one wishful thinking thing in future movies - it has to be Leia-grandmother.
After all she went through - that woman deserves it!!!!!!
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 2:00 pm

@BastilaBey wrote:@iojovi 100%. Even if Kylo dies - and I could see AD probably being done after this trilogy to be honest - it would likely be a sacrifice to save Rey on his part, and it would turn out she'd be secretly pregnant after they'd declared their love or something. There's just no way Disney are ending the Skywalker solo lines with this trilogy, they're a total cash cow.
@BastilaBey

That sounds like a rather potent declaration Laughing
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 2:08 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@BastilaBey wrote:@iojovi 100%. Even if Kylo dies - and I could see AD probably being done after this trilogy to be honest - it would likely be a sacrifice to save Rey on his part, and it would turn out she'd be secretly pregnant after they'd declared their love or something. There's just no way Disney are ending the Skywalker solo lines with this trilogy, they're a total cash cow.
@BastilaBey

That sounds like a rather potent declaration Laughing
@Darth Dingbat

Haha, quite. As much naughty fanfic as there is out there, the most we would probably get is an implication that they spent the night together!
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 2:14 pm

They are not going to swap popular actor in a popular role for his character's baby whose grown up version they have to cast and who knows if he/she reaches that level of popularity. AD is young. TFA new cast is young. They won't replace them with offsprings any time soon. OT actors are old now. if they were in their 20s and 30s and even 40s and 50s (RDJ, nuff said), their characters would still chase adventure and have no kids. Like MCU superheroes who all, except Hawkeye, are unmarried and without family. And hawkeye's situation didn't go down well with fans. yeah.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 2:34 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@vaderito

@SoloSideCousin

You know now that you mentioned it them alluding to Kylo and Rey having sex  would be a good way to make the audience question whether Kylo would leave beyond episode 9. I mean with Rey Skywalker being debunked probably in the next movie(or I hope so)ith her and Luke spending time together the audience would start beliving Kylo would be redeemed because he's the last Skywalker but if they show himand Rey being intimate before the end of the trilogy they might fool some fans intot thinking he would die and leave Rey pregnant.Actually having them sleep together before the trilogy ends would be the smart thing to do.They probably want to do more movies with the castwhcih is great but if  AD doesn't agree to do more movies they're screwed because he's not only the last Skywalker but the last Solo as well and daying without any children means Han's legacy/bloodline  would die which is something they can't allow to happen esepcially with him getting his own spin off.If he accepts to do more mvies then I agree they won't make Rey pregnant but If I were them I would do a posisble scenario like the one we're talking about just in case,lol. Laughing
I would so prefer this option to waiting for 4 years for Rey Skywalker to finally be debunked in the movies though how I don't know how they plan on using that as red herring if they plan on going romantically with Kylo and Rey.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 3:01 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Mana wrote:Attention, this just in: from 'Bloodline'

"Never imagined this, Han had murmured, sitting up in their bed late at night, Ben's tiny head resting in the crook of his father's arm. "Having a kid. Even wanting a kid. But now he's here and -""And you're a dad." Leia had leaned closer, unable to resist the chance to tease her husband. "Just think hotshot. Someday you might even be a grandad."

Han's chuckle had warmed her. "Speak for yourself, sweetheart. Me, I ain't ever getting old."

"Princess Leia?"

Leia snapped out of her reverie, back into the here and now.

:

@Mana

Oh man!!!Where did this come from?!!!!
@SoloSideCousin

What a beautiful, yet sad moment. Really bittersweet. However, I LOVE, LOVE the Han as a future granddad line from Leia! Foreshadowing please! Why leave that line in if Kylo is a horrible irredeemable monster?  I know it's just a small line, but it's a totally unnecessary line. I think its inclusion is a good sign at least. I don't think LF and Disney would allow it just to add to the tragedy we've seen so far; that's  unnecessary.

Edit: Also, in the previously released 'Bloodline' excerpt, there's another Leia and grandchildren reference:

"Leia had to laugh. 'Honestly, Varish. For breakfast?' In other words, Leia thought as she listened to someone cheerfully talk about his grandchildren, this is going wonderfully for everyone but me."

Leia wants grandchildren! Good sign for redemption and Ben having babies. Very Happy
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 4:25 pm

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 4:31 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:Hmm... I just saw some Reywalkers on Twitter panicking about some Bloodline spoiler that apparently makes it likely that Rey is a random? Have you heard anything about it? The book obviously isn't released yet, but it's out with reviewers so somebody may have revealed something.

These people were not really saying anything, they were just panicking amongst themselves and saying "I'll DM you the details" to others who said "omg what has happened".
@Darth Dingbat

Bloodlines has nothing to do with Rey but they are panicking because it's going to show that Kylo's turn happened way after Rey's drop. When you compare their age - Rey was 5 when she was dumped and Kylo 15...well, he was older when he turned and when massacre happened which blows Reywalker's fave theory that Rey was dropped because of massacre. They can't get over that one.
@vaderito

Exactly. Many Rey Skywalker enthusiasts CANNNOT let go of the theory that Kylo dumped Rey off on Jakku in connection with the massacre because he was jealous of her/couldn't kill her, or that Skymom fled the massacre and left Rey on Jakku. If Ben did not turn yet at 15 years old, that also ruins their other flimsy theory that 15 year old Ben kidnapped Rey from Luke and dumped her on Jakku out of jealousy, and he hid her so well that clueless Luke could never find her.
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum