Theory and Ramblings- The rise of the FO, Rey's origin and Balance to the Force

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Theory and Ramblings- The rise of the FO, Rey's origin and Balance to the Force

Post by Search Your Feelings on Tue 26 Apr - 5:49

I"ll place this here as well...

Regarding Rey's parentage:

I'm open to all options (except Skywalker and Solo) but I'm more partial to Obiwan/darksiders. It wouldn't take that much explaining in the ST, just a couple lines that Obiwan had a Mandalorian love during his younger years when he was a Padawan. They can explore this more fully in a Kenobi spinoff to give his movie romance material.

Besides, I'm not that surprised Obiwan strayed from the Jedi path a bit because he had Qui-Gon Jinn as his master who seemed to be more on the outskirts of the Jedi dogma. Obiwan was also communing with his master during his exile.

Maybe Rey is a Jinn lol.
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Re: Theory and Ramblings- The rise of the FO, Rey's origin and Balance to the Force

Post by panki on Tue 26 Apr - 5:58

@Search Your Feelings wrote:I"ll place this here as well...

I'm open to all options (except Skywalker and Solo) but I'm more partial to Obiwan/darksiders.  It wouldn't take that much explaining in the ST, just a couple lines that Obiwan had a Mandalorian love during his younger years when he was a Padawan.  They can explore this more fully in a Kenobi spinoff to give his movie romance material.

Besides, I'm not that surprised Obiwan strayed from the Jedi path a bit because he had Qui-Gon Jinn as his master who seemed to be more on the outskirts of the Jedi dogma.  Obiwan was also communing with his master during his exile.  

Maybe Rey is a Jinn lol.
@Search Your Feelings

Actually obi-wan is my second choice but I felt he doesn't work out for a couple of reasons (I could be wrong)....I'm open to the possibility that he and Satine had a child (possibly Korkie Kryze?) and Rey being a descendant but there is no indication in the canon material till now that Obi-wan broke the jedi code and got into a relationship after that. He is literally called a hermit and a wizard, and he refers to himself as a jedi. And I don't imagine him as a guy who had a one night stand at the cantina (made enough fun of reywalkers for that theory). Also, Rey's propensity to the dark side cannot be explained looking at Obi-wan....he has shown anger but never gone to the dark side.....even when Dooku captured him and wanted to make him an apprentice.

Qui Gon.....who knows? It is possible....I just don't have any information on him in the canon material.....except for phantom menace and the clone wars episodes.

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings on Tue 26 Apr - 6:26

@panki wrote:

I'm open to all options (except Skywalker and Solo) but I'm more partial to Obiwan/darksiders.  It wouldn't take that much explaining in the ST, just a couple lines that Obiwan had a Mandalorian love during his younger years when he was a Padawan.  They can explore this more fully in a Kenobi spinoff to give his movie romance material.

Besides, I'm not that surprised Obiwan strayed from the Jedi path a bit because he had Qui-Gon Jinn as his master who seemed to be more on the outskirts of the Jedi dogma.  Obiwan was also communing with his master during his exile.  

Maybe Rey is a Jinn lol.
@Search Your Feelings

Actually obi-wan is my second choice but I felt he doesn't work out for a couple of reasons (I could be wrong)....I'm open to the possibility that he and Satine had a child (possibly Korkie Kryze?) and Rey being a descendant but there is no indication in the canon material till now that Obi-wan broke the jedi code and got into a relationship after that. He is literally called a hermit and a wizard, and he refers to himself as a jedi. And I don't imagine him as a guy who had a one night stand at the cantina (made enough fun of reywalkers for that theory). Also, Rey's propensity to the dark side cannot be explained looking at Obi-wan....he has shown anger but never gone to the dark side.....even when Dooku captured him and wanted to make him an apprentice.

Qui Gon.....who knows? It is possible....I just don't have any information on him in the canon material.....except for phantom menace and the clone wars episodes.
@panki

Yeah, I remember you(?) posting an image of Korkie (what a name) Kryze and it looked very much like Obiwan+Satine. And Satine being a born leader would understand that telling him about his son would take him away from his duties and path as a Jedi.

I agree, Obiwan was such a noble Jedi that I can see it's hard to imagine him, especially in his exile, straying from it but I also don't think he was perfect when he was younger.

They can explore the following in a Kenobi spinoff :
ESB
Yoda: Much anger in him... like his father.
Obi-Wan: [voice] Was I any different when you taught me?

Impulsive, angry Padawan (possibly like Rey?) whose only love of his life was Satine. Only, Rey doesn't have someone like Yoda around to school her away from the darkside. I'm open to any parentage (darksiders would be interesting) but to me there are a lot of hints pointing to a Kenobi. I'm just waiting for Pablo or tptb to debunk it Laughing
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Tue 26 Apr - 6:33

@Search Your Feelings wrote:
@panki wrote:

Maybe Rey is a Jinn lol.
@Search Your Feelings

@panki

Yeah, I remember you(?) posting an image of Korkie (what a name) Kryze and it looked very much like Obiwan+Satine.   And Satine being a born leader would understand that telling him about his son would take him away from his duties and path as a Jedi.  

I agree, Obiwan was such a noble Jedi that I can see it's hard to imagine him, especially in his exile, straying from it but I also don't think he was perfect when he was younger.  

ESB

Impulsive, angry Padawan (possibly like Rey?) whose only love of his life was Satine.  Only, Rey doesn't have someone like Yoda around to school her away from the darkside. I'm open to any parentage (darksiders would be interesting) but to me there are a lot of hints pointing to a Kenobi.  I'm just waiting for Pablo or tptb to debunk it Laughing
@Search Your Feelings

I am actually waiting for a couple of announcements from Disney/LF to be more convinced of Rey's parentage.....if they announce an Obi-wan trilogy or even a movie, then I'll lean towards Obi-wan is Rey's grandfather.....if they make Star Wars: Underworld into a TV show, then I'll be more convinced that Quinlan Vos is her grandfather....and if they make neither or both, I'll be confused. Razz

So far having a young Han Solo movie (his days as a smuggler and spice trader) and a Boba Fett movie shows they're leaning towards showing stories of the Star Wars underworld, level 1313 and bounty hunters.....but anything is still possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings on Tue 26 Apr - 7:02

@panki wrote:
@panki wrote:

Maybe Rey is a Jinn lol.
@Search Your Feelings

@panki

Yeah, I remember you(?) posting an image of Korkie (what a name) Kryze and it looked very much like Obiwan+Satine.   And Satine being a born leader would understand that telling him about his son would take him away from his duties and path as a Jedi.  

ESB

Impulsive, angry Padawan (possibly like Rey?) whose only love of his life was Satine.  Only, Rey doesn't have someone like Yoda around to school her away from the darkside. I'm open to any parentage (darksiders would be interesting) but to me there are a lot of hints pointing to a Kenobi.  I'm just waiting for Pablo or tptb to debunk it Laughing
@Search Your Feelings

I am actually waiting for a couple of announcements from Disney/LF to be more convinced of Rey's parentage.....if they announce an Obi-wan trilogy or even a movie, then I'll lean towards Obi-wan is Rey's grandfather.....if they make Star Wars: Underworld into a TV show, then I'll be more convinced that Quinlan Vos is her grandfather....and if they make neither or both, I'll be confused. Razz

So far having a young Han Solo movie (his days as a smuggler and spice trader) and a Boba Fett movie shows they're leaning towards showing stories of the Star Wars underworld, level 1313 and bounty hunters.....but anything is still possible.
@panki

I'm 95% sure they are going to make a Kenobi spinoff while Ewan McGregor is still around and willing! They called him into TFA to record and modified old Obiwan's words to say "Rey", Obiwan and Kylo were the only ones to address her directly in the forceback and they wanted his character to be somehow involved in Rey's life. I would love to see SW:Underworld in a TV series (the cinematography looked amazing from what I saw of the underbelly of Coruscant) but Vos is not as well known to the GA as Obiwan so I'm thinking they probably won't bring him into the ST.
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Tue 26 Apr - 7:21

@panki wrote:
@panki wrote:

Maybe Rey is a Jinn lol.
@Search Your Feelings

@panki

ESB

@Search Your Feelings

@panki

I'm 95% sure they are going to make a Kenobi spinoff while Ewan McGregor is still around and willing!  They called him into TFA to record and modified old Obiwan's words to say "Rey", Obiwan and Kylo were the only ones to address her directly in the forceback and they wanted his character to be somehow involved in Rey's life.  I would love to see SW:Underworld in a TV series (the cinematography looked amazing from what I saw of the underbelly of Coruscant) but Vos is not as well known to the GA as Obiwan so I'm thinking they probably won't bring him into the ST.
@Search Your Feelings

I've read news reports of Disney/LF being in talks for both the Obi-wan and the TV show as well since last year.....but no announcement has been made either way....I imagine we'll hear something about either of them only towards the end of this year or early 2017 when the SW Rebels show is ending.

They don't need to bring Vos into the ST....if they have the TV show, people would recognize him from it....look at their sister concern Marvel......Agent Coulson and Agent Carter etc have appeared mainly in the TV show but briefly in the movie....while Nick Fury and Maria Hill appear primarily in movies but make cameo appearences in the TV Show......so they can mainly show Quinlan Vos on TV and have the same character in a brief flashback in the ST.....the GA would then easily recognize him.

Quinlan Vos has a very big fanbase among old fans.....there has to be some reason they decided to bring him into canon, didn't show him dying under order 66, kept mentioning the fact that he is fond of kids (and them of him) in the recent novel about him and emphasized his need for a family (finding it first in the jedi order and later wanting a permanent romantic relationship).

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings on Tue 26 Apr - 18:13

@panki wrote:
@panki wrote:
@panki wrote:

Maybe Rey is a Jinn lol.
@Search Your Feelings

@panki

ESB

@Search Your Feelings

@panki

I'm 95% sure they are going to make a Kenobi spinoff while Ewan McGregor is still around and willing!  They called him into TFA to record and modified old Obiwan's words to say "Rey", Obiwan and Kylo were the only ones to address her directly in the forceback and they wanted his character to be somehow involved in Rey's life.  I would love to see SW:Underworld in a TV series (the cinematography looked amazing from what I saw of the underbelly of Coruscant) but Vos is not as well known to the GA as Obiwan so I'm thinking they probably won't bring him into the ST.
@Search Your Feelings

I've read news reports of Disney/LF being in talks for both the Obi-wan and the TV show as well since last year.....but no announcement has been made either way....I imagine we'll hear something about either of them only towards the end of this year or early 2017 when the SW Rebels show is ending.

They don't need to bring Vos into the ST....if they have the TV show, people would recognize him from it....look at their sister concern Marvel......Agent Coulson and Agent Carter etc have appeared mainly in the TV show but briefly in the movie....while Nick Fury and Maria Hill appear primarily in movies but make cameo appearences in the TV Show......so they can mainly show Quinlan Vos on TV and have the same character in a brief flashback in the ST.....the GA would then easily recognize him.

Quinlan Vos has a very big fanbase among old fans.....there has to be some reason they decided to bring him into canon, didn't show him dying under order 66, kept mentioning the fact that he is fond of kids (and them of him) in the recent novel about him and emphasized his need for a family (finding it first in the jedi order and later wanting a permanent romantic relationship).
@panki

Oh, I meant bringing him into the ST by connecting him to Rey. You make good points about the possibility of Vos being primed to be related to Rey and I'm open to other speculations. I haven't read the novel on him so I'm not that familiar with him. What are your thoughts on why Rey was left on Jakku if Rey is a Vos?
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Tue 26 Apr - 18:29

@panki wrote:
@panki wrote:
@panki wrote:

Maybe Rey is a Jinn lol.
@Search Your Feelings

@panki

ESB

@Search Your Feelings

@panki

@Search Your Feelings

@panki

Oh, I meant bringing him into the ST by connecting him to Rey. You make good points about the possibility of Vos being primed to be related to Rey and I'm open to other speculations.  I haven't read the novel on him so I'm not that familiar with him.  What are your thoughts on why Rey was left on Jakku if Rey is a Vos?
@Search Your Feelings

Vos specialized in doing undercover assignments for the jedi council and a lot of his work was busting up illegal activities like slave trafficking, smuggling and the spice trade. Though he just made a brief appearance in Phantom Menace, Vos had been sent to Tatooine on one such mission.

Slave trafficking was a particular bugbear of his, especially when children were involved. His former padawan Aayla Secura was a a little slave girl when he found her and got her rescued. Due to this, he had many enemies among  groups like the Hutt family, the Black Sun, the Shadow Collective and even some bounty hunters.

They haven't brought Vos's life after order 66 into canon yet though they have hinted he survived (In ROTS, almost the jedi generals mentioned in the wars were killed by the clones...but Vos was not mentioned after he moved to Boz Pity). In the EU, he escapes from Boz Pity back to his home planet and lives there in hiding with his LI and their son who was also FS.

Now I am not sure they'll bring this exact same story into canon....but if he does go into hiding with his family, maybe the family was discovered years later and his old enemies take their revenge by leaving his little granddaughter as a slave with Unkar Plutt to die on a desert planet. It would be the cruelest punishment for someone who was dedicated to destroying illegal the slave trade.

I also feel it was Boba Fett who left her there.....there are rumors that he survived the sarlac pit in ROTJ and there was an easter egg in TFA pointing at Boba Fett... one of the flags over Maz's castle belongs to Boba Fett.

Also in the novel Star Wars: Aftermath, some Jawas on Tatooine have stored some rare items which two characters are allowed to look at. And this includes what sounds like Bona Fett's armor. He obviously escaped the sarlac pit and had to discard his damaged armor.

From the box, he withdraws a helmet. Pitted and pocked, as if with some kind of acid. But still-- he raps his knuckles on it . The Mandalorians knew how to make armor, didn't they? "Look at this," he says, holding it up. "Mandalorian battle armor. Whole box. Complete set, by the looks of it. Been through hell and back. I think my boss will appreciate this.

Based on what has been released in canon so far, even Obi-wan could work out as Rey's relative if they give us some indication of Korkie Kyryze's parentage as well as what happened to him after Maul had him arrested....I initially thought he was Sabine's father (Star Wars Rebels) but I think that was debunked. ...so the trail ended there. No

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings on Wed 27 Apr - 17:25

@panki

Interesting story about Vos.
I am especially intrigued about his undercover business with the Jedi and that would definitely translate well for a TV series.
Your points could lead to a Rey Vos, especially the fact that he was a Jedi in hiding.   There are a few points, though, that keep me neutral on this theory (I could be wrong though):

1. Would Rey scream "Come Back!" to her enemies?  Maybe or maybe not, this could also apply to the Rey Kenobi theory.  Of course being left with Unkarr might make her say that but more realistically she'd be really quiet and scared with all these strangers if they took her away from her parents.
2. Would her enemies who left her there call her "Sweetheart?" Maybe or maybe not
3. Would the above 2 pts apply to Boba Fett?
4. Would the GA (who know absolutely nothing about SW) be satisfied with a character name drop that they never heard of until the TV series comes out (Which probably won't be made in a while but it may correspond with her parentage reveal in Ep9 so maybe)
5. I'm not sure Rey looks like Quinlon but of course she's his granddaughter, not daughter, so I could be wrong

I like your speculation though and it has a chance to be possible.
I especially like that they are still keeping Fett around, I had noticed the Mandalorian flag on Maz's castle as well but I did not know in Aftermath they brought up his salvaged armor.  
Boba was one of my favorite characters in the OT, not PT, and I would be happy if Boba Fett escaped the Sarlac Pitt (I think this was shown in the Battlefront game) but then died later and someone else took up his legend and his armor.  I never liked the whole Boba being a clone business.
https://futureofstarwars.wordpress.com/2015/04/27/boba-fett-lives-and-how-he-escaped-the-sarlacc-pit/
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by RKR Connection on Thu 28 Apr - 15:58

@panki Oh dear you'll never cease to amaze me! <3

I never considered Quinlan Vos because he seems so underrated: I didn't know he existed before you mentioned him a few weeks ago. | But I remember seeing his face somewhere... This one:

Asajj Ventress' vision is really interesting, especially the part about bringing balance to the Force. (by the way I wasn't aware of the fact that Vos appeared in TPM!)

Re: Rey being jumped on Jakku: It's totally plausible. His enemies could have stolen her from him & maybe he died while searching for her; perhaps he even went to the Outer Systems who knows :/

I didn't know either that a lot of people appreciated him; same as Rey who is such a cinnamon roll (in some way). Besides, I wonder how she learnt to speak Wookie. [probably the merchants]

On Jakku Rey observes a woman with turquoise blue clan markings and a purple outfit with a child. Blue markings of that sort are worn by Kiffars from Clan Konshi in the EU. (not the same tribe as Vos though) If they go by the EU, she would belong to the Vos clan who are guardians rulers of two planets.

Mind = blown. | Anakin & Quinlan: it's very poetic, those two are so similar... Ben and Rey would then be truly fated by the Force. (I love the way it sounds!)

Panki, it seems like you're converting me to your theory. I'm now stuck between Sheev Palpatine, King Prana and Quinlan Vos! Sad

PS. So Asajj Ventress is officially dead in the canon universe? | Do you have any idea of who the mother could be?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings on Fri 29 Apr - 0:04

Yup, @panki is a fountain of knowledge and opens my mind to many speculations!
I am quickly going through the forums so don't have time to create a longer post but will when I get back regarding Rey Vos.
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 30 Apr - 15:56

@panki

Good theories on Quinlon Vos, LF & Disney should do a TV series with Jason as Quinlon Vos.
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sat 30 Apr - 17:39

@spacebaby45678 wrote:@panki

Good theories on Quinlon Vos, LF & Disney should do a TV series with Jason as Quinlon Vos.
@spacebaby45678

Thanks Smile

If they finally make a live action TV series of Star Wars: Underworld with Jason Momoa as Quinlan Vos, I will be sooooo happy!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by darkspellmaster on Fri 6 May - 22:53

While my persona pick still is Luke as Rey's father, some interesting things came out with Bloodlines that I wish to share and probably can have some repercussions in regard to the future of where the ST is going and what's going on.

So during Bloodlines we meet with Ramslo Casterfo, a senator who's actions lead to the troubles that start up a huge change in the New Republic as well as the FO. That being said there's a moment in the story where something interesting happens.

Spoiler:
Ramslo is confronted by an Amaxine warrior and defends Leia by using none other then a Force Pike.
This lovely thing right here.

Now why might this be important, well for a few reasons. Firstly the force pike is the weapon of Papatine's guards, you don't get to have one unless you're FS and it's a very strong weapon.

Now isn't it odd that Ramslo is Force Senstive and knows how to use these? Yes this is an item he's collected so it's not like he was a member of the Red guard. But it's important to note that you have to have some skill with the force to use this thing. At least that was so in the old EU, not sure if it's still going on.

The other factor in this is that Ramslo was created by Rian and will more then likely appear in some form in the upcoming VIII. The thing of note is that he was arrested and taken to jail but we don't know about the rest of his family.

It's a strange option but, here goes:

Could it be that Rey is Ramslo's younger sister. He would have been 11 or 12 when she was born, making him close to Poe's age. We know that, given the fact that he's apparently some what FS, it might run in the family.

The only thing that is causing issues here is that Rey was dropped off at a younger age then the whole downfall of Ramslo, unless the family hid her because someone figured her to be FS. It's an option, although a loose one. Or he may know about her family line as well.

My own guess, about Rey, if she's not Luke's, then she's going to turn out to be connected either to Ezra due to the fact that he's a more well known then Vos right now (could be that Finn's related to him), or it could be that she's connected to the Shan family of Revan's since that seems to be coming into play. Other options could be the Govern who apparently didn't have any heir's that died (which could be interesting) making her distantly related to Bail Organa by blood in this case.

The only thing I'm going to be annoyed with is if it's a whole new Force made baby thing.

As for the FO, it's looking like we have a case of the Separatists trying to pave the way for the Empire's return. We don't know if the Empire really is as involved with them as much as we think they are. Would be funny if the Empire comes and helps the rebels fight against the FO.
darkspellmaster
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Fri 6 May - 23:16

@darkspellmaster wrote:While my persona pick still is Luke as Rey's father, some interesting things came out with Bloodlines that I wish to share and probably can have some repercussions in regard to the future of where the ST is going and what's going on.

So during Bloodlines we meet with Ramslo Casterfo, a senator who's actions lead to the troubles that start up a huge change in the New Republic as well as the FO. That being said there's a moment in the story where something interesting happens.

Spoiler:
Ramslo is confronted by an Amaxine warrior and defends Leia by using none other then a Force Pike.

Now why might this be important, well for a few reasons. Firstly the force pike is the weapon of Papatine's guards, you don't get to have one unless you're FS and it's a very strong weapon.

Now isn't it odd that Ramslo is Force Senstive and knows how to use these? Yes this is an item he's collected so it's not like he was a member of the Red guard. But it's important to note that you have to have some skill with the force to use this thing. At least that was so in the old EU, not sure if it's still going on.

The other factor in this is that Ramslo was created by Rian and will more then likely appear in some form in the upcoming VIII. The thing of note is that he was arrested and taken to jail but we don't know about the rest of his family.

Could it be that Rey is Ramslo's younger sister. He would have been 11 or 12 when she was born, making him close to Poe's age. We know that, given the fact that he's apparently some what FS, it might run in the family.

The only thing that is causing issues here is that Rey was dropped off at a younger age then the whole downfall of Ramslo, unless the family hid her because someone figured her to be FS. It's an option, although a loose one. Or he may know about her family line as well.

My own guess, about Rey, if she's not Luke's, then she's going to turn out to be connected either to Ezra due to the fact that he's a more well known then Vos right now (could be that Finn's related to him), or it could be that she's connected to the Shan family of Revan's since that seems to be coming into play. Other options could be the Govern who apparently didn't have any heir's that died (which could be interesting) making her distantly related to Bail Organa by blood in this case.

The only thing I'm going to be annoyed with is if it's a whole new Force made baby thing.

As for the FO, it's looking like we have a case of the Separatists trying to pave the way for the Empire's return. We don't know if the Empire really is as involved with them as much as we think they are. Would be funny if the Empire comes and helps the rebels fight against the FO.
@darkspellmaster

I never thought about Ranslom Casterfo being related to Rey...that would be an interesting twist....this also made me think of another possibility.....could Rey be from Jakku itself and her family (maybe former imperials since there is supposed to be a hidden research facility on Jakku) left her behind by accident? Even scavengers carry staffs......Sarco Plank carries a shockstaff.

I like the idea of Ezra being linked to Rey as well.....they had a similar childhood and both had a lightsaber call to them.....and of course their natural dark side inclinations.

I'm not very convinced Luke had a child because it seems near impossible for someone to re-build an order from scratch and still find the time for a child and relationship. Also, Leia never mentions a lost niece in Bloodline though she is still in contact with Luke....and he seems busy training his student(s) and not searching for a lost child....I could always be wrong though.

I can't imagine Quinlan being related to Finn.....Shocked Finn's character to be is so underdeveloped and contrary (I can't get over how he cheerfully mowed down his fellow stormtroopers who he grew up with and later jeopardised the resistance to save Rey.....Quinlan Vos was a kind person....nothing like Finn Evil or Very Mad ...I'd believe Poe was Vos's descendant, but not Finn)...and Finn exhibits no force abilities...also, Rey did exhibit psychometry when she touched the lightsaber, which is Vos's speciality (no other jedi in canon has this ability). And in the Dark Disciple novel, Ventress saves Vos's life (and she dies instead) because the force shows her a vision at that her decision would have repercussions far into the future and could lead to a restoration of balance....this made me think Vos's descendant has to play a critical role in the ST.

Back to top Go down

Post by darkspellmaster on Sat 7 May - 0:19

@panki wrote:
@darkspellmaster wrote:While my persona pick still is Luke as Rey's father, some interesting things came out with Bloodlines that I wish to share and probably can have some repercussions in regard to the future of where the ST is going and what's going on.

Spoiler:

@darkspellmaster

I never thought about Ranslom Casterfo being related to Rey...that would be an interesting twist....this also made me think of another possibility.....could Rey be from Jakku itself and her family (maybe former imperials since there is supposed to be a hidden research facility on Jakku) left her behind by accident? Even scavengers carry staffs......Sarco Plank carries a shockstaff.

This is very true. Her being from Jakku is an option as well, though I thought the way the scene played out, and from the way her chapter was in Before the Awakening, that she was left behind. In the Before the awakening book, and I think in the novel as well, Rey pauses to look at a family that stopped on Jakku to seemingly get directions or make a pit stop as it were. The other factor is her dreams indicating that she feels warm and that the memories are trying to swim to the surface. If she's never been off planet then the question becomes, why would she be dreaming of places that have lush life? That's where she's confusing me. We either have to assume that she's from Jakku or that she's been dropped off there, and there hasn't been enough clues for a third option, and there's not enough for a choice one way or the other.

If she is from Ramslo's family it could be interesting too if they do meet. All these stories have been about miscommunications, family, and pushing apart pieces, I have a feeling that VIII will at least bring things together. Also Ramslo would be a great person to explain at least some factors in regard to why Ben made the choices that he did seeing as Ramslo's moves caused him, at least partly, to fall.

I like the idea of Ezra being linked to Rey as well.....they had a similar childhood and both had a lightsaber call to them.....and of course their natural dark side inclinations.

I'm not very convinced Luke had a child because it seems near impossible for someone to re-build an order from scratch and still find the time for a child and relationship. Also, Leia never mentions a lost niece in Bloodline though she is still in contact with Luke....and he seems busy training his student(s) and not searching for a lost child....I could always be wrong though.

It would at the very least connect Rebels into the new EU, and you're right they both did have similar childhoods. So many are thinking he's going to go to the darkside, but if he's Rey's dad, hey could be interesting to see play out.

My only reason to think it's not as bad as that in regard to Luke is because I think he had more help then what we've seen. People assume that he didn't do a lot in the last 30 year in regard to teaching. However, and again I have to speculate on this, from what we know thanks to Rebels, is that there are older people that have the force. So it could be that Luke has trained more students over the years then we think. Maybe they helped him build up the Jedi and maybe they were around to take care of a kid as well. We do know that Leia and Han did manage it, and she was actively working for the Republic at the time and he was starting up the Racing circuits (and why do I have a feeling Lando got him involved in that), so there could be a chance that he could have had a kid and was still working with the Jedi.

Part of me wants at least Luke to have a family due to how well it worked in the EU and grew his character over the course of the books. Even if it's not Rey, it would be nice for him to have a family out there, in hiding. How much of what's going on with Luke is up in the air in regard to what Leia seems to know. There's that issue with Radiation blocking communication, and given the hostile environment of the NR, I'm not sure if he would want anyone knowing, even his sister. The only reason I say that is because as saintly as Luke is, he's still that stubborn farmboy that he was when he started out in a lot of ways, and he probably holds things to himself in some cases.

I'm now starting to wonder if Luke and Ben were actively searching for Snoke or someone since Leia cant get in contact with them. And if he was in one place, then wouldn't she be able to talk to him more actively? This isn't about Rey as much as in general as to what he and Ben were doing.

I can't imagine Quinlan being related to Finn.....Shocked Finn's character to be is so underdeveloped and contrary (I can't get over how he cheerfully mowed down his fellow stormtroopers who he grew up with and later jeopardised the resistance to save Rey.....Quinlan Vos was a kind person....nothing like Finn Evil or Very Mad ...I'd believe Poe was Vos's descendant, but not Finn)...and Finn exhibits no force abilities...also, Rey did exhibit psychometry when she touched the lightsaber, which is Vos's speciality (no other jedi in canon has this ability). And in the Dark Disciple novel, Ventress saves Vos's life (and she dies instead) because the force shows her a vision at that her decision would have repercussions far into the future and could lead to a restoration of balance....this made me think Vos's descendant has to play a critical role in the ST.

The only reason I'm wondering if there was any connection to Finn was because of some of Quinlan's actions in the comics, he is a kind person, but Vos was no dummy when it came tot things. Poe, maybe, but I'm not sure right now. They have Poe as a mystery as well. While we know who is parents are, we don't know what happened to his mom, and if he's got some special gifts from living around the force tree. The only reason I think somethings up with Finn is because of a few things. Firstly, in the Before the Awakening book Finn's actually kind to his fellow troopers and does what he has to, to protect them. Phasma even sees him as something special. He purposely puts himself up against Slips to make sure he's not hurt in the fight, covers for him several times, and even after everything that goes down Phasma herself doesn't put in a report about him failing at least three times she covers for him. Which makes me wonder what's going on there.

The other thing is that when he was going on the ship, it seemed like he heard the Screams from Hosin Prime. So I'm wondering if there is some FS in him. You're right he does easily mow down troopers. Then again, the book points out that most of the ones that we see in the movie are not part of his original unit. I'm still up in the air about Finn's actions, I don't see him as a bad person, but he's got a lot to learn.
@panki

darkspellmaster
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum