Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: A NEW HOPE

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: A NEW HOPE

Post by ZenBrainJam on Mon 2 May - 4:15

About the droid market with uncle Owen, they say that the red droid was force sensitive and broke itself on purpose because the Force wanted R2 and Luke meeting. I don't know if it's true, but I like it.
I didn't rewatch ANH because in we I am always very busy, but I remember it very well anyway: when I was 15-17 I watched/listened that OT one movie a day everyday for more than a year, drawing for art school. Star Wars was my study partner.
ZenBrainJam
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey on Mon 2 May - 4:22

The first time you see Rey fight - she wins.  The first time you see Luke get in a fight - he looses and has to be rescued by that crazy old wizard!!

And people say Rey must be Luke's daughter because they can both fight - sure about that??! Shocked Rolling Eyes

Ah OB1 and his memories of a better time and a better Anakin

Internal conflict and multiple personalities within one person is a reoccurring theme in SW - Anakin/Darth Vader + now Kylo Ren/Ben Solo

I can see the TFA is a remake of ANH with Luke not wanting to leave Tatooine + Rey not wanting to leave Jakku

Darth strutting into the room

Poor Luke (use of the Force theme there because you know!)

'I want to become a Jedi like my Father' ( I love you that quote)

Scum and villainy found in Mos Eisley according to OB1 - what does that say about our favourite scoundrel and his walking carpet??!!Laughing Laughing

OB1 being a Jedi mind tricking bad***!!!

Yay the Cantina theme!!  And a motley crew of characters!!!

Han Sad Sad  and so proud of his achievements - especially the Kessel run even then!!!

Luke is impulsive like his Father

Han is so casual shooting Greedo

The Vader interrogation on Leia is much worse than Kylo's on Rey because let's not forget blowing up Alderaan is part of his interrogation of her

2x twerps!!!

Han stepping on Jabba's tail Laughing Laughing

Luke is so rude 'what a load of junk' about the MF and then with Han

Aw the MF and that Stormtrooper was totally looking the wrong way.

Such quality music

Leia is all sass
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 2 May - 4:25

You guys did pick up some great stuff, let me quote you...

This movie should be named: Luke Skywalker is a whiny b***h

Above all!!!!

Yeah Kylo had no hope with his stroppy Grandpa, argumentative Mother, sarcastic Father and whiny Uncle.  Padme and Shmi were the only calm ones!!! Razz

The Skylwalkers ARE the most deranged familliy in space. It is known.

Lohd Vaydah is making a cameo or moh than a cameo

Or Daahd Vaydah for Daisy.

The Dulcinea effect is playing HARD on Luke. Youch.

“You think a princess and a guy like me…” “No.” LOL. BIG TIME

Can you imagine similar dialogue in snowy woods on SKB in TFA:
Kylo to Finn: You think a girl and a guy like me...

God. Luke's whining. *sigh* Skywalker males. It really is a good thing these drama queens have such great hair. As an aside, can you imagine an entire "A SW Story" movie about Ben training with Luke and possibly Anakin's  force ghost?Lord. There should never be more than one Skywalker male in one room at any given point in time.

Two and a half man?

I don´t think I could ever drink blue milk....some things are not meant to be  blue....milk is one of those things...

I think I could. Reminds me of a cocktail.

Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 2 May - 6:12

@Kylo Ren

t=59 min
"How am I supposed to fight?"
I think the goggles are working....Luke seems less whiny already....my world is shaken....

Laughing Laughing Laughing

t=1h 22 min
"It's a wonder your still alive then"
And
"No reward is worth this"
Hihihi...they're so in love already Smile

Yeah, it's love at first site in that family. Kylo had no choice, it's literally on both sides. he had to fall in love with What Girl when he heard she existed. Laughing Laughing Laughing

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey on Mon 2 May - 6:38

I'm back after my dinner break Very Happy

Aw bless you Han for not believing that everything is controlled by a mystical Force and so is your destiny - how wrong you were

The Force is all about feelings Wink

All about the steps - OB1 must like those words - told Luke and told Rey

That TIE Fighter sound I love you

Damn it OB1 has some excellent eyesight Wink

Luke seems to think everyone can do everything no questions asked \_(")_/

Don't bother finishing your sentence there Darth 'I've not felt since-'???!!!

Aw Han stroking Chewie's head Smile

R2 sucking on the juice of the Imperial Network.

It's all about Destiny and the Force and path's taken.

Ha Han calls OB1/Ben an old fossil - and then names his one and only son Ben!!!! Laughing

Money talks!!! For Han at least until he meets Leia.

2187 Razz Razz

Han is a really bad liar - see where Kylo gets it from.

Leia is so casual when she wakes up to find Luke in a stormtrooper uniform - not at all scared despite having a death sentence.

And there is the first spark between Han and Leia 'your highness' - and so it begins H-beating H-beating Love Love

Leia has some balls - and brains unlike the boys including flyboy lol

Han is all sark with Leia - it must be H-beating right from the off

Ummm Luke was swimming around in garbage juice L-puke

Leia is totally a boss Girl power Girl power

Threepio is a better liar than Han and Kylo put together!! Tire langue

OB1 sneaking and creeping

Oh how things will change when Han says he only takes orders from himself to Leia

Stormtroopers must have the weakest minds ever - so gullible and easily lead and the most rubbish shots - Luke and Leia are sitting (standing) targets and they still miss.

I think Leia is feeling the attraction there when Han runs off and she says 'he certainly has courage'

Escaping through a closing door is something Harrison Ford does so well Hey

Arrogant Vader - another Skywalker trait

OB1 and his self sacrifice to enable Luke to become who he needs to become (will Han's sacrifice for his son work the same??)

R2 - full time sass machine, part time firefighter Winks

Han keeps saying sister to Leia?!?!Eh bien (It's like he knew Winks Winks )

Leia is so clearly interested in Han with her if money is the only thing your interested in comment - she's just too proud to admit it

The various pronunciations of Leia is amusing.

Wise words there Leia 'he's got to follow his own path no-one can choose it for him' about Han - but could be said about anyone in it.

There's the Death Star sound now heard in Rogue One

And then there was one

Can see again the comparisons between ANH and TFA with the whole Luke destroying the Death Star while Leia stands on a planet about to be blown up and Poe destroying Starkiller Base while Leia stands on a planet about to be blown up

Aw Han in his best shirt - even his top button is done up ROFL

Clear attraction between Han and Leia at the medal ceremony - the sexually charged looks, the Solo smirk and wink. Whereas it's a playful smile between Leia and Luke (even if you didn't know that they were siblings there was no sexual chemistry between them!)

And FIN
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 2 May - 6:53

@Rogue Rey wrote:
Aw bless you Han for not believing that everything is controlled by a mystical Force and so is your destiny - how wrong you were
@Rogue Rey

I was very close to start screaming yesterday: Run Solo from them when there is still time. The crazy Skywalkers would be the death of you. Very Happy
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 2 May - 7:55

@Rogue Rey

I would have shipped Hanleia if I'd seen SW in 1977. I don't care what GL planned but in Carrie's interpretation, Leia had eyes only for Han. And chemistry and banter was through the roof. Luke/Leia felt like siblings or, worse, Finnrey. Laughing
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 2 May - 8:25

I have re-watched all of the movies in the past 8 or so weeks when I saw TFA. Last time I saw Star Wars was on a date and sad to say that the boyfriend I was with was more into the movie than I was. I was actually pretty bored (and annoyed with this guy, so it probably didn't help my mood). This time around, I enjoyed it! Only thing I'll point out is that some of Poe's dialogue with instructing Finn about how to shoot out the Finalizer's cannons during their escape is taken from Han instructing Luke when they escape the Death Star, specifically "Stay sharp."

Also one thing people overlook with TFA is that is manages via Kylo Ren's early meetings with Snoke to set up some of the conflict that waits until the Empire Strikes Back. So they actually managed to move both that narrative and main romantic arc up far ahead of the precedent. It's all there in the first movie instead of waiting for the 2nd act.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Mon 2 May - 8:57

@vaderito wrote:@Rogue Rey

I would have shipped Hanleia if I'd seen SW in 1977. I don't care what GL planned but in Carrie's interpretation, Leia had eyes only for Han. And chemistry and banter was through the roof. Luke/Leia felt like siblings or, worse, Finnrey. Laughing
@vaderito
Hey, this is hot stuff:

FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey on Mon 2 May - 9:05

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@vaderito wrote:@Rogue Rey

@vaderito
Hey, this is hot stuff:

@FrolickingFizzgig

sizzling!!!! Laughing
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor on Tue 3 May - 8:26

I noticed some telling commonalities between Kylo and Vader, in terms of power structures in their organizations.

At the end of ROTS Vader was suppose to be second in command, taking orders only from the Emperor. Yet at the beginning of ANH he is taking orders from Grand Moff Tarkin; a character very similiar to Hux. I'm guessing Kylo started out the same way with him only taking orders from Snoke and everyone else subordinate to him. Towards the end Hux started getting more ballsy and less afraid of Ren; Kylo already losing some of his prestige, if you will.

Granted story wise, it was rectonneded that Vader was a person of higher authority because he became so popular. But this would be a good way to show how he lost rank between Episode III and Epiosode IV.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum