Young Han Solo Film

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by panki on Fri 25 Nov - 22:51

@AppleCrumble122 wrote:
@BastilaBey wrote:Rebel grrrl and ntip have both said that Variety's article was inaccurate, and that the part Emilia is cast for is not the same as the one that Tessa Thompson and others have been linked with.
@BastilaBey

Knew it! I'm happy with this news! Smile
@AppleCrumble122

That is a relief to know! I hope Emilia Clarke is playing Tendra (or a similar character with another name). Smile

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Thu 1 Dec - 8:26

(nuffin here)

Last edited by Irina de France on Thu 1 Dec - 11:25; edited 1 time in total
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 1 Dec - 9:33

@Irina de France

He just wrote/directed/starred in FX's Atlanta, which is great. If it's being shown in Canada, you should check it out. One of the best shows this year.

Last edited by snufkin on Thu 1 Dec - 11:51; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Thu 1 Dec - 11:25

Youch, I just realized there was a problematic joke in that sketch... I took away the video. I deeply apologize, by the way. Sad
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Tue 3 Jan - 15:14

Casting alert

Woody Harrelson in talks to join the spin-off, possibly as Han's mentor figure
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 3 Jan - 15:38

@Maria Antonietta wrote:Casting alert

@Maria Antonietta

Awwww yeahhhhhh!!!!! I love Woody Harrelson. That guy is a great dramatic actor, but also as funny as he**. I can actually see Han learning the ropes from hard-bitten, down-on-his-luck, but dryly funny Woody Harrelson type. Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Tue 3 Jan - 15:53

@SoloSideCousin wrote:

@Maria Antonietta

Awwww yeahhhhhh!!!!! I love Woody Harrelson. That guy is a great dramatic actor, but also as funny as he**. I can actually see Han learning the ropes from hard-bitten, down-on-his-luck, but dryly funny Woody Harrelson type. Very Happy
@SoloSideCousin

I love him, too Very Happy
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 3 Jan - 23:04

@Maria Antonietta

hopefully he'll get the role! I just love him!
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Wed 4 Jan - 1:13

@Darth_Awakened wrote:

@Maria Antonietta

hopefully he'll get the role! I just love him!
@Darth_Awakened

Me too! It must be a big deal role because they were apparently looking at Christian Bale too.  I absolutely love Christian Bale, but this kind of role sounds like it was tailor-made for Woody Harrelson! Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Wed 4 Jan - 14:54

Harrison Ford having lunch with Alden Ehrenreich:

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 9 Jan - 0:49

For his work in his FX series “Atlanta,” Donald Glover has won the Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy. Jeffrey Tambor, Nick Nolte, Anthony Anderson, and Gael García Bernal were also up for the award. Earlier in night, “Atlanta” won the Golden Globe for Best Television Series - Musical or Comedy. The show will return for a second season. Watch Glover’s acceptance speech below.

Read Pitchfork’s review of Childish Gambino’s “Awaken, My Love!”.

http://pitchfork.com/news/70748-golden-globes-2017-donald-glover-atlanta-wins-best-actor-in-a-tv-series-musical-or-comedy/

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Wed 11 Jan - 8:29

It's official: Woody is in it Cool
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 11 Jan - 8:39

@Maria Antonietta wrote:It's official: Woody is in it Cool
@Maria Antonietta

woo-hoo!

Fantastic news!
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Wed 11 Jan - 8:55

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Maria Antonietta

woo-hoo!

Fantastic news!
@Darth_Awakened

Awesome casting! I think this movie is going to be amazing! cheers

Ohhhh...it just struck me....in legends (Han Solo and the Lost Legacy, I think), Han Solo's old mentor Alexandr Badure asks him to go treasure hunting with him...and they seek out an old treasure....if I remember right, it was guarded by some old brotherhood, descended from some ancient order (read this years back....can't remember the details)

I don't know if there are Uncharted fans here but I would love to see Han and his mentor have a Nathan Drake and Sully relationship in the movie...and they go hunting for old treasure.... pursued by maybe the Knights of Ren? Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Wed 11 Jan - 17:26

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Maria Antonietta

woo-hoo!

Fantastic news!
@Darth_Awakened

Awwwww yeaahhhhhhh!!!!!! Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Mon 23 Jan - 4:28

More Han Solo movie news and rumors:

http://movieweb.com/han-solo-movie-woody-harrelson-garris-shrike-confirmed/

1. Woody Harrelson has confirmed that he is playing the role of Garris Shrike, a SW legends bounty hunter who brought up Han Solo and other orphans (he is a bit like Fagin from Oliver Twist). Another legends character has just hopped back into canon. Very Happy

2. Emilia Clarke is rumored to be playing a female wookie (could be Dewlanna, a female wookie who brought up Han and who he considered to be like a Mother- but gets killed saving Han's life).... so some other actress could still play Sana Starros or another LI.

3. Chirrut Imwe is rumored to make an appearance in this novel (Does this mean Han visited Jedah?)

My theory is that this is possibly an adaptation of a legends story where a young Han meets Quinlan Vos when he is pursued by bounty hunters....there is a lot of action and acrobatics in the story so it makes sense to put Chirrut in this situation, especially since the guardians of the Whills were also hunted by the imperials. It could also be Han's first actual brush with a believer in the force.

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Mon 23 Jan - 4:46

@panki

Wow I am beyond excited! In fact, this is the first time I'm excited for the Han Solo movie!

Do you think this could be a spiritual adaptation of The Paradise Snare novel, like Rogue One was in many ways for Dark Forces? If Emilia Clarke isn't playing Dewlanna, she might be playing Bria Tharen. Also

Potential spoilers :
Will Garris Shrike be the villain? I would assume so.
AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Mon 23 Jan - 4:51

Well, if Emilia Clarke is playing a Wookiee, than the Curse of the English White Brunettes might finally be broken...
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Mon 23 Jan - 4:55

@Irina de France wrote:Well, if Emilia Clarke is playing a Wookiee, than the Curse of the English White Brunettes might finally be broken...
@Irina de France

I seriously doubt she's playing a wookie. I don't think they'd cast a 5'2 actress as one, much less a famous actress (although Gwendoline Christie and Max Von Sydow come to mind...) in a non-speaking role. I think she'll either be playing Bria Tharen (who's a red-head) or a completely new character. One idea I think would be cool is to have her play Han's mother in maybe a flashback or something. I've said before I think it would be really cool if Han's mother is in the film, her name would be Jaina like in Legends.
AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Mon 23 Jan - 5:54

@AppleCrumble122 wrote:@panki

Wow I am beyond excited! In fact, this is the first time I'm excited for the Han Solo movie!

Do you think this could be a spiritual adaptation of The Paradise Snare novel, like Rogue One was in many ways for Dark Forces? If Emilia Clarke isn't playing Dewlanna, she might be playing Bria Tharen. Also

Potential spoilers :
@AppleCrumble122

Bria Tharen is a non-force sensitive human in legends who is part of a force worshiping group, joins a group to steal the Death Star plans and dies during the battle.....that is pretty much Chirrut's story in canon so I don't see them retelling the story again especially if Chirrut Imwe appears in the Han Solo movie.

Another potential character Emilia Clarke could play is Tendra, Lando's future wife.

As for the female wookie rumor, if she isn't playing Dewlanna (who is a full adult wookie), she might play Mala (Chewie's love interest and future wife)..... Mala is canon and mentioned in ROTJ by Han who calls her beautiful (which means he has met her in person).....Mala would be an adolescent as would Chewie (they are casting a shorter Chewie for this movie since he is younger)....so she could also be on the short side. it would be a big twist if Chewie was the character with a love interest in the movie, not Han and Lando. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Mon 23 Jan - 10:11

@panki wrote:

Potential spoilers :
@AppleCrumble122

Bria Tharen is a non-force sensitive human in legends who is part of a force worshiping group, joins a group to steal the Death Star plans and dies during the battle.....that is pretty much Chirrut's story in canon so I don't see them retelling the story again especially if Chirrut Imwe appears in the Han Solo movie.

Another potential character Emilia Clarke could play is Tendra, Lando's future wife.

As for the female wookie rumor, if she isn't playing Dewlanna (who is a full adult wookie), she might play Mala (Chewie's love interest and future wife)..... Mala is canon and mentioned in ROTJ by Han who calls her beautiful (which means he has met her in person).....Mala would be an adolescent as would Chewie (they are casting a shorter Chewie for this movie since he is younger)....so she could also be on the short side. it would be a big twist if Chewie was the character with a love interest in the movie, not Han and Lando. Razz

@panki I know who she is Wink. What I meant was do you reckon it could be an adaptation of some sorts like Rogue One kind of was for Dark Forces, with the same plot and similarities basically. And Bria doesn't have to follow the exact same path she did in Legends, but still be similar to her counterpart in many ways. But hey here's a thought - if she is in it, what if she joins The Church of the Force instead? Or at least some early version of it? I'm still done for her playing Tendra too - either one would be cool.

Nah. I'm sorry but I cannot see them casting Emila - a well known actress in an iconic role - in one that mainly grunts and roars, I just can't.
AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Mon 23 Jan - 10:18

@AppleCrumble122 wrote:
@panki wrote:

Potential spoilers :
@AppleCrumble122

@panki I know who she is Wink. What I meant was do you reckon it could be an adaptation of some sorts like Rogue One kind of was for Dark Forces, with the same plot and similarities basically. And Bria doesn't have to follow the exact same path she did in Legends, but still be similar to her counterpart in many ways. But hey here's a thought - if she is in it, what if she joins The Church of the Force instead? Or at least some early version of it? I'm still done for her playing Tendra too - either one would be cool.

Nah. I'm sorry but I cannot see them casting Emila - a well known actress in an iconic role - in one that mainly grunts and roars, I just can't.
@AppleCrumble122

Haha....you're right....it would be weird to see her grunt and roar... Razz

Maybe I'm biased but I'm hoping she is Tendra because that would silence a lot of antis who complain about the lack of interracial relationships in SW....give them one less reason to hate on reylo. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Mon 23 Jan - 10:36

@panki wrote:Maybe I'm biased but I'm hoping she is Tendra because that would silence a lot of antis who complain about the lack of interracial relationships in SW....give them one less reason to hate on reylo. Very Happy

@panki LOL nope it really won't unfortunately. Jyn and Cassian is interracial, and that does not stop people from hating on Reylo. In fact, on tumblr lots of antis noticed that Reylos also like Rebelcaptain (the Jyn/Cassian ship name) and have started to hate on it as well, saying that Jyn is useless and not good enough for Cassian - no mention of them being interracial at all. Also look at the early reaction FinnTran is getting. That's way more progressive than a Black/White pairing and yet it's still being called racist because a POC isn't getting with a white person  Rolling Eyes. Bottom line is they really don't care about interracial relationships, they just want to hate on something they don't like and make others feel guilty by liking it. Lando/Tendra in the Han Solo movie won't change that.
AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 30 Jan - 8:33

Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Mon 30 Jan - 9:18

@Darth_Awakened

"Red Cup" is the production name for the movie? Like a red "Solo" cup?

Lol, that's actually kind of cute. It fits with Han's (and Lando's) reputation since Solo cups are the most common disposable party/drinking cups (at least in the U.S).

I was initially a little resistant to the idea of a new Han Solo movie, but I'm actually looking forward to it now. I hope it's good!
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum