Young Han Solo Film

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by IoJovi on Mon 30 Jan - 17:50

Kessel89 wrote:
@Darth_Awakened

"Red Cup" is the production name for the movie? Like a red "Solo" cup?



Lol, that's actually kind of cute. It fits with Han's (and Lando's) reputation since Solo cups are the most common disposable party/drinking cups (at least in the U.S).

I was initially a little resistant to the idea of a new Han Solo movie, but I'm actually looking forward to it now. I hope it's good!
@Kessel89

That is cute!!! It's not really a stretch since anytime some one asks me to grab them a red solo cup, I immediately think of Han... Laughing

_________________
"By the grace of your training, I will not be seduced."

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
avatar
IoJovi
Moderator

Messages : 4827
Likes : 26324
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 100
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by snufkin on Sat 4 Feb - 6:38

Lando Had Lunch With Lando

ou recently had lunch with Donald Glover. What'd you talk about?

He’s a very delightful young man, I must say. We had a very nice lunch and we talked for a very long time and it was very easy. He had questions about [Lando]. I guess he was doing what normal actors do, they just want to find out what direction they want to take so they gather their information. So, we just sat and talked, and I didn’t want to impose on anything he wanted to do — he’s got his own ideas, I would imagine. I know he has his own ideas. He’s a very talented young man. In fact, I was listening to some of his music [Childish Gambino, Glover’s musical alter-ego] and it’s pretty good stuff.

What type of ideas was he proposing?

Not to any great extent, I think he basically just wanted to see me, meet me, get to know me a little bit and probably figure out a way to use me in developing his character.

He had recently said that he wasn’t “as cool” as you. Did you give him any pointers on being cool?

Well, nobody’s as cool as me. (Laughs.) That’s a tough way to go. No, I’m only joking. Donald is eclectic, I think that’s really important particularly for the character of Lando. He is particularly eclectic in the way he approaches his art. When I talked to him I really got the sense of him being a worldly person.

You had also recently said that the Star Wars producers should leave the character of Lando alone. Did you change your mind after speaking with Glover?

I don’t know. To me, I guess what it is that I identify so much with Lando. I mean, Lando has been very much a part of my life for over 30 years. When I go out and do conventions and stuff like that, even though people know me from all the other things that I’ve done, certainly [Lando] takes precedence. I just never thought of anybody else being Lando. I just see myself as Lando.

Is that hard, saying goodbye to a character or watching him take on a life after you?

Well, eventually something else has to happen with it. But I’m not saying goodbye to that character. It’s still very much a part of my life. I created that character.

Whatever backstory they've written for Han's young scoundrel days, there's going to be some kind of contrast with whatever it turns out was his son's life during that same period of his life.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4745
Likes : 20162
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by panki on Sat 4 Feb - 17:55

Lando meets Lando... Very Happy



And Billy Dee Williams talks about his meeting Donald Glover....

He’s a very delightful young man, I must say. We had a very nice lunch and we talked for a very long time and it was very easy. He had questions about [Lando]. I guess he was doing what normal actors do, they just want to find out what direction they want to take so they gather their information. So, we just sat and talked, and I didn’t want to impose on anything he wanted to do — he’s got his own ideas, I would imagine. I know he has his own ideas. He’s a very talented young man. In fact, I was listening to some of his music [Childish Gambino, Glover’s musical alter-ego] and it’s pretty good stuff.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/billy-dee-williams-star-wars-lunch-donald-glover-lando-calrissian-971886

_________________
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 2699
Likes : 9666
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by panki on Wed 8 Feb - 12:50

Just read a rumor that Emilia Clarke might be playing Hera Syndulla ....if the rumor is true, it might be another TV show to movie crossover moment like in Rogue One where we saw Forest Whitaker play Saw Gerrera...this makes sense since Lando and Hera met in season 1 of Rebels and is subsequently mentioned in seasons 2 and 3 so the timeline matches.

Looks like the Emilia Clarke as Hera fanart has already started... Razz


_________________
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 2699
Likes : 9666
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by vaderito on Thu 9 Feb - 16:22

rumor is actually that another actress is playing a CGI alien part:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/77228

Variety is reporting that British actress Phoebe Waller-Bridge may be joining up with Phil Lord and Chris Miller's Young Han Solo Star Wars Spin-off movie. Waller-Bridge is currently the star of Amazon's series FLEABAG and has had succes on series like CRASHING and BROADCHURCH. You may have also seen her in The Iron Lady.

Her deal isn't final yet, but Variety is pretty sure she'll be playing an entirely CG character (a la Maz Kanata in JJ's The Force Awakens). Could it be an alien?




avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6679
Likes : 32419
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by Irina de France on Thu 9 Feb - 16:24

@vaderito wrote:rumor is actually that another actress is playing a CGI alien part:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/77228

Variety is reporting that British actress Phoebe Waller-Bridge may be joining up with Phil Lord and Chris Miller's Young Han Solo Star Wars Spin-off movie. Waller-Bridge is currently the star of Amazon's series FLEABAG and has had succes on series like CRASHING and BROADCHURCH. You may have also seen her in The Iron Lady.

Her deal isn't final yet, but Variety is pretty sure she'll be playing an entirely CG character (a la Maz Kanata in JJ's The Force Awakens). Could it be an alien?




@vaderito

I think I might be colorblind, but I think she's a white brunette.
avatar
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1146
Likes : 5884
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-22
Age : 21
Localisation : Ottawa, Canada

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by vaderito on Thu 9 Feb - 16:27

@Irina de France wrote:

I think I might be colorblind, but I think she's a white brunette.
@Irina de France

yep, with a British accent. Laughing

avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6679
Likes : 32419
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 9 Feb - 16:34

British brunettes are to Lucasfilm what curvy, shrill screaming blonds were to Hitchcock. Laughing
avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2643
Likes : 24441
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 22
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by panki on Thu 9 Feb - 17:15

@vaderito wrote:rumor is actually that another actress is playing a CGI alien part:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/77228

Variety is reporting that British actress Phoebe Waller-Bridge may be joining up with Phil Lord and Chris Miller's Young Han Solo Star Wars Spin-off movie. Waller-Bridge is currently the star of Amazon's series FLEABAG and has had succes on series like CRASHING and BROADCHURCH. You may have also seen her in The Iron Lady.

Her deal isn't final yet, but Variety is pretty sure she'll be playing an entirely CG character (a la Maz Kanata in JJ's The Force Awakens). Could it be an alien?


@vaderito

1. There can be multiple actresses playing the role of an alien in the same movie. A Twil'lek character (like Hera Syndulla) doesn't require CGI; the actress would require prosthetic additions as was done for ROTJ.

Oola in ROTJ

2. There is actually a rumor that Emilia Clarke might be playing Hera Syndulla. Before I am asked to provide a link to show I didn't make this rumor up (as has happened in the past), here is one article mentioning this and a link to it-

However, some reports say Emilia Clarke role in "Star Wars Han Solo" movie could be Hera Syndulla. IGN reported that Hera is a green alien character in the animated series "Star Wars Rebels," Hera serves as a commander and very compassionate to her people. If this is true, then Clarke be put on a green prosthetics though.

http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/74108/20161125/han-solo-movie-release-date-news-update-emilia-clarke-joins-the-cast-of-han-solo-spinoff-movie.htm

3.  Phoebe Waller-Bridge is still in talks for a CGI role of a droid or an alien; her role has not been officially confirmed as yet. So she is obviously in talks for a completely different role.
http://www.slashfilm.com/phoebe-waller-bridge-han-solo-casting/

_________________
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 2699
Likes : 9666
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by vaderito on Thu 9 Feb - 17:23

Sucks that they are bringing Hera into movies but Emilia would make her tolerable at least. I hate Sindulla family since reading Lords of the Sith.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6679
Likes : 32419
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by Irina de France on Thu 9 Feb - 17:25

@vaderito wrote:Sucks that they are bringing Hera into movies but Emilia would make her tolerable at least. I hate Sindulla family since reading Lords of the Sith.
@vaderito

What do you have against Hera? I mean, I can understand why you wouldn't like her dad, but Hera is great.
avatar
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1146
Likes : 5884
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-22
Age : 21
Localisation : Ottawa, Canada

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by panki on Thu 9 Feb - 17:27

@Irina de France

I love Hera....am actually very excited at the chance of seeing her brought into live action.... we don't see her enough on Rebels.

_________________
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 2699
Likes : 9666
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by vaderito on Thu 9 Feb - 17:29

@Irina de France wrote:

What do you have against Hera? I mean, I can understand why you wouldn't like her dad, but Hera is great.
@Irina de France

I imagine she's just like him (would shoot medics helping the wounded and IT staff just because they are Imperials) and it would hurt him if she got killed. I also want Kanan and Ezra dead so that Luke could be the last Jedi. I really don't like this stupid retconning that goes in the Rebels.

avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6679
Likes : 32419
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 9 Feb - 17:47

@vaderito wrote:
@Irina de France wrote:

What do you have against Hera? I mean, I can understand why you wouldn't like her dad, but Hera is great.
@Irina de France

I imagine she's just like him (would shoot medics helping the wounded and IT staff just because they are Imperials) and it would hurt him if she got killed. I also want Kanan and Ezra dead so that Luke could be the last Jedi. I really don't like this stupid retconning that goes in the Rebels.

@vaderito
I don't really see how it can be called retcon when Rebels is set before A New Hope. Nobody ever said all the Jedi died in Order 66 and it could have been presumed that more than Obi-Wan survived. Also there's no need for Ezra and Kanan to outright die. Ashoka was no longer a Jedi, I assume the same will happen to Ezra. Kanan on the other hand is more likely bite it.
avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2643
Likes : 24441
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 22
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by vaderito on Thu 9 Feb - 17:57

I just don't ant them to be important in the larger story from ANH onward. The main appeal is that Luke was the last one, not that there were more running around.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6679
Likes : 32419
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by panki on Thu 9 Feb - 18:04

I just realised the role Pheobe Waller-Bridge could be auditioning for.... I'm speculating here but Han Solo knew Maz from before so there is a chance she might be in the movie. Her castle was occupied by an ancient droid called ME-8D9 or Emmie who lived in the castle long before Maz arrived there.... Emmie was rumored to have once been an assassin and belonged to the jedi order (retcon of Revan's droid?)  Confus I have a feeling she knows something about Snoke's history, given that Maz's castle was once a jedi temple and the site of an ancient war.

Emmie can be briefly seem in TFA, she is also a background character in 2 novels (Smuggler's Run and Finn's story), and has a speaking role in one novel (Life Debt). An uncredited actress played her role in TFA but she was in the background- but the character was a mix of CGI and practical effects.

Now how could she potentially fit into the Han Solo movie?

Emmie acts as a translator for smugglers, pirates and criminals in Maz's castle....so if there is a scene in Maz's castle in the Han Solo movie, she could be helping Han, Lando etc. make a deal with some alien scoundrels.



_________________
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 2699
Likes : 9666
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 9 Feb - 18:07

@vaderito wrote:I just don't ant them to be important in the larger story from ANH onward. The main appeal is that Luke was the last one, not that there were more running around.
@vaderito
Well, I think that's kind of the point of Rebels isn't it? The life of a Force sensitive boy who happened to be born in a time when kids like him were hunted down and slaughtered, as well as the final stand before the Empire started gaining power again. There's an undeniable sense of doom in the idea that Ezra really is training for nothing, the entire crew of the Ghost and the rebellion will ultimately fail to an extent before A New Hope takes place. Kids watching the show don't realize this, and that's the magic of it. IMO, it's actually very poignant and thus makes for a powerful temporal setting. Seeing Ezra train so hard despite being part of an ultimately dead religion is pretty heartbreaking. It doesn't matter if he lives or dies or falls to the dark side. He will never be the one to save the galaxy and he won't be the last Jedi.
avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2643
Likes : 24441
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 22
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by panki on Thu 9 Feb - 18:11

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@vaderito wrote:I just don't ant them to be important in the larger story from ANH onward. The main appeal is that Luke was the last one, not that there were more running around.
@vaderito
Well, I think that's kind of the point of Rebels isn't it? The life of a Force sensitive boy who happened to be born in a time when kids like him were hunted down and slaughtered, as well as the final stand before the Empire started gaining power again. There's an undeniable sense of doom in the idea that Ezra really is training for nothing, the entire crew of the Ghost and the rebellion will ultimately fail to an extent before A New Hope takes place. Kids watching the show don't realize this, and that's the magic of it. IMO, it's actually very poignant and thus makes for a powerful temporal setting. Seeing Ezra train so hard despite being part of an ultimately dead religion is pretty heartbreaking. It doesn't matter if he lives or dies or falls to the dark side. He will never be the one to save the galaxy and he won't be the last Jedi.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I think you've summed it up beautifully....I thought the synopsis of Ezra rushing to Tatooine to stop Maul was heartbreaking because he is never going to be the hero of the story...Luke is. But the recent influx of non-jedi force users has given me hope that either Kanan or Ezra could still survive and give up being a jedi altogether....so there is no inconsistency in Luke being the last jedi but no unnecessary deaths either.

_________________
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 2699
Likes : 9666
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by Irina de France on Thu 9 Feb - 18:12

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@vaderito wrote:I just don't ant them to be important in the larger story from ANH onward. The main appeal is that Luke was the last one, not that there were more running around.
@vaderito
Well, I think that's kind of the point of Rebels isn't it? The life of a Force sensitive boy who happened to be born in a time when kids like him were hunted down and slaughtered, as well as the final stand before the Empire started gaining power again. There's an undeniable sense of doom in the idea that Ezra really is training for nothing, the entire crew of the Ghost and the rebellion will ultimately fail to an extent before A New Hope takes place. Kids watching the show don't realize this, and that's the magic of it. IMO, it's actually very poignant and thus makes for a powerful temporal setting. Seeing Ezra train so hard despite being part of an ultimately dead religion is pretty heartbreaking. It doesn't matter if he lives or dies or falls to the dark side. He will never be the one to save the galaxy and he won't be the last Jedi.
@FrolickingFizzgig

It's like the arc with the younglings in TCW. It's adorable, and everything, and the story is great... but the adults all know what's going to happen to the kids in ROTS...
avatar
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1146
Likes : 5884
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-22
Age : 21
Localisation : Ottawa, Canada

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by vaderito on Thu 9 Feb - 18:13

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Well, I think that's kind of the point of Rebels isn't it? The life of a Force sensitive boy who happened to be born in a time when kids like him were hunted down and slaughtered, as well as the final stand before the Empire started gaining power again. There's an undeniable sense of doom in the idea that Ezra really is training for nothing, the entire crew of the Ghost and the rebellion will ultimately fail to an extent before A New Hope takes place. Kids watching the show don't realize this, and that's the magic of it. IMO, it's actually very poignant and thus makes for a powerful temporal setting. Seeing Ezra train so hard despite being part of an ultimately dead religion is pretty heartbreaking. It doesn't matter if he lives or dies or falls to the dark side. He will never be the one to save the galaxy and he won't be the last Jedi.
@FrolickingFizzgig

And that's the way it should be. Nobody asked for this character so it makes sense that he won't steal what's Luke's. Moreover, they don't have to die. Something much worse could happen to them - become entirely insignificant, watch everyone fawn over Luke, etc. I just hope LF has enough decency that they don't introduce half-slugs (Hera/Kanan brats). That's something absolutely no one needs to see.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6679
Likes : 32419
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by panki on Thu 9 Feb - 18:20

Kindly Refrain from using character descriptions that could be deemed inappropriate as it is in violation of the forum rules.

_________________
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 2699
Likes : 9666
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 9 Feb - 18:25

@vaderito wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Well, I think that's kind of the point of Rebels isn't it? The life of a Force sensitive boy who happened to be born in a time when kids like him were hunted down and slaughtered, as well as the final stand before the Empire started gaining power again. There's an undeniable sense of doom in the idea that Ezra really is training for nothing, the entire crew of the Ghost and the rebellion will ultimately fail to an extent before A New Hope takes place. Kids watching the show don't realize this, and that's the magic of it. IMO, it's actually very poignant and thus makes for a powerful temporal setting. Seeing Ezra train so hard despite being part of an ultimately dead religion is pretty heartbreaking. It doesn't matter if he lives or dies or falls to the dark side. He will never be the one to save the galaxy and he won't be the last Jedi.
@FrolickingFizzgig

And that's the way it should be. Nobody asked for this character so it makes sense that he won't steal what's Luke's. Moreover, they don't have to die. Something much worse could happen to them - become entirely insignificant, watch everyone fawn over Luke, etc. I just hope LF has enough decency that they don't introduce half-slugs (Hera/Kanan brats). That's something absolutely no one needs to see.
@vaderito
Nobody has ever asked for any character in anything because characters are created by writers? Lucasfilm/Disney wanted to make an animated children's series about the period of time before ANH so they did. I don't see why you're wishing ill on a fictional character because you're concerned about something that will never happen, i.e. Ezra "stealing what belongs to Luke". Ezra doesn't have to be the saviour of the galaxy or the destroyer of the Death Star. I imagine even if/when he gives up the path of the Jedi it will be more poetic than anything.

And as for saying you don't want "half-breeds", well, I have nothing to say. I don't see them going in that direction but even if they did I wouldn't care. SW doesn't seem particularly against inter-species romance between humanoids.
avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2643
Likes : 24441
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 22
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by vaderito on Thu 9 Feb - 18:27

I just don't want cartoon characters to become as important as movie characters. I don't like retconning. as long as they make it clear that Rebels characters are not nearly as important as movie characters, that's fine. But there must be a hierarchy.

And they should draw the line when it comes to inter-species mixing. Humans and Twi'leks mixing is disgusting. Horrible idea. Should not roll over into movies. Pair Twi'leks with Hutts, that's fine, but leave humans out.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6679
Likes : 32419
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 9 Feb - 18:31

@vaderito wrote:I just don't want cartoon characters to become as important as movie characters. I don't like retconning. as long as they make it clear that Rebels characters are not nearly as important as movie characters, that's fine. But there must be a hierarchy.
@vaderito
What are they going to do, use CGI to add Ezra and co. into the Original Trilogy and have them overshadow the OT3, destroy the Death Star, have Ezra replace Luke, make Ezra Vader's son and have Ezra kick Luke off Cloud City before being the one to redeem Vader? xD I wouldn't be worried. I guess that'll be the new blu-ray special edition release so fans have something else to complain about that isn't "who shot first".

It's not so much a matter of hierarchy as it is presenting subject matter that makes sense and is appropriate for different mediums. Rebels is telling its own story. It has very little if anything to do with the OT and that will remain to be so. Nobody in Rebels cares about stealing Luke's thunder. They don't even know he exists, and they might never know.
avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2643
Likes : 24441
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 22
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by panki on Thu 9 Feb - 18:36

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

And as for saying you don't want "half-breeds", well, I have nothing to say. I don't see them going in that direction but even if they did I wouldn't care. SW doesn't seem particularly against inter-species romance between humanoids.
@FrolickingFizzgig

TCW has an episode on a Human- Twil'lek pair and their children. Hybrid children existed in the EU and TCW brought them into canon.


_________________
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 2699
Likes : 9666
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum