Young Han Solo Film

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 9 Feb - 19:38

panki wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

And as for saying you don't want "half-breeds", well, I have nothing to say. I don't see them going in that direction but even if they did I wouldn't care. SW doesn't seem particularly against inter-species romance between humanoids.
@FrolickingFizzgig

TCW has an episode on a Human- Twil'lek pair and their children. Hybrid children existed in the EU and TCW brought them into canon.

@panki
AWWWW, come on, they're cute! The little boy lmao. They definitely look more Twi'lek than human, but very funny. xD
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 9 Feb - 19:42

@panki

Horrible. If they have to do that, keep it in cartoons, otherwise it's Star Trek.

@FrolickingFizzgig

I'm just worried that they'll make more stories set in that time with inevitable undermining of OT heroes roles to prop new characters. if they already plan to shoe-horn that sour puss Hera in a supposedly very funny Han Solo movie, that's a problem, IMO.

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Thu 9 Feb - 20:01

@vaderito

While this is a reylo forum, there are people here who like other characters and pairings. So while you are free to have all sorts of views on characters and pairings, kindly refrain from posting messages that could potentially hurt the sentiments of other members and goes against the forum rules as well.

We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
panki

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 9 Feb - 20:05

panki wrote:@vaderito

While this is a reylo forum, there are people here who like other characters and pairings. So while you are free to have all sorts of views on characters and pairings, kindly refrain from posting messages that could potentially hurt the sentiments of other members and goes against the forum rules as well.
@panki

Fine though I didn't say they shouldn't be paired at all. Just not in the movies. Too Star Trek considering really dodgy alien design.

BTW, it looks like Sabine is so much more popular than Hera. So much more. Everyone's talking only about Sabine and how cool and awesome she is. Yeah.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Thu 9 Feb - 20:09

vaderito wrote:
panki wrote:@vaderito

@panki

Fine though I didn't say they shouldn't be paired at all. Just not in the movies. Too Star Trek considering really dodgy alien design.
@vaderito

Human- Alien pairings have also been a part of the SW EU....they're not something Disney brought into canon overnight....Hero-Villain romantic pairings were also not part of SW movies but here we all are in a forum dedicated to shipping one such pair. Do we now say that because they were found in EU games, comics and books, we should pack our bags and give up on reylo too?

The SW movies showed an extremely limited portion of the SW universe....so it is only logical for them to bring more and more of it into movies and take an inclusive approach.

Last edited by panki on Thu 9 Feb - 20:26; edited 1 time in total

panki

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Thu 9 Feb - 20:19

I've been catching up with Rebels recently and I really like it. The characters are great and I would love to see Hera in a live action movie. I've got no problem with these kind of crossovers, as I'm sure most fans haven't. My other half even ships Hera/Kanan and there's no problem with having children of mixed heritage (I'd actually like to see more of it in Star Wars). I don't think the OT characters have been diminished at all. In fact, as with TCW and the prequel characters, Rebels has only served to enhance them.
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic on Thu 9 Feb - 20:33

vaderito wrote:I'm just worried that they'll make more stories set in that time with inevitable undermining of OT heroes roles to prop new characters. if they already plan to shoe-horn that sour puss Hera in a supposedly very funny Han Solo movie, that's a problem, IMO.
@vaderito
I understand where you're coming from, but I see no reason to worry whatsoever. I haven't really watched Rebels, but I agree it's made for a specific medium (TV) with a specific target audience in mind. Even Pablo mentioned something to that effect, sth like "to keep kids interested in the SW universe". Not that the saga films are not primarily aimed at children, but what I mean is Rebels is its own separate story, it's just an opportunity to explore a constrained time period b/w ROTS and ANH. Just like R1. It has nothing to do with the main saga story of the ST. In both cases the characters' fate is quite tragic and haunting in a way, they're pretty much doomed from the get go., precisely because they don't get to play a huge role in the big conflict explored in the saga films.
MindAndMagic
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 9 Feb - 20:38

Queen of the Knights wrote:

I understand where you're coming from, but I see no reason to worry whatsoever. I haven't really watched Rebels, but I agree it's made for a specific medium (TV) with a specific target audience in mind. Even Pablo mentioned something to that effect, sth like "to keep kids interested in the SW universe". Not that the saga films are not primarily aimed at children, but what I mean is Rebels is its own separate story, it's just an opportunity to explore a constrained time period b/w ROTS and ANH. Just like R1. It has nothing to do with the main saga story of the ST. In both cases the characters' fate is quite tragic and haunting in a way, they're pretty much doomed from the get go.
@Queen of the Knights

Also, Hera never reached Ahsoka's or even Asajj popularity and she is completely upstaged by Sabine so there's no reason to single her out as the character to appear in live action form.

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 12 Feb - 3:19

Thandie Newton in talks to join Han Solo spinoff movie

I just squee'ed a little over this. I've always liked her as an actress, but I friggin' LOVED her in Westworld.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Sun 12 Feb - 16:50

ISeeAnIsland wrote:Thandie Newton in talks to join Han Solo spinoff movie

I just squee'ed a little over this. I've always liked her as an actress, but I friggin' LOVED her in Westworld.
@ISeeAnIsland

That's awesome! Is it too much to hope she might play Sana in the movie? I think the Han/Sana dynamic would be a good fit for the the feel of the Han Solo movie and it's different enough from the Han/Leia dynamic, without overshadowing it.
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 12 Feb - 18:12

Kessel89 wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

That's awesome! Is it too much to hope she might play Sana in the movie? I think the Han/Sana dynamic would be a good fit for the the feel of the Han Solo movie and it's different enough from the Han/Leia dynamic, without overshadowing it.
@Kessel89

I was wondering about that, but is there a big age difference between Han and Sana? Thandie Newton is ~15 years older than Alden Ehrenreich.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Sun 12 Feb - 21:07

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Kessel89 wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

@Kessel89

I was wondering about that, but is there a big age difference between Han and Sana? Thandie Newton is ~15 years older than Alden Ehrenreich.
@ISeeAnIsland

I don't think the comic talks about Sana's age in comparison to Han's age, so I suppose they could make Sana older than Han without contradicting the comics. Her being 15 years older than him would probably be too much, but maybe 5-10 years older could work, I don't know. It would be an interesting dynamic if Sana were someone who taught Han some things about smuggling, etc...

Also, I could see Thandie playing someone 5- 10 years younger than she actually is. Then again, who knows, maybe she'll end up playing an alien (although I hope not), lol. I guess we'll see.
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sun 12 Feb - 22:09

When I read that Thandie Newton was cast in the Han Solo movie, Sana was the first name that came to my mind. Smile

As for her age, it is never made very clear in the comics....but we can get a rough idea from the Aphra comics....when Aphra was in university, she and Sana were friends and Sana helped her take revenge on a professor....this means Sana is around Aphra's age or maybe a bit older. Aphra is in her late 20s during the battle of Endor when Han is 33....so Sana could be anywhere from her late 20s to mid-thirties at this time.

panki

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Sun 12 Feb - 22:11

Thandie could easily be Sana, even if she's older. She looks young enough. I mean, age has never been an obstacle for some roles: Bianca Lawson was playing a teenager in Pretty Little Liars when she was 36 because she did look young XD
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 21 Feb - 19:41

They're cute!

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 21 Feb - 20:11

Darth_Awakened wrote:They're cute!

@Darth_Awakened

I agree. That was my first reaction when I saw the pic on IG--"What a cute cast!"

And I really adored Alden Ehrenreich's performance in Hail Caesar!. I mean, Harrison Ford/Han Solo was pretty much my first crush as a little girl, but I have no doubt that Alden can pull off the character.

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 3 Mar - 20:51

ISeeAnIsland

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 4 Mar - 1:04

ISeeAnIsland wrote:Omar's comin'! (to the cast of the Han Solo movie):

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/03/wire-star-michael-k-williams-join-han-solo-cast-key-role/
@ISeeAnIsland

Young Han becomes even less and less the person whose participation makes me interested in this movie. Though between Michael K. Williams and Donald Glover, I'm thinking more about Community than The Wire because Williams played the community college's biology professor. Maybe they should hire John Goodman as the main villain and he can repeat his role of evil Dean Laybourne of the HVAC training program who tries to tempt Troy into joining the Darkside.

snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 13 Mar - 22:23

Still think Bob Falfa in American Graffiti counts as the definitive version of what young Han was probably like

Also I just saw the trailer for Baby Driver and it was one of those "hey it's that guy" moments. I thought it was supposed to be the same lead as this movie, but then I realized it's one of his dopplegangers (the other being the dude from Whiplash). They're the male version of the Attack of the Clones joke about all SW female leads being the same.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 17 Mar - 22:19

The current bit of shooting for the Han Solo spinoff is rumored to involve 250 extras:

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/03/untitled-young-han-solo-story-need-250-people-fuerteventura-shoot/

I wonder if we'll end up getting more spoilers for Han Solo than we do for TLJ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Fri 17 Mar - 22:38

ISeeAnIsland wrote:The current bit of shooting for the Han Solo spinoff is rumored to involve 250 extras:

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/03/untitled-young-han-solo-story-need-250-people-fuerteventura-shoot/

I wonder if we'll end up getting more spoilers for Han Solo than we do for TLJ...
@ISeeAnIsland

The Spanish spies are the best spies. I know it from GOT shooting. I have high hopes that we would be able to see soon some juicy leaks only if that evil Mickey Mouse manages somehow to stop them.

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 17 Mar - 22:39

Darth_Awakened wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:The current bit of shooting for the Han Solo spinoff is rumored to involve 250 extras:

@ISeeAnIsland

The Spanish spies are the best spies. I know it from GOT shooting. I have high hopes that we would be able to see soon some juicy leaks only if that evil Mickey Mouse manages somehow to stop them.
@Darth_Awakened

Yes! The Spanish spies for GoT certainly got a lot of juicy spoilers.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Fri 17 Mar - 23:07

@ISeeAnIsland

That definitely sounds like a situation where they could get some leaks.  It's hard to corral hundreds of people.  Though I imagine they'll do their best to keep spoilery dialogue away from as many ears as possible.  But just the same, like Dubrovnik and Ireland, I think we'll get a good sense of the atmosphere and how people look for sure.

Also, I could see them being slightly more nonchalant about the Han Solo movie because everyone expects some sort of crazy adventure there, and some leaks might actually help buzz.  It would also provide something to work with and frankly something to distract spoiler sites from TLJ.  I really think that there are going to be some big things coming out of TLJ.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 17 Mar - 23:32

SoloSideCousin wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

That definitely sounds like a situation where they could get some leaks.  It's hard to corral hundreds of people.  Though I imagine they'll do their best to keep spoilery dialogue away from as many ears as possible.  But just the same, like Dubrovnik and Ireland, I think we'll get a good sense of the atmosphere and how people look for sure.

Also, I could see them being slightly more nonchalant about the Han Solo movie because everyone expects some sort of crazy adventure there, and some leaks might actually help buzz.  It would also provide something to work with and frankly something to distract spoiler sites from TLJ.  I really think that there are going to be some big things coming out of TLJ.
@SoloSideCousin

Absolutely. I thought that I was maybe tinfoil hatting, but it did cross my mind that they might not be so secretive about Han Solo partially to divert attention from TLJ. Let's face it--if you're MSW or another spoiler site, and you're essentially getting spoonfed spoilers about Han Solo, you're going to go with those rather than grasping for straws for TLJ.

It also, in a way, kind of takes the heat off of those spoiler sites--they might not have much of anything on TLJ, but for spoiler-hungry readers, they might have a moderate amount of interesting stuff they can print about Han Solo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sat 25 Mar - 15:30

I don't know who this guy is
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum