Young Han Solo Film

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by panki on Sat 25 Mar - 15:55

Maria Antonietta wrote:

I don't know who this guy is
@Maria Antonietta

Wouldn't it be fun if he were a young Brendol Hux.....in the EU, Han Solo was an imperial but left when he got into trouble for saving Chewbacca's life...it would be really interesting if Brendol Hux and Han were fellow cadets (and maybe even rivals), especially since the story begins with Han as an 18 year old... it would add an interesting dimension to the Hux-Kylo rivalry.

We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
panki

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Thu 27 Apr - 14:57

Are they leaving the option open for a Han Solo trilogy?

A tantalising scrap of additional news emerged in July 2016, with the revelation that Alden Ehrenreich’s deal covers not just the 2018 Han Solo movie, but two further films. “Given that Han’s early adventures do not need to be tied to the Empire, it leaves story lines open with the opportunity to really give fans what they want,” an insider reportedly told the New York Daily News. Going by Episodes 7, 8, and 9 time frames, that would potentially give us Han Solo 2 with a release date of summer 2020, and Han Solo 3 in the summer of 2022.

http://www.gamesradar.com/han-solo-movie/

panki

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 27 Apr - 16:20

panki wrote:Are they leaving the option open for a Han Solo trilogy?

A tantalising scrap of additional news emerged in July 2016, with the revelation that Alden Ehrenreich’s deal covers not just the 2018 Han Solo movie, but two further films. “Given that Han’s early adventures do not need to be tied to the Empire, it leaves story lines open with the opportunity to really give fans what they want,” an insider reportedly told the New York Daily News. Going by Episodes 7, 8, and 9 time frames, that would potentially give us Han Solo 2 with a release date of summer 2020, and Han Solo 3 in the summer of 2022.

@panki

I think that they absolutely are. I remember reading about that 3 movie contract last summer and I had two thoughts. (1) Han will be in any Boba Fett movie, and (2) I imagine that they have more stories for Han and Lando, but they won't announce anything until they see how Han Solo 1 performs.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 27 Apr - 17:55

SoloSideCousin wrote:

@panki

I think that they absolutely are. I remember reading about that 3 movie contract last summer and I had two thoughts. (1) Han will be in any Boba Fett movie, and (2) I imagine that they have more stories for Han and Lando, but they won't announce anything until they see how Han Solo 1 performs.
@SoloSideCousin

I've wondered if maybe part of the reasoning behind the sidebar/not-ST movies is that they're guessing that some fans will not be happy with those movies, especially having killed off a certain cool dad. So these movies are more traditionalist pleasing alternatives. Which given all of the "R1 is the true hardcore SW movie, not like that ST rehash" hot takes, it's not an offbase guess.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 27 Apr - 18:01

Hmm... I think Felicity Jones had a three-movie contract as well...?

I don't think it necessarily means they have potential plans for a Han trilogy; just that they want to make sure they can use these characters again, should someone come up with a brilliant idea in the future. Even if it means just an appearance as a minor character in another character's story.

And obviously Han has more potential for a proper sequel than, er, Jyn...
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 27 Apr - 18:23

Darth Dingbat wrote:Hmm... I think Felicity Jones had a three-movie contract as well...?

I don't think it necessarily means they have potential plans for a Han trilogy; just that they want to make sure they can use these characters again, should someone come up with a brilliant idea in the future. Even if it means just an appearance as a minor character in another character's story.

And obviously Han has more potential for a proper sequel than, er, Jyn...
@Darth Dingbat

TBH the only sequels or further adventures I want are for Diego Luna and his grumpy robot. Throw in Gael Garcia Bernal as the villain (and/or love interest because those boys have done that before) and I'd willingly line up for a ticket.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 27 Apr - 23:18

snufkin wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:

@panki

@SoloSideCousin

I've wondered if maybe part of the reasoning behind the sidebar/not-ST movies is that they're guessing that some fans will not be happy with those movies, especially having killed off a certain cool dad. So these movies are more traditionalist pleasing alternatives. Which given all of the "R1 is the true hardcore SW movie, not like that ST rehash" hot takes, it's not an offbase guess.
@snufkin

You know my husband basically said the exact same thing the other day.  He thinks that with the "messed up Luke" and the Reylo and complicated Kylo that the ST is going to be very out of the box ... but that the anthologies will serve as more traditional "tentpoles" as Rogue One did, basically being an ensemble war movie in the SW universe.  The Han movies are probably going to be some mix of Ocean's 11 and the great humor style of the Lego movie with some blasters, aliens and some conman mentoring Woody Harrelson style thrown in.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 27 Apr - 23:45

@SoloSideCousin - I just hope that they don't make young Han too likeable or do one of those "we have to come up with a backstory to make this character sad/sympathetic instead of just allowing them to be an a**hole." Otherwise it wouldn't surprise me if that's the strategy, make these other movies not just as additional money machines but also to placate the people who are going to hate the direction the ST is headed.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 27 Apr - 23:58

snufkin wrote:@SoloSideCousin - I just hope that they don't make young Han too likeable or do one of those "we have to come up with a backstory to make this character sad/sympathetic instead of just allowing them to be an a**hole." Otherwise it wouldn't surprise me if that's the strategy, make these other movies not just as additional money machines but also to placate the people who are going to hate the direction the ST is headed.
@snufkin

Don't worry.  The Kasdans and those Lego guys won't make Han too cutesy.  The man who nonchalantly said, "We used to have a bigger crew," will be likeable, but will have some edge. :-)
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sun 30 Apr - 23:22

SoloSideCousin wrote:
snufkin wrote:@SoloSideCousin - I just hope that they don't make young Han too likeable or do one of those "we have to come up with a backstory to make this character sad/sympathetic instead of just allowing them to be an a**hole." Otherwise it wouldn't surprise me if that's the strategy, make these other movies not just as additional money machines but also to placate the people who are going to hate the direction the ST is headed.
@snufkin

Don't worry.  The Kasdans and those Lego guys won't make Han too cutesy.  The man who nonchalantly said, "We used to have a bigger crew," will be likeable, but will have some edge. :-)
@SoloSideCousin

I agree.... they're definitely going to give him edge....especially since they have to show how being with Leia changed him. I always imagine him to be a space version of Danny Ocean. Smile

panki

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 11 May - 23:41

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 13 May - 17:31

Alden Ehrenreich’s Hair Is Ready to Be Han Solo’s Hair

Sure, yes, hair is just hair. But it’s also a lot more, when we’re talking about an iconic character whose perfectly 70s coif can be conjured in the minds of millions at the mere blink of some eyeballs. And although we’ve known Ehrenreich was stepping into the Solo space boots for a good long while, this photo is the first definitive proof that he is, indeed, the Han Solo. (Put another way, this is the Han Solo you’re looking for).
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Sat 13 May - 20:26

snufkin wrote:Alden Ehrenreich’s Hair Is Ready to Be Han Solo’s Hair

Sure, yes, hair is just hair. But it’s also a lot more, when we’re talking about an iconic character whose perfectly 70s coif can be conjured in the minds of millions at the mere blink of some eyeballs. And although we’ve known Ehrenreich was stepping into the Solo space boots for a good long while, this photo is the first definitive proof that he is, indeed, the Han Solo. (Put another way, this is the Han Solo you’re looking for).
@snufkin

in some strange way, the hilarity of that article and statement just made my evening
SkyStar
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 13 May - 20:39

SkyStar wrote:
snufkin wrote:Alden Ehrenreich’s Hair Is Ready to Be Han Solo’s Hair

@snufkin

in some strange way, the hilarity of that article and statement just made my evening
@SkyStar

Yes! Thanks for sharing. That photo is hilarious.

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne on Wed 17 May - 6:02

an article on donald glover https://www.fastcompany.com/40412346/why-and8220atlantaand8221-creator-donald-glover-is-one-of-the-most-creative-people-in-business-in-2017

apparently there will be a lot of action for lando and presumably han, what with the weight-lifting.
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 20 May - 6:37

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Fri 16 Jun - 23:35

This is apparently old news (March), but gonna throw it out here:

http://time.com/4712810/han-solo-name-reactions/

KK later clarified that's not what was meant and of course his name is Han Solo, but it makes sense for him to take on a pseudonym if he was an orphan and then on the run from the law. Might be a nice narrative parallel with his son taking a new name too.
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Wed 21 Jun - 0:07

Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Wed 21 Jun - 0:09

I'm flabbergasted by the news. Everyone has been talking about Colin Trevorrow being on shaky ground, and now this. Blimey!
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Wed 21 Jun - 0:12

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I'm flabbergasted by the news. Everyone has been talking about Colin Trevorrow being on shaky ground, and now this. Blimey!
@Mrs Ben Solo
I don't know what to think anymore. WTH
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 21 Jun - 0:13

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I'm flabbergasted by the news. Everyone has been talking about Colin Trevorrow being on shaky ground, and now this. Blimey!
@Mrs Ben Solo

Honestly I don't have as much interest for the Han Solo movie, although I know I'll go see it. For crying out loud, why can't this be Colin? No one here would have been shocked in the least.

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Wed 21 Jun - 0:14

First, what in the world could they have possibly disagreed on in a Han Solo movie?

Second, how is switching directors in the middle of filming going to jive with the story that's been written and cast that's already been decided on?

Last edited by MeadowofAshes on Wed 21 Jun - 0:20; edited 1 time in total
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Wed 21 Jun - 0:15

IoJovi wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

Honestly I don't have as much interest for the Han Solo movie, although I know I'll go see it.  For crying out loud, why can't this be Colin?  No one here would have been shocked in the least.  
@IoJovi

I don't know if this makes it more or less likely that CT will go. It won't look good for anyone if they lose another director now. I wonder if even Kathleen Kennedy can come out of all this unscathed.

@MeadowofAshes Apparently, there are only 3 weeks of filming left before the movie is due to wrap. I guess whoever takes over might extend that but the actors and studio etc probably have other commitments. What a mess!
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 21 Jun - 0:18

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

Honestly I don't have as much interest for the Han Solo movie, although I know I'll go see it. For crying out loud, why can't this be Colin? No one here would have been shocked in the least.
@IoJovi

I don't know if this makes it more or less likely that CT will go. It won't look good for anyone if they lose another director now. I wonder if even Kathleen Kennedy can come out of all this unscathed.
@Mrs Ben Solo

They're damned if they do and damned if they don't with Colin now. If they do axe him, it will look like they have issues finding the right directors at all and folks will question their methods overall. If they don't axe him, well, we've been over that one. What a Face

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Wed 21 Jun - 0:22

Maybe this is why we haven't heard a statement one way or another from LF on CT...they've been too busy dealing with Han Solo.

FWIW, the Han Solo stuff is reading as control issues to me. That bodes well that CT will be on a short leash, IMO.

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum