Young Han Solo Film

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by guardienne on Thu 22 Jun - 20:51

i do agree that han is fairly grey but i wonder how interesting that is to sustain over the course of a film when the real character growth happens later? i mean, the gunslinger films i can think of rely on the gunslinger being by himself, s would the story have been of him meeting lando and having adventures? like a buddy movie?

i just can't really get enthused about a story that leads in to him being chased by jabba or whatever. i know i'm prejudging but i felt like, yay, do something goofy out of leftfeld with L&M that has nothing to do with how serious the franchise can be. but now they have gone with painting by numbers (i'm sorry i haven't seen all the movies he's made but i don't think visually inventive is what i would label them as, or particularly original) howard, so.

oh well.

@iojovi i was dead against the jump street movies because i hate reboots (so many things to hate, not enough time) and then i think i caught the second one and it was the silliest and most ridiculous and also most hilarious thing i'd ever seen. which, ok, you get channing tatum which works for me. but i love hysterical slapstick, so that's a major selling point for me. anyway, they are very similar movies, so it doesn't really matter which one you watch. and it has nothing to do with the jump street telly programme, so don't let that worry you. it's got the barest resemblance (the title?) and off they go like a rocket. which is, if you think about it, probably what happened with han solo. but anyway.
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Thu 22 Jun - 21:08

I'm a bit nervous of Ron Howard directing (see: How the Director Stole a Beloved Christmas Movie). But I'll try to keep an open mind. If he keeps Han Solo his shady self, I'll be happy. And for God's sake, Ace Ventura? Good Lord. I enjoyed both the Lego movie and 21 Jump Street but they don't seem at all tonally right for a Han Solo backstory.
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 22 Jun - 21:12

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@vaderito

OMG Shocked

"And this is why Ehrenreich had concerns with the production as filming progressed. He started to worry that Lord & Miller’s screwball comedy angle was starting to interfere with what the character of Han Solo is really about – even if this was a younger, more reckless take on the character than the one we met in that Cantina on Tatooine. One source described it as being oddly comparable to Jim Carrey’s performance in Ace Ventura at times. Ehrenreich let his concerns be known to one of the producers, who then told Kennedy about it, which led to her decision to look over the existing footage (which is also a normal part of the production process, but this is where things get interesting)."
@Cowgirlsamurai

Wow.

I mean if there is even a bit of truth to that Ace Ventura thing, then the guys had to go IMO.  Can you imagine Kylo killing the guy who was really a sweet and goofy Ace Ventura deep down? Holy sith, talk about contradictory tones, considering how Han is written in his best incarnations of ANH, ESB and TFA ... and talk about Kylo really looking like an uber piece of you know what!

@ISeeAnIsland, I am really curious about what the "canon divergence" was.  We will probably never find out, but my mind is going all over the place with wondering! Very Happy
@SoloSideCousin

From an accountability standpoint, Ehrenreich absolutely did the right thing to raise the issue to his superiors, even if it meant going above the directors' heads. And it sounds like his concerns were very warranted. I've seen Ehrenreich in two movies. He's a talented actor--to be blunt, I thought he was the best thing about Hail, Caesar!, and that movie had no slouch of a cast.

I was also wondering about the "canon" thing. Like, is it something major? Or something minor but iconic, like how Han acquired the Falcon (which in canon, is by winning it from Lando in a card game)?
@ISeeAnIsland

Ehrenreich has every right to worry!  Look what happened to Hayden Christenson after the prequels.  Bad direction basically ruined his career.  I don't mean to offend anyone who's a George Lucas fan,. However, I've seen Hayden in films not associated with Star Wars and he's far better so that tells me his wooden performance was more related to direction and the script rather than the actor himself.  I truly don't mean to offend anyone here who's a George Lucas fan, but these are my observations.  

I actually hated Hail! Caesar (I couldn't follow it worth a damn), but I do agree, Ehrenreich's performance was good.  

@Guardienne You might be right about character development with Han, and having not much room to play with if he hasn't yet met Leia.  Still, I think at end of the day, director mishaps aside, I think it'll be a fun movie probably not without tons of fan service, but I'm still looking forward to enjoying the ride.

As a Boba Fett fan, I do hope he makes an appearance as well.

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 22 Jun - 21:20

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@vaderito

OMG Shocked

"And this is why Ehrenreich had concerns with the production as filming progressed. He started to worry that Lord & Miller’s screwball comedy angle was starting to interfere with what the character of Han Solo is really about – even if this was a younger, more reckless take on the character than the one we met in that Cantina on Tatooine. One source described it as being oddly comparable to Jim Carrey’s performance in Ace Ventura at times. Ehrenreich let his concerns be known to one of the producers, who then told Kennedy about it, which led to her decision to look over the existing footage (which is also a normal part of the production process, but this is where things get interesting)."
@Cowgirlsamurai

Wow.

I mean if there is even a bit of truth to that Ace Ventura thing, then the guys had to go IMO.  Can you imagine Kylo killing the guy who was really a sweet and goofy Ace Ventura deep down? Holy sith, talk about contradictory tones, considering how Han is written in his best incarnations of ANH, ESB and TFA ... and talk about Kylo really looking like an uber piece of you know what!

@ISeeAnIsland, I am really curious about what the "canon divergence" was.  We will probably never find out, but my mind is going all over the place with wondering! Very Happy
@SoloSideCousin

From an accountability standpoint, Ehrenreich absolutely did the right thing to raise the issue to his superiors, even if it meant going above the directors' heads. And it sounds like his concerns were very warranted. I've seen Ehrenreich in two movies. He's a talented actor--to be blunt, I thought he was the best thing about Hail, Caesar!, and that movie had no slouch of a cast.

I was also wondering about the "canon" thing. Like, is it something major? Or something minor but iconic, like how Han acquired the Falcon (which in canon, is by winning it from Lando in a card game)?
@ISeeAnIsland

I agree.  It's extremely unpleasant, but sometimes you do need to go over your direct boss's head.  Further, that kind of thing is always a risky decision in and of itself because you never know if it's going to backfire on you.  For all you know, the higher-up could be upset about you not following the chain of command and/or doesn't see a problem with your concerns and that could get back to your direct boss, and then where are you?  This AE has not been in the business that long.  So unless he is some impulsive hothead who will complain whenever the mood strikes, and I have heard nothing to suggest that thus far, then he probably seriously considered this decision.  In addition, for him to take the risk of it backfiring, I think it had to be pretty bad in his opinion.  Again, if that Ace Ventura thing is true, his actions prevented a real disaster, not just for himself, but for the film.

That's a good thought on the canon divergence.  Something with the MF might be minor in the whole scheme of things, but with the SW fanbase a mistake there would never go away.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 22 Jun - 21:27

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@vaderito

OMG Shocked

@Cowgirlsamurai

Wow.

@SoloSideCousin

@ISeeAnIsland

I agree.  It's extremely unpleasant, but sometimes you do need to go over your direct boss's head.  Further, that kind of thing is always a risky decision in and of itself because you never know if it's going to backfire on you.  For all you know, the higher-up could be upset about you not following the chain of command and/or doesn't see a problem with your concerns and that could get back to your direct boss, and then where are you?  This AE has not been in the business that long.  So unless he is some impulsive hothead who will complain whenever the mood strikes, and I have heard nothing to suggest that thus far, then he probably seriously considered this decision.  In addition, for him to take the risk of it backfiring, I think it had to be pretty bad in his opinion.  Again, if that Ace Ventura thing is true, his actions prevented a real disaster, not just for himself, but for the film.

That's a good thought on the canon divergence.  Something with the MF might be minor in the whole scheme of things, but with the SW fanbase a mistake there would never go away.
@SoloSideCousin

Right. And if AE is a professional (and I have read nothing to assume that he's not), he probably already voiced his concerns to L&M, and his concerns were dismissed. (At least, that's what's happened the handful of times I had to go above a direct supervisor in my career.) Because the next question from the higher-ups is always, "Have you talked to your manager/director about this?"

That's an incredibly tough situation he was put in, and I would assume that KK & co probably have to be grateful for him to bring the full scope of the situation to their attention. Han Solo as Ace Ventura? Yikes...not only would that probably not go down well with the fanbase, it would have a serious chance of impacting fans' perceptions of Ben Solo/Kylo Ren and a major part of the ST, as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 22 Jun - 21:34

@MeadowofAshes wrote:I'm a bit nervous of Ron Howard directing (see: How the Director Stole a Beloved Christmas Movie). But I'll try to keep an open mind. If he keeps Han Solo his shady self, I'll be happy. And for God's sake, Ace Ventura? Good Lord. I enjoyed both the Lego movie and 21 Jump Street but they don't seem at all tonally right for a Han Solo backstory.
@MeadowofAshes

I've never seen the Grinch movie, so I can't comment on that, but I generally have a good opinion of Howard because of the performances he gets out of actors.  They always seem like real people to me.  He also can handle large ensembles really well, like in Parenthood.  I actually really, really love that movie to this day.  He can do comedy with emotion (Splash, Cocoon, Parenthood). He can tame temperamental actors like Russell Crowe.  He can get Oscar worthy work out of people (Jennifer Connolly, Russell Crowe, along with Renee Zellweger and Paul Giamatti in Cinderella Man).  He can do things where the characters are flawed and have some edge to them (Rush).  Now maybe he's had a rough couple of years lately, but I never have heard of "bad acting" in any of these more recent films.

Like one of those articles said, he's not going to have control over a lot of the movie, but he will have control on the acting, and I think he can deliver there.  So no, it's not Nolan or Scorsese coming in, but I think he will get the job done and it will be good.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 22 Jun - 21:40

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@vaderito

OMG Shocked

@Cowgirlsamurai

Wow.

@SoloSideCousin

@ISeeAnIsland

@SoloSideCousin

Right. And if AE is a professional (and I have read nothing to assume that he's not), he probably already voiced his concerns to L&M, and his concerns were dismissed. (At least, that's what's happened the handful of times I had to go above a direct supervisor in my career.) Because the next question from the higher-ups is always, "Have you talked to your manager/director about this?"

That's an incredibly tough situation he was put in, and I would assume that KK & co probably have to be grateful for him to bring the full scope of the situation to their attention.  Han Solo as Ace Ventura? Yikes...not only would that probably not go down well with the fanbase, it would have a serious chance of impacting fans' perceptions of Ben Solo/Kylo Ren and a major part of the ST, as well.
@ISeeAnIsland

Right! And if there is one thing we know for sure, KK and LK love Kylo Ren, especially LK.  The man was beside himself with excitement over the character and AD's performance.  I honestly think that LK thinks that Kylo Ren/Ben Solo is one of his "crowning achievement" characters, along with Han Solo.  And though it sounds like he liked Lord and Miller very much, he was going to be damned if he let them take down his "Solos" in any way, and Ace Ventura Han would have done just that. Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Thu 22 Jun - 22:21

Unpopular opinion I guess? But Ron Howard's Grinch has become a Christmas standard at my home and I love it very much. He did an excellent job on that movie---the camera angles, lighting, colors. And it was hilarious. We basically have it memorized. My sisters and I quote something from that movie at least twice a day.

I had no idea people hated it. That's sad.

Anyway he'll be good for Han.
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 22 Jun - 22:23

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@vaderito

OMG Shocked

@Cowgirlsamurai

Wow.

@SoloSideCousin

@ISeeAnIsland

@SoloSideCousin

That's an incredibly tough situation he was put in, and I would assume that KK & co probably have to be grateful for him to bring the full scope of the situation to their attention.  Han Solo as Ace Ventura? Yikes...not only would that probably not go down well with the fanbase, it would have a serious chance of impacting fans' perceptions of Ben Solo/Kylo Ren and a major part of the ST, as well.
@ISeeAnIsland

Right! And if there is one thing we know for sure, KK and LK love Kylo Ren, especially LK.  The man was beside himself with excitement over the character and AD's performance.  I honestly think that LK thinks that Kylo Ren/Ben Solo is one of his "crowning achievement" characters, along with Han Solo.  And though it sounds like he liked Lord and Miller very much, he was going to be damned if he let them take down his "Solos" in any way, and Ace Ventura Han would have done just that. Very Happy
@SoloSideCousin

Right. Kylo Ren aside, I'd think that the Han Solo in the spinoff movie has to at least bear some resemblance to the rogue smuggler that Princess Leia eventually falls in love with.

If the L&M Han Solo is too much of a clown, there's going to be a disconnect between the spinoff and the OT. Really...can anyone picture Princess Leia falling in love with a total doofus? Especially when you consider that Han and Leia are considered one of the most iconic movie romances of all time...

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 22 Jun - 22:24

@Xylo Ren wrote:Unpopular opinion I guess? But Ron Howard's Grinch has become a Christmas standard at my home and I love it very much. He did an excellent job on that movie---the camera angles, lighting, colors. And it was hilarious. We basically have it memorized. My sisters and I quote something from that movie at least twice a day.

@Xylo Ren

I have no problem with The Grinch either. And I'll tell you Parenthood is one of my all time favorite movies. What's hilarious is that on Sunday mornings in our house, hubby will be flipping through channels and one of two movies will be playing which we'll both watch. It's either Parenthood or The Force Awakens. Laughing

IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 22 Jun - 22:48

@IoJovi wrote:
@Xylo Ren wrote:Unpopular opinion I guess? But Ron Howard's Grinch has become a Christmas standard at my home and I love it very much. He did an excellent job on that movie---the camera angles, lighting, colors. And it was hilarious. We basically have it memorized. My sisters and I quote something from that movie at least twice a day.

@Xylo Ren

I have no problem with The Grinch either.  And I'll tell you Parenthood is one of my all time favorite movies.  What's hilarious is that on Sunday mornings in our house, hubby will be flipping through channels and one of two movies will be playing which we'll both watch.  It's either Parenthood or The Force Awakens.  Laughing
@IoJovi

There are so many great things about Parenthood. Jason Robards' character and how he changes over the film and really steps up for little Cool.  Keanu as a doofus, but very real and oddly insightful.  Seeing the young Joaquin Phoenix.  The whole story with Steve Martin and Mary Steenburgen's son being handled very well.  But I think my favorite has to be Dianne Wiest.  When she finds out about Martha Plimpton's character, she tries to play it cool at first, but then suddenly she's like, "I was at Woodstock!!!!!!" LOL!!!
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Thu 22 Jun - 22:52

Ron Howard is a safe choice. I don't love it, but I'm alright with it. I think he's generally a very decent director. I truly hope he realizes the importance of keeping Han in line with the Han we saw in ANH.

What an interesting article about what happened with L&M. I know a lot of things can get muddled going through the grapevine, but it looks like many things weren't working out. The part about Ehrenreich's involvement in the L&M situation, if true, actually makes me feel more confident and comfortable with Ehrenreich playing Han. If the Han movie was start to look anything like Ace Ventura, at any point, I want to thank Ehrenreich for speaking up because he did the right! The Han movie should (and will) have some comedy, but seeing Han in some over the top slapstick comedy would be a disaster.

Deep down, I really wish LF had gone with a Obi-Wan movie first instead of Han Solo. Ewan McGregor is right here and totally available! I would love to see him as Obi-Wan again. Please use him LF!
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 22 Jun - 22:57

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:

@Xylo Ren

I have no problem with The Grinch either.  And I'll tell you Parenthood is one of my all time favorite movies.  What's hilarious is that on Sunday mornings in our house, hubby will be flipping through channels and one of two movies will be playing which we'll both watch.  It's either Parenthood or The Force Awakens.  Laughing
@IoJovi

There are so many great things about Parenthood. Jason Robards' character and how he changes over the film and really steps up for little Cool.  Keanu as a doofus, but very real and oddly insightful.  Seeing the young Joaquin Phoenix.  The whole story with Steve Martin and Mary Steenburgen's son being handled very well.  But I think my favorite has to be Dianne Wiest.  When she finds out about Martha Plimpton's character, she tries to play it cool at first, but then suddenly she's like, "I was at Woodstock!!!!!!" LOL!!!
@SoloSideCousin

That whole movie is nothing but win.  And let's not forget Keanu Reeves' character advising a young Joaquin Phoenix on going through adolescence.  I can't think of a scene I don't love, from Cowboy Dan to Dianne Wiest's character causing a power outage.  The list goes on.

What's truly awesome though is how each person feels real - like you know them or can relate to them.  Hubby said his most relatable moments are Steve Martin's son and his anxieties.  He dealt with many of those same emotions growing up, and worried about way too many things for someone that age.  I was like, yeah I can see you crying over baseball... Laughing

IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 22 Jun - 23:10

The one ace Howard does have is that he was part of American Graffiti and young Han Solo was in there as his rival hot rodder, Bob Falfa.

snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Thu 22 Jun - 23:23

@Kessel wrote:Ron Howard is a safe choice. I don't love it, but I'm alright with it. I think he's generally a very decent director. I truly hope he realizes the importance of keeping Han in line with the Han we saw in ANH.

What an interesting article about what happened with L&M. I know a lot of things can get muddled going through the grapevine, but it looks like many things weren't working out. The part about Ehrenreich's involvement in the L&M situation, if true, actually makes me feel more confident and comfortable with Ehrenreich playing Han. If the Han movie was start to look anything like Ace Ventura, at any point, I want to thank Ehrenreich for speaking up because he did the right! The Han movie should (and will) have some comedy, but seeing Han in some over the top slapstick comedy would be a disaster.

Deep down, I really wish LF had gone with a Obi-Wan movie first instead of Han Solo. Ewan McGregor is right here and totally available! I would love to see him as Obi-Wan again. Please use him LF!
@Kessel

I second Obi Wan. Please! Let that be next  Very Happy At least that spinoff would have continuity with the prequels. Although, since they're trying to avoid too much association with the prequels... who knows? Ewan's the perfect age to reprise the role. My biggest reservation about Han Solo is that I can't imagine anyone but Ford playing him.
Cowgirlsamurai
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 22 Jun - 23:45

@Kessel wrote:Ron Howard is a safe choice. I don't love it, but I'm alright with it. I think he's generally a very decent director. I truly hope he realizes the importance of keeping Han in line with the Han we saw in ANH.

@Kessel

I would love to see Ewan used as well.  He was without question IMO the best thing about the prequels.

However, I have a feeling that there is something in the Han Solo movie that is going to have some meaning in the ST.  That's why I think they are so hell-bent on getting it out on the already determined schedule.  For all of their talk of having no plan, I think that they want certain bits of information dropped at certain times.  Like during this whole interim period between VII and VIII, we've gotten all this Han and Leia personality information, Ben and Luke being unreachable and Ben being still okay at 23, Ben being tormented from the womb onward, Han being an ambivalent dad, the emperor basically blowing up the Empire (thereby actually making the Rebellion's victory less impressive), darkness in the Unknown Regions, the whole Empire going to the Unknown Regions, Thrawn and his talk of evil in the Unknown Regions, probably this Inferno Squad going to the Unknown Regions, and then whatever interesting things about Phasma and the BF2 game being released right before TLJ comes out.

I think the Han Solo movie is going to be more of the same.  Even Rogue One, though it didn't involve the OT3 in the major way HS is, and felt fairly separate, did do some things that might be important down the road.  It introduced another kind of forceuser/force religion besides the Jedi and Sith.  It made the Rebellion a lot greyer than it ever was.  It made imperials good people, like Bodhi.  It opened the door to the kyber crystal thing for the first time in the movies (which may play a role in the ST with Kylo's dodgy crystal and talk of Snoke's ring and Luke's necklace).  Finally it put Vader firmly back into the bad guy category.

It's like what @Darth Dingbat says about LF trying to take as much of our money as they can.  They are going to put information in all kinds of product lines so people who want to be in the know will have to see/read the product.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Thu 22 Jun - 23:54

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:

@Kessel

I second Obi Wan. Please! Let that be next  Very Happy At least that spinoff would have continuity with the prequels. Although, since they're trying to avoid too much association with the prequels... who knows? Ewan's the perfect age to reprise the role. My biggest reservation about Han Solo is that I can't imagine anyone but Ford playing him.
@Cowgirlsamurai

Me too! Obi-Wan is one of my favourite characters. Very Happy
Moonlight13
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 23 Jun - 0:48

Ewan McGregor certainly comes off looking even better with the questions that have been lobbed his way. Hasn't committed himself to anything and stayed out of it. Likely also sighing a breath of relief that his season of Fargo and the press tour wrapped up so he doesn't get asked for his opinion.

More about the American Graffiti angle. Which touches on a point made by @SoloSideCousin, you can be funny but it has to be consistent with the characterization of Han in the old movies, TFA, and whatever role he has to play in Ben's backstory.

Howard worked on that movie alongside the unknown actor playing a character called Bob Falfa. His name was Harrison Ford.

In any study of what a young Han Solo would actually be like, you can't ignore Bob Falfa. He was Solo in embryo — a boastful, mean-a** drag racer cowboy with more than a hint of a drinking problem. (Ford was drinking heavily on set, producer Gary Kurtz told me, until Kurtz told him to knock it off.)

Han is a smuggler, a scoundrel, a low-life, a cantina creature, a Sabacc gambler. Any denizen of the underworld will tell you this kind of life is filled with darkness in more ways than one. You may keep it moving, stay light on the surface — "hey, it's me!" — but underneath you're haunted by what you did in the dim, dark past. More often than not, you end up frozen in carbonite.

The accounts filtering through from folks on the set tell a tale of a movie where Lord and Miller were playing it too light. They focused on humor, which made sense for them, and on improvising scenes with the star Alden Ehrenreich, which makes a modicum of sense for Solo (after all, Harrison Ford did come up with his most famous line — "I know" — pretty much on the fly).

But this isn't "Cloudy With a Chance of Millennium Falcon." The brilliant meta-jokes of The Lego Movie won't fly here, flyboys. This is still Star Wars, and Star Wars doesn't do meta. It does deadpan jokes pretty well — oh so many bad feelings about this! — but it never once winks at the audience. Just ask the franchise's most prolific writer, Lawrence Kasdan.

The one cast-iron rule of this franchise is that you show us the galaxy far, far away as if it really, really exists, in every scratched and dirty detail.

Also in terms of depicting Han as he is before the first movie, keep in mind there's also Claudia Grey's upcoming novel about 16 year old Leia. Which again, has to show who that person is when young and the personality strengths/faults that come into play when they meet each other. Not a stretch to imagine that it's a completely different world these two lovers occupy before meeting each other (also that there have to be reasons why Leia keeps him at arm's length for 3 years despite his obvious interest in her). So it can't be its own thing and take on the character, it has to be consistent because it ties in with a larger picture.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Fri 23 Jun - 6:08

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@vaderito

OMG Shocked

@Cowgirlsamurai

Wow.

@SoloSideCousin

@ISeeAnIsland

@SoloSideCousin

@ISeeAnIsland

@SoloSideCousin

Right.  Kylo Ren aside, I'd think that the Han Solo in the spinoff movie has to at least bear some resemblance to the rogue smuggler that Princess Leia eventually falls in love with.

If the L&M Han Solo is too much of a clown, there's going to be a disconnect between the spinoff and the OT. Really...can anyone picture Princess Leia falling in love with a total doofus? Especially when you consider that Han and Leia are considered one of the most iconic movie romances of all time...
@ISeeAnIsland

Just imagine the couple:

**I love you**
**I know**
What a Face
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Fri 23 Jun - 6:43

Ace Ventura Han?!
My goodness, what the hell were they thinking?!?!?!?!?
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Fri 23 Jun - 8:25

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland

Just imagine the couple:

**I love you**
**I know**
What a Face
@Darth_Awakened

I had a horrible, visceral reaction to those two images together.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Fri 23 Jun - 13:37

I agree with this. I think Han's back story should show him as more of a scoundrel and less as a lovable clown. We have to believe that he is the guy who shot Greedo in cold blood, swindled (?) the MF from Lando, and who Leia melted into the somewhat nice guy we see at the end of the OT.
Cowgirlsamurai
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Fri 23 Jun - 14:23

@Helix wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland

Just imagine the couple:

**I love you**
**I know**
What a Face
@Darth_Awakened

I had a horrible, visceral reaction to those two images together.
@Helix Yeah, same.
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Fri 23 Jun - 15:56

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
Just imagine the couple:

**I love you**
**I know**
What a Face
@Darth_Awakened

Lol, I can just imagine how Han would feel about that...

Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Fri 23 Jun - 16:13

@Kessel wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
Just imagine the couple:

**I love you**
**I know**
What a Face
@Darth_Awakened

Lol, I can just imagine how Han would feel about that...

@Kessel

LOL

Exactly!
Ace = Greedo
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum