Young Han Solo Film

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by guardienne on Mon 23 Oct - 14:04

@vaderito wrote:
@guardienne wrote:i somehow feel that the title indicates a lack of enthusiasm on everyone's part.
@guardienne

I'm trying to think of any reason why anyone would be enthusiastic about this movie and I'm finding none. Very Happy
@vaderito

you're an even worse heretic than i am! ROFL

@iseeanisland yeah people who love obi-wan... maybe. i've run through my own ideas of what his story could be and have come up with nothing. lucas pretty much shut that door when he made literally everything align at the end of ROTS. even just dropping the line about watching over luke would have sufficed and he could have gone on some exciting adventures maybe? but this way he's pretty much stuck on tattooine meditating, fighting the sand people and avoiding the cantina.
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 23 Oct - 15:17

@guardienne wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@guardienne wrote:i somehow feel that the title indicates a lack of enthusiasm on everyone's part.
@guardienne

I'm trying to think of any reason why anyone would be enthusiastic about this movie and I'm finding none. Very Happy
@vaderito

you're an even worse heretic than i am! ROFL

@iseeanisland yeah people who love obi-wan... maybe. i've run through my own ideas of what his story could be and have come up with nothing. lucas pretty much shut that door when he made literally everything align at the end of ROTS. even just dropping the line about watching over luke would have sufficed and he could have gone on some exciting adventures maybe? but this way he's pretty much stuck on tattooine meditating, fighting the sand people and avoiding the cantina.
@guardienne

I actually am looking forward to Han Solo. I actually think that the story will have significant bearing in Kylo's story in some fashion.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 23 Oct - 18:36

I'm only curious in that Kasdan co-wrote the screenplay with his son because 1) I always enjoy his writing and what he has to say on the craft of writing. Especially in creating the characters and their psychology. 2) They wrote the bridge scene for Ben and Han and 3) Kasdan obviously feels like he's the custodian of Han given the directors being ousted for not sticking to the script.

It's not going to be half a**ed with whatever he's come up with Han's past. Given the obvious personal investment, both for the character and collaborating with his son on it, we'll see if there's some nugget of information which ties in with the ST. There must have been some fun conversations about "remember that time I wanted to murder you." They wrote it together and until they say otherwise, I don't take that to mean Han's death is for nothing. As for this movie, I'd expect Han to be the ne'er-do-well who's in over his head and trying to hustle every situation he lands himself in while trying to ignore his conscience.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 23 Oct - 19:31

@snufkin wrote:I'm only curious in that Kasdan co-wrote the screenplay with his son because 1) I always enjoy his writing and what he has to say on the craft of writing. Especially in creating the characters and their psychology. 2) They wrote the bridge scene for Ben and Han and 3) Kasdan obviously feels like he's the custodian of Han given the directors being ousted for not sticking to the script.

It's not going to be half a**ed with whatever he's come up with Han's past. Given the obvious personal investment, both for the character and collaborating with his son on it, we'll see if there's some nugget of information which ties in with the ST. There must have been some fun conversations about "remember that time I wanted to murder you." They wrote it together and until they say otherwise, I don't take that to mean Han's death is for nothing. As for this movie, I'd expect Han to be the ne'er-do-well who's in over his head and trying to hustle every situation he lands himself in while trying to ignore his conscience.
@snufkin

Right. If it's anything like the Leia: PoA novel, we'll be seeing lots of hints to Ben Solo in the young Han character. And given that TLJ will be out by the point that Solo is released, and we'll likely know Kylo/Ben a lot better by then, the callbacks will be pretty obvious.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 23 Oct - 19:38

@ISeeanIsland - I’m in the “Han shot first” Camp. Not because I care about canon or those type of debates, but because it says everything you need to know about him. He's a bad guy for hire whose ego/hubris leads him into trouble because he thinks that he can talk his way out of a deal with the Devil. That's part of the climax at ESB for him in Leia, both of their pasts catch up with them when they finally drop their guards and admit their feelings/attraction to one another. His is the underworld and the bounty Jabba's placed on him for the debt he's tried to dodge (part of why I figured he stuck with the Rebellion, for protection) and Leia's is Vader going after them as bait for Luke, which is the Force plot. But I think Han knows the hard way what happens when you make deals with dangerous people you think you can outwit. That's his warning to Ben about Snoke, like father like son.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum