Young Han Solo Film

Page 26 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26

Go down

Re: Young Han Solo Film

Post by MrsWindu on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 8:50 pm

I’m real late in reading the EW article but I’m wondering if we’ll know which scene Lucas contributed to on the Solo movie.

He had intended to just kind of stop by and say hi, and he stayed five hours,” Kennedy says. “There’s even one little moment in a scene that — I can’t tell you what, sorry — but in the scene on the Millennium Falcon where George said, ‘Why doesn’t Han just do this.’”

In other words, George Lucas helped direct a small part of Solo.

“It actually is a funny little bit that will probably get a laugh,” Kennedy says. “And Ron happened to be by the monitor and not inside the Falcon and he goes, ‘Oh that’s a great idea,’ and ran in and said, ‘George wants us to do this.’ So that was pretty cool. I think George felt pretty great about that. He could revisit these characters, and I think he felt so comfortable, obviously with Ron being there, that it was just fun for him.

Lucas’ final wisdom for his old American Graffiti actor: “just enjoy this.”
MrsWindu
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 9:07 pm

@Kylo Rey That look he does in ESB when he's going to say goodbye to Leia where a million "Do you like me? I really like you, oh God say something you moron" expressions flit across his face before he gets mad with "Well don't get all mushy on me!" and stomps off. Or when she kisses him on the cheek with the "rest of the garbage" moment, he gets this tiny little smile in response.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 12:13 pm

Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 12:19 pm

@Darth_Awakened

I can’t believe how clean, pretty and shiny sparkling new everything looks. Han, what in the eff did you do to her? Laughing

IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 12:35 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@Darth_Awakened

I can’t believe how clean, pretty and shiny sparkling new everything looks. Han, what in the eff did you do to her? Laughing

@IoJovi

Isn't it she beautiful and shiny?

A crucial question for Pablo: How Han managed to make a piece of junk of that beauty (in rather short amount of time)?
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 12:48 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Darth_Awakened

@IoJovi

Isn't it she beautiful and shiny?

A crucial question for Pablo: How Han managed to make a piece of junk of that beauty (in rather short amount of time)?
@Darth_Awakened

Believe me, you have no idea how untidy men, and especially single men, can get...

The stars wouldn't shine so bright without a little darkness.
GIF source: [X]

Bonjour ma cousine,
Bonjour mon cousin germain,
On m'a dit que vous m'aimiez,
Est-ce bien la vérité?
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Passez par ici et vous par là,
Bonjour ma cousine et puis voilà!

Irina de France

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 1:10 pm

I just realized this but its pretty cool that joonas suotamo is in the ST and Solo! He got to play with two different SW teams lol
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 2:56 pm

Paul Bettany is still in Solo? or did he drop out when filming extended? He's not in the trailer is he?

You Pierce My Soul. I am Half Agony, Half Hope.-Jane Austen

Avatar: Garden of Eden by ChieuMua
SheLitAFire

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 3:12 pm

@SheLitAFire wrote:Paul Bettany is still in Solo? or did he drop out when filming extended? He's not in the trailer is he?
@SheLitAFire

Paul Bettany is still in it. He replaced Michael K Williams when MKW couldn't make the extensive reshoots.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 4:09 pm

Troy David Mill really wants to see the Knights of Ren in Solo and/or Episode IX  Smile

Saving space:

Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 4:11 pm

I've seen people comparing those baddies to the Knights of Ren! They do have a bizarrely large chunk of the KoR's feel. I remember seeing people concerned that since they're using similar antagonists in Solo that they dropped the KoR for IX. Doubt these guys are Force Sensitive, though.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 4:27 pm

I’m very curious about those black clad warriors. I don’t think we know anything about  them yet, do we? They do look a lot like the KOR. The leader is in at least two sequences in the trailer/teaser...the desert scene with all of them lined up, and on top of a train in a snowy mountainous location. So hopefully they’ll have an interesting role. They look like some kind of rough, nomadic warrior band.

While it would be very cool if they did have some connection to the KOR (since that group was formed before Kylo was born), chances are these guys are probably their own unconnected thing. I don’t think tptb are putting significant things from the saga movies in anthology movies (although it looks like they’re recycling design ideas).

I don’t think these guys looking like the KOR will deter JJ from including the KOR in Episode IX if he wants to include them (hopefully). He can make them different from the group in Solo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 4:55 pm

The main thing that comes across to me in the trailer is that Emilia Clarke might become a major movie star, which I never really thought would happen. Me Before You did .... not bad .... in North America, but did better overseas. But I've always thought Game of Thrones would end and that would be more or less the end of her career. Because as Daenerys, she doesn't get much emotional range and never really displays carry-the-movie screen charisma. But here, in just glimpses, she seems like she might have it. She has a movie star smile that transforms her face, and she doens't get to use it much on GoT.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 5:18 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Troy David Mill really wants to see the Knights of Ren in Solo and/or Episode IX  Smile

Saving space:

@Cowgirlsamurai

Oh god, the Fanboy YouTube Star Wars Theory Industrial Complex will not be stopped by TLJ smashing all of their theories and connections. Here's to the next 18 months of Rey's parents secret identities and the KoR had something to do with Han Solo videos they're going to crank out. They really didn't get the memo from TLJ that it's all not going to be connected.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucina on Mon 12 Feb 2018, 5:29 pm

Just as Lucas was influenced by Flash Gordon serials and other beloved space sagas from his youth, the Kasdans had some favorite stories that they turned to for inspiration.

Treasure Island

“One of the things that Larry and I talked about right at the beginning of where we started working together on this was what kind of stories we wanted to riff off,” Jon says. “One we immediately reread was Robert Louis Stevenson’s Treasure Island because we wanted it to be a boy’s adventure story, but one in which he encounters characters of dubious intent, and that everyone he would encounter would sort of inform his maturation as an adult.”

In Solo, Tobias Beckett is a type of Long John Silver character, a longtime outlaw who is looking for a final big score and turning to a young Jim Hawkins type to help make it happen. “We were talking a lot about Long John Silver and his relationship with the kid in Treasure Island,” Jon says.

Heat

Michael Mann’s 1995 heist saga also provided underworld inspiration.

“We talked about the relationship between Val Kilmer and Robert De Niro in Heat, where there’s a sort of older, wiser criminal, and then someone who’s learning the ropes from them. We wanted this movie to have that flavor and that swagger.”

“No one is reliable,” Lawrence Kasdan says. “There’s always a chance of betrayal. And, I wanted to take what is essentially a street smart, but very innocent, young man, and figure out how could we start him on the journey to being the character who comes into the cantina?”

Unforgiven

Clint Eastwood’s 1992 revisionist Western was another gunslinger/apprentice story that struck a nerve.

“There’s a feeling in Unforgiven between the kid and Clint that hits the kind of [apprentice/gunslinger] relationship we were interested in,” Jon says, adding that the Oscar-winning film “is obviously a much darker movie than [Solo] is.”

But light or dark, it’s about a young guy being led astray — years before he is finally led back to the right side of the fight.

“How did he become that Bogart character who has to pronounce that he’s only in it for himself?” Lawrence says. “We know that’s not true. But where did that come in? He wasn’t born that way.”

The Big Lebowski

Think of Han as the Dude, stumbling through a film noir he doesn’t fully grasp, and Chewie as his roaring Walter Sobchak.

“Larry and I are both huge Coen brothers fans, and we talk a lot about that [relationship] as a reference,” Jon says, adding that they also turned to the far more serious Coen brothers drama Miller’s Crossing.

“[We were] trying to create a crime movie where our character was entering a crime world where there were already dramas in place and relationships and complications, and we have to see him negotiate a lot more rivalries than he is expecting at the beginning of the story,” Jon says.

“[Solo] has that flavor of a crime world that has weirdness and surprise and people stumbling into things — and other people very intentionally getting into [trouble],” he adds. “The Big Lebowski is a great example because Solo has a more off-kilter tone than you’ve ever seen in [Star Wars].”

Gangster No. 1

In this 2000 British drama from director Paul McGuigan, Paul Bettany plays an ultra smooth criminal. His performance inspired his Solo character of Dryden Vos, a slick, handsome version of crime lord Jabba the Hutt.

Vos was originally played by Michael K. Williams, who played the similarly lethal but charismatic crime lord Chalky White on Boardwalk Empire. But he wasn’t available for extended shoots when Ron Howard took over directing duties amid the clash between Lucasfilm and original Solo directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller.

So the part ended up going to Bettany, who worked with Howard on The Da Vinci Code and A Beautiful Mind. The actor who inspired the character ultimately ended up playing the part.

“Gangster No. 1 is a wild movie and Paul is great in it,” says Jon. “It’s a combination of class and swagger and real danger, which I think is a fun thing, and he absolutely inhabits it.”

While Harrelson’s Tobias Beckett is struggling to find a big score, Vos is already secure in his status as a boss.

“He’s way deeper in the world than anyone else that we meet in the movie, but again, Woody’s character is a career criminal, too,” Jon says. “They’re just in slightly different places, much like a movie like Layer Cake, where you see a [Michael Gambon]-type of character who’s a little more advanced. Within the criminal underworld, there’s no hierarchy. There are some that are in power, and there’s some that are scrambling to stay alive.”

How 'Treasure Island,' 'The Big Lebowski' and more influenced 'Solo: A Star Wars Story'
Lucina
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 12 Feb 2018, 5:48 pm

LMAO because how long have we been joking here about The Big Lebowski as an influence on the new films? Which already got confirmed by the production team for Luke (I knew it!) and then the various other Coen Brothers projects influencing thing like the red on Crait being the woodchipper in Fargo. Not to mention casting Llewellyn Davis and Al Cody?

Also knew it about Gangster #1, that was one Bettany's first big roles which got him the attention of casting directors in Hollywood. Also add to the Kasdan quotes about hrm, is it just Han he's talking about?

But light or dark, it’s about a young guy being led astray — years before he is finally led back to the right side of the fight.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 12 Feb 2018, 8:30 pm

@Lucina wrote:
Just as Lucas was influenced by Flash Gordon serials and other beloved space sagas from his youth, the Kasdans had some favorite stories that they turned to for inspiration.

Treasure Island

“One of the things that Larry and I talked about right at the beginning of where we started working together on this was what kind of stories we wanted to riff off,” Jon says. “One we immediately reread was Robert Louis Stevenson’s Treasure Island because we wanted it to be a boy’s adventure story, but one in which he encounters characters of dubious intent, and that everyone he would encounter would sort of inform his maturation as an adult.”

In Solo, Tobias Beckett is a type of Long John Silver character, a longtime outlaw who is looking for a final big score and turning to a young Jim Hawkins type to help make it happen. “We were talking a lot about Long John Silver and his relationship with the kid in Treasure Island,” Jon says.

Heat

Michael Mann’s 1995 heist saga also provided underworld inspiration.

“We talked about the relationship between Val Kilmer and Robert De Niro in Heat, where there’s a sort of older, wiser criminal, and then someone who’s learning the ropes from them. We wanted this movie to have that flavor and that swagger.”

“No one is reliable,” Lawrence Kasdan says. “There’s always a chance of betrayal. And, I wanted to take what is essentially a street smart, but very innocent, young man, and figure out how could we start him on the journey to being the character who comes into the cantina?”

Unforgiven

Clint Eastwood’s 1992 revisionist Western was another gunslinger/apprentice story that struck a nerve.

“There’s a feeling in Unforgiven between the kid and Clint that hits the kind of [apprentice/gunslinger] relationship we were interested in,” Jon says, adding that the Oscar-winning film “is obviously a much darker movie than [Solo] is.”

“How did he become that Bogart character who has to pronounce that he’s only in it for himself?” Lawrence says. “We know that’s not true. But where did that come in? He wasn’t born that way.”

The Big Lebowski

Think of Han as the Dude, stumbling through a film noir he doesn’t fully grasp, and Chewie as his roaring Walter Sobchak.

“Larry and I are both huge Coen brothers fans, and we talk a lot about that [relationship] as a reference,” Jon says, adding that they also turned to the far more serious Coen brothers drama Miller’s Crossing.

“[We were] trying to create a crime movie where our character was entering a crime world where there were already dramas in place and relationships and complications, and we have to see him negotiate a lot more rivalries than he is expecting at the beginning of the story,” Jon says.

“[Solo] has that flavor of a crime world that has weirdness and surprise and people stumbling into things — and other people very intentionally getting into [trouble],” he adds. “The Big Lebowski is a great example because Solo has a more off-kilter tone than you’ve ever seen in [Star Wars].”

Gangster No. 1

In this 2000 British drama from director Paul McGuigan, Paul Bettany plays an ultra smooth criminal. His performance inspired his Solo character of Dryden Vos, a slick, handsome version of crime lord Jabba the Hutt.

Vos was originally played by Michael K. Williams, who played the similarly lethal but charismatic crime lord Chalky White on Boardwalk Empire. But he wasn’t available for extended shoots when Ron Howard took over directing duties amid the clash between Lucasfilm and original Solo directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller.

So the part ended up going to Bettany, who worked with Howard on The Da Vinci Code and A Beautiful Mind. The actor who inspired the character ultimately ended up playing the part.

“Gangster No. 1 is a wild movie and Paul is great in it,” says Jon. “It’s a combination of class and swagger and real danger, which I think is a fun thing, and he absolutely inhabits it.”

While Harrelson’s Tobias Beckett is struggling to find a big score, Vos is already secure in his status as a boss.

“He’s way deeper in the world than anyone else that we meet in the movie, but again, Woody’s character is a career criminal, too,” Jon says. “They’re just in slightly different places, much like a movie like Layer Cake, where you see a [Michael Gambon]-type of character who’s a little more advanced. Within the criminal underworld, there’s no hierarchy. There are some that are in power, and there’s some that are scrambling to stay alive.”

How 'Treasure Island,' 'The Big Lebowski' and more influenced 'Solo: A Star Wars Story'
@Lucina

Holy sith! These influences are amazing! And OMG, when he started talking about the difference between Woody Harrelson and Paul Bettany, I immediately thought of Layer Cake. And then he mentioned it!

OMG, I am so excited about this movie now!. The Kasdans have put so much thought into this! And I love how they said "Han doesn't start out this way," (out for himself), and how he is a "young guy led astray". There's your Ben/Han parallel right there. Neither were born bad, but due to no "protection" or someone watching out for them, they get influenced by bad people. It sounds both were traumatized and that trauma changed them. I imagine, given the long-term Snoke abuse and the Luke situation, that Ben was more traumatized and received more insidious and painful abuse and betrayal ... hence his even worse outcome ... but like his Dad, he'll get back on the right track eventually. :-)
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 12 Feb 2018, 8:49 pm

@SoloSideCousin Same. Maybe the filmmakers for IX just lose their damn minds and decide to do something really stupid/terrible for the finale. But every single argument about how "he's going to get eeeevillller and/or die," I've been like "that's a parent and child working together for nearly 5 years writing the stories of a parent and a child that involves love and sacrifice." I don't think it's a risky bet in terms of what their emotional investment is in writing these stories. Or that it's a risky bet assuming that their opinion is probably different than the fans who keep yelling for death as the right type of outcome.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 2:05 pm

https://twitter.com/DelReyStarWars/status/964534159288004608

http://ew.com/movies/solo-star-wars-book-connections/most-wanted-by-rae-carson/

Solo tie in books are to be released soon : Each new Star Wars film comes with a constellation of novels, comics, and storybooks surrounding and enhancing the narrative. In this exclusive preview, Lucasfilm Publishing creative director Michael Siglain takes EW on a journey through the books of Solo: A Star Wars Story.

Most Wanted, by Rae Carson

This YA book by the author of The Girl of Fire and Thorns focuses on Alden Ehrenreich’s Han Solo and Emilia Clarke’s Qi’ra, back in their teenage years. “This is about the younger, young Han solo,” Siglain says. “We’ll see what it was like for these two kids from Corellia to survive the seedy streets of this industrial world. They’re definitely products of their environment, and this story shows that.”

Solo: The Official Guide, by Pablo Hidalgo

“This one combines the popular formats of a Visual Dictionary with part of a cross-sections book,” Siglain says. “This gives you insight into the characters, and the props, vehicles, and tech that you see in the film. And it’s written by [Lucasfilm story group member] P
MrsWindu
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 3:08 pm

Last Shot, by Daniel José Older

“Part of it takes place post-Return of the Jedi, and that’s where we see Han, Leia, a very young Ben Solo, and Lando come into the story,”

Very Happy
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 4:12 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Last Shot, by Daniel José Older

“Part of it takes place post-Return of the Jedi, and that’s where we see Han, Leia, a very young Ben Solo, and Lando come into the story,”

Very Happy
@Cowgirlsamurai

OMG, Young Ben Solo!!! cheers cheers cheers

ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 4:30 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Last Shot, by Daniel José Older

Very Happy
@Cowgirlsamurai

OMG, Young Ben Solo!!! cheers cheers cheers

@ISeeAnIsland

Just take our money! alien Laughing
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 16 Feb 2018, 7:02 pm

Looks like Last Shot will also include an appearance by Sana Starros:

ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Sat 17 Feb 2018, 4:49 pm

Can’t wait for the books - have already ordered them via kobo.com as they are on there already for pre- order ! Smile one book I was quite excited about apart from tbe above was the choose your destiny /choose your own adventure han and chewie book with a possibility of 20 outcomes because it’s first in a series! So question is now that Star Wars are doing choose your destiny / choose your own adventure books what else are we going to get??? Am hoping down the line we get rey and kylo! It’s great there are so many books and not long to wait either!

AhsokaTano
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum