ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 15 Jan 2017, 5:03 pm

Just when I was about to loose my love for all things Star Wars, this video reminds me why I love it, myth and saga makes for transcendent storytelling,

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Sun 15 Jan 2017, 8:44 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:Just when I was about to loose my love for all things Star Wars, this video reminds me why I love it, myth and saga makes for transcendent storytelling,

@spacebaby45678

A Skywalker once again meant to be save by love.
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 16 Jan 2017, 3:02 am

In an alternate EU ( no longer canon) Darkside Comics world, it is Dark Leia who receives Obi Wan's Saber from Darth.....

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 16 Jan 2017, 3:04 am

Reylo = Obikin

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 16 Jan 2017, 4:06 pm

The answer is simple, there is nothing more simple than a poem

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 16 Jan 2017, 4:32 pm

Did George ever see Obi wan as a sexless monk? Well the answer is no.. and why would Padme want Tall, Dark and Sexy but F'd Up Anankin when she had Dashing, Heroic Obi Wan?  Well the answer is, George originally intended it to be a Love triange... and we do get shades of that in the PT..

3. Anakin falls to the dark side, in part, because of an Obi-Wan, Padme, Anakin love triangle! (Prequel Trilogy, Episodes I - III)

Lines like “I don’t want to hear any more about Obi-Wan”, and accusations such as “You’re with him! You brought him here to kill me!” sound a lot like a jealous husband’s tirade against a mutual (turned suspicious) “friend.” When Padme says she can’t follow him down this path, Anakin’s response is “Because of Obi-Wan?”

Is there any substance to this? According to Lucas biographer Dale Pollack there is. In his book, Skywalking, Pollack’s research revealed that there would “also be a torrid love triangle among the grown-up Queen (who will give birth to twins, Luke and Leia), Annakin [sic] Skywalker, and Ben Kenobi. The consequences of this love triangle are one of the great betrayals layered throughout the three prequels that have enormous impact on all of the major characters in the story.”

Could this idea of the love triangle have worked? Check out Emperor Palpatine’s line in Return of the Jedi relating to the new Lightsaber Luke has built: “Ah, yes. A Jedi’s weapon, much like your father’s.” It most certainly was not. Luke’s old (pre-Return of the Jedi) lightsaber was “much like” Vader’s (because, of course, it once was Anakin’s).

Mightier than the sword.
Mightier than the sword.

Luke’s new lightsaber (from Return of the Jedi) is “much like” Obi-Wan’s and everybody knows Obi-Wan isn’t… Luke’s… Wait a minute!

Now it’s starting to fall into place. Had Lucas stuck with this red herring of a plot point, think of just how much would have been called into question when we look back at the original Trilogy! It would sure have packed in the mystery that Lucas worked so hard to erase with his over-explanations and expositions of the prequels!

http://www.popmatters.com/feature/161579-abandoned-star-wars-plot-points-episode-1/

And maybe that is why Luke's lightsaber looks like Obi Wan's and not Anakin

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 16 Jan 2017, 4:36 pm

To steal a joke from social media, Padme swooning over weirdo Anakin while traveling with sexy young Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan is proof that the PT was written by a man. TBH I had thought just from casual following of media coverage that the PT would be some kind of Camelot style love triangle or that the fall to the DS would be promoted by her eventually choosing Obi-Wan over him.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 17 Jan 2017, 4:22 am

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Tue 17 Jan 2017, 8:14 am

@spacebaby45678

Obi Wan's time on Tatoonie and Rey on Jakku, their ways of thinking is so similar, in my opinion. To Obi Wan, that was the time he in some kind of depression and doubt everything. And in my opinion, go a little darker. And Rey, I would said the same since she have to grow up quickly in a harsh world. In one of the promo picture, the one where it show Rey holding her staff, there are blood on her knuckles that belongs to some unlucky aliens. It's make me think as if, Rey as a Kenobi, not fully escape from solitude and isolation that begin with Obi Wan, until she met Finn, Han and then Kylo. As if their grandfathers debts is carry on with them and waiting to be resolve. I mean from the picture above, Anakin's back resembles Kylo so much
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Tue 17 Jan 2017, 4:23 pm

reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 18 Jan 2017, 2:45 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:.... I also remember back in the early days there where rumors that Rey's staff might be a key to the mystery of who she is,  if Krennic  is Rey's father , What if he  left  Rey with literal Key to that weapon.... It is something to ponder

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/4l4zkn/believe_me_or_dont_i_read_the_script_ill_tell_you/

Firstly, let's just say that Johnson isn't as super uppity about security as JJ was, and that is all I will say about that matter.
This movie is gonna be f****ing dark guys. I can't wait for the soundtrack but when I finished I had to ask if this was a kids movie, just to be sure.
Holy hell it's dark. It makes Empire look like Jedi.
Luke is a f****ing bad*** just as we all knew he would be, but there's gonna be a moment you ask yourself the same thing I did: at what cost?
The script is filled to the brim with tension. Tension that affects the way our characters behave and interact with each other from the word go.
The tension mounts and becomes full fledged fractures by the final third of the script. Death, destruction, betrayal, all run rampant as we speed towards a climax that will leave people talking for years.
Questions will be answered. Questions like "Why was Snoke so cool with losing Starkiller?"

The answer is that he's got another weapon, perhaps the most dangerous weapon ever utilized in Star Wars. Certainly the most devastating. I can feel you all roll your eyes. Relax, it's not another Death Star. Mind you, this report may be 100% bull or mix of bull and real stuff but this weapon thing could be what's hidden on Jakku if details is right. Whatever there is on Jakku is likely a weapon unless it's something totally crazy like source of the Force or DS which is again weapon in round about way.

The events of the movie and the tension it brings which erupt in into fractures leave us with what I truly believe will be the heaviest, darkest, most beautiful ending to date in the Star Wars saga.
So this is what you all came for, is it not?
With no one left to turn to, nowhere to feel safe, and no one left to trust, Rey returns to Jakku, to her old AT-AT shelter. The final shot of the movie is Rey making another mark on her tally wall. This isn't that far off "Rey in a holding cell" but I find it pointless and don't feel the ending to be honest. It would feel like a reset button to me. So I would say if this has an ounce of truth, it refers to Rey in a holding cell not to Rey on jakku.
Believe me, or don't, that's totally your choice.
See you guys in a year.

Snoke is biding his time waiting to unleash his ultimate weapon. You'll see him in person. Again, this was in May, way before Life Debt came out and we don't even know if Life Debt refers to a weapon when they talk about Jakku importance. But could be SW version of Armaggedon,   the site of a gathering of armies for a battle during the end times, variously interpreted as either a literal or a symbolic location. The term is also used in a generic sense to refer to any end of the world scenario.

I had forgotten about my thread  Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Staff of Ra & Rey But things are starting to fit and come together.
http://reylo.skyforum.net/post?p=50452&mode=editpost

"I apologize for any grammar, spelling errors or lack of coherency, I don't have time for meta's because real life"

If you think parallelism and callbacks for TFA are contained just within and from the OT & PT, that would be wrong. JJ hid easter eggs from many things in TFA including, The Seven Samurai, and Shane but most notably there are parallels with Raiders of the Lost Ark… Others have noticed these call backs but have not drawn much meaning from them.  I try will explore mythology and symbols to maybe find a deeper meaning into the mystery box that is Rey.

"Director J.J. Abrams has decided to cram so many hidden nods and references in The Force Awakens, that it has become a virtual game for some.  And the Raiders of the Lost Ark nod is definitely one that is bound to be missed." see;

There are other more meaningful parallels with Indiana Jones for Rey in particular

Indy & Rey

"We have even seen relics of a forgotten past in The Force Awakens: Vader’s mask and the Skywalker lightsaber.
There is also the character Sarco Plank. He is described in the official Databack as “a scavenger and trader who scours frontier worlds for riches.” Sarco even had a run-in with Luke between episodes 4 and 5 in the junior novel The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure. Sarco used Luke in order to gain entrance into a Jedi temple on the planet Devaron in order to plunder it."

The Head Piece for the Staff of Ra

"The Headpiece to the Staff of Ra was a much sought-after medallion which was originally designed as a means to reveal the location of the Ark of the Covenant. The headpiece was designed to be placed atop the Staff of Ra and used in the Map Room at Tanis to reveal the location of the Well of the Souls, the resting place of the Ark."

We have been told and it has been speculated that Rey’s staff may contain an easter egg, many believe that it is made of of light sabers, maybe Obi Wan’s lost saber & Maul’s broken Saber from their Duel on Naboo in TPM. But what if it does not contain any sabers but instead is a key to something like the head of the staff in Raiders or a lost piece of something like BB8 had a piece of the map at the beginning of TFA. The head piece for the staff of Ra from Raiders, holds many similarities to 3 different sigils or logs within Star Wars, Namely, The Jedi Crest, The Resistance & The Rebel Alliance.

The Jedi Crest

Sabine & the Mandalorian Star Bird

What does this symbol mean in myth?

The meaning of the Phoenix in Greek Mythology

"In Greek mythology, a phoenix or phenix (Greek: φοῖνιξ phoinix; Latin: phoenix, phœnix, fenix) is a long-lived bird that is cyclically regenerated or reborn. Associated with the sun, a phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor. According to some sources, the phoenix dies in a show of flames and combustion, although there are other sources that claim that the legendary bird dies and simply decomposes before being born again."

The meaning of the Phoenix/Bennu/or Ben Ben   Bird in Egyptian Mythology

"The Bennu is an ancient Egyptian deity linked with the sun, creation, and rebirth. It may have been the inspiration for the phoenix in Greek mythology.
According to Egyptian mythology, the Bennu was a self-created being said to have played a role in the creation of the world. It was said to be the baof Ra and enabled the creative actions of Atum.[1] It was said to have flown over the waters of Nun that existed before creation, landing on a rock and issuing a call that determined the nature of creation. It was also a symbol of rebirth and was therefore associated with Osiris.[2]
Some of the titles of the Bennu bird were "He Who Came Into Being by Himself",[1] and "Lord of Jubilees"; the latter epithet referred to the belief that the Bennu periodically renewed itself like the sun.[2] Its name is related to the Egyptian verb wbn, meaning "to rise in brilliance" or "to shine"

Ultimately this Phoenix symbol is about rebirth, regeneration and the solar mythos.

Where does that leave us? With nothing but pure speculation, I think there could a couple scenarios

Scenario 1.
All these call backs mean nothing and JJ is just showing the love for his Mentor Stephen Spielberg, Harrison and George

Scenario 2
A parallel with Rey whomever left her on Jakku & Poe & BB8.

Rey and the staff where left because as it has been hinted the staff has a meaning that we do not know yet. Rey and the staff where accidentally hidden and the staff is a key to something in the Jedi Temple mirroring Raiders where the staff showed the location of the hidden Ark of the covenant.

Scenario 3

It is all purely symbolic

Rey as the new Ark and symbol of regeneration & rebirth. The picture is Rey standing in front of an Arc… or she herself is the symbol of Rebirth, (as is the phoenix /bennu bird symbol) as she stands in front of the Ark, drinking water,

Catholic doctrine believe that Mary is the Ark of the convent or feminine energy of rebirth, Noah’s ark carried life, the Hebrew Ark, carried the life or Shekinah glory as feminine aspect of god, The Ark is a representation of rebirth and the womb of life.

Rey exiting the destroyer

And you know I can't leave Obi Wan out of this, because it was Obi that carried the new convenant Luke to Tatooine

Scenario 4.

Rey herself is the chosen one or child of the force, who like the Bennu bird, rebirths itself and a given period of time.

That is all I could come up with and I would love to here everyone's brainstorming and thoughts
@spacebaby45678

New Spoilers relating to an old post, grain of salt, caution, etc etc

http://furiousfanboys.com/2017/01/completely-unconfirmed-4chan-episode-viii-rumors-first-act/

Here are some facts about the First Jedi Temple:
The movie's narrative flow is represented by a symbol in the temple that Kylo Ren, Finn, and Rey all experience. I'll leave the symbol a mystery.
The First Jedi Temple holds a key to 'redemption' in both the afterlife and life. The temple's design is very simple and discreet. It's similar to Machu Picchu. The inside of the temple has artwork that's reminiscent of the artwork behind Palpatine and Anakin in ROTS. It features depictions of the Jedi Sith war, over a thousand years ago.
Snoke is depicted in the drawings. It's similar to the Ark of the Covenant drawings in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Both sides, the Jedi and Sith, are 'blinded by' or terrified of Snoke.
In the drawings, one Jedi (I won't say his name, but it's pretty exciting) saves both the Jedi and Sith from Snoke, sealing him away, thus ending the war.
This one's ambiguous (It's just a rumor..), but Luke needs Rey for one reason or another to 'unlock the past'.
This is all I know.

Ralph McQuarrie Ark Of The Covenant Print - Raiders of the Lost Ark

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 21 Jan 2017, 9:09 am

Interesting, that they had already included James Arnold Taylor in Rey's force back.... and then taken them out when they isolated Alec's voice to say Rey... and from Ewan we know they searched all of the saga for the right lines for him to say in the forceback... which leads me to believe that whatever James recorded is not... "Rey" or "these are your first steps" Now I am dying to know what it where is original lines to Rey?

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Sat 21 Jan 2017, 11:20 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:Interesting, that they had already included James Arnold Taylor in Rey's force back.... and then taken them out when they isolated Alec's voice to say Rey... and from Ewan we know they searched all of the saga for the right lines for him to say in the forceback... which leads me to believe that whatever James recorded is not... "Rey" or "these are your first steps" Now I am dying to know what it where is original lines to Rey?

@spacebaby45678

Intriguing! Now, I'm curious too!
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 3:46 am

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 9:43 am

@spacebaby45678

Cannot see Rey unable to kill Kylo What a Face
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 12:39 pm

Not really proof so much as another reason to <3 Ewan, out and proud supporter of the Women's March and his daughters' participation. Enough so that he cancelled a TV interview in the UK after learning that pile of human garbage, Piers Morgan, would be the interviewer b/c of all the nasty things Morgan has said about the march.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 12:40 pm

@snufkin wrote:Not really proof so much as another reason to <3 Ewan, out and proud supporter of the Women's March and his daughters' participation. Enough so that he cancelled a TV interview in the UK after learning that pile of human garbage, Piers Morgan, would be the interviewer b/c of all the nasty things Morgan has said about the march.
@snufkin

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 1:25 pm

@spacebaby45678 - NGL, if they had to tie Rey back to any of the legacy characters, the one who's played by a dude who's feminist af is A-Ok by me.

Last edited by snufkin on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 7:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 5:51 pm

But Lucas revealed that despite their monastic regime, Jedi were permitted to have sex.

"Jedi Knights aren't celibate - the thing that is forbidden is attachments - and possessive relationships."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/1989505.stm

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 7:44 am

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 9:23 am

BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 6:48 pm

@snufkin wrote:Not really proof so much as another reason to <3 Ewan, out and proud supporter of the Women's March and his daughters' participation. Enough so that he cancelled a TV interview in the UK after learning that pile of human garbage, Piers Morgan, would be the interviewer b/c of all the nasty things Morgan has said about the march.
@snufkin

I read this Twitter exchange the other day between Ewan and Piers. I don't blame him for wanting to go all Papa bear on Morgan's a**. But instead of tearing Piers to pieces he was very civil about it. He was able to defend his daughters and still come across as a true gentleman and a bigger person too. Bravo sir! Very Happy Claps
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 10:41 pm

So I'm not 100% sure Rey is a Kenobi, but it is one of my favorite theories! I know people have talked about various hints in the music, but wondered if anyone else had noticed this... a snippet of 'Duel of the Fates' appears to play in 'The Falcon' track on the TFA soundtrack: https://youtu.be/e8_2K7QNtpI?t=148

What do y'all think?? (this would basically be the scene where Rey is using the Force while flying the Falcon on Jakku)
kroi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 3:20 am

@kroi wrote:So I'm not 100% sure Rey is a Kenobi, but it is one of my favorite theories! I know people have talked about various hints in the music, but wondered if anyone else had noticed this... a snippet of 'Duel of the Fates' appears to play in 'The Falcon' track on the TFA soundtrack: https://youtu.be/e8_2K7QNtpI?t=148

What do y'all think?? (this would basically be the scene where Rey is using the Force while flying the Falcon on Jakku)
@kroi

Welcome and thanks! Where in the falcon track is a snippet of "Duel of Fates"? I have listened to both tracks and can't locate it.... maybe I am just not musically inclined. Smile

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 3:38 am

geminiwankenobi

The ending tells you who she is, practically hands it to you on a plate.

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum