Snoke in Episodes VIII

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII

Post by reylo1992 on Wed 29 Nov 2017, 1:19 pm

All these information convince me more and more about what I've been thinking within the last weeks/months about Snoke. He is the big villain of the ST. There is no bigger fish. He has a huge agenda to fulfill and he has been using Kylo for this purpose from the very beginning. And IMO he will achieve it in TLJ no matter how one will try to stop him. No way they make him die or defeated that easily during the Supremacy arc, just fleeing like a coward after the crash of his ship. And it's really stricking how Andy Serkis keeps insisting he is incredibly damaged and yet so strong. And they way he is saying how dark Snoke is in comparison to Palpatine freezes my bones because if knowing what Palpatine did to Anakin I ask what Snoke will do to Kylo to fulfill his evil purpose
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Wed 29 Nov 2017, 3:21 pm

@Forsythia wrote:Empire released a new picture of Snoke:

He looks creepy...

Andy Serkis talked a bit about Snoke:
"Snoke is bloody dark; way darker than Palpatine,” Andy Serkis tells us in the new issue of Empire. “He’s riddled with this osteoporosis so his body's twisted, like a corkscrew. He's incredibly damaged, so there's a bizarre vulnerability about him. Beneath that vulnerability, though, is this intense hatred."

"He’s definitely not a Sith, but he’s certainly at the darker end of the Force. Without giving too much away, that begins to unfold a little in this one."

(Source)
@Forsythia

I DON'T WANT TO SEE THIS SITH IN 3D WTF pale
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Wed 29 Nov 2017, 4:08 pm

@Maria Antonietta wrote:

He looks creepy...

"Snoke is bloody dark; way darker than Palpatine,” Andy Serkis tells us in the new issue of Empire. “He’s riddled with this osteoporosis so his body's twisted, like a corkscrew. He's incredibly damaged, so there's a bizarre vulnerability about him. Beneath that vulnerability, though, is this intense hatred."

"He’s definitely not a Sith, but he’s certainly at the darker end of the Force. Without giving too much away, that begins to unfold a little in this one."

(Source)
@Forsythia

@Maria Antonietta

OH man - I've only just noticed the eyebrows...to complete the general menacing overtones.
MrsWindu
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv on Wed 29 Nov 2017, 4:11 pm

@Maria Antonietta wrote:

He looks creepy...

(Source)
@Forsythia

@Maria Antonietta

So watch the movie in 2D first. Smile

I will watch it only in 2D. I am not a fan of 3D. Laughing
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia on Wed 29 Nov 2017, 5:31 pm

@Maria Antonietta wrote:

He looks creepy...

(Source)
@Forsythia

@Maria Antonietta

I hadn't even thought of that! Unfortunately, I have to watch it in 3D the first time because the cinema doesn't offer the English version in 2D (and obviously I wanted to hear Adam's beautiful voice, so I had to pick 3D). Now I'm scared of Snoke's 3D head.
Forsythia
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp on Wed 29 Nov 2017, 5:47 pm

My poor eyes, gonna watch this ugly head in 3D Laughing sooooo scary!
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 29 Nov 2017, 5:59 pm

Ugh, although I'm still kinda intrigued by the idea that some fans came up with, that he could've been like a younger version of Terrance Stamp.

Otherwise, I'll admit this fits with my initial conclusions after seeing TFA - that Snoke is playing a personal long game which manipulating both the political/military side (Hux and the FO being Imperial remnants) and the Force side (Ben's raw powah and connections to the spiritual/political power his family has amassed) for an agenda that's all his. It's also why I've struggled with all the idea that Luke has any connection to whatever happened to Rey and her family. Which isn't to say that they won't go there. Just that if you want to set somebody up as the central antagonist to the heroine, having Snoke as the Big Bad whose evil agenda (curse in fairy tale terms) ruined her life, probably killed her parents, and has trapped this handsome young prince who she has this weird kindred spirit connection with seems like the way to go. Both for her motivation and for Kylo's - she saves him from Snoke because she couldn't save her parents and he in turn protects/helps her because the relationship with her finally shows him that there is a hope for a way out of the trap he's been in. Or more fairy tale terminology, only Rey can break the curse Snoke has the young prince and the rest of the kingdom under.

snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Wed 29 Nov 2017, 7:05 pm

I need eye bleach.

Seriously, the more I hear or see new stuff about Snoke, the more I feel sick about the fact he's been preying on Ben since he's a baby. pale

The stars wouldn't shine so bright without a little darkness.
GIF source: [X]

Bonjour ma cousine,
Bonjour mon cousin germain,
On m'a dit que vous m'aimiez,
Est-ce bien la vérité?
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Passez par ici et vous par là,
Bonjour ma cousine et puis voilà!

Irina de France

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Wed 29 Nov 2017, 7:22 pm

@snufkin wrote:Ugh, although I'm still kinda intrigued by the idea that some fans came up with, that he could've been like a younger version of Terrance Stamp.

Otherwise, I'll admit this fits with my initial conclusions after seeing TFA - that Snoke is playing a personal long game which manipulating both the political/military side (Hux and the FO being Imperial remnants) and the Force side (Ben's raw powah and connections to the spiritual/political power his family has amassed) for an agenda that's all his. It's also why I've struggled with all the idea that Luke has any connection to whatever happened to Rey and her family. Which isn't to say that they won't go there. Just that if you want to set somebody up as the central antagonist to the heroine, having Snoke as the Big Bad whose evil agenda (curse in fairy tale terms) ruined her life, probably killed her parents, and has trapped this handsome young prince who she has this weird kindred spirit connection with seems like the way to go. Both for her motivation and for Kylo's - she saves him from Snoke because she couldn't save her parents and he in turn protects/helps her because the relationship with her finally shows him that there is a hope for a way out of the trap he's been in. Or more fairy tale terminology, only Rey can break the curse Snoke has the young prince and the rest of the kingdom under.

I think you're onto something there. Rey hasn't met Snoke yet nor heard about him: that's why she sees Kylo as the monster for now. The only thing Rey really want to is belonging: she is not really interested in the Resistance. The only thing she ever craved was to be reunited with her family. So if Snoke is really the Big Bad, then it makes sense that he is responsible for her parent's death, the lost of her belonging behind. And if this is the case, that would give her a very good reason to go after Snoke to save her belonging ahead. Maybe that her parents dies protecting her against Snoke who was after her for her raw power and the fact that she was protected from him made Ben Snoke's only target. Snoke and her were clearly set up as rivals competing for Kylo's allegiance in TFA both visually but also in regard to the compassion's dialogue. So if the main "antagonistic" relationship is between Snoke and Rey, then Kylo is surely the heart of the conflict and power struggle between them. In other words, Kylo Ren is what Rey could lose to Snoke in TLJ, becoming the Prince(ss) that must be saved from the evil dragon. If we consider the fact thatTLJ is supposed to be the lowespt point of the ST, it could make sense to have have Rey getting the confirmation that she definitely lose her belonging behind because of Snoke and that she loses her belonging ahead to him in the process. Then the idea of romantic drama with no romance happening by the end of TLJ kinda fits in this scheme.
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 29 Nov 2017, 7:35 pm

@reylo1992 - It has to be one of the scenarios they considered, because of the underlying logic of tying their motivations together and making it personal beyond just their ties to the past and saving the day. I may be wrong because I figured what happened with Rey's abandonment was 100% the scenario they showed in the opening of R1 for what happened to Jyn's family*. So they can't be *that* lazy. Especially when there's already been some similarity in both the character's being the tough lone girl played by a young brunette British actress and the "it's a re-hash" accusations (you'd think). But it just seems really plausible, especially now that Daisy has actually said in print what I always thought was Rey's driving motivation with getting involved, doing for others (saving them & taking them home to where they belong) what nobody ever did for her after she was left on Jakku. Like it seems pretty obvious that the overt mission is about getting Leia her brother back but what we know what Leia really wants is to get her son back. Which is why it's critical that Rey is sent to Ache-to. And it a fairy tale and we know that there's always one about the stolen child whose Princess/Queen mother needs help with breaking the curse a jealous supernatural force has cast over the kingdom.

* This is why I'll be really shocked if it turns out that Rey was abandoned, because that was a big underlying part of Jyn being introduced as cynical and a loner thanks to Saw abandoning her when he thought it was too dangerous for her to stay with him given her real identity. It's also supposed to be part of why he sacrifices himself to save her and Cassian.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum