Snoke in Episodes VIII/IX

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII/IX

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sun 17 Apr - 22:06

bela.mesecina wrote:
EDIT: I'm sure he would pull it off perfectly but i feel like Snoke is meant to be the big bad guy of this trilogy, if BDT gets that role than what will become of Snoke? BDT could fill in Kylo's place when he betrays Snoke
@bela.mesecina

True, but don't forget that we didn't meet Palpatine until ESB Razz And BDT did say in a Spanish radio interview that he was playing "the villain" ("the", not "a") before he started backtracking about not knowing whether he's playing a villain after all...

Who knows, perhaps Snoke will surprise me by turning out super scary himself.
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3820
Likes : 24836
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII/IX

Post by Force Ghost on Sun 17 Apr - 22:08

Arcana wrote:@bela.mesecina
Actually no...I wasn't a sw fan before tfa....my nick has been Arcana ever since this:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcanum:_Of_Steamworks_and_Magick_Obscura
@Arcana
Oooh..well now you can say it's a reference to Star Wars :-)
avatar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1140
Likes : 4002
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII/IX

Post by Guest on Sun 17 Apr - 22:09

Nah...I loved Arcanum....can't betray that....next nick will definetly have a SW reference

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII/IX

Post by Force Ghost on Sun 17 Apr - 22:11

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
bela.mesecina wrote:
EDIT: I'm sure he would pull it off perfectly but i feel like Snoke is meant to be the big bad guy of this trilogy, if BDT gets that role than what will become of Snoke? BDT could fill in Kylo's place when he betrays Snoke
@bela.mesecina

True, but don't forget that we didn't meet Palpatine until ESB Razz And BDT did say in a Spanish radio interview that he was playing "the villain" ("the", not "a") before he started backtracking about not knowing whether he's playing a villain after all...

Who knows, perhaps Snoke will surprise me by turning out super scary himself.
@Darth Dingbat
It's possible, especially because we know they changed how Snoke looked like literally few weeks before the release. If he was THE bad guy they would have his design done earlier..Can you imagine how people would react to new big bad guy? haha..maybe he's the one who scared Snoke Smile
avatar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1140
Likes : 4002
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII/IX

Post by panki on Sun 17 Apr - 22:30

I just wanted to add a couple of things about Snoke....

1. We know he is neither jedi nor sith. (doesn't exclude the possibility that he was a former jedi like Ahsoka or former sith like Maul)

2. He is tall but not as tall as his holograph. Neal Scanlan told People Magazine that Snoke is 7-foot-something tall; he’s very, very thin.


3. He was handsome when he was younger, with pale blue eyes. But as he gained powers, the dark side spoiled his looks, similar to Palpatine in ROTS. Senior sculptor Ivan Manzella remarked- J.J. [Abrams] wanted to base Snoke on the Hammer Films horror movies, giving the design a ghoulish look. We made a bust out of marble powder, because we talked about him being very pale. And I imagined him to be a beautiful marble sculpture, so dark and menacing, but actually quite beautiful to look at. It’s almost like Snoke was quite handsome when he was younger. And in my mind, the more powerful he’s become, the more the Dark Side consumes him. We made his eyes really pale, pale blue so the whites of his eyes are almost the same color as his skin and costume. Piercing.

4. He is old enough to have seen the Empire rise and fall, and also seems to know a lot about Luke and Anakin.

I guess one good way to find him is to look for characters with pale blue eyes who are tall and could be construed as good looking Razz
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 2820
Likes : 10224
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII/IX

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 18 Apr - 3:21

@nonesuch wrote:Hi, I searched and couldn't find a thread for general Snoke discussion. I've found a new piece of info that has interesting potential ramifications, and so I thought I'd create a place to share it. I hope that's okay!

I have just watched most of the special features on the TFA blu-ray, and while they’re mostly fluff best summarised by gifs I did notice something very intriguing that I haven’t seen anyone else pick up on.

It basically comes in a behind-the-scenes moment that shows Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher filming their key scene together on the Resistance Base. In character, they have the following exchange:

Leia: You could always see him clearer than I could.
Han: I don’t know what I saw.

While the documentary overall is very carefully designed to let nothing slip, this exchange is rather fascinating because it is - to the best of my knowledge - unique. It is not featured in any of the many tie-in novelisations, though it was clearly in the script and filmed.

I think there are two possibilities as to who they could be talking about: Ben Solo and Snoke. And while Ben might seem like the obvious choice, I find it more likely that the exchange is actually about Snoke.

It is subtlety implied elsewhere that Snoke knew Leia personally (he refers to her by her first name in the junior novelisation, for example), perhaps through their political connections, and I can see a scenario where he earned her trust and used their professional relationship to target the young Ben Solo. If my suspicion is correct, Han will have been the person looking at Snoke with clear eyes and finding him suspicious and unsettling. Thus, he sensed that something was off with Snoke but couldn’t pinpoint what until his son had already been corrupted.

That is what makes the most sense to me. What do you think about the exchange? As far as I’m concerned, it’s probably the most intriguing thing in the entire documentary (mostly because it’s largely PR and fluff, but still) because it has actual implications for the mystery of who.what Snoke is and how he wormed his way into Ben Solo’s life.
@nonesuch

OMG! I totally assumed that was Ben when I heard that very intriguing exchange, but this interpretation is so much more compelling!!!!

@Maria Antonietta I definitely agree that he is worse than Palpatine. How could he not be? Palpatine didn't get his hands on Anakin until the age of 9 or 10, when his brain was quite formed. Ben was really small. Lord knows what kind of mental and physical (in the brain) and metaphysical (soul/spirit) can be implied there.

avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3089
Likes : 13511
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII/IX

Post by panki on Mon 18 Apr - 6:30



This eliminates characters like Palpatine and Tarkin...but am not sure if it removes Rebels characters like the Grand Inquisitor....I'm now torn between Lord Cronal and Lord Vitiate (though he is a sith and his eye colour was originally black).... if Snoke is Vitiate, could Rey be a version of Vaylin whose powers were blocked by her father when she was young?

_________________
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 2820
Likes : 10224
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII/IX

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 18 Apr - 7:17

@panki: As Valkorion, he has blue eyes, though:



Vitiate looks like whatever his host body looks like, I suppose - he's basically just a spirit.

Another interesting things that points to a possible link to Vitiate is that, by his Valkorion days, he's already past the whole "Sith" thing. He believes in (ab)using the entire Force, not just the Dark Side - and his corrupted children use yellow lightsabers.

But "Snoke" is such a conundrum. I definitely feel like signs are pointing to something ancient and very powerful going on in the ST. But if Snoke is an ancient being - like Vitiate, if not literally Vitiate - then how come Leia and Han seem to know him personally?

And if "Snoke" is just the current host body for an ancient and powerful being, then how come isn't he getting a new one? I can't imagine someone like Vitiate sticking around in a decrepit body like Snoke's.

Another thing that puzzles me is that Snoke seems to be afraid of Luke and "the new Jedi". Someone like Vitiate is so hubristic in his immortality that I can't imagine him being afraid... unless, of course, there's a prophecy about somebody who will destroy him for good.
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3820
Likes : 24836
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII/IX

Post by panki on Mon 18 Apr - 8:43

@Darth Dingbat wrote:@panki: As Valkorion, he has blue eyes, though:



Vitiate looks like whatever his host body looks like, I suppose - he's basically just a spirit.

Another interesting things that points to a possible link to Vitiate is that, by his Valkorion days, he's already past the whole "Sith" thing. He believes in (ab)using the entire Force, not just the Dark Side - and his corrupted children use yellow lightsabers.

But "Snoke" is such a conundrum. I definitely feel like signs are pointing to something ancient and very powerful going on in the ST. But if Snoke is an ancient being - like Vitiate, if not literally Vitiate - then how come Leia and Han seem to know him personally?

And if "Snoke" is just the current host body for an ancient and powerful being, then how come isn't he getting a new one? I can't imagine someone like Vitiate sticking around in a decrepit body like Snoke's.

Another thing that puzzles me is that Snoke seems to be afraid of Luke and "the new Jedi". Someone like Vitiate is so hubristic in his immortality that I can't imagine him being afraid... unless, of course, there's a prophecy about somebody who will destroy him for good.
@Darth Dingbat

I don't know too much about Lord Vitiate/Valkorion but I do notice that both he and Lord Cronal are very similar- both of indefinite age, immensely powerful, into sith magic/rituals, disappearing and re-appearing with a new name and body, controlling minds of others, changing bodies to live indefinitely and communicating via hologram.

Valkorion says this: You discern a fraction of reality. Beyond these stars exist other galaxies, other worlds, other beings. I will experience or ignore them as I wish. I will spend eternity becoming everything: a farmer, an artist, a simple man. When the last living thing in the universe finally dies, I will enjoy peace and wait for the cycle to begin again.
This is exactly Lord Cronal's plan in the Shadows of Mindor book where he wants to possess Luke's or Leia's body, destroy the universe and be the last living thing in the universe.

So I am wondering- could they combine the two EU characters- Vitiate and Cronal, and create a whole new character who calls himself Snoke?

Here is my idea- what if Snoke's character starts off as a Vitiate-like character.... rules for some time, vanishes and resurfaces as Valkorion....is supposedly killed by the Outlander, but doesn't actually die....realizes that being a sith didn't work and studied from the prophets of Rhand who have a strong Mandalorian influence and belong to the Unknown Regions. Then he joins Palpatine's Empire first as their dark side prophet at Dormund Khaas (Lord Cronal) and later as the Director of Intelligence (Blackhole)....once he sees that the Empire is going to fall in the future, he gets himself moved to the Unknown regions where the Emperor has research labs and bides his time....once the empire falls, he returns as someone behind the scenes who can control both FS people (Lord Shadowspawn). Combining the two characters makes sense to me considering how seamless it would be and it would make the villain so horrid that there would be no need for any bigger villain than him...and Kylo would get heaps of sympathy.

It has been established that a lot of Snoke's decrepit looks is connected to his use of the dark side....maybe like Cronal and Vitiate, his host body gets damaged by his practices and he has to locate a suitably strong FS body to occupy....and that is his long term plan for Kylo Ren.

_________________
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 2820
Likes : 10224
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII/IX

Post by Force Ghost on Mon 18 Apr - 10:31

@panki wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:@panki: As Valkorion, he has blue eyes, though:



Vitiate looks like whatever his host body looks like, I suppose - he's basically just a spirit.

Another interesting things that points to a possible link to Vitiate is that, by his Valkorion days, he's already past the whole "Sith" thing. He believes in (ab)using the entire Force, not just the Dark Side - and his corrupted children use yellow lightsabers.

But "Snoke" is such a conundrum. I definitely feel like signs are pointing to something ancient and very powerful going on in the ST. But if Snoke is an ancient being - like Vitiate, if not literally Vitiate - then how come Leia and Han seem to know him personally?

And if "Snoke" is just the current host body for an ancient and powerful being, then how come isn't he getting a new one? I can't imagine someone like Vitiate sticking around in a decrepit body like Snoke's.

Another thing that puzzles me is that Snoke seems to be afraid of Luke and "the new Jedi". Someone like Vitiate is so hubristic in his immortality that I can't imagine him being afraid... unless, of course, there's a prophecy about somebody who will destroy him for good.
@Darth Dingbat

I don't know too much about Lord Vitiate/Valkorion but I do notice that both he and Lord Cronal are very similar- both of indefinite age, immensely powerful, into sith magic/rituals, disappearing and re-appearing with a new name and body, controlling minds of others, changing bodies to live indefinitely and communicating via hologram.

Valkorion says this: You discern a fraction of reality. Beyond these stars exist other galaxies, other worlds, other beings. I will experience or ignore them as I wish. I will spend eternity becoming everything: a farmer, an artist, a simple man. When the last living thing in the universe finally dies, I will enjoy peace and wait for the cycle to begin again.
This is exactly Lord Cronal's plan in the Shadows of Mindor book where he wants to possess Luke's or Leia's body, destroy the universe and be the last living thing in the universe.

So I am wondering- could they combine the two EU characters- Vitiate and Cronal, and create a whole new character who calls himself Snoke?

Here is my idea- what if Snoke's character starts off as a Vitiate-like character.... rules for some time, vanishes and resurfaces as Valkorion....is supposedly killed by the Outlander, but doesn't actually die....realizes that being a sith didn't work and studied from the prophets of Rhand who have a strong Mandalorian influence and belong to the Unknown Regions. Then he joins Palpatine's Empire first as their dark side prophet at Dormund Khaas (Lord Cronal) and later as the Director of Intelligence (Blackhole)....once he sees that the Empire is going to fall in the future, he gets himself moved to the Unknown regions where the Emperor has research labs and bides his time....once the empire falls, he returns as someone behind the scenes who can control both FS people (Lord Shadowspawn). Combining the two characters makes sense to me considering how seamless it would be and it would make the villain so horrid that there would be no need for any bigger villain than him...and Kylo would get heaps of sympathy.

It has been established that a lot of Snoke's decrepit looks is connected to his use of the dark side....maybe like Cronal and Vitiate, his host body gets damaged by his practices and he has to locate a suitably strong FS body to occupy....and that is his long term plan for Kylo Ren.
@panki
I can imagine something like that, it would be very different than previous movies
avatar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1140
Likes : 4002
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII/IX

Post by EchoBase on Mon 18 Apr - 11:27

After all your great theories, I have to come up with something more simple, because my husband thinks, he has an epiphany moment and he wanted me to post it here Smile. He is convinced that Snoke is a former Jedi youngling who was nearly killed by Anakin and somehow survived and now wants to take revenge.
avatar
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2310
Likes : 8930
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII/IX

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 18 Apr - 12:08

@panki: I only know Cronal from what you've told about him, but what you say has crossed my mind, too. There seem to be a lot of similarities between the two.

You're right, either one - or a hybrid - would make a horrid villain. The Space Sauron of our hopes and dreams, basically.

In my weakest moments I've even wondered if the white cape dude from the RO trailer turns out to be Snoke Very Happy But I do wonder about outright imperial affiliations, à la Cronal... wouldn't being on first-name terms with Leia imply that Snoke was - or pretended to be - more affiliated with the Republic in the past?

(Mind you, I even read a theory that the prophetic "he will become a servant of evil" line said in a Vitiate-like voice means that Ezra Bridger becomes Snoke, a "servant" of Vitiate... Very Happy)

It's all very intriguing. And Benicio Del Toro's role in all this intrigues me, too. I wonder... I wonder.
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3820
Likes : 24836
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII/IX

Post by Jozie on Tue 19 Apr - 17:28

That's quite interesting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7AKbnNyH4U

There is some evidence that Snoke contacts everyone from a mobile command post, avoiding to stay in one place for a long time.

My theory: he wasn't a member of the senate and never knew Leia, Han or Ben personally. I like the idea that he's super old, maybe at some point he tried to seize power but lost (leaving him disfigured) and from then he waited for a good moment. He saw it after the Empire finally fell and there were no siths anymore to challenge him... He knew Ben will be special, so maybe he orbited around their planet (?) and somehow established connection with him. Sort of a "imaginary friend", manipulating little Ben, telling him that its their secret, etc. Now, how does Leia know about Snoke? I think she noticed Ben says things he wouldn't normally say, she confronted him about it and little Ben finally told her his secret. That's when Leia sends him away... and we know the rest.
avatar
Jozie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 70
Likes : 263
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-15
Localisation : Poland

Back to top Go down

Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII/IX

Post by panki on Tue 19 Apr - 19:27

@Darth Dingbat wrote:@panki: I only know Cronal from what you've told about him, but what you say has crossed my mind, too. There seem to be a lot of similarities between the two.

You're right, either one - or a hybrid - would make a horrid villain. The Space Sauron of our hopes and dreams, basically.

In my weakest moments I've even wondered if the white cape dude from the RO trailer turns out to be Snoke Very Happy But I do wonder about outright imperial affiliations, à la Cronal... wouldn't being on first-name terms with Leia imply that Snoke was - or pretended to be - more affiliated with the Republic in the past?

(Mind you, I even read a theory that the prophetic "he will become a servant of evil" line said in a Vitiate-like voice means that Ezra Bridger becomes Snoke, a "servant" of Vitiate... Very Happy)

It's all very intriguing. And Benicio Del Toro's role in all this intrigues me, too. I wonder... I wonder.
@Darth Dingbat

I'm actually getting nightmares thinking about Ezra's fate No I hope servant doesn't mean vessel to contain his spirit when the previous body becomes useless....Ezra has blue eyes....Snoke has blue eyes....what if Ezra was the last servant and Snoke's body is already looking a mess due to his injuries and his darkside practices.....and Ezra knows Leia very well....so it is highly plausible for him to join the republic and befriend Han and Luke if he survived the OT..... Sad

_________________
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 2820
Likes : 10224
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII/IX

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Tue 19 Apr - 19:46

I think what intrigues me the most regarding Snoke is the way he talks to Ren with a sense of familiarity, yet we also know he's got a dagger behind his back just waiting to strike. He was already ready to dispose of Ren at the end of VIII, so I wonder - when will he ultimately replace him? And of course, what is his goal? And who the hell is he anyway?

There are so many things unknown about the new trilogy characters, it's maddening.
avatar
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1020
Likes : 5591
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 21
Localisation : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII/IX

Post by creepi0 on Wed 20 Apr - 2:32

this is how snoke look like under the robe and some snoke concept art





snoke really look like walking corpse/zombie

maybe he look like tarkin when he is younger

we know he is the one who make ben turned to darkside infact it seem han shocked when knowing this and the cause of finn kidnapping when he still a child because he build firsts order  and maybe he might the cause of rey family leave her in jakku
avatar
creepi0
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 77
Likes : 351
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII/IX

Post by CienaRee on Wed 20 Apr - 3:06

For those who've read the EU and the novel "Tarkin" is it possible that maybe  Armand Isard  is  Snoke? He's described as fair -skinned,with blue eyes and black-colored hair that had a white stripe running through it(starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Armand_Isard/Legends). I know he dies in the EU but I find it interesting that they decided to re-introduce him in cannon and since Snoke's mentioned to have had blue eyes that immediately caught my intention when reading about Armand.

CienaRee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 957
Likes : 4744
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII/IX

Post by Sylvia Snow on Wed 20 Apr - 4:57

After reading through some Legend in EU, I found some thing of interest. Leia seems to know Snoke and he also knows about her. Snoke said he was very old and have watched the rise and fall of the Imperial.
 
In the EU, there is this Unidentified alien philosopher who was rescued by the Alliance to Restore the Republic in order to help them fight against the Galactic Empire. And it seems that this mystery alien have been living for a long times from the Old Republic era to the Rise of the Empire era and the Rebellion era.

"A male alien philosopher was part of the crew of the science vessel Prana Lexander five hundred years before the Galactic Civil War. He was considered to be one of his species' greatest minds. The ship was lost, but the philosopher survived aboard the ship in cyrofreeze until he was freed by agents of the Alliance to Restore the Republic. They told the philosopher of their struggle against the Galactic Empire, and he agreed to help them by returning to his people and enlisting them as allies. Arriving at his homeworld, the ship the philosopher was traveling on was ordered to be inspected by Imperial Customs. The Alliance agents hid the philosopher, but he was found by the leader of the Imperial boarding party, Lieutenant Brawk. The Alliance agents paid a 2,500 credit bribe to the officer to be allowed to continue."
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_alien_philosopher

As you see, there aren't many information about him but I think that the point, if this is Snoke then he should be covered in a mystery since he have lived for so long, witness many great Sith and Jedi alike. He could also have a vast knowledge about the Force but also able to remain unknown to many. Snoke disfigured could be cause by the incident from his ship that coincidentally called "Prana Lexander" . King Prana could be a clue

This could also explains why he was able to built the FO in the unknowns region and developing such deadly weapons such as the SKB and everything on it. That why he possibly able to get close to Ben because he was already around before Ben was born, many people, even Leia must believe in his knowledge could help Ben on how to use his power."The supreme leader is wise" that Kylo said to Han could be a hint that even if he want to come home, he fear Snoke who is so wise and seen it all, could easily find him again and destroy everything including Leia.

I know this is a stretch but there's something about this character that actually make sense if he's Snoke. Extremely Old and Wise


Last edited by Sylvia Snow on Wed 20 Apr - 5:24; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1377
Likes : 5631
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII/IX

Post by panki on Wed 20 Apr - 5:01

@Sylvia Snow .....the alien philosopher sounds like an excellent candidate to be Snoke, considering he was initially an ally of the republic....maybe they will bring him into canon.... Smile

_________________
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 2820
Likes : 10224
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII/IX

Post by SoloSideCousin on Wed 20 Apr - 5:38

@CienaRee wrote:For those who've read the EU and the novel "Tarkin" is it possible that maybe  Armand Isard  is  Snoke? He's described as fair -skinned,with blue eyes and black-colored hair that had a white stripe running through it(starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Armand_Isard/Legends). I know he dies in the EU but I find it interesting that they decided to re-introduce him in cannon and since Snoke's mentioned to have had blue eyes that immediately caught my intention when reading about Armand.
@CienaRee

I haven't read any of the new canon novels, but didn't Tarkin mention a bunch of stuff about crazy Sith possession rituals and wasn't it said in that book that the Jedi Temple was built on Sith ruins? Who was involved with that stuff in that book and could this Armand connect to the guy in white in Rogue One? I know PH said no crossovers, but I can't see Disney not doing something that will "force" the ST viewer to see Rogue One.
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3089
Likes : 13511
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII/IX

Post by panki on Wed 20 Apr - 6:03

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@CienaRee wrote:For those who've read the EU and the novel "Tarkin" is it possible that maybe  Armand Isard  is  Snoke? He's described as fair -skinned,with blue eyes and black-colored hair that had a white stripe running through it(starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Armand_Isard/Legends). I know he dies in the EU but I find it interesting that they decided to re-introduce him in cannon and since Snoke's mentioned to have had blue eyes that immediately caught my intention when reading about Armand.
@CienaRee

I haven't read any of the new canon novels, but didn't Tarkin mention a bunch of stuff about crazy Sith possession rituals and wasn't it said in that book that the Jedi Temple was built on Sith ruins? Who was involved with that stuff in that book and could this Armand connect to the guy in white in Rogue One? I know PH said no crossovers, but I can't see Disney not doing something that will "force" the ST viewer to see Rogue One.
@SoloSideCousin

This is the sith ritual I think you're talking about that is mentioned in Tarkin...

Such perilous machinations required two Sith, one to serve as bait for the dark side, the other to be the vessel. Success would grant them the power to harness the full powers of the dark side, and allow them to rule for ten thousand years.


In the EU, white uniforms were worn by Imperial naval officers but in the new canon, it is worn by the Intelligence Officers.....Armand Isard was Director of Intelligence around the time the Death Star was being constructed....so he could be the man in white in Rogue One.

_________________
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 2820
Likes : 10224
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII/IX

Post by SoloSideCousin on Wed 20 Apr - 7:07

@panki wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@CienaRee wrote:For those who've read the EU and the novel "Tarkin" is it possible that maybe  Armand Isard  is  Snoke? He's described as fair -skinned,with blue eyes and black-colored hair that had a white stripe running through it(starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Armand_Isard/Legends). I know he dies in the EU but I find it interesting that they decided to re-introduce him in cannon and since Snoke's mentioned to have had blue eyes that immediately caught my intention when reading about Armand.
@CienaRee

I haven't read any of the new canon novels, but didn't Tarkin mention a bunch of stuff about crazy Sith possession rituals and wasn't it said in that book that the Jedi Temple was built on Sith ruins? Who was involved with that stuff in that book and could this Armand connect to the guy in white in Rogue One? I know PH said no crossovers, but I can't see Disney not doing something that will "force" the ST viewer to see Rogue One.
@SoloSideCousin

This is the sith ritual I think you're talking about that is mentioned in Tarkin...

Such perilous machinations required two Sith, one to serve as bait for the dark side, the other to be the vessel. Success would grant them the power to harness the full powers of the dark side, and allow them to rule for ten thousand years.


In the EU, white uniforms were worn by Imperial naval officers but in the new canon, it is worn by the Intelligence Officers.....Armand Isard was Director of Intelligence around the time the Death Star was being constructed....so he could be the man in white in Rogue One.
@panki

Ben Mendelssohn, the actor playing that intelligence officer, has a very gaunt face ... like Snoke seems to have had before all of his dark side damage. And director of intelligence ... could be right up Snoke's alley. I have never noticed Mendelssohn in anything I've seen before, but he looks like he has some charisma in the previews. Hmmmmmm :-)

On a side note: I didn't care at all about Rogue One, but now I'm super excited. I love how Forest Whittaker says "What will you become?" I think we will learn a lot in Rogue One about the SW universe that will be new to us, and even if some character doesn't cross, that universe information will cross over to the ST.
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3089
Likes : 13511
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII/IX

Post by panki on Wed 20 Apr - 9:47

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@panki wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@CienaRee wrote:For those who've read the EU and the novel "Tarkin" is it possible that maybe  Armand Isard  is  Snoke? He's described as fair -skinned,with blue eyes and black-colored hair that had a white stripe running through it(starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Armand_Isard/Legends). I know he dies in the EU but I find it interesting that they decided to re-introduce him in cannon and since Snoke's mentioned to have had blue eyes that immediately caught my intention when reading about Armand.
@CienaRee

I haven't read any of the new canon novels, but didn't Tarkin mention a bunch of stuff about crazy Sith possession rituals and wasn't it said in that book that the Jedi Temple was built on Sith ruins? Who was involved with that stuff in that book and could this Armand connect to the guy in white in Rogue One? I know PH said no crossovers, but I can't see Disney not doing something that will "force" the ST viewer to see Rogue One.
@SoloSideCousin

This is the sith ritual I think you're talking about that is mentioned in Tarkin...

Such perilous machinations required two Sith, one to serve as bait for the dark side, the other to be the vessel. Success would grant them the power to harness the full powers of the dark side, and allow them to rule for ten thousand years.


In the EU, white uniforms were worn by Imperial naval officers but in the new canon, it is worn by the Intelligence Officers.....Armand Isard was Director of Intelligence around the time the Death Star was being constructed....so he could be the man in white in Rogue One.
@panki

Ben Mendelssohn, the actor playing that intelligence officer, has a very gaunt face ... like Snoke seems to have had before all of his dark side damage.  And director of intelligence ... could be right up Snoke's alley.  I have never noticed Mendelssohn in anything I've seen before, but he looks like he has some charisma in the previews. Hmmmmmm :-)

On a side note: I didn't care at all about Rogue One, but now I'm super excited.  I love how Forest Whittaker says "What will you become?"  I think we will learn a lot in Rogue One about the SW universe that will be new to us, and even if some character doesn't cross, that universe information will cross over to the ST.
@SoloSideCousin

There is a rumor that Rogue One is based on loosely based on the shooter game- Dark Forces....here the two main characters are a mercenary and former Imperial army officer called Kyle Katarn (who has a strong resemblance to the character people are calling Cassein Willix) and a double agent working for the rebels called Jan Ors (Jyn Erso?)...and their first adventure involves stealing the plans of the Death Star for the Rebel Alliance. If this turns out to be true, we will see them survive the adventure, have more adventures and survive at least until TFA since Kyle helps Luke with the new jedi order in the EU....similarly, I won't be surprised if Snoke appears in Rogue One as an Imperial officer....whether Ben Mendelssohn or someone we see make a brief appearance.

_________________
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 2820
Likes : 10224
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII/IX

Post by guardienne on Wed 20 Apr - 10:52

@solosidecousin

ben mendelsohn is proper.

watch him in
A Place beyond the Pines
Animal Kingdom (i couldn't understand half of what is being said but boy does he do menace well)
Slow West (the pimp coat!)
Starred Up

he lives in the UK now. i love him to pieces because sleazy and menacing and also occasionally loveable underneath it all.

@creepi0 where are these pics from? are they stills from the DVD?
avatar
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3112
Likes : 6269
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Snoke in Episodes VIII/IX

Post by guardienne on Wed 27 Apr - 8:40

@dark_disciple sent me this http://starwars-hell.tumblr.com/post/143399826323/snoke-more-priest-than-politician-and-what-this

sorry i'm not sure what to do with it actually, it's very good thinking. at this stage perhaps bloodlines can give us more hints towards who he is. but i find the idea that he's a high priest very plausible. it would make sense with all the religious and crusading imagery and flavours in TFA.


Last edited by guardienne on Wed 27 Apr - 17:37; edited 1 time in total
avatar
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3112
Likes : 6269
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum