Episode VIII predictions (choose as many as you'd like)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which of the following do you expect to happen in VIII? (Choose as many as you'd like)

12% 12% 
[ 42 ]
11% 11% 
[ 38 ]
13% 13% 
[ 45 ]
7% 7% 
[ 25 ]
11% 11% 
[ 40 ]
5% 5% 
[ 16 ]
7% 7% 
[ 26 ]
4% 4% 
[ 14 ]
16% 16% 
[ 56 ]
14% 14% 
[ 49 ]
 
Total Votes : 351

Episode VIII predictions (choose as many as you'd like)

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 28 May - 22:04

Just looking to lighten the mood a little around here with what I hope is a fun poll to take a snapshot of some of the things that we reasonably think might happen in Episode VIII.

Base your responses on what we've seen in previous trilogies, your interpretation of TFA, and the various spoilers/leaks we've had so far.

You have the option to choose as many individual "predictions" as you'd like.


Last edited by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 28 May - 22:24; edited 1 time in total
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4026
Likes : 20895
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode VIII predictions (choose as many as you'd like)

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sat 28 May - 22:14

The scar, THE SCAR!!! cheers
avatar
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2474
Likes : 10468
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31
Localisation : Italia

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode VIII predictions (choose as many as you'd like)

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 28 May - 22:34

@Maria Antonietta wrote:The scar, THE SCAR!!! cheers
@Maria Antonietta

Scar caress is proving to be a popular prediction so far! Evil

_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4026
Likes : 20895
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode VIII predictions (choose as many as you'd like)

Post by snufkin on Sat 28 May - 22:39

DS and LS break from their masters and go Ronin together. Also my first thought in the middle of my brain exploding during the Interogation Scene was that at some point, it'll be implied that they've finally felt the Force together for reals (wink wink). There's for sure going to be some physical contact while they're stranded together. Other prediction might be that he goes back to FO at the end and it's their "We'll always have Paris" bittersweet ending.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5297
Likes : 22620
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode VIII predictions (choose as many as you'd like)

Post by Kessel on Sat 28 May - 22:55

I still can't see a full-on Reylo kiss coming in Episode VIII, but I think some kind of glancing touch/caress (of the scar especially), filled with UST is very possible with future character development, and would be awesome. Maybe a kiss or almost kiss if there's a lot of positive development, but for now who knows...

As for Kylo coming to "kill" Rey, I can understand Kylo coming to Ahch-to with the mission (pretext) to kill her, but I think he'll be unable to actually do it, so I want to see him come to his senses.

I also really want to see a Kylo and Leia reunion, but I think that probably won't happen until episode IX.

avatar
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1023
Likes : 8228
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode VIII predictions (choose as many as you'd like)

Post by vaderito on Sat 28 May - 23:12

I want shirtless unmasking

avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7115
Likes : 33884
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode VIII predictions (choose as many as you'd like)

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 28 May - 23:12

@snufkin wrote:DS and LS break from their masters and go Ronin together. Also my first thought in the middle of my brain exploding during the Interogation Scene was that at some point, it'll be implied that they've finally felt the Force together for reals (wink wink). There's for sure going to be some physical contact while they're stranded together. Other prediction might be that he goes back to FO at the end and it's their "We'll always have Paris" bittersweet ending.
@snufkin

The LS/DS break and going Ronin would be my first choice for an VIII ending, too, although I can see it making sense to put off that sort of ending until the end of IX.

I like the idea of the bittersweet ending, but I don't see him voluntarily going back to the FO (IF he grows as a character the way that I expect him to on Ahch-To) unless it's with the intention of taking down the FO from within.

I can also see a scenario where someone ends up in the hands of the FO at the end of VIII and a previously unlikely pairing (e.g. Rey/Kylo or Finn/Kylo) will need to start off IX with a tension-filled rescue.

_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4026
Likes : 20895
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode VIII predictions (choose as many as you'd like)

Post by snufkin on Sat 28 May - 23:19

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin wrote:DS and LS break from their masters and go Ronin together. Also my first thought in the middle of my brain exploding during the Interogation Scene was that at some point, it'll be implied that they've finally felt the Force together for reals (wink wink). There's for sure going to be some physical contact while they're stranded together. Other prediction might be that he goes back to FO at the end and it's their "We'll always have Paris" bittersweet ending.
@snufkin

The LS/DS break and going Ronin would be my first choice for an VIII ending, too, although I can see it making sense to put off that sort of ending until the end of IX.

I like the idea of the bittersweet ending, but I don't see him voluntarily going back to the FO (IF he grows as a character the way that I expect him to on Ahch-To) unless it's with the intention of taking down the FO from within.

I can also see a scenario where someone ends up in the hands of the FO at the end of VIII and a previously unlikely pairing (e.g. Rey/Kylo or Finn/Kylo) will need to start off IX with a tension-filled rescue.
@ISeeAnIsland

If they go to a complete ESB callback, somebody's gotta end up in the clutches of the bad guys. Snoke is sort of like Jabba.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5297
Likes : 22620
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode VIII predictions (choose as many as you'd like)

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 28 May - 23:20

@snufkin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin wrote:DS and LS break from their masters and go Ronin together. Also my first thought in the middle of my brain exploding during the Interogation Scene was that at some point, it'll be implied that they've finally felt the Force together for reals (wink wink). There's for sure going to be some physical contact while they're stranded together. Other prediction might be that he goes back to FO at the end and it's their "We'll always have Paris" bittersweet ending.
@snufkin

The LS/DS break and going Ronin would be my first choice for an VIII ending, too, although I can see it making sense to put off that sort of ending until the end of IX.

I like the idea of the bittersweet ending, but I don't see him voluntarily going back to the FO (IF he grows as a character the way that I expect him to on Ahch-To) unless it's with the intention of taking down the FO from within.

I can also see a scenario where someone ends up in the hands of the FO at the end of VIII and a previously unlikely pairing (e.g. Rey/Kylo or Finn/Kylo) will need to start off IX with a tension-filled rescue.
@ISeeAnIsland

If they go to a complete ESB callback, somebody's gotta end up in the clutches of the bad guys. Snoke is sort of like Jabba.
@snufkin

Yup, and it sets up a ROTJ callback to start IX!

_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4026
Likes : 20895
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Episode VIII predictions (choose as many as you'd like)

Post by IoJovi on Sun 29 May - 1:04

The way I see it, in regards to the original three heroes, VII was Han's movie, and VIII will be Luke's movie. That leaves IX to be Leia's movie. This will be most likely the one where she is reunited with her son. Therefore, I didn't choose that option, as much as I'm looking forward to that moment.

I voted for full on kiss - none of that "almost" sith. I want to see full on lip locks. Even if it's just through a vision. It has to happen!!!

No offense meant to anyone who voted for the other option - this is just me. Smile

_________________
"By the grace of your training, I will not be seduced."

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
avatar
IoJovi
Moderator

Messages : 5490
Likes : 29770
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Episode VIII predictions (choose as many as you'd like)

Post by IoJovi on Sun 29 May - 2:19

@Force22 wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:The way I see it, in regards to the original three heroes, VII was Han's movie, and VIII will be Luke's movie. That leaves IX to be Leia's movie. This will be most likely the one where she is reunited with her son. Therefore, I didn't choose that option, as much as I'm looking forward to that moment.

I voted for full on kiss - none of that "almost" sith. I want to see full on lip locks. Even if it's just through a vision. It has to happen!!!

No offense meant to anyone who voted for the other option - this is just me. Smile
@IoJovi

I didn't vote for either... I don't know if it's time to happen already. I think I prefer some insane UST. I don't know, but an almost kiss, or a kiss in a vision or a kiss later regretted can also cause UST, so I'm impartial.
@Force22

Yeah there's multiple satisfactory ways that could play out for me that wouldn't just make me happy, but ecstatic. First and foremost, even over a kiss, I want INSANE UST that this time doesn't go over half the audience's heads. I want it to be clear what the trajectory will be for these two characters. If we get a kiss as a result of that INSANE UST, even better.

_________________
"By the grace of your training, I will not be seduced."

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
avatar
IoJovi
Moderator

Messages : 5490
Likes : 29770
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode VIII predictions (choose as many as you'd like)

Post by snufkin on Sun 29 May - 3:03

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin wrote:DS and LS break from their masters and go Ronin together. Also my first thought in the middle of my brain exploding during the Interogation Scene was that at some point, it'll be implied that they've finally felt the Force together for reals (wink wink). There's for sure going to be some physical contact while they're stranded together. Other prediction might be that he goes back to FO at the end and it's their "We'll always have Paris" bittersweet ending.
@snufkin

The LS/DS break and going Ronin would be my first choice for an VIII ending, too, although I can see it making sense to put off that sort of ending until the end of IX.

I like the idea of the bittersweet ending, but I don't see him voluntarily going back to the FO (IF he grows as a character the way that I expect him to on Ahch-To) unless it's with the intention of taking down the FO from within.

I can also see a scenario where someone ends up in the hands of the FO at the end of VIII and a previously unlikely pairing (e.g. Rey/Kylo or Finn/Kylo) will need to start off IX with a tension-filled rescue.
@ISeeAnIsland

If they go to a complete ESB callback, somebody's gotta end up in the clutches of the bad guys. Snoke is sort of like Jabba.
@snufkin

Yup, and it sets up a ROTJ callback to start IX!
@ISeeAnIsland

They can keep the Redwood National Forest, just no Ewoks please!


Last edited by snufkin on Tue 31 May - 23:19; edited 1 time in total
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5297
Likes : 22620
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Episode VIII predictions (choose as many as you'd like)

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 29 May - 22:40

Shirtless! Kylo seems to be quite popular. Evil

Just wanted to throw out another thought. As a pro-Reylo-kiss-in-VIII person, I will say that I do think that if they kiss in VIII, they'll need to have circumstances separate them at the end of VIII (e.g. someone gets captured, or someone gets fed up and goes rogue on their own). That sets things up for an emotional reunion in IX. But if they went that route, would it be a bit too much of a callback to ESB/ROTJ?

_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4026
Likes : 20895
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode VIII predictions (choose as many as you'd like)

Post by Irina de France on Sat 4 Jun - 20:42

All right. I'm going to break down by point in the poll because I feel like it:

Shirtless Kylo: I don't know, to be honest. It'd make sense with Mark Hamill's "dangerous dreamboat" comment (hehe), but you know, I won't exactly be disappointed if it doesn't happen (actually I will. I totally will. I mean, well, there are quite a few pics of Adam Driver shirtless, but I feel sorry for Rey. She'll be missing something.)

Rey touches/caresses Kylo's scar: YES. GIVE IT TO ME. I WANT THIS TO BE THE FINAL SCENE OF VIII. GIVE IT TO ME. THEN HAVE THEM BUMP FOREHEADS. LIKE DIS:




Reylo kiss/almost-kiss: I talked about it above (more or less), but I think we'll get at the very least an almost kiss. I could see a kiss happening in VIII, but only at the very end. Otherwise, a kiss may not happen, but an almost-kiss is a safe bet for me.

FinnTran kiss: Pretty sure we'll get one. Reylo is going to be a long and rocky road, but if FinnTran is meant to be the lighter romance, I think those two will be kissing in the middle of VIII.

KMT betrays Finn: First off, I don't think Tran will actually be a Resistance traitor or something? Well, what I mean here is that yes, she might betray Finn for extra drama, but I think it's going to be because she's forced to. I have my own theory for Tran's character, and I'll just put in spoilers since it does contain spoilers for Bloodline:

Spoiler:
Basically, since Claudia Grey did mention she had Jamie Chung in mind for Carise Sindian, I might be reaching too far, but I'm wondering right now if Tran's character and Carise are related since both of them look Asian. As I said, it's a bit of a stretch, but I think it would be interesting, since Carise did play a big part in the First Order's formation. So you got Tran, who ran away from her family and joined the Resistance under a false identity. Meets Finn, and she's basically the first person he meets who really, but really doesn't trust him, but she's stuck with him on a mission anyway. Put in lots of rom-com, and like it or not, in the middle of VIII, they're kissing. Thing is, while they're on the Dubrovnik planet, she comes across someone from her family or whatever who recognizes her, and said person, under a threat, forces her to give confidential information to the FO (which leads to the Resistance getting decimated in act III of the film and Leia getting wounded) and it ends up with Finn getting caught by Phasma. So, the big irony is that the girl who trusted Finn the less at the beginning ends up being a traitor (but again, due to the circumstances, the audience will be sympathetic to her... except the Finnreys who will find a reason there to lash at her, but hey). But don't worry, I think that afterwards, she'll do anything she can to free Finn and they'll get together.

Leia-Kylo reunion: I have a gut feeling it will happen in IX only. Simply because VII is Han's movie, VIII is probably going to be Luke's movie, and that makes that IX will probably going to be Leia's. I think VIII is really going to focus on Luke and Kylo's former relationship, and what on Earth happened at the Jedi academy (or whatever it was). There are chances that Leia and Kylo will see each other in Act III of VIII, but I still personally think they'll really reunite in IX. Either way, I'm going to cry for sure.

Kylo tries to kill Rey: I don't think that'll happen. Not because I don't want Kylo to do bad shizzle and all that, because hey, he *is* still a villain, albeit being a sympathetic one. It's mostly due to my theory that Snoke actually doesn't want to kill Luke nor Rey, but rather "use" them. "Finish what you started" could very well mean turning Luke to the Dark Side, and that would explain why he's hiding. And as for Rey, she's raw Force power. You don't waste that.

Kylo attacks Rey but does not want to kill her: I talked about it above, but of course, especially with how Rey marked him, he's going to want to put on a tough show in front of the Knights of Ren. Methinks they probably weren't too impressed of discovering he got his a** kicked by some random scavenger. So we're going to get another duel between those two for sure (I'd be disappointed if we didn't), but as I explained above, he won't try to kill her. But I do think something will happen that will have Kylo deciding not to obey Snoke's orders, and there will be something that will encourage him not to try to bring Rey and/or Luke back with him...

Unhinged!Luke/Semi-dark Luke: I think it's entirely possible Luke became more Grey, but I'm saving my judgement. I've explained above I think Luke is hiding by fear of getting turned to the Dark Side, so it's very possible he might feel overall very insecure, especially with Rey around. Doesn't help that Rey could possibly be sharing a Force Bond with Kylo, and if we look at KOTOR, said Force Bond did help in Bastilla's Fall... And Rey's maybe strong with the Force n' all, but she's not exactly good Jedi material either. She's more like Ben/Kylo than the GA is lead to believe, and I'm pretty sure Luke will see that and grow more and more paranoid around her. And that's going to annoy her, and it won't be good...

Rey and Kylo going rogue: That's actually the ending I expect to see for VIII. It'd be suspenseful enough, because thing is, with Rey and Kylo being the two most powerful Force sensitive people of their time, since they decide in the end to team up, whatever side they choose will win, which puts a lot of stress on both sides. Doesn't help that the Resistance is in shambles, and that methinks something will happen that will have Rey and Kylo being parias from both Resistance and FO sides.
avatar
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1207
Likes : 6173
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-22
Age : 21
Localisation : Ottawa, Canada

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode VIII predictions (choose as many as you'd like)

Post by Birdwoman on Sat 4 Jun - 20:51

I hope for a shirtless Kylo scene!

Birdwoman
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 606
Likes : 2592
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode VIII predictions (choose as many as you'd like)

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Sat 4 Jun - 21:10

@Irina de France wrote:
KMT betrays Finn: First off, I don't think Tran will actually be a Resistance traitor or something? Well, what I mean here is that yes, she might betray Finn for extra drama, but I think it's going to be because she's forced to. I have my own theory for Tran's character, and I'll just put in spoilers since it does contain spoilers for Bloodline:

Spoiler:
Basically, since Claudia Grey did mention she had Jamie Chung in mind for Carise Sindian, I might be reaching too far, but I'm wondering right now if Tran's character and Carise are related since both of them look Asian. As I said, it's a bit of a stretch, but I think it would be interesting, since Carise did play a big part in the First Order's formation. So you got Tran, who ran away from her family and joined the Resistance under a false identity. Meets Finn, and she's basically the first person he meets who really, but really doesn't trust him, but she's stuck with him on a mission anyway. Put in lots of rom-com, and like it or not, in the middle of VIII, they're kissing. Thing is, while they're on the Dubrovnik planet, she comes across someone from her family or whatever who recognizes her, and said person, under a threat, forces her to give confidential information to the FO (which leads to the Resistance getting decimated in act III of the film and Leia getting wounded) and it ends up with Finn getting caught by Phasma. So, the big irony is that the girl who trusted Finn the less at the beginning ends up being a traitor (but again, due to the circumstances, the audience will be sympathetic to her... except the Finnreys who will find a reason there to lash at her, but hey). But don't worry, I think that afterwards, she'll do anything she can to free Finn and they'll get together.
@Irina de France

I love this! You know what's weird though? I basically

Spoiler:
wondered if Tran could be related to Sindian, because to would make way for a hell of a lot of drama and tension between the two if the girl Finn's sweet on was related to one of the founding members of the First Order, and lying about it. It could lead into IX where Tran rescues Finn and they have to establish each others trust while still having strong feelings for each other. Maybe Sindian could be make an appearance and be a major villain in their arc (with Phasma being the sidekick). And I've always wanted Jamie Chung in a SW movie. I would've loved her as a KoR, but Sindian is just as awesome! Very Happy
avatar
AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1461
Likes : 8114
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode VIII predictions (choose as many as you'd like)

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 4 Jun - 21:13

@Irina de France wrote:

*snips a bunch of really good points*

Rey and Kylo going rogue: That's actually the ending I expect to see for VIII. It'd be suspenseful enough, because thing is, with Rey and Kylo being the two most powerful Force sensitive people of their time, since they decide in the end to team up, whatever side they choose will win, which puts a lot of stress on both sides. Doesn't help that the Resistance is in shambles, and that methinks something will happen that will have Rey and Kylo being parias from both Resistance and FO sides.
@Irina de France

THIS is the ending that I really want to see for VIII, although I could also see one or both of Rey or Kylo (or possibly Finn) ending up in their respective "enemies" hands at the end of VIII.

Given what's being hinted at about Luke, I also think that we're going to almost have to see Kylo becoming Rey's teacher (in a more formal sense) at some point. I feel like that was too heavily foreshadowed in VII for that not to happen. If Rey and Kylo both went rogue at the end of VIII, it could set up for a nice "training" arc at the beginning of IX and also give them some alone time for the romance arc to build.

My only real concern about them going rogue at the end of VIII is that I'm kind of hoping that they'll go off to find their own path together at the end of IX, and them starting on that path in VIII would make that ending redundant.


_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4026
Likes : 20895
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode VIII predictions (choose as many as you'd like)

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 4 Jun - 21:15

@AppleCrumble122 wrote:
@Irina de France wrote:
KMT betrays Finn: First off, I don't think Tran will actually be a Resistance traitor or something? Well, what I mean here is that yes, she might betray Finn for extra drama, but I think it's going to be because she's forced to. I have my own theory for Tran's character, and I'll just put in spoilers since it does contain spoilers for Bloodline:

Spoiler:
Basically, since Claudia Grey did mention she had Jamie Chung in mind for Carise Sindian, I might be reaching too far, but I'm wondering right now if Tran's character and Carise are related since both of them look Asian. As I said, it's a bit of a stretch, but I think it would be interesting, since Carise did play a big part in the First Order's formation. So you got Tran, who ran away from her family and joined the Resistance under a false identity. Meets Finn, and she's basically the first person he meets who really, but really doesn't trust him, but she's stuck with him on a mission anyway. Put in lots of rom-com, and like it or not, in the middle of VIII, they're kissing. Thing is, while they're on the Dubrovnik planet, she comes across someone from her family or whatever who recognizes her, and said person, under a threat, forces her to give confidential information to the FO (which leads to the Resistance getting decimated in act III of the film and Leia getting wounded) and it ends up with Finn getting caught by Phasma. So, the big irony is that the girl who trusted Finn the less at the beginning ends up being a traitor (but again, due to the circumstances, the audience will be sympathetic to her... except the Finnreys who will find a reason there to lash at her, but hey). But don't worry, I think that afterwards, she'll do anything she can to free Finn and they'll get together.
@Irina de France

I love this! You know what's weird though? I basically

Spoiler:
wondered if Tran could be related to Sindian, because to would make way for a hell of a lot of drama and tension between the two if the girl Finn's sweet on was related to one of the founding members of the First Order, and lying about it. It could lead into IX where Tran rescues Finn and they have to establish each others trust while still having strong feelings for each other. Maybe Sindian could be make an appearance and be a major villain in their arc (with Phasma being the sidekick). And I've always wanted Jamie Chung in a SW movie. I would've loved her as a KoR, but Sindian is just as awesome! Very Happy
@AppleCrumble122

Sorry for the DP, but wanted to add this. Because I love this idea.

Bloodline spoiler:

If KMT were related to Carise, it would also set up a really nice parallel between FinnTran and Reylo. Finn can't give Rey too much grief about being in a possible relationship with Kylo if Finn himself has been snogging the daughter (or other relation) to Lady Carise.

_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4026
Likes : 20895
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode VIII predictions (choose as many as you'd like)

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Sat 4 Jun - 21:27

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Sorry for the DP, but wanted to add this. Because I love this idea.

Bloodline spoiler:

If KMT were related to Carise, it would also set up a really nice parallel between FinnTran and Reylo. Finn can't give Rey too much grief about being in a possible relationship with Kylo if Finn himself has been snogging the daughter (or other relation) to Lady Carise.
@ISeeAnIsland

Yeah I agree! It would be awesome!

Spoiler:
Imagine a scene in IX where Rey and Finn arguing about each other's LIs, before calling each other out on the hypocrisy, then realising their own hypocrisy before making up with each other. But regardless, while it's such an awesome idea, I doubt it will be the case, because KMT was cast colourblind and Claudia Gray said she wrote Sindian with her ethic origin being Asian. So all in all it's probably just a coincidence that they're both Asian. But then again.... KMT was cast before TFA was released and we know that Rian Johnson had some input in Bloodline. What if he told Claudia that Episode VIII's female lead was related to Sindian and told her to give her the same ethnicity as the new lead's actress? Was Sindian's ethnicity in the book or did Claudia say she was Asian after it came out?
avatar
AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1461
Likes : 8114
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode VIII predictions (choose as many as you'd like)

Post by Irina de France on Sat 4 Jun - 21:48

@AppleCrumble122 wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Sorry for the DP, but wanted to add this. Because I love this idea.

Bloodline spoiler:

If KMT were related to Carise, it would also set up a really nice parallel between FinnTran and Reylo. Finn can't give Rey too much grief about being in a possible relationship with Kylo if Finn himself has been snogging the daughter (or other relation) to Lady Carise.
@ISeeAnIsland

Yeah I agree! It would be awesome!

Spoiler:
Imagine a scene in IX where Rey and Finn arguing about each other's LIs, before calling each other out on the hypocrisy, then realising their own hypocrisy before making up with each other. But regardless, while it's such an awesome idea, I doubt it will be the case, because KMT was cast colourblind and Claudia Gray said she wrote Sindian with her ethic origin being Asian. So all in all it's probably just a coincidence that they're both Asian. But then again.... KMT was cast before TFA was released and we know that Rian Johnson had some input in Bloodline. What if he told Claudia that Episode VIII's female lead was related to Sindian and told her to give her the same ethnicity as the new lead's actress? Was Sindian's ethnicity in the book or did Claudia say she was Asian after it came out?
@AppleCrumble122

Spoiler:
Imagine if at some point, Rey gets caught by the FO and is brought to Snoke, and Finn is still a FO prisoner at that point, Kylo gets desperate and goes to the Resistance to get help to save Rey. He meets Tran, she wants to save Finn at the same time, so they team up.

I'm sorry, but those two would have like the most awesome weird friendship ever? Like it's totes toll and smol here?
avatar
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1207
Likes : 6173
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-22
Age : 21
Localisation : Ottawa, Canada

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode VIII predictions (choose as many as you'd like)

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Sat 4 Jun - 21:52

@Irina de France wrote:
@AppleCrumble122 wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Sorry for the DP, but wanted to add this. Because I love this idea.

Bloodline spoiler:

If KMT were related to Carise, it would also set up a really nice parallel between FinnTran and Reylo. Finn can't give Rey too much grief about being in a possible relationship with Kylo if Finn himself has been snogging the daughter (or other relation) to Lady Carise.
@ISeeAnIsland

Yeah I agree! It would be awesome!

Spoiler:
Imagine a scene in IX where Rey and Finn arguing about each other's LIs, before calling each other out on the hypocrisy, then realising their own hypocrisy before making up with each other. But regardless, while it's such an awesome idea, I doubt it will be the case, because KMT was cast colourblind and Claudia Gray said she wrote Sindian with her ethic origin being Asian. So all in all it's probably just a coincidence that they're both Asian. But then again.... KMT was cast before TFA was released and we know that Rian Johnson had some input in Bloodline. What if he told Claudia that Episode VIII's female lead was related to Sindian and told her to give her the same ethnicity as the new lead's actress? Was Sindian's ethnicity in the book or did Claudia say she was Asian after it came out?
@AppleCrumble122

Spoiler:
Imagine if at some point, Rey gets caught by the FO and is brought to Snoke, and Finn is still a FO prisoner at that point, Kylo gets desperate and goes to the Resistance to get help to save Rey. He meets Tran, she wants to save Finn at the same time, so they team up.

I'm sorry, but those two would have like the most awesome weird friendship ever? Like it's totes toll and smol here?
@Irina de France

Spoiler:
ROFL That would definitely fit the "Odd Friendship" trope on tvtropes! Just imagine them having the most awkward talks!
avatar
AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1461
Likes : 8114
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode VIII predictions (choose as many as you'd like)

Post by Lily Snape on Sun 5 Jun - 6:33

@AppleCrumble122 wrote:
@Irina de France wrote:
@AppleCrumble122 wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Sorry for the DP, but wanted to add this. Because I love this idea.

Bloodline spoiler:

If KMT were related to Carise, it would also set up a really nice parallel between FinnTran and Reylo. Finn can't give Rey too much grief about being in a possible relationship with Kylo if Finn himself has been snogging the daughter (or other relation) to Lady Carise.
@ISeeAnIsland

Yeah I agree! It would be awesome!

Spoiler:
Imagine a scene in IX where Rey and Finn arguing about each other's LIs, before calling each other out on the hypocrisy, then realising their own hypocrisy before making up with each other. But regardless, while it's such an awesome idea, I doubt it will be the case, because KMT was cast colourblind and Claudia Gray said she wrote Sindian with her ethic origin being Asian. So all in all it's probably just a coincidence that they're both Asian. But then again.... KMT was cast before TFA was released and we know that Rian Johnson had some input in Bloodline. What if he told Claudia that Episode VIII's female lead was related to Sindian and told her to give her the same ethnicity as the new lead's actress? Was Sindian's ethnicity in the book or did Claudia say she was Asian after it came out?
@AppleCrumble122

Spoiler:
Imagine if at some point, Rey gets caught by the FO and is brought to Snoke, and Finn is still a FO prisoner at that point, Kylo gets desperate and goes to the Resistance to get help to save Rey. He meets Tran, she wants to save Finn at the same time, so they team up.

I'm sorry, but those two would have like the most awesome weird friendship ever? Like it's totes toll and smol here?
@Irina de France

Spoiler:
ROFL That would definitely fit the "Odd Friendship" trope on tvtropes! Just imagine them having the most awkward talks!
@AppleCrumble122

Field trip with Zuko!!!   Smile (Avatar thingy in which people seem to keep bonding with the redeemed dark Prince (with a facial scar and daddy issues and inheritance of dark and light from his family and arrogance and anger management problems and I could keep going because it's fun) by going on individual excursions with him.)


Last edited by Lily Snape on Sun 5 Jun - 6:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
avatar
Lily Snape
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 257
Likes : 1352
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-31

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum