French language version of TFA and interesting things

View previous topic View next topic Go down

French language version of TFA and interesting things

Post by Slade on Fri 10 Jun - 3:06

So this is very interesting!  It may be obvious to the people here who speak French, but it isn't obvious to a native English speaker.  Good read:

http://cosette-giry.tumblr.com/tagged/rants+and+reviews
avatar
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 930
Likes : 3255
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: French language version of TFA and interesting things

Post by RKR Connection on Sat 11 Jun - 12:25

@Slade Thank you for sharing!
avatar
RKR Connection
Admin

Messages : 776
Likes : 1354
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: French language version of TFA and interesting things

Post by Irina de France on Fri 24 Jun - 17:52

Slade wrote:So this is very interesting!  It may be obvious to the people here who speak French, but it isn't obvious to a native English speaker.  Good read:

http://cosette-giry.tumblr.com/tagged/rants+and+reviews
@Slade

Hehe, that's my meta! XD Glad to see you liked it!
avatar
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1271
Likes : 6505
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-22
Age : 21
Localisation : Ottawa, Canada

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: French language version of TFA and interesting things

Post by Birdwoman on Fri 24 Jun - 18:04

@Irina de France,
I loved your bloodlines Meta also!

Birdwoman
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 660
Likes : 2875
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: French language version of TFA and interesting things

Post by soulluos on Fri 24 Jun - 18:28

Kylo is obviously only addressing Rey when saying "Even Han solo cannot save you" considering the "you" is using female pronoun in the Chinese dub.

soulluos
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 122
Likes : 557
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: French language version of TFA and interesting things

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Fri 24 Jun - 21:39

soulluos wrote:Kylo is obviously only addressing Rey when saying "Even Han solo cannot save you" considering the "you" is using female pronoun in the Chinese dub.
@soulluos

Same in the German version. Finn must have been like 'Wtf I'm standing right in front of you'
avatar
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1068
Likes : 5795
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 21
Localisation : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: French language version of TFA and interesting things

Post by WhatGirl on Fri 24 Jun - 22:09

Rimfaxe96 wrote:
soulluos wrote:Kylo is obviously only addressing Rey when saying "Even Han solo cannot save you" considering the "you" is using female pronoun in the Chinese dub.
@soulluos

Same in the German version. Finn must have been like 'Wtf I'm standing right in front of you'
@Rimfaxe96

Dang! To be honest, I was a little skeptical when people were saying that he was speaking only to Rey. I really thought he was talking to both of them. But now I'm starting to think otherwise.

So when Kylo says, "It's just us now," he's completely ignoring Finn. LOL. How awkward and third-wheelish that must be.
avatar
WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1282
Likes : 11957
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: French language version of TFA and interesting things

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Fri 24 Jun - 22:25

WhatGirl wrote:Dang! To be honest, I was a little skeptical when people were saying that he was speaking only to Rey. I really thought he was talking to both of them. But now I'm starting to think otherwise.

So when Kylo says, "It's just us now," he's completely ignoring Finn. LOL. How awkward and third-wheelish that must be.
@WhatGirl

In the German version it's actually a little obvious.
Kylo says "Jetzt sind es nur noch wir beide", directly translated that'd be "It's just us two now".

In the meantime Finn:
avatar
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1068
Likes : 5795
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 21
Localisation : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: French language version of TFA and interesting things

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Fri 24 Jun - 22:37

Rimfaxe96 wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:Dang! To be honest, I was a little skeptical when people were saying that he was speaking only to Rey. I really thought he was talking to both of them. But now I'm starting to think otherwise.

So when Kylo says, "It's just us now," he's completely ignoring Finn. LOL. How awkward and third-wheelish that must be.
@WhatGirl

In the German version it's actually a little obvious.
Kylo says "Jetzt sind es nur noch wir beide", directly translated that'd be "It's just us two now".

@Rimfaxe96 You know, I've heard a lot of German viewers are more open to the idea of Reylo. I'm pretty sure I've seen you mention it. I reckon it's because of the dialogue changes to fit the scene, it seems to be far more open, compared to the subtlety of the original English dialogue. Is there anything else more "open" in the German dub?

avatar
AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1489
Likes : 8255
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: French language version of TFA and interesting things

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Fri 24 Jun - 22:55

AppleCrumble122 wrote:@Rimfaxe96 You know, I've heard a lot of German viewers are more open to the idea of Reylo. I'm pretty sure I've seen you mention it. I reckon it's because of the dialogue changes to fit the scene, it seems to be far more open, compared to the subtlety of the original English dialogue. Is there anything else more "open" in the German dub?

@AppleCrumble122

You know how in the TFA novelization it's said that he 'spoke softly'? That was hella obvious in the German dub. I guess more subtle clues are how while he held Mitaka by the throat he said "What woman?" (instead of the English dub "What girl?"), and then in Takodana it's back to "The girl I've heard so much about". And yes, people generally don't seem to care about shipping wars here - in fact those people who are still critical about Kylo Ren as a character just say that his interest in Rey is just another weakness for him as evil character (but they're in the minority from what I've seen, most are just amused by the reylo vibes and making jokes about it).

The only reason why German fans are not commonly in the reylo camp is because of that goddamned vision scene. Because only very few people gather information, interviews etc the Reywalker scenario is still thought to be the most likely outcome. Thankfully, they're not aggressive about it (and interestingly I've yet to see a Finn x Rey comment anywhere - no vibes from these two in the German dub at all, which I believe is the reason so many people are keeping reylo in the back of their minds).
avatar
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1068
Likes : 5795
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 21
Localisation : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: French language version of TFA and interesting things

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Fri 24 Jun - 23:37

Rimfaxe96 wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:@Rimfaxe96 You know, I've heard a lot of German viewers are more open to the idea of Reylo. I'm pretty sure I've seen you mention it. I reckon it's because of the dialogue changes to fit the scene, it seems to be far more open, compared to the subtlety of the original English dialogue. Is there anything else more "open" in the German dub?

@AppleCrumble122

You know how in the TFA novelization it's said that he 'spoke softly'? That was hella obvious in the German dub. I guess more subtle clues are how while he held Mitaka by the throat he said "What woman?" (instead of the English dub "What girl?"), and then in Takodana it's back to "The girl I've heard so much about". And yes, people generally don't seem to care about shipping wars here - in fact those people who are still critical about Kylo Ren as a character just say that his interest in Rey is just another weakness for him as evil character (but they're in the minority from what I've seen, most are just amused by the reylo vibes and making jokes about it).

The only reason why German fans are not commonly in the reylo camp is because of that goddamned vision scene. Because only very few people gather information, interviews etc the Reywalker scenario is still thought to be the most likely outcome. Thankfully, they're not aggressive about it (and interestingly I've yet to see a Finn x Rey comment anywhere - no vibes from these two in the German dub at all, which I believe is the reason so many people are keeping reylo in the back of their minds).
@Rimfaxe96

That is very interesting! Thank you kindly for that! Aw, now I wanna see the interrogation scene in german just to hear what it sounds like lol. Although the Lego game is coming out in a few days so I might look for German youtube playthroughs to hear it Wink.
avatar
AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1489
Likes : 8255
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: French language version of TFA and interesting things

Post by Slade on Fri 24 Jun - 23:40

Rimfaxe96 wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:Dang! To be honest, I was a little skeptical when people were saying that he was speaking only to Rey. I really thought he was talking to both of them. But now I'm starting to think otherwise.

So when Kylo says, "It's just us now," he's completely ignoring Finn. LOL. How awkward and third-wheelish that must be.
@WhatGirl

In the German version it's actually a little obvious.
Kylo says "Jetzt sind es nur noch wir beide", directly translated that'd be "It's just us two now".

In the meantime Finn:
@Rimfaxe96


avatar
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 930
Likes : 3255
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: French language version of TFA and interesting things

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Fri 24 Jun - 23:40

AppleCrumble122 wrote:That is very interesting! Thank you kindly for that! Aw, now I wanna see the interrogation scene in german just to hear what it sounds like lol. Although the Lego game is coming out in a few days so I might look for German youtube playthroughs to hear it Wink.
@AppleCrumble122

His voice is softer, youthful. People were shocked when it was revealed he was 29. xD
avatar
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1068
Likes : 5795
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 21
Localisation : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: French language version of TFA and interesting things

Post by Slade on Fri 24 Jun - 23:44

Blarg, my message didn't post. I was expressing glee at the German " it's just us two now."
avatar
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 930
Likes : 3255
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum