How will the FO find Ahch-To?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How will the FO find Ahch-To?

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Fri 10 Jun - 9:43

This question has been nagging me for some time now.

Options I've come up with:

- Somebody betrays the Resistance/a spy giving the location of Ahch-To away to the FO
- During the attack on the Resistance (in which Leia is rumored to be injured and fall into a coma) they grab a prisoner or two and get the information via interrogation/torture/mind probe (or maybe just search through the Resistance's data and find it that way)
- The FO is able to track the Millenium Falcon thanks to their advanced technologies (or because of the MF's outdated technologies - in TFA Han Solo said that the MF was easy to track, although that might have been just for storytelling convenience, who knows)

Two more interesting options based on Daisy Ridley letting "...where I/aka Rey and Adam/aka Kylo Ren find the force or something..." slip during an interview, IF these two characters do end up having a mind link/force bond or whatever;
- Kylo uses that link/bond to locate Rey himself
- Snoke pulls an Apocalypse (watch X-Men: Apocalypse if you don't get this reference - really good movie btw) and uses their link through Kylo to locate her (since Ren might not be powerful enough to track her through outer space; Snoke on the other hand has already proven to be capable of such things, since he influenced Ben Solo from a great distance for years and also communicated with Rey after she struck down Kylo, encouraging her to kill him)

Any more ideas, thoughts?
avatar
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1078
Likes : 5832
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 21
Localisation : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: How will the FO find Ahch-To?

Post by Darth_Awakened on Fri 10 Jun - 10:35

I think that it would be Kylo using the mind link somehow alone (or with the Snoke s help).
I also think that the rest of FO no need to know about that at all.

_________________
Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Director
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Moderator

Messages : 3718
Likes : 17035
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: How will the FO find Ahch-To?

Post by panki on Fri 10 Jun - 11:15

I can imagine three scenarios explaining how the FO tracks the Millennium Falcon....I'll call them possible, plausible and bizarre.....

1. Possible:
In the Poe Dameron comics, someone places a tracker on his ship when he goes searching for Lor San Tekka and the FO is able to locate him as a result of this.... so there must be some FO spy in the resistance base... this person could have sent the co-ordinates of Ach-to to the FO.

2. Plausible:
Rey and Kylo have a force bond....Snoke could use Kylo's blood in an old sith ritual to not only track Rey but also mess with her mind.....Palpatine does this in the Clone Wars (canon) using Dooku's blood to find Yoda and try to bring him to the dark side (Yoda and Dooku shared a force bond).



3. Bizarre:
Boba Fett placed a tracker on the MF in the OT and he used it to locate Han, Leia and Chewie when they tried to hide on Bespin in ESB.....We've been given hints that Boba survived the sarlaac pit in the Aftermath novel.....could Boba himself or someone else have reactivated that old tracker?

_________________


We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 3002
Likes : 10978
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: How will the FO find Ahch-To?

Post by Gemini on Fri 10 Jun - 11:39

Probably through kylos connection with Rey

Like the Nights King and bran
avatar
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2280
Likes : 9718
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: How will the FO find Ahch-To?

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Fri 10 Jun - 13:08

@panki

Damn, I still need to get the Poe comics. I can't believe BB-8 could overlook a tracker on his ship. Shocked And thanks for mentioning the part about Boba; I doubt he'll have a role in this trilogy, but perhaps in a future one or in a spinoff.

The blood ritual thing looks pretty epic too.
avatar
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1078
Likes : 5832
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 21
Localisation : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: How will the FO find Ahch-To?

Post by panki on Fri 10 Jun - 14:31

Rimfaxe96 wrote:@panki

Damn, I still need to get the Poe comics. I can't believe BB-8 could overlook a tracker on his ship. Shocked And thanks for mentioning the part about Boba; I doubt he'll have a role in this trilogy, but perhaps in a future one or in a spinoff.

The blood ritual thing looks pretty epic too.
@Rimfaxe96

Bb-8 is adorable Razz He discovers the tracker on Poe's ship and he even saves Poe's life later in the story..... The Poe comics are a good read, especially because of BB-8 Smile





I also think Boba Fett will appear in a spin off movie.....they'll probably show his life after surviving the sarlaac pit......that tracker he put on the MF probably no longer works anyway.

_________________


We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 3002
Likes : 10978
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: How will the FO find Ahch-To?

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Fri 10 Jun - 14:49

@panki

I knew BB-8 was the real hero of this trilogy Razz
Rey should have taken him along to Ahch-To. With his/her help, she'd be in truly save... antennae?
avatar
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1078
Likes : 5832
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 21
Localisation : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: How will the FO find Ahch-To?

Post by snufkin on Fri 10 Jun - 15:13

I'm kind of bummed it sounds like Rey and BB-8 won't be together in the next movie because it was like the little kid who's madly in love with his babysitter. I'm a big grouchy cynic and those two were legit sweet together.

It'd have to be through a mental connection, either he managed to get it when they were fooling around in the Force or later on through amental connection. Then again he seems like the type of guy who probably Facebook stalks his crush, so maybe she changed her profile picture to her and Luke, so he put two and two together (also hey no Finn there, so maybe he has a chance with her). Definitely NOT through Snoke or the FO. If Snoke's willing to just blow up an entire system to basically keep Leia from reaching Luke, he'd have no issue with dispatching ground/air forces to Ache-to. Sounds like one of those "personal interest" type situations.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5853
Likes : 24908
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: How will the FO find Ahch-To?

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Fri 10 Jun - 15:25

snufkin wrote:Definitely NOT through Snoke or the FO. If Snoke's willing to just blow up an entire system to basically keep Leia from reaching Luke, he'd have no issue with dispatching ground/air forces to Ache-to. Sounds like one of those "personal interest" type situations.
@snufkin

But SKB is gone now, so no blowing up planets anymore. And what if Ren and the other Rens are the ground forces Snoke dispatches to get/kill them? Could be another 'test of allegiance' for Kylo to kill his uncle, or at least test of power (not sure how many failures Snoke can accept).

Snoke could use them as 'treasure hunters' as well; don't tell me there are no secret, mysterious artifacts, knowledge or powers hidden away in the friggin' ancient Jedi Temple #1?

Of course, we don't know how or if the KoR and the FO work closely together. They were described as a 'satellite group' by Adam Driver, but if they're listening to Kylo only he might have some room for improvisation on how he wants to deal with this mission.
avatar
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1078
Likes : 5832
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 21
Localisation : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: How will the FO find Ahch-To?

Post by snufkin on Fri 10 Jun - 16:25

Rimfaxe96 wrote:
snufkin wrote:Definitely NOT through Snoke or the FO. If Snoke's willing to just blow up an entire system to basically keep Leia from reaching Luke, he'd have no issue with dispatching ground/air forces to Ache-to. Sounds like one of those "personal interest" type situations.
@snufkin

But SKB is gone now, so no blowing up planets anymore. And what if Ren and the other Rens are the ground forces Snoke dispatches to get/kill them? Could be another 'test of allegiance' for Kylo to kill his uncle, or at least test of power (not sure how many failures Snoke can accept).

Snoke could use them as 'treasure hunters' as well; don't tell me there are no secret, mysterious artifacts, knowledge or powers hidden away in the friggin' ancient Jedi Temple #1?

Of course, we don't know how or if the KoR and the FO work closely together. They were described as a 'satellite group' by Adam Driver, but if they're listening to Kylo only he might have some room for improvisation on how he wants to deal with this mission.
@Rimfaxe96

That may be what happens, though Snoke seems trigger happy and paranoid enough that he'd just send a fleet after Luke. But that would be plausible. Will be interesting to see if he knows given the stranded together rumors.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5853
Likes : 24908
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: How will the FO find Ahch-To?

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 10 Jun - 16:47

To answer the original question in this thread, I think that having the Millennium Falcon tracked in some way provides probably the easiest answer that requires the least amount of exposition. It's not the most interesting or romantic option, but I can't shake the way that they made such a big deal about the Falcon being "easily trackable" in TFA. I mean, the whole point of the visit to Maz's was so that Han could ditch the Falcon for a less trackable ship.

I also think it's quite possible that he got part of or all of the map while they were "finding the Force" in that saberlock. I think it's pretty clear they got back into each other's minds again there, and who knows what they found (in addition to Rey downloading the ability to beat him).

Although I, personally, love the idea of a Force Bond, I'm still a little skeptical that that's what they're going with. Although hearing the MSW guys refer to a "mind link" does give some hope in that regard. I know that I've mentioned this before, but to me, the most clever way of him using a Force Bond to find them was something used in a fanfic... There was a scene where Rey was looking at the stars on Ahch-To, and he was able to see through her eyes and went and triangulated her location based on the stars/constellations. Very in-character, IMO, and doesn't require them to get into dreamsharing or mind-reading across the galaxy or anything like that.
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4588
Likes : 23783
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: How will the FO find Ahch-To?

Post by snufkin on Fri 10 Jun - 17:09

@ISeeAnIsland - you would think after the # of times that the MF has been tracked, at the least Chewie would've ordered one of those devices that people use to scramble speed trap checks.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5853
Likes : 24908
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: How will the FO find Ahch-To?

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 10 Jun - 17:22

snufkin wrote:@ISeeAnIsland - you would think after the # of times that the MF has been tracked, at the least Chewie would've ordered one of those devices that people use to scramble speed trap checks.
@snufkin

But those were busted on Mythbusters!

Also, on the topic of whether this is a sanctioned trip by Snoke or an instance of Rogue! Kylo, I keep going back and forth on that.

I think I'd be on board with Rogue! Kylo and his band of merry knights, if it wasn't for the "Kylo wants to kill Rey" thing. To me, Kylo-wanting-to-kill-Rey smacks of Snoke's influence. And if he's back under Snoke's thumb again, is he going to go rogue?

But yeah, if it's a Snoke-directed mission, then it seems like maybe it's another test? After having Kylo "finish his training"? Either that, or there's something there that Snoke wants, and that's why the FO didn't do a blitzkrieg-style attack on the island.

_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4588
Likes : 23783
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: How will the FO find Ahch-To?

Post by Macha Ren on Fri 10 Jun - 17:25

I think Kylo uses his link to find her. But then didn't think it through and Snoke sent the First Order after him.

Best intentions and all that, Kylo. But you didn't pay attention to whom was following you.

That said, did Kylo know his own belt was tracked in TFA? Because if not, he pretty much give sup Ahch-To to Snoke because of his own obliviousness.
avatar
Macha Ren
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 137
Likes : 936
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-22
Localisation : Wherever I go is where I am

Back to top Go down

Re: How will the FO find Ahch-To?

Post by snufkin on Fri 10 Jun - 17:51

@ISeeAnIsland but this is a long time ago in a galaxy far far away from Mythbusters! I'd vote for it being dispatched on behalf of Snoke as both another test of killing his compassion (which hopefully fails) and also BlackOps to snatch/destroy more ancient Jedi history. Rest of military operation would be the rumored FO blitz on the Resistance which injures Leia and forces Poe to step up and take charge. They have to be alone long enough off the grid for him to try and work both angles of following through with mission and following personal interests. Like others, I'd love to see it become a going rogue/Ronin situation. The 7 Samurai was about ronin samurai teaming up with a village of underdogs (where one of the main allies is a young woman who falls in love w/the young aristocratic samurai) to take on the Big Bad. Although from the rumors it doesn't sound like it'll play that way out exactly.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5853
Likes : 24908
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: How will the FO find Ahch-To?

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 10 Jun - 18:11

snufkin wrote:@ISeeAnIsland but this is a long time ago in a galaxy far far away from Mythbusters! I'd vote for it being dispatched on behalf of Snoke as both another test of killing his compassion (which hopefully fails) and also BlackOps to snatch/destroy more ancient Jedi history. Rest of military operation would be the rumored FO blitz on the Resistance which injures Leia and forces Poe to step up and take charge. They have to be alone long enough off the grid for him to try and work both angles of following through with mission and following personal interests. Like others, I'd love to see it become a going rogue/Ronin situation. The 7 Samurai was about ronin samurai teaming up with a village of underdogs (where one of the main allies is a young woman who falls in love w/the young aristocratic samurai) to take on the Big Bad. Although from the rumors it doesn't sound like it'll play that way out exactly.
@snufkin

There you go. That's the perfect explanation for why it's just Kylo and the KOR. And we know that that big attack on the Resistance takes place fairly early in the movie.

And if the goal of this trilogy is to get the audience cheering for Kylo by the end, he's going to have to break from the FO/go rogue by the end of VIII (IMO) to do that believably.

_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4588
Likes : 23783
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: How will the FO find Ahch-To?

Post by snufkin on Fri 10 Jun - 18:44

@ISeeAnIsland - it sounds like their usual MO, keep the BlackOps on the D/L for separate missions. Interesting if he knows about the main blitz incapacitating his mother. And maybe why it takes awhile for back-up to arrive, long enough for loyalties to shift and maybe undo some of his brainwashing.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5853
Likes : 24908
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: How will the FO find Ahch-To?

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sat 11 Jun - 1:35

snufkin wrote:@ISeeAnIsland - it sounds like their usual MO, keep the BlackOps on the D/L for separate missions. Interesting if he knows about the main blitz incapacitating his mother. And maybe why it takes awhile for back-up to arrive, long enough for loyalties to shift and maybe undo some of his brainwashing.
@snufkin

Exactly. Kylo seems to be Snoke's targeted black ops guy, while Hux is like the "just blow it all up"/large campaign guy.

avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3428
Likes : 15409
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: How will the FO find Ahch-To?

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Sun 12 Jun - 16:37

ISeeAnIsland wrote:I think I'd be on board with Rogue! Kylo and his band of merry knights, if it wasn't for the "Kylo wants to kill Rey" thing. To me, Kylo-wanting-to-kill-Rey smacks of Snoke's influence. And if he's back under Snoke's thumb again, is he going to go rogue?

But yeah, if it's a Snoke-directed mission, then it seems like maybe it's another test? After having Kylo "finish his training"? Either that, or there's something there that Snoke wants, and that's why the FO didn't do a blitzkrieg-style attack on the island.
@ISeeAnIsland

I laughed waaay too hard at the 'merry band' part. Embarassed

Anyway - why couldn't it be both? I mean Kylo is obviously still under Snoke's thumb, just a little shaken up at the end of TFA. He could still go rogue on Ahch-To, he just needs some sort of incentive to do so. And that could be about anything as long as he finds that incentive himself - not with Luke or Rey involved. This might be what the 'stranded on the island' part is all about ('cause I doubt he's going to stick to his enemies, in case the rumor of Luke killing all the KoR is true).

avatar
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1078
Likes : 5832
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 21
Localisation : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: How will the FO find Ahch-To?

Post by panki on Sun 12 Jun - 16:58

SoloSideCousin wrote:
snufkin wrote:@ISeeAnIsland - it sounds like their usual MO, keep the BlackOps on the D/L for separate missions. Interesting if he knows about the main blitz incapacitating his mother. And maybe why it takes awhile for back-up to arrive, long enough for loyalties to shift and maybe undo some of his brainwashing.
@snufkin

Exactly. Kylo seems to be Snoke's targeted black ops guy, while Hux is like the "just blow it all up"/large campaign guy.

@SoloSideCousin

Hehe... I love the analogy Very Happy

_________________


We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 3002
Likes : 10978
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: How will the FO find Ahch-To?

Post by Saracene on Sun 12 Jun - 23:33

ISeeAnIsland wrote:To answer the original question in this thread, I think that having the Millennium Falcon tracked in some way provides probably the easiest answer that requires the least amount of exposition. It's not the most interesting or romantic option, but I can't shake the way that they made such a big deal about the Falcon being "easily trackable" in TFA. I mean, the whole point of the visit to Maz's was so that Han could ditch the Falcon for a less trackable ship.
@ISeeAnIsland

I hope that's not the explanation, since it makes the good guys look really dumb if they leave on an important mission on a ship they know is easily trackable. I really dislike the "characters act in inexplicably stupid ways so that plot can move forward" writing, though of course it happens a lot in movies.
avatar
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1466
Likes : 8411
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 37
Localisation : Melbourne

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How will the FO find Ahch-To?

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Mon 13 Jun - 16:57

Saracene wrote:I hope that's not the explanation, since it makes the good guys look really dumb if they leave on an important mission on a ship they know is easily trackable. I really dislike the "characters act in inexplicably stupid ways so that plot can move forward" writing, though of course it happens a lot in movies.
@Saracene

Plus it would be somewhat repetitive, since Hux found D'Qar in exactly the same way. Neutral
avatar
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1078
Likes : 5832
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 21
Localisation : Germany

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum