Hanleia vs Anidala-which romance did you prefer?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hanleia vs Anidala-which romance did you prefer?

Post by snufkin on Sun 23 Apr - 17:47

@ReyofLightSide wrote:I prefer Hanleia. I expected the Anidala romance to be epic and it just ....wasn't.
@ReyofLightSide

As a kid when I saw the original movies, I had expected from what Obi-Wan originally tells Luke that it was meant to be something like Camelot, the Star Wars equivalent of Lancelot and Guinevere. Which yeah, it wasn't even if you think Obi-Wan the liar said that to spare Luke the actual truth and feed into his idealism. More like Diane Court from Say Anything and her meathead jock boyfriend.  Or in Shakespearean terms, the OT was Benedick and Beatrice but the PT failed at being Romeo and Juliet. So we might be seeing another (hopefully less tragic) version in the ST. I have thought the island scenario might be like The Tempest, with Miranda and Ferdinand/Caliban, who are far less tragic in the end.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Re: Hanleia vs Anidala-which romance did you prefer?

Post by Birdwoman on Wed 17 May - 3:19

http://www.gamesradar.com/the-original-star-wars-revenge-of-the-sith-ending-had-padme-found-the-rebel-alliance-and-almost-kill-anakin/

Now, if only we had this Padme....there might not be so much angst about Star Wars romance.

Birdwoman
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum