Welcome! Get Yourself Known (and post your introduction)

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Welcome! Get Yourself Known (and post your introduction)

Post by vaderito on Sat 26 Mar - 23:07

this gonna be good if we can WOM this forum to Reylos everywhere, especially who are on Tumblr and would love to post on a forum that's antis free aka Mods are REYLOS!
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ohtze on Sat 26 Mar - 23:18

@vaderito wrote:this gonna be good if we can WOM this forum to Reylos everywhere, especially who are on Tumblr and would love to post on a forum that's antis free aka Mods are REYLOS!

Be VERY careful with the tumblr, how you spread it, and who you spread it to. Like tbh when I read over some of the drama in Reylo threads 1 and 2 it seemed pretty "anti" culture to me, just spoken in a really lowkey way to avoid outright banning. I think they might have found out about the-place-that-shall-not-be-named, especially in the past few weeks. And like, I gotta come clean: cuz I've got so many readers I had/potentially still have a major camper problem, and awhile ago I mentioned the forums and its relation to reylo, and how positive it was, and its entirely possible that some of them found out that way. I am so sorry for that.

So, like, the lesson from this: find a way to build the forum for all the positive folks, including those on tumblr, but do it in a lowkey way that won't jeopardize the new place while you're still making it strong (if that makes sense).

Last edited by Ohtze on Sun 27 Mar - 1:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarity)
Ohtze
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 26 Mar - 23:20

Agreed 100% with Ohtze. I had thought about putting the word out on tumblr, but I'm going to refrain for now. If anything, only do it through private messages. There's a few friends on there that I've made that I'm sure would love this place, but a PM is best.

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 26 Mar - 23:21

Oh I don't know anyone so I wouldn't spread but people who know reliable ones that would be interested could.

I meant it through PM channels. Not on public Tumblr site.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Sat 26 Mar - 23:28

Nothing can stop Reylo....and Daisy definitely ships it secretly...
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Ren's 8-Pack on Sat 26 Mar - 23:39

Yeah, i seem to get the impression Daisy is really enjoying the whole 'Reylo' movement.

But in all honestly...how could she not enjoy seeing her and Adam Driver 'put together'..?
The fan art alone must make her giggle.

Laughing
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 26 Mar - 23:42

@Kylo Ren's 8-Pack wrote:Yeah, i seem to get the impression Daisy is really enjoying the whole 'Reylo' movement.

But in all honestly...how could she not enjoy seeing her and Adam Driver 'put together'..?

Laughing

Someone on Tumblr who talked to Adam (some business deal, not an interview but person gets to do that with lots of celebs) says that for someone who isn't on social media, he's VERY well informed that fans ship Kylo with Rey and Hux. Aka knows about Reylo and Kylux. In short, shipping is discussed on the set, in Disney offices, among cast, crew, etc.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Sat 26 Mar - 23:43

She likes all the emotional Reylo art...'Beautiful' she said
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Sat 26 Mar - 23:50

Good evening all,

Thank you for inviting me to join this forum, I'm fuming over what happened at the other place.

BTW, I was Diddy Minty over there, but I thought I'd go for a change of name on here. Laughing

I joined the other place because it was the first thing that came up when I Googled "Rey and Kylo Ren chemistry." I never thought I would be joining another forum to discuss Reylo or any other ship for that matter! Shocked Laughing

I'm too old for this ****! Contrary to popular belief, I'm not a Twilight loving tween or a 50 Shades of Grey devotee, but a woman in her early 40s! I've been a Star Wars fan for as long as I can remember. The prequel trilogy kinda killed my love for it for a while. But I just re-watched the PT and rather enjoyed it. I certainly have a lot more sympathy for Anakin and Padme now. I wasn't even sure if I was going to bother watching The Force Awakens when it came out, now look at me! Kylo Ren, you have a lot to answer for! Wink Laughing

I look forward to lots more chat with you all.
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 26 Mar - 23:51

Reylo fanart is the most gorgeous SW art ever because they have the right mix of romance, tragedy, fun, Dark/Light, action, foreboding, subtext, etc that fires creative people's imagination.

Diddy, you are playing with fire, Rey's gonna slice you for stealing her hubby.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Sat 26 Mar - 23:53

@vaderito wrote:
@Kylo Ren's 8-Pack wrote:Yeah, i seem to get the impression Daisy is really enjoying the whole 'Reylo' movement.

Laughing

Someone on Tumblr who talked to Adam (some business deal, not an interview but person gets to do that with lots of celebs) says that for someone who isn't on social media, he's VERY well informed that fans ship Kylo with Rey and Hux. Aka knows about Reylo and Kylux. In short, shipping is discussed on the set, in Disney offices, among cast, crew, etc.

wow...awesome Very Happy
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 26 Mar - 23:55

yeah, they monitor those things like hawks and tell cast about so cast could be supportive of all fandoms. Someone must ask AD at SDCC next year if Kylo's a virgin. I know in my heart that he is but AD will blush and that makes the question worth it.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Sat 26 Mar - 23:59

@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Good evening all,

Thank you for inviting me to join this forum, I'm fuming over what happened at the other place.

BTW, I was Diddy Minty over there, but I thought I'd go for a change of name on here. Laughing

I joined the other place because it was the first thing that came up when I Googled "Rey and Kylo Ren chemistry." I never thought I would be joining another forum to discuss Reylo or any other ship for that matter! Shocked Laughing

I'm too old for this ****! Contrary to popular belief, I'm not a Twilight loving tween or a 50 Shades of Grey devotee, but a woman in her early 40s! I've been a Star Wars fan for as long as I can remember. The prequel trilogy kinda killed my love for it for a while. But I just re-watched the PT and rather enjoyed it. I certainly have a lot more sympathy for Anakin and Padme now. I wasn't even sure if I was going to bother watching The Force Awakens when it came out, now look at me! Kylo Ren, you have a lot to answer for! Wink Laughing

I look forward to lots more chat with you all.
Welcome Diddy! You always put up a good fight in the redemption thread. Yeah I do not understand where the twilight and 50 shades comparisons come from, has a Reylo shipper ever actually referenced those? Seems like an anti way just to be condescending.
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Sun 27 Mar - 0:00

@Mana wrote:Nothing can stop Reylo....and Daisy definitely ships it secretly...

Like Kylo said, "nothing will stand in our way..." Wink
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Sun 27 Mar - 0:01

@vaderito wrote:Reylo fanart is the most gorgeous SW art ever because they have the right mix of romance, tragedy, fun, Dark/Light, action, foreboding, subtext, etc that fires creative people's imagination.

Diddy, you are playing with fire, Rey's gonna slice you for stealing her hubby.

Rey gets virgin!Kylo, I only get him in my dreams! Sad
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 27 Mar - 0:04

Rey pops Kylo's cherry Kylo pops Rey's cherry Diddy dreams about it. Laughing
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Sun 27 Mar - 0:08

@BastilaBey wrote:
Welcome Diddy! You always put up a good fight in the redemption thread. Yeah I do not understand where the twilight and 50 shades comparisons come from, has a Reylo shipper ever actually referenced those? Seems like an anti way just to be condescending.

Hi and thank you! There are some right condescending pearl-clutchers in that thread!

Yeah, I did notice an undertone of (and sometimes in-your-face) sexism from some quarters over there.
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Sun 27 Mar - 0:09

@vaderito wrote:Rey pops Kylo's cherry Kylo pops Rey's cherry Diddy dreams about it. Laughing

Ha, I don't know about dreaming about it... I am writing fanfiction about it though! Embarassed
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 27 Mar - 0:11

OMG, you are writing "Virgin!Kylo and Virgin!Rey pop their cherry and learn how to be kinky" fanfic?
Yes, please!
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ohtze on Sun 27 Mar - 0:17

@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@BastilaBey wrote:

Hi and thank you! There are some right condescending pearl-clutchers in that thread!

Yeah, I did notice an undertone of (and sometimes in-your-face) sexism from some quarters over there.
I feel like I am getting a LIL' bit off topic here (and if I am, mods let me know and direct me to the appropriate thread), but that 50 shades stuff actually came from a tumblr user. Basically this dude made a really condescending post shortly after TFA came out, saying we were all 15yr old girls brainwashed into liking abusive relationships by Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey. It gained a TON of notes. Like a TON. It was the most popular anti post on tumblr - 27 000 notes and counting - and ngl it was incredibly upsetting. It's still up and gaining notes.

Last edited by Ohtze on Sun 27 Mar - 1:02; edited 1 time in total
Ohtze
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 27 Mar - 0:21

@Ohtze wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@BastilaBey wrote:

I feel like I am getting a LIL' bit off topic here (and if I am, mods let me know and direct me to the appropriate thread), but that 50 shades tripe actually came from a tumblr user. Basically this dude made a really condescending post shortly after TFA came out, saying we were all 15yr old girls brainwashed into liking abusive relationships by Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey. It gained a TON of notes. Like a TON. It was the most popular anti post on tumblr - 27 000 notes and counting - and ngl it was absolutely rage inducing. It's still up and gaining notes.

It's really interesting to me that most antis are also crossover Finnrey shippers yet they cannot muster any passion for that ship. Their passion for hating Reylo far exceeds anything they feel for the ship they supposedly support. I guess that's because Finnrey is really a SJW fantasy without any narrative backing. So they have nothing to hold onto or talk about but that one-two social justice boxes that it ticks.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Sun 27 Mar - 0:22

@vaderito wrote:OMG, you are writing "Virgin!Kylo and Virgin!Rey pop their cherry and learn how to be kinky" fanfic?
Yes, please!

Well, it's a slow burn kind-of-thing and I'm not sure how explicit the sex scenes will be. I've written M rated stuff before and I personally prefer leaving some things to the imagination. Good smut is hard to write, at least, I think so. I hate cringe-making metaphors and deciding what words to use for private parts. I'm no prude, but a lot of smut ends up being either too descriptive or too blunt for my tastes.

Anyway, if I crack on with my writing, I should be ready to start posting it soon, and then you can all judge for yourselves! Smile

Last edited by Mrs Ben Solo on Sun 27 Mar - 0:25; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Sun 27 Mar - 0:22

@Ohtze wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@BastilaBey wrote:

I feel like I am getting a LIL' bit off topic here (and if I am, mods let me know and direct me to the appropriate thread), but that 50 shades tripe actually came from a tumblr user. Basically this dude made a really condescending post shortly after TFA came out, saying we were all 15yr old girls brainwashed into liking abusive relationships by Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey. It gained a TON of notes. Like a TON. It was the most popular anti post on tumblr - 27 000 notes and counting - and ngl it was absolutely rage inducing. It's still up and gaining notes.
That is so idiotic I barely know what to say. Aside from the fact that Rey kicks Ren's butt on more than one occasion - she is far from a damsel in distress - has this dude not heard of gothic literature? Byronic heroes? We don't need people telling us what to find sexy, or what might be damaging. That's so patronizing.
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Sun 27 Mar - 0:23

JJ Abrams and Larry Kasden ship Reylo harder than any shipper alive..if the anti's have a problem with it they can take it up with the writers and film makers, and not the people who saw things that were clearly meant to be seen....idiots

Last edited by Mana on Sun 27 Mar - 0:24; edited 1 time in total
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum