Welcome! Get Yourself Known (and post your introduction)

Page 27 of 41 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Welcome! Get Yourself Known (and post your introduction)

Post by Maria Antonietta on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 6:22 pm

@Convor wrote:Hello, I'm Convor! I'm a big fan of Star Wars and the symbolism behind it.
@Convor

welcome! cheers cheers cheers
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 11 Mar 2017, 9:44 am

@Convor wrote:Thank you! It is nice to be with other Star Wars fans!
@Convor

Welcome! We hope you enjoy it here.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Sat 11 Mar 2017, 9:50 am

@Convor wrote:Thank you! It is nice to be with other Star Wars fans!
@Convor

Heeey, welcome to the forums!
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatGirl on Sat 11 Mar 2017, 11:27 am

@Convor

Welcome to the forum. Smile I like your username and icon. Looking forward to seeing some convorees in TLJ!
WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 12 Mar 2017, 5:48 pm

Welcome, @Convor! We look forward to getting to know you!
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 1:01 pm

Hey everyone! Smile I love the Star Wars movies. I'm also a huge fan of the Kotor games. I was super excited for TFA but I was surprised when it quickly became my favorite Star Wars movie. I also didn't expect to find myself shipping Kylo and Rey, but it just seemed so obvious to me the second time I watched the movie (I didn't even wait a week before seeing it in theaters a second time, haha).

Anyway, nice to meet you all. I really wish I had found this forum earlier! :3

Kat
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 1:01 pm

@Kat wrote:Hey everyone! Smile I love the Star Wars movies. I'm also a huge fan of the Kotor games. I was super excited for TFA but I was surprised when it quickly became my favorite Star Wars movie. I also didn't expect to find myself shipping Kylo and Rey, but it just seemed so obvious to me the second time I watched the movie (I didn't even wait a week before seeing it in theaters a second time, haha).

Anyway, nice to meet you all. I really wish I had found this forum earlier! :3
@Kat

Heyyyyy fellow KOTOR fan! Hi and welcome! Very Happy

The stars wouldn't shine so bright without a little darkness.
GIF source: [X]

Bonjour ma cousine,
Bonjour mon cousin germain,
On m'a dit que vous m'aimiez,
Est-ce bien la vérité?
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Passez par ici et vous par là,
Bonjour ma cousine et puis voilà!

Irina de France

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 1:32 pm

@Irina de France

Thanks!  I was actually a fan of Kotor before the movies.  I had seen the movies as a kid but didn't even remember them that well as I got older.  I played Kotor I and II as a teenager and decided to rewatch the movies (well, I skipped the prequels) and fell in love.

Kat
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 10:27 am

Hello, all Smile

I've been visiting this forum for a while now and finally decided to join so I can interact a bit.
I'm 30, female, married, two kids. I majored in Japanese in college.

My SW fandom has developed gradually through my life. My bros watched the original trilogy movies at home growing up and then the prequels came out when I was in middle school and high school. When TFA came out I had a baby and a toddler at home so I missed seeing it in theaters, but was anxiously awaiting the DVD release. I didn't have high expectations because of the Disney association, and because the prequels weren't great, but I was blown away, and now my fandom is at an all time high, lol Razz

I'm really hoping that Rey turns out to be a Kenobi because I love Obi Wan, but I have a feeling that she really will be a "nobody." Also, I came away from the first viewing conflicted because it seemed like Kylo might develop feelings for Rey, but at the same time it might have been hinted that she's Luke's daughter. After reading the novelization, my idea of a romantic vibe between the heroine and "villain" was cemented, but ultimately, I'm guessing that it's going to be chalked up to a villainous crush. I hate to get my hopes up too high Wink My husband thinks I'm over analyzing everything and doesn't understand my fascination with Kylo Ren, ha, so I need someone else discuss the story with while waiting for The Last Jedi.
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 10:39 am

@Kat wrote:
@Irina de France

Thanks!  I was actually a fan of Kotor before the movies.  I had seen the movies as a kid but didn't even remember them that well as I got older.  I played Kotor I and II as a teenager and decided to rewatch the movies (well, I skipped the prequels) and fell in love.
@Kat

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Hello, all Smile

I've been visiting this forum for a while now and finally decided to join so I can interact a bit.

My SW fandom has developed gradually through my life. My bros watched the original trilogy movies at home growing up and then the prequels came out when I was in middle school and high school. When TFA came out I had a baby and a toddler at home so I missed seeing it in theaters, but was anxiously awaiting the DVD release. I didn't have high expectations because of the Disney association, and because the prequels weren't great, but I was blown away, and now my fandom is at an all time high, lol Razz

I'm really hoping that Rey turns out to be a Kenobi because I love Obi Wan, but I have a feeling that she really will be a "nobody." Also, I came away from the first viewing conflicted because it seemed like Kylo might develop feelings for Rey, but at the same time it might have been hinted that she's Luke's daughter. After reading the novelization, my idea of a romantic vibe between the heroine and "villain" was cemented, but ultimately, I'm guessing that it's going to be chalked up to a villainous crush. I hate to get my hopes up too high Wink My husband thinks I'm over analyzing everything and doesn't understand my fascination with Kylo Ren, ha, so I need someone else discuss the story with while waiting for The Last Jedi.
@Cowgirlsamurai

Welcome to both of you! Enjoy your time with us cheers
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo4life on Wed 12 Apr 2017, 10:03 am

Hello Everyone! I am a little late on introducing myself as I get so eager to read your wonderful threads! Thanks to your fellow member, @MeadowofAshes I found you all! It is so nice to be within a group that shares my same views and opinions! Like us all, I am a big Star Wars fan and along with my fiance, we are both attending celebration this year dressing up as Rey and Kylo! I can't wait! I also found this awesome dress to wear! Im sure ill get plenty of bad looks from all the antis Wink I also take saber classes at our local gym! I am so grateful and lucky to live in a city where others are just as enthusiastic about Star Wars as I am! Thanks again for everyone being so accepting and may the force be with you all!

Reylo4life
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo4life on Wed 12 Apr 2017, 10:10 am

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Hello, all Smile

@Cowgirlsamurai

Hello @Cowgirlsamurai I can totally relate! I am 29, no kids yet, but my soon-to-be husband thinks I'm always over analyzing everything too and doesn't get the Kylo Ren fascination either but just recently he was at the gym and mentioned we were big Star Wars fans and the guy said how his gf was way into Kylo as well. So nice to know we aren't alone! Especially here on this fabulous forum!
Reylo4life
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 12 Apr 2017, 10:25 am

@Reylo4life wrote:Hello Everyone! I am a little late on introducing myself as I get so eager to read your wonderful threads! Thanks to your fellow member, @MeadowofAshes I found you all! It is so nice to be within a group that shares my same views and opinions! Like us all, I am a big Star Wars fan and along with my fiance, we are both attending celebration this year dressing up as Rey and Kylo! I can't wait! I also found this awesome dress to wear! Im sure ill get plenty of bad looks from all the antis Wink I also take saber classes at our local gym! I am so grateful and lucky to live in a city where others are just as enthusiastic about Star Wars as I am! Thanks again for everyone being so accepting and may the force be with you all!

@Reylo4life

Welcome to our little community Smile
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Wed 12 Apr 2017, 11:26 am

@Reylo4life

You're lucky that your fiance is into Star Wars too! My husband likes the movies, but only on a pretty basic, surface level, and can't understand my need for further analysis. He side eyes me anytime I bring up Reylo, because he thinks I'm digging too deep. He's also a very busy guy, professionally, so I tease him that he just doesn't have the time to devote to a fandom like I do, ha! Our 4 year old son is just getting interested, so for me it's a very exciting time in our house Very Happy Our daughter is too young, but she points out all the droids and says, "BB-8!" so there is potential. Rey is a great female protagonist so I hope going forward, more little girls will see that SW is a story for them as well.
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo4life on Wed 12 Apr 2017, 1:14 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai I am glad to hear! I wish my mom was as cool as you are! Lucky kids! How exciting to see their reaction to the series as they grow up! Razz
Reylo4life
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Wed 12 Apr 2017, 5:29 pm

Hey, @Reylo4life! Welcome to the forums Smile
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by kylorey on Sat 22 Apr 2017, 11:43 am

Hello! I've been a Rey and Kylo fan since the premiere of TFA, and only now stumbled across this forum. Brief bit about myself: I'm 21, in college, and I spend most of my time daydreaming about books, movies, and tv shows. Like most of you, I love discussing Rey and Kylo's relationship - my obsession with Star Wars has been amped up to about 100% since TFA. No one in my real life is really interested in Star Wars talk, though, so I hope I can satisfy my need for discussion here!
kylorey
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Sat 22 Apr 2017, 11:55 am

@kylorey wrote:Hello! I've been a Rey and Kylo fan since the premiere of TFA, and only now stumbled across this forum. Brief bit about myself: I'm 21, in college, and I spend most of my time daydreaming about books, movies, and tv shows. Like most of you, I love discussing Rey and Kylo's relationship - my obsession with Star Wars has been amped up to about 100% since TFA. No one in my real life is really interested in Star Wars talk, though, so I hope I can satisfy my need for discussion here!
@kylorey

Welcome!! It's hard when none of you friends and family are as into a movie/show/book as much as you are, so this will be a good forum for you!! And yay for consistently daydreaming about books, movies, and tv shows Lolilol Approves

You think your dreams the same as mine.
I don't love you and I always will.
I wish you'd hold me when I turn my back,
I don't have a choice, I'd still choose you."
Poison and Wine by The Civil Wars

SheLitAFire

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 22 Apr 2017, 12:01 pm

@kylorey wrote:Hello! I've been a Rey and Kylo fan since the premiere of TFA, and only now stumbled across this forum. Brief bit about myself: I'm 21, in college, and I spend most of my time daydreaming about books, movies, and tv shows. Like most of you, I love discussing Rey and Kylo's relationship - my obsession with Star Wars has been amped up to about 100% since TFA. No one in my real life is really interested in Star Wars talk, though, so I hope I can satisfy my need for discussion here!
@kylorey
Welcome to the board! This sounds like just the place for you if you're looking for a place to discuss SW and the ST. Smile
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kylorey on Sat 22 Apr 2017, 12:06 pm

@SheLitAFire wrote:
@kylorey

Welcome!! It's hard when none of you friends and family are as into a movie/show/book as much as you are, so this will be a good forum for you!! And yay for consistently daydreaming about books, movies, and tv shows Lolilol Approves
@SheLitAFire

Thanks!! It's so reassuring when I meet people who have similar interests.  Jumping  Also, I love your Emily Bronte quote!
kylorey
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 41 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum