Welcome! Get Yourself Known (and post your introduction)

Page 31 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Welcome! Get Yourself Known (and post your introduction)

Post by Geralt_Riv on Mon 31 Jul - 20:56

@Marie Ren wrote:Hi! I'm 22 year-old from Japan but I'm studying in Australia! I definitely saw Kylo and Rey's connection the first time I watched the movie. The bridal carry and "You need a teacher!" really sold me. Kylo is my favorite character in TFA probably because I love Byronic heroes! I am also super hyped for TLJ! I've been actually lurking for a while but finally decided to post something myself. I'm so glad this forum exists because I learned so much from it and my new favorite pastime is reading everyone's posts.
@Marie Ren

Welcome on board! Smile
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Sat 5 Aug - 1:31

Hi all
I've gone about this in a backwards fashion by diving straight into commenting thread and not reading this bit. Anyhow s I've been lurking for months on end. Although I've been a life long Star Wars fan I wasn,t overly fussed about TFA until the DVD came out and my teenage son and watched it over several times....and then it hit me.

I've always been a very visual person and I take in a lot of info that way since I was a child. I started wondering if I was really seeing what I was seeing and in my epic searches on 'what's the deal with Reylo' I came across The Star Wars Connection and this site. Almost on a daily basis I check the forum out and discuss different angles with my son. We both love hearing different viewpoints and possible scenarios. This forum is super and I feel lucky to have stumbled upon it. I may not say much but I really love reading everything.
MrsWindu
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 5 Aug - 1:55

@MrsWindu wrote:Hi all
I've gone about this in a backwards fashion by diving straight into commenting thread and not reading this bit. Anyhow s I've been lurking for months on end. Although I've been a life long Star Wars fan I wasn,t overly fussed about TFA until the DVD came out and my teenage son and watched it over several times....and then it hit me.

I've always been a very visual person and I take in a lot of info that way since I was a child. I started wondering if I was really seeing what I was seeing and in my epic searches on 'what's the deal with Reylo' I came across The Star Wars Connection and this site. Almost on a daily basis I check the forum out and discuss different angles with my son. We both love hearing different viewpoints and possible scenarios. This forum is super and I feel lucky to have stumbled upon it. I may not say much but I really love reading everything.
@MrsWindu

Welcome and we are glad to have you on board! We are a pretty open bunch so don't be afraid to share your thoughts.

And ditto on your reaction to TFA. I was right there with you the first time I saw it. The two words that ran through my mind during the facial close ups after he offered to be her teacher was "WITH HIM?!?". I knew my eyes weren't playing tricks on me but I've been wondering ever since how they're going to get there!!! Laughing

I took my mom to see it a month later and she was all in it too! It's awesome you get to share this with your son.
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Sat 5 Aug - 2:06

@MrsWindu

Welcome! I love how you talk about the different angles and theories with your son! I try to bring some of the stuff that is discussed on here with my husband but he's not a shipper and isn't always willing to speculate or talk about the ideas, it's always great to have someone to go more in depth with!

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan on Sat 5 Aug - 2:41

@MrsWindu

Welcome! I loved reading your intro post. Look forward to hearing more from you. ^^

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 5 Aug - 4:01

@MrsWindu

Welcome! It's great that you can talk about this stuff with your son. What does he think about Reylo?
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Sat 5 Aug - 14:02

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

I've always been a very visual person and I take in a lot of info that way since I was a child.  I started wondering if I was really seeing what I was seeing and in my epic searches on 'what's the deal with Reylo' I came across The Star Wars Connection and this site. Almost on a daily basis I check the forum out and discuss different angles with my son. We both love hearing different viewpoints and possible scenarios. This forum is super and I feel lucky to have stumbled upon it. I may not say much but I really love reading everything.
@MrsWindu

Welcome! It's great that you can talk about this stuff with your son. What does he think about Reylo?
@ISeeAnIsland

@Darth Rowan @SheLitaFire @IoJovi thank you al so so much for making me feel welcome. I've never joined a forum before so I didn't know what to expect but it seems like a lovely group. My son has been also been a Star Wars fan from a very early age and can't wait for December either. So he thinks Reylo is highly probable as he doesn't think Rey is a Skywalker ( he suspects her to be a Kenobi) and Disney have spent a lot lot time and energy to develop these films and in order to make more future trilogy films she has to hook up with Kylo - thats his words not mine!
MrsWindu
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv on Sat 5 Aug - 22:13

@MrsWindu wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

I've always been a very visual person and I take in a lot of info that way since I was a child.  I started wondering if I was really seeing what I was seeing and in my epic searches on 'what's the deal with Reylo' I came across The Star Wars Connection and this site. Almost on a daily basis I check the forum out and discuss different angles with my son. We both love hearing different viewpoints and possible scenarios. This forum is super and I feel lucky to have stumbled upon it. I may not say much but I really love reading everything.
@MrsWindu

@ISeeAnIsland

@Darth Rowan @SheLitaFire @IoJovi thank you al so so much for making me feel welcome. I've never joined a forum before so I didn't know what to expect but it seems like a lovely group. My son has been also been a Star Wars fan from a very early age and can't wait for December either. So he thinks Reylo is highly probable as he doesn't think Rey is a Skywalker ( he suspects her to be a Kenobi) and Disney have spent a lot lot time and energy to develop these films and in order to make more future trilogy films she has to hook up with Kylo - thats his words not mine!
@MrsWindu
Welcome! Bring him here! Laughing

I am not Reylo myself but you don't need to be if you want to be here. You have to just respect the forum rules. Smile
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Hey there!

Post by cnunn on Thu 10 Aug - 23:45

Hi guys,

My name is Christina, I've been a huge Star Wars fan since I was around nine (pushing 30 now lol), and absolutely love the direction the new trilogy is taking. I'm also a Reylo shipper, obvs, and spend way too many hours obsessing over the dynamics of the characters and what I hope happens in TLJ and Ep. 9!

I'm a content manager for a hospitality company, and currently training to be a lactation consultant. I also love to cook and I'm addicted to coffee. It's good to be here!

cnunn
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Thu 10 Aug - 23:50

@cnunn wrote:Hi guys,

My name is Christina, I've been a huge Star Wars fan since I was around nine (pushing 30 now lol), and absolutely love the direction the new trilogy is taking. I'm also a Reylo shipper, obvs, and spend way too many hours obsessing over the dynamics of the characters and what I hope happens in TLJ and Ep. 9!

I'm a content manager for a hospitality company, and currently training to be a lactation consultant. I also love to cook and I'm addicted to coffee. It's good to be here!
@cnunn

Welcome to the forum! Very Happy
Moonlight13
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Fri 11 Aug - 2:32

@cnunn

Welcome! Coffee and Reylo addicts unite!! Waves

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 11 Aug - 8:01

@cnunn

Welcome! I am also a coffee addict, although I live in Seattle, so I'm kind of required to be one.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Fri 11 Aug - 14:19

@cnunn

Welcome!
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan on Fri 11 Aug - 15:11

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@cnunn

Welcome! I am also a coffee addict, although I live in Seattle, so I'm kind of required to be one.
@ISeeAnIsland

Same here, but I don't have any excuse lol. I told myself I am seriously going to cut back, but then I bought a Nespresso. XD

Welcome, Christina! Make yourself at home. ^^

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by _sara.hill_ on Tue 22 Aug - 21:12

Hey everybody! I'm Sara, and I'm new to Reylo Skyforum. I am so excited to get to speak with you all and discuss reylo theories, ideas, and so many other things where I know I won't be judged or shamed for what I ship. I have spoken to so many people who also ship reylo and I was so happy at how accepting and welcoming they were to me. When I got recommended this wonderful site, I was ecstatic because hey, it's a whole website dedicated to reylo and peaceful shipping and it doesn't get better than that!! Thanks for having me here and I'm looking forward to conversations to come.

_sara.hill_
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Tue 22 Aug - 21:20

@_sara.hill_ wrote:Hey everybody! I'm Sara, and I'm new to Reylo Skyforum. I am so excited to get to speak with you all and discuss reylo theories, ideas, and so many other things where I know I won't be judged or shamed for what I ship. I have spoken to so many people who also ship reylo and I was so happy at how accepting and welcoming they were to me. When I got recommended this wonderful site, I was ecstatic because hey, it's a whole website dedicated to reylo and peaceful shipping and it doesn't get better than that!! Thanks for having me here and I'm looking forward to conversations to come.
@_sara.hill_
Welcome!  Chou
Moonlight13
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 22 Aug - 21:35

@_sara.hill_ wrote:Hey everybody! I'm Sara, and I'm new to Reylo Skyforum. I am so excited to get to speak with you all and discuss reylo theories, ideas, and so many other things where I know I won't be judged or shamed for what I ship. I have spoken to so many people who also ship reylo and I was so happy at how accepting and welcoming they were to me. When I got recommended this wonderful site, I was ecstatic because hey, it's a whole website dedicated to reylo and peaceful shipping and it doesn't get better than that!! Thanks for having me here and I'm looking forward to conversations to come.
@_sara.hill_

Welcome! We look forward to getting to know you and hearing your thoughts!

IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Tue 22 Aug - 21:59

@_sara.hill_

Welcome! Smile
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Thu 24 Aug - 21:48

Hi Everybody,

my name is Silvia- 35 years old and from Switzerland. I'm a Star Wars fan since I can remember- I grew up with the OT and fall in love with
the wonderful universe George Lucas created. I read most of the EU books and comics... and yes, at first I was disappointed Disney threw all the
characters and ideas out the window. So I was a bit wary when I watched TFA - and I admit at the beginning I had mixed feelings about all of it.

It's ironic - back before TFA was released and I learned Adam Driver would play Kylo Ren/Ben Solo and saw pictures of him,
my first thought was that he's "weird" looking and couldn't get why they would cast HIM as the son of Han and Leia. Shocked
Yeah I know- totally shallow and stupid of me. Rolling Eyes

Then I watched interviews and other appearances of Adam on TV/youtube and started to really like him for his personality.
He was so different from other actors in Hollywood- natural and modest.
So I started to see him with totally different eyes and suddenly get why they casted HIM.
Not many actors could pull of a character like Kylo Ren- and some conventional "beautiful but boring faced" type wouldn't fit at all.
Don't get me wrong- Adam is attractive but in a more interesting unconventional way.

Back to topic- Reylo... I didn't get it the first time I watched TFA... mostly because I thought they would make Rey the daughter of Luke.
And I HATED it- not because I wanted her to have a romance with Kylo- back then that haven't even crossed my mind- but because it would be just
so stupidly overly predictable. It made me dislike TFA at first.
When I rewatched it a few month ago I was like...hmmm Confus the tension between them just isn't right.
What's going on here? And that's when I started to look for different theories and stumbled over the term "reylo".
And here I am! Lolilol

Night Huntress
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 24 Aug - 22:06

@Night Huntress wrote:Hi Everybody,

my name is Silvia- 35 years old and from Switzerland. I'm a Star Wars fan since I can remember- I grew up with the OT and fall in love with
the wonderful universe George Lucas created. I read most of the EU books and comics... and yes, at first I was disappointed Disney threw all the
characters and ideas out the window. So I was a bit wary when I watched TFA - and I admit at the beginning I had mixed feelings about all of it.

It's ironic - back before TFA was released and I learned Adam Driver would play Kylo Ren/Ben Solo and saw pictures of him,
my first thought was that he's "weird" looking and couldn't get why they would cast HIM as the son of Han and Leia.  Shocked

Then I watched interviews and other appearances of Adam on TV/youtube and started to really like him for his personality.
So I started to see him with totally different eyes and suddenly get why they casted HIM.
Not many actors could pull of a character like Kylo Ren- and some conventional "beautiful but boring faced" type wouldn't fit at all.
Don't get me wrong- Adam is attractive but in a more interesting unconventional way.

Back to topic- Reylo... I didn't get it the first time I watched TFA... mostly because I thought they would make Rey the daughter of Luke.
And I HATED it- not because I wanted her to have a romance with Kylo- back then that haven't even crossed my mind- but because it would be just
When I rewatched it a few month ago I was like...hmmm Confus the tension between them just isn't right.
What's going on here? And that's when I started to look for different theories and stumbled over the term "reylo".
And here I am! Lolilol

@Night Huntress

Welcome!!  Like you, I went into TFA with zero expectations. I didn't follow any of the marketing leading up to it, and had only seen the trailer.  I hadn't thought what new comer would end up being who's kid, but knowing that Star Wars has always revolved around the Skywalkers, I get why some people my think the lead heroine is Luke's daughter.  Still, watching the movie it never occurred to me that would be the case, and I was just watching the film for what it was.  The very end choker shots at the climax of the snow fight is what got me - my only thought was, "OMG with HIM?!?!"  

As someone who's been a fan of enemies to lovers stories since I was a child, I was hooked, and I've been hooked ever since.
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Thu 24 Aug - 22:11

my first thought was that he's "weird" looking and couldn't get why they would cast HIM as the son of Han and Leia. Shocked

And here I am! Lolilol

@Night Huntress

Welcome! Smile It was a bit similar for me with Adam, but now I adore him!
SkyStar

http://vienradzis.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 24 Aug - 22:20

my first thought was that he's "weird" looking and couldn't get why they would cast HIM as the son of Han and Leia.  Shocked

And here I am! Lolilol

@Night Huntress

Silvia!

Welcome to our big international Reylo community!
I can't say I'am a SW fan since I remember because at the time of my first memories Star Wars didn't existed yet. Laughing
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 24 Aug - 22:26

And here I am! Lolilol

@Night Huntress

Welcome! cheers

Many of us here have similar stories. I went into TFA pretty much unspoiled, but I'd seen a lot of the early buzz basically stating that Rey HAD to be Luke's daughter, which I'd sort of gotten the vibe of from that "the Force is strong in my family" line re-used in the trailer.

The first time I watched TFA, I thought there was something "off" about Rey and Kylo's interactions, but blew it off because everyone said she was Luke's daughter.

I took my own daughter to see it two weeks later, and Reylo "clicked" for me during the interrogation scene--I nearly bolted up in my seat, realizing "Holy ****! Those two aren't related at all!!!" And that "Oh WOW!" feeling grew even more in the snow fight scene. I basically rushed to home to my computer to see if anyone else had seen what I'd seen or if I was insane. I didn't even know the word "Reylo"--I'd just googled "Rey and Kylo Ren chemistry".

Of course, initially, I thought that Reylo was just going to be part of a love triangle between Rey, Finn, and Kylo, where Rey would face some sort of temptation from Kylo (or maybe even have a quick fling with him) but end up with Nice Guy Finn in the end. Of course, now that we know a bit about the structure of TLJ, we know that won't be the case.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Fri 25 Aug - 18:20

And here I am! Lolilol

@Night Huntress

*Obi-Wan's voice* hello there Very Happy
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv on Fri 25 Aug - 23:31

@Night Huntress @cnunn @_sara.hill_
Welcome on board! Enjoy the time!

@Maria Antonietta

Geralt_Riv
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum