Kiss of F8TE

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Kiss in VIII:

21% 21% 
[ 25 ]
1% 1% 
[ 1 ]
21% 21% 
[ 25 ]
20% 20% 
[ 23 ]
28% 28% 
[ 33 ]
3% 3% 
[ 3 ]
2% 2% 
[ 2 ]
3% 3% 
[ 4 ]
1% 1% 
[ 1 ]
 
Total Votes : 117

Re: Kiss of F8TE

Post by BenRey on Sun 26 Jun - 23:52

It's nice to see a lot of you guys also ship Darkpilot. I'd take that over Kylux any day.

I hope to see more of this on the Episode VIII red carpet.

avatar
BenRey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 356
Likes : 1792
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-27
Localisation : Planet Earth- Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Re: Kiss of F8TE

Post by IoJovi on Mon 27 Jun - 0:38

Birdwoman wrote:How old is Leia supposed to be in TFA? I assume she is in her early fifties because she was in her latish 40s in Bloodline. Once Leia moves on from Han, I agree she needs a nice younger man to entertain her. Razz
@Birdwoman

Let's see. She's 23 in RotJ. TFA takes place 30 years after that, so it would make her 53 or 54. Same goes for Luke.

_________________
"Kylo and Rey are two halves of the dark and the light.” - Rian Johnson
avatar
IoJovi
Moderator

Messages : 6138
Likes : 33308
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Kiss of F8TE

Post by Irina de France on Mon 27 Jun - 0:48

I think that at the 40-minute mark, a FinnTran kiss is the most likely option. I don't think they'll be the main romance, though. It makes more sense for the legacy child and the heroine of the trilogy to be the big romance of the ST. FinnTran is still going to be important though.

Otherwise, if FinnTran doesn't get the 40-minute mark kiss, we could have a Reylo almost-kiss or a Force Vision kiss. Anything else would be waaaaay too rushed. Another option I could see is Kylo going for it and getting punched in the face by Rey, but he doesn't even mind and while he's on the ground, he has that Solo smirk that's just saying: "I got beaten up, but it was worth it"

Last option left is Phasma/Hux. Come on guys, I'm disappointed you're not talking more about this.

For what is of a *real* Reylo kiss... I said it before, but my personal prediction is that it's going to happen at the end of VIII, and both of them are going to go rogue. It's going to happen in a very angst-ridden moment, though, methinks. I also have a feeling that to cement everything, IX is not going to start immediately after VIII, like VIII is going to be with VII. I think it's going to start a few months after the events of VIII, so Rey and Kylo will have spent a lot of time together. (Also, Rey is probably going to have fab hair in IX, since Kylo's gonna let her use his hair conditioner.)
avatar
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1336
Likes : 6727
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-22
Age : 21
Localisation : Ottawa, Canada

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Kiss of F8TE

Post by rey09 on Mon 27 Jun - 1:10

ooof this was a tough one. Opted for almost kiss because the key to the best heated kiss is crazy tension before that! I imagine one of them has the their hand on the other's cheek, looking so intently at each other, so confused by the pull toward the other and then leaning in..and then bam! someone calls out to them for whatever reason lol and breaks it. They snap out of the trance but they're still so like wth just happened.

And then later on Kylo does something to save her life or whatever and then Rey realizes she is indeed in looove.
avatar
rey09
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 655
Likes : 3164
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Kiss of F8TE

Post by creepi0 on Mon 27 Jun - 1:13

Rey and Kylo in episode 8 is too soon
i dont really care much about who will kiss who in episode 8 but there will be a kiss of course
between red colored lightsaber and blue colored lightsaber
it will be so intense with spark flying everywhere
avatar
creepi0
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 78
Likes : 358
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Kiss of F8TE

Post by Irina de France on Mon 27 Jun - 1:16

Or imagine them "finding the Force" again to try understanding their bond... They both smile at some point, and you can clearly see they're enjoying it, they start panting a bit... then they open their eyes suddenly... and Kylo gives Rey a vulnerable look, she starts glancing at his lips, bonus points if she licks her lips very quickly, and...

Threepio comes in. "Master Ben! It's been so long!"
avatar
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1336
Likes : 6727
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-22
Age : 21
Localisation : Ottawa, Canada

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Kiss of F8TE

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 27 Jun - 1:20

Irina de France wrote:I think that at the 40-minute mark, a FinnTran kiss is the most likely option. I don't think they'll be the main romance, though. It makes more sense for the legacy child and the heroine of the trilogy to be the big romance of the ST. FinnTran is still going to be important though.

Otherwise, if FinnTran doesn't get the 40-minute mark kiss, we could have a Reylo almost-kiss or a Force Vision kiss. Anything else would be waaaaay too rushed. Another option I could see is Kylo going for it and getting punched in the face by Rey, but he doesn't even mind and while he's on the ground, he has that Solo smirk that's just saying: "I got beaten up, but it was worth it"

Last option left is Phasma/Hux. Come on guys, I'm disappointed you're not talking more about this.

For what is of a *real* Reylo kiss... I said it before, but my personal prediction is that it's going to happen at the end of VIII, and both of them are going to go rogue. It's going to happen in a very angst-ridden moment, though, methinks. I also have a feeling that to cement everything, IX is not going to start immediately after VIII, like VIII is going to be with VII. I think it's going to start a few months after the events of VIII, so Rey and Kylo will have spent a lot of time together. (Also, Rey is probably going to have fab hair in IX, since Kylo's gonna let her use his hair conditioner.)
@Irina de France

The bolded would be hilarious and in-character for all involved. A sequel to "You need a teacher!"

_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4583
Likes : 23753
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Kiss of F8TE

Post by Xylo Ren on Mon 27 Jun - 2:04

Wow! I make this poll and come back hours later to 3 pages of comments. Nice thoughts, guys!

I actually haven't voted myself, yet silent

I think a kiss would be great, but I want it to be iconic and in the middle of a perilous time. I picture this happening towards the end of IX. If it's really going to be a huge, dramatic, cinematic moment that could make IMDb's Top Ten Movie Kisses of All Time then it will most likely happen in IX right before he sacrifices himself and they think they'll never see each other again.

KMT and Finn is a given.

I only had 10 choices (I put "other" but it has disappeared?) so I didn't have room for Kylux or Stormpilot or DarkPilot. I also didn't realize that many people here shipped those!

I appreciate those that voted for Maz and Chewy, though. Those are otp goals. Of course I put Snux, Hux kisses Snoke's butt all the time.
avatar
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1835
Likes : 15951
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Kiss of F8TE

Post by Helix on Mon 27 Jun - 2:11

Xylo Ren wrote:Wow! I make this poll and come back hours later to 3 pages of comments. Nice thoughts, guys!

I actually haven't voted myself, yet silent

I think a kiss would be great, but I want it to be iconic and in the middle of a perilous time. I picture this happening towards the end of IX. If it's really going to be a huge, dramatic, cinematic moment that could make IMDb's Top Ten Movie Kisses of All Time then it will most likely happen in IX right before he sacrifices himself and they think they'll never see each other again.

KMT and Finn is a given.

I only had 10 choices (I put "other" but it has disappeared?) so I didn't have room for Kylux or Stormpilot or DarkPilot. I also didn't realize that many people here shipped those!

I appreciate those that voted for Maz and Chewy, though. Those are otp goals. Of course I put Snux, Hux kisses Snoke's butt all the time.
@Xylo Ren

Honestly, I voted Maz/Chewy. What can I say? She likes that Wookie.
avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2599
Likes : 10163
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Kiss of F8TE

Post by Kyla Ren on Mon 27 Jun - 2:28

Xylo Ren wrote:I think a kiss would be great, but I want it to be iconic and in the middle of a perilous time. I picture this happening towards the end of IX. If it's really going to be a huge, dramatic, cinematic moment that could make IMDb's Top Ten Movie Kisses of All Time then it will most likely happen in IX right before he sacrifices himself and they think they'll never see each other again.
@Xylo Ren

That kind of kiss would definitely be epic.  I just don’t want to have to wait that long.  I can hardly wait until Episode VIII comes out! Laughing


Xylo Ren wrote:Of course I put Snux, Hux kisses Snoke's butt all the time.
@Xylo Ren

LOL, I never thought of it that way, but I guess you're right! Laughing  And I wonder how many shippers of other pairings we have here.  I can't say I really "ship" any other pairing besides Reylo, although I do like reading Kylux fic.  Some of them are good and some are actually quite funny.  I don't know if that makes me a Kylux shipper or not.  I guess I just think of Kylux as a fun, "trash" ship.  No offense to any Kylux shippers who might take it more seriously.  I just mean that I personally don't think Kylux would ever become canon, hence the "trash" part.
avatar
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 588
Likes : 1843
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Kiss of F8TE

Post by Xylo Ren on Mon 27 Jun - 2:42

@Helix, that she does!

Kyla Ren wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:I think a kiss would be great, but I want it to be iconic and in the middle of a perilous time. I picture this happening towards the end of IX. If it's really going to be a huge, dramatic, cinematic moment that could make IMDb's Top Ten Movie Kisses of All Time then it will most likely happen in IX right before he sacrifices himself and they think they'll never see each other again.
@Xylo Ren

That kind of kiss would definitely be epic.  I just don’t want to have to wait that long.  I can hardly wait until Episode VIII comes out! Laughing


Xylo Ren wrote:Of course I put Snux, Hux kisses Snoke's butt all the time.
@Xylo Ren

LOL, I never thought of it that way, but I guess you're right! Laughing  And I wonder how many shippers of other pairings we have here.  I can't say I really "ship" any other pairing besides Reylo, although I do like reading Kylux fic.  Some of them are good and some are actually quite funny.  I don't know if that makes me a Kylux shipper or not.  I guess I just think of Kylux as a fun, "trash" ship.  No offense to any Kylux shippers who might take it more seriously.  I just mean that I personally don't think Kylux would ever become canon, hence the "trash" part.
@Kyla Ren

I've never shipped before and I understand the escapism of it, but with Rey and Kylo I believe it will become part of the story so that's why I've lasted this long. If their potential had been debunked or even nonexistent in the movie, I would have a lot of my life back. But since they're here, I'm here, you're here, we're all here. With Kylux and Stormpilot I don't spend time with that because there's no future in it. I don't ship for the activity of it but others do and that's fine!

Snux on the other hand...lol


Last edited by Xylo Ren on Mon 27 Jun - 2:49; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1835
Likes : 15951
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Kiss of F8TE

Post by IoJovi on Mon 27 Jun - 2:46

Xylo Ren wrote:Wow! I make this poll and come back hours later to 3 pages of comments. Nice thoughts, guys!

I actually haven't voted myself, yet silent

I think a kiss would be great, but I want it to be iconic and in the middle of a perilous time. I picture this happening towards the end of IX. If it's really going to be a huge, dramatic, cinematic moment that could make IMDb's Top Ten Movie Kisses of All Time then it will most likely happen in IX right before he sacrifices himself and they think they'll never see each other again.

KMT and Finn is a given.

I only had 10 choices (I put "other" but it has disappeared?) so I didn't have room for Kylux or Stormpilot or DarkPilot. I also didn't realize that many people here shipped those!

I appreciate those that voted for Maz and Chewy, though. Those are otp goals. Of course I put Snux, Hux kisses Snoke's butt all the time.
@Xylo Ren

This is definitely a fun thread. Thanks for posting it!

_________________
"Kylo and Rey are two halves of the dark and the light.” - Rian Johnson
avatar
IoJovi
Moderator

Messages : 6138
Likes : 33308
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Kiss of F8TE

Post by Xylo Ren on Mon 27 Jun - 3:00

ZioRen wrote:I wish I could say I think Rey and Kylo will kiss in VIII, but I'm pretty confident that they won't. (If I'm honest, I'm still not fully getting my hopes up that Reylo will really happen at all. I have some hope, but not a ton).

If KMT really plays Finn's love interest, then that kiss is almost guaranteed.

I think it will, but my biggest hesitation is that it won't be overt. I'm thinking Katniss and Peeta at the end of MJ2. You wait two whole movies for them to finally be together and happy and they get one kiss.

Reylo might be the same, as in they go through a bunch of bunk and then just exchange kind glances at the end of the film and that's it. That would be wildly disappointing for me unless the spiritual soul mate stuff is really, really well done.

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Force22 wrote:Maybe they'll have Finn and KMT to fool the audience? They'll kiss, I think. Anyways, everyone will think they are the romance of the movie... and then. bam! Rey and Kylo.

I used to think it would be too early for a kiss, but I don't know anymore. It's too early for them to get together, but a kiss in weird circumstances, why not? And then they are separated, of course, perhaps each of them going to their own side... Something like that.
@Force22

IoJovi wrote:I had forgotten about the kissing happening more than once.  So that said, I'm voting on Finn and KMT in the middle of the movie, and an honest to goodness physical in person Reylo kiss at the end of the movie.  
@IoJovi

This and this.  

I think that if we get a kiss around the 40-minute mark (as has been tradition for the 2nd movie in each trilogy), it'll be FinnTran. (The only way that's Reylo is if he's giving her mouth-to-mouth after falling off the cliff.) I do think that we're going to get that FinnTran kiss around mid-picture, and that most of the GA is going to love their cute-coupleness and assume that they're going to be The Romance for the movie/trilogy.

While that's going on, we'd then have Rey and Kylo's feelings and relationship evolving under people's noses...culminating a kiss that's probably going to shock both them and the audience at/near the end of the movie.

This dual romance scenario gets even more interesting if some of the rumors we've heard are true and KMT betrays Finn or something bad happens to KMT (i.e. the Finn gets revenge on Phasma for something personal rumor).

I totally forgot about the mouth-to-mouth! That's actually one of the most possible options of how it would go down! I tried editing the poll but it won't let me, and we can only have 10 choices. Maybe I'll make a follow up down the road and make it only Reylo centric:
1. physical in the heat of battle kiss
2. force bond kiss
3. mouth to mouth kiss
4. almost kiss
5. no kiss

haha


nonesuch wrote:I voted for a Reylo kiss and a Snux kiss. I'm now wondering where Snux has been my whole life.

Hux looks out for Snoke, it was sooooo obvious to me from the first viewing. "Careful Ren, that your personal interests not interfere with orders from Leader Snoke." Like, he's crushing hard!  Laughing

MissG wrote:Opted for "almost kiss" and "Finn and KMT", but my hand was itching to click the Ruke option!

You just know I had to include it Wink
avatar
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1835
Likes : 15951
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Kiss of F8TE

Post by Xylo Ren on Mon 27 Jun - 3:06

IoJovi wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:Wow! I make this poll and come back hours later to 3 pages of comments. Nice thoughts, guys!

I actually haven't voted myself, yet silent

I think a kiss would be great, but I want it to be iconic and in the middle of a perilous time. I picture this happening towards the end of IX. If it's really going to be a huge, dramatic, cinematic moment that could make IMDb's Top Ten Movie Kisses of All Time then it will most likely happen in IX right before he sacrifices himself and they think they'll never see each other again.

KMT and Finn is a given.

I only had 10 choices (I put "other" but it has disappeared?) so I didn't have room for Kylux or Stormpilot or DarkPilot. I also didn't realize that many people here shipped those!

I appreciate those that voted for Maz and Chewy, though. Those are otp goals. Of course I put Snux, Hux kisses Snoke's butt all the time.
@Xylo Ren

This is definitely a fun thread.  Thanks for posting it!
@IoJovi

You're welcome Very Happy glad you all enjoyed it.

What does everyone think about the fact that there were two kisses in each movie, but it was by the same couple both times?

Maybe they'll just break that pattern this time? Or maybe it'll just be FinnTran twice?

And what about the circumstances:
OT: first kiss with Han and Leia was interrupted, and she stopped it/ran away. Second kiss was right before the carbon freeze and they both kinda went in for that one.
PT: first kiss Anakin went for it and Padme pulled away. Second kiss she initiated it with the "truly, deeply, love you." right before they were going to be separated by the carbon freeze.

Maybe Finntran will kiss before she betrays him?

I know it's not the most important element in the story, but hey, romance/sex sells, so there will be a kiss somewhere and it's just fun to speculate!
avatar
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1835
Likes : 15951
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Kiss of F8TE

Post by Birdwoman on Mon 27 Jun - 3:32

I am thinking instead of a kiss in 8 we will get a pride and prejudice movie moment where they touch foreheads....where they have to separate for some reason. Then the audience will know their feelings have changed towards each other but yet they can't be together yet.

Birdwoman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 708
Likes : 3100
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Kiss of F8TE

Post by Kyla Ren on Mon 27 Jun - 3:42

Xylo Ren wrote:@Helix, that she does!

Kyla Ren wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:I think a kiss would be great, but I want it to be iconic and in the middle of a perilous time. I picture this happening towards the end of IX. If it's really going to be a huge, dramatic, cinematic moment that could make IMDb's Top Ten Movie Kisses of All Time then it will most likely happen in IX right before he sacrifices himself and they think they'll never see each other again.
@Xylo Ren

That kind of kiss would definitely be epic.  I just don’t want to have to wait that long.  I can hardly wait until Episode VIII comes out! Laughing


Xylo Ren wrote:Of course I put Snux, Hux kisses Snoke's butt all the time.
@Xylo Ren

LOL, I never thought of it that way, but I guess you're right! Laughing  And I wonder how many shippers of other pairings we have here.  I can't say I really "ship" any other pairing besides Reylo, although I do like reading Kylux fic.  Some of them are good and some are actually quite funny.  I don't know if that makes me a Kylux shipper or not.  I guess I just think of Kylux as a fun, "trash" ship.  No offense to any Kylux shippers who might take it more seriously.  I just mean that I personally don't think Kylux would ever become canon, hence the "trash" part.
@Kyla Ren

I've never shipped before and I understand the escapism of it, but with Rey and Kylo I believe it will become part of the story so that's why I've lasted this long. If their potential had been debunked or even nonexistent in the movie, I would have a lot of my life back. But since they're here, I'm here, you're here, we're all here. With Kylux and Stormpilot I don't spend time with that because there's no future in it. I don't ship for the activity of it but others do and that's fine!

Snux on the other hand...lol
@Xylo Ren

I agree, Reylo will become part of the story.  Reylo will be canon.  And it will be so satisfying to see the antis and Reywalkers freak out over it. Twisted Evil   Okay, I guess now I'm just being evil. Laughing

But in any case, if nothing else, Kylux and some of the other ships have provided some entertaining fan fics, nice fan art, and fun tribute videos. Very Happy
avatar
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 588
Likes : 1843
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Kiss of F8TE

Post by Kyla Ren on Mon 27 Jun - 3:48

Xylo Ren wrote:I totally forgot about the mouth-to-mouth! That's actually one of the most possible options of how it would go down! I tried editing the poll but it won't let me, and we can only have 10 choices. Maybe I'll make a follow up down the road and make it only Reylo centric:
1. physical in the heat of battle kiss
2. force bond kiss
3. mouth to mouth kiss
4. almost kiss
5. no kiss
@Xylo Ren

Yes!  A follow up poll is a great idea! Smile
avatar
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 588
Likes : 1843
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Kiss of F8TE

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 27 Jun - 4:11

Kyla Ren wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:I totally forgot about the mouth-to-mouth! That's actually one of the most possible options of how it would go down! I tried editing the poll but it won't let me, and we can only have 10 choices. Maybe I'll make a follow up down the road and make it only Reylo centric:
1. physical in the heat of battle kiss
2. force bond kiss
3. mouth to mouth kiss
4. almost kiss
5. no kiss
@Xylo Ren

Yes!  A follow up poll is a great idea! Smile
@Kyla Ren

A follow-up poll would be fun! I'll also suggest "heat of the moment after something intense happens" as an option. Because that's how I'm guessing it happens--after him saving her life or some intense conversation or Luke blows the hut or something.

_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4583
Likes : 23753
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Kiss of F8TE

Post by CienaRee on Mon 27 Jun - 7:06

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:I totally forgot about the mouth-to-mouth! That's actually one of the most possible options of how it would go down! I tried editing the poll but it won't let me, and we can only have 10 choices. Maybe I'll make a follow up down the road and make it only Reylo centric:
1. physical in the heat of battle kiss
2. force bond kiss
3. mouth to mouth kiss
4. almost kiss
5. no kiss
@Xylo Ren

Yes!  A follow up poll is a great idea! Smile
@Kyla Ren

A follow-up poll would be fun!  I'll also suggest  "heat of the moment after something intense happens" as an option. Because that's how I'm guessing it happens--after him saving her life or some intense conversation or Luke blows the hut or something.
@ISeeAnIsland

To be honest I'm not really sure it would be a good idea to have only FinnTran kiss.I mean with Han/Leia and Anidala the auidence already knew the characters.Han and Leia were forshadowed with all the bickering and UST between them and eventhough Anakin was a child in TPM he and Padme established a connection then so the audience weren't thrown off when a romance happened between these couples.With FinnTran though I think it would have been better if Trann's character was introduced in TFA.I know that it was important for Finnrey to establish a friendship first but it would have been much easier with handling their relationship in episode 8. Now they would not only have to introduce her character but they would also have to show a convicing romance between them with all the other plotlines happening.Not saying it can't happen it probably will and that might might fool the audience but it would still feel kind of rushed.
Ofcourse I don't want to judge prematurely but I would like if her character first established herself and be liked because of herself like Rey.

CienaRee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 970
Likes : 4811
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Kiss of F8TE

Post by Lily Snape on Mon 27 Jun - 7:21

Darth_Awakened wrote:
Force22 wrote:
IoJovi wrote:We also forgot Leia and Poe. If you've ever read "Before the Awakening" there's very legitimate reasons to ship that!!!
@IoJovi

I ship it.

But I still think Poe is bi. He'll get over Finn and realize his true love...

But that's stuff for fanfiction.

In my real headcanon I noticed there are lots of attractive older men in the Resistance. I think Leia is going to be all right. Wink
@Force22

Somehow I have a silly head canon that BDT character will be a potential suitor now when Han is gone.

If we had heard of Billy Dee Williams casting in VIII my money would have been definitely on him.
@Darth_Awakened

Dear God he was smooth. Very Happy He also stole every scene he was in. But Leia never went for it-- plus I can't see her getting over Han.
avatar
Lily Snape
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 320
Likes : 1688
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Kiss of F8TE

Post by Lily Snape on Mon 27 Jun - 7:27

Force22 wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
MissG wrote:Maybe even Leia and Luke now that Han is out of the way? Mwehe

Not that it stopped them before Rolling Eyes
@MissG

lol!

If anything could keep Kylo Ren from embracing the light, that would be it.
@IoJovi

I always thought that it would be cool if Kylo were Luke and Leia's. But of course, SW isn't that dark. But, let's say, imagine if, between ESB and ROTJ, you know, Luke consoles Leia... Then, some months after ROTJ, Leia finds out she's pregnant. Han forgives her, they don't tell Kylo. Still, sometimes Han can't bring himself to be the father he wanted to be... There are still some feelings of jealousy. And Ben eventually finds out and it brings him to the dark side. It would be cool because he would be similar to Mordred, in Arthurian legend, who is Arthur's and Morgana's.

Ok, but I don't think that is the case.

Of course, had that been the case, Luke's reaction when he learned he was her brother should have been shock. Unless there's no such thing as incest in the GFFA. Now wait, Luke did have a crush on her (who knows what kinds of thoughts he had), they kissed, and both of them were perfectly fine in learning they were siblings...
@Force22

Sorry for the double post, but after I found out they were siblings-- and given that their kiss was tepid compared to either of the Han-Leia ones in ESB-- I thought of it like the scene of Lorraine in Back to the Future kissing the (extremely reluctant and terrified) Marty, whom she has been crushing on through the entire film, and you can see the crush wilting to nothing as she comments in bafflement that it was like kissing her brother. And that's BEFORE Biff and his goons drag Marty out of the car and George comes to her rescue, so it's not like George had caught her fancy by that point. My way of seeing it, anyhow.

That said, when I watched the theater re-release in Westwood in 1997 with a bunch of other UCLA students, that scene came up and the whole audience yelled, "Dude! She's your SISTER!!!!!" Smile
avatar
Lily Snape
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 320
Likes : 1688
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Kiss of F8TE

Post by Lily Snape on Mon 27 Jun - 7:45

Birdwoman wrote:I am thinking instead of a kiss in 8 we will get a pride and prejudice movie moment where they touch foreheads....where they have to separate for some reason. Then the audience will know their feelings have changed towards each other but yet they can't be together yet.
@Birdwoman

This is what I envision also-- in some sort of really tense, fraught moment in which they are finally somehow clearly on the same side, alone for a few seconds right when all hell is about to break loose, with so much unresolved sexual tension that everyone will be on pins and needles waiting for IX.

Kylo planting one in her and getting slugged for it and smirking like his old man, as someone mentioned, would be really fun. But since the Han and Leia "I love you" / "I know" is my all-time favorite (heck, the quote is on the inside of my wedding ring-- my husband is awesome), then if there's an actual kiss, I'm thinking her finally clearly returning his (previously presumed sort of unrequited) feelings by passionately kissing him because they think they're about to get killed, would be kind of awesome. And then they stand together with the lightsabers out as the entire First Order descends. And the curtain falls.

I clearly haven't given this any thought. Wink
avatar
Lily Snape
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 320
Likes : 1688
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Kiss of F8TE

Post by Sylvia Snow on Mon 27 Jun - 7:48

Birdwoman wrote:I am thinking instead of a kiss in 8 we will get a pride and prejudice movie moment where they touch foreheads....where they have to separate for some reason.  Then the audience will know their feelings have changed towards each other but yet they can't be together yet.
@Birdwoman

I'm completely up for that, it will be a beautiful (and possibly heartbroken if they're about to face a battle), I think they will make Kylo and Rey experience a lot of things together but not a kiss until maybe episode IX, because the kiss will need to be special in every for both of them, i.e. reunion, Ben's return, the war is over, etc

I mean they can also make Kylo do a Mr. Darcy by saying to her "I love you" repeatedly in a loving voice

avatar
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1384
Likes : 5682
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Kiss of F8TE

Post by Slade on Mon 27 Jun - 9:51

I voted for dream kiss, though I will do a Happy Dance if they for real kiss.  I would love a hot, almost unbearably sexually charged kiss like Han and Leia on the Falcon in ESB, but it might be more realistic if it happens like this:

Heat of the action (fighting, fleeing), Kylo and Rey are working together to achieve something and are trying to escape the Peril.  Right before Kylo attempts something stupid/reckless/brave (IE "never tell me the odds!") to save their hides, Rey gives him a quick kiss on the cheek or maybe mouth, nearly causing him to fall out.  <3
avatar
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 930
Likes : 3255
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Kiss of F8TE

Post by ZenBrainJam on Mon 27 Jun - 11:20

The lack of droids couples into the poll!
Well I would say Finn and KMT character, just before her betrayal.
And Rey and Kylo but no declaration and
1) without a force bond: Rey very "no, wait, what?", Kylo very "what have I done?", and both lying with each other "uhm...well.. ok, it can happen, it doesn't means a lot".
2) with a force bond: Rey "sith, it happened", Kylo "sith, she is regretting it already", and both "oh, don't blame ME for this one!"
avatar
ZenBrainJam
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 379
Likes : 1296
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-31

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum