How do you see Reylo at the end of Episode IX?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do you see Reylo at the end of Episode IX?

4% 4% 
[ 4 ]
2% 2% 
[ 2 ]
2% 2% 
[ 2 ]
2% 2% 
[ 2 ]
1% 1% 
[ 1 ]
19% 19% 
[ 17 ]
6% 6% 
[ 5 ]
34% 34% 
[ 31 ]
16% 16% 
[ 14 ]
13% 13% 
[ 12 ]
 
Total Votes : 90

How do you see Reylo at the end of Episode IX?

Post by panki on Tue 12 Jul - 16:23

We all have different ideas on how we would like to see Rey and Kylo's relationship at the end of the ST..... @SanghaRen gave a wonderful suggestion of having a poll.... I have tried to include as many choices as possible and it is a multiple choice.
In case you don't see a choice, you like, please mention it in the discussion. Smile


_________________
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 2826
Likes : 10257
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you see Reylo at the end of Episode IX?

Post by Sylvia Snow on Tue 12 Jul - 16:33

There's a high chance that they will make Kylo and Rey relationship ambiguous at the end of episode IX, only to mention it in the next trilogy through stories or by family members and friends
avatar
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1377
Likes : 5631
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you see Reylo at the end of Episode IX?

Post by WhatGirl on Tue 12 Jul - 16:40

What I want is for them to be married and live happily ever after.

But I have this nagging feeling that Reylo will only be ever implied and never 100% confirmed in the films. Sad
avatar
WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1216
Likes : 11534
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you see Reylo at the end of Episode IX?

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 12 Jul - 16:41

I don't really care to guess hows, whys, outcomes or small details of the overarching plot. We don't even know what kind of story this is going to be yet. There are a hundred ways they could tell this story, all of which have slightly different or starkly different conclusions. There are way too many elements at play here, from the truth about certain backstories to redemption arcs. We're missing too much information, and to be honest I just don't see it as my responsibility to foresee how the story will unfold. Analyzing TFA properly can lead you toward the trajectories the creators had in mind (i.e. Rey, Kylo and some form of redemption as the central conflict), but trajectories are concepts, and concepts are not the same as a story. As long as our narrative is told well, respects TFA and is concise and satisfying, I'll be happy.
avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2706
Likes : 24916
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 22
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you see Reylo at the end of Episode IX?

Post by vaderito on Tue 12 Jul - 16:49

last scene = they are on Ahch-to and the Force tree/First Jedi Temple blooms. There's no point to have that tree if it won't bloom.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7174
Likes : 34209
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you see Reylo at the end of Episode IX?

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 12 Jul - 16:51

@vaderito wrote:last scene = they are on Ahch-to and the Force tree/First Jedi Temple blooms. There's no point to have that tree if it won't bloom.
@vaderito
Indeed, dead trees don't exist in stories for no reason. The tree will be reborn before the end of the trilogy.
avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2706
Likes : 24916
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 22
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you see Reylo at the end of Episode IX?

Post by vaderito on Tue 12 Jul - 16:56

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@vaderito wrote:last scene = they are on Ahch-to and the Force tree/First Jedi Temple blooms. There's no point to have that tree if it won't bloom.
@vaderito
Indeed, dead trees don't exist in stories for no reason. The tree will be reborn before the end of the trilogy.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Tree reborn and Sun reborn. Very Happy
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7174
Likes : 34209
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you see Reylo at the end of Episode IX?

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 12 Jul - 16:59

I honestly can't bet on the ending at all. Usually I have a pretty good track record in guessing outcomes, but this time I can't even try. As Fizz says, there are too many variables. Plus the mystery box.

Which is kind of funny if you think about it: so many people are expecting something totally predictable from the ST, but the truth is that the storyline is totally unguessable at this point.

I hope for happily ever after, for everybody's sake in this story, but I just don't know how they'd get there... (yet.)
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3828
Likes : 24876
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you see Reylo at the end of Episode IX?

Post by Birdwoman on Tue 12 Jul - 17:09

Ultimately, I want a good story first of all.
I think that there is a good chance that Kylo and Rey will fall in love with each other in 8 but will not act on the feelings.  It will be more angst ridden. If they act on it, it will be a spur of the moment thing and then they stop themselves thinking?  What just happened?  This is wrong..at least on Rey's part.  I see, Rey falling for him but she knows that she should not because he needs to get his act together. I see Kylo falling for her but he is afraid that he will destroy her.  That is assuming he has some character growth by then....or since he is impulsive he will try and get her to join him and the first order. Then at the end of 8, they will separate maybe in that moment we will see that affection/compassion for each other.  But I do feel like these feelings are going to be very confusing for them in the next movie.  I can see by the end of the trilogy that they will be in love.  However, I don't know how I want the trilogy to end.  Maybe Kylo going off and telling her he will be back?  Or they go off together.  
I am really tired right now....so my thoughts aren't very clear.

Birdwoman
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 606
Likes : 2592
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you see Reylo at the end of Episode IX?

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 12 Jul - 17:12

I also think it's hard to guess the ending at this point. I did vote for what I thought were the two options most representative of what I'd guess is the most likely scenario--Kylo/Ben performing some sort of public service to the galaxy as a method of atonement, and Rey accompanying him. So, to me, that would either be exploring the galaxy to learn about the Force or establishing some sort of new order for Force sensitives.

Don't hate me, but I do think that there's a very small outside chance that Kylo could die in some sort of huge self-sacrifice.

What I don't think we'll get is some sort of ambiguous ending, as far as Reylo goes. This is a huge Hollywood blockbuster trilogy, not a small indie film. I can't see them not going for an outcome that's going to be satisfying to the majority of the audience, whether it's a happy or a sad ending.

This is also why I think that if Reylo is going to be the central romance of the trilogy...it's going to be an actual romance. We're either getting a Space Kiss at some point, or we're not getting romantic Reylo, IMO.

_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4054
Likes : 21021
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you see Reylo at the end of Episode IX?

Post by Maria Antonietta on Tue 12 Jul - 17:13

Sitting on the iron throne of the Galaxy, ruling together Cool
avatar
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2477
Likes : 10491
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31
Localisation : Italia

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you see Reylo at the end of Episode IX?

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 12 Jul - 17:21

Glad to see my three guesses getting the highest votes Very Happy
We'll have to do a similar poll after VIII. I expect some predictions to change.

The most vague ending I can see is Kylo leaving and then the end montage of Rey leaving in the falcon ala TFA. She arrives on the island wherever he went, and he sees her ship coming in the distance.

I do not see a wedding happening at all. (I love it but I'm being realistic)

I really hope they don't go the "just mentioning what became of the two biggest characters in ST through word of mouth" route because that'd be extremely unsatisfying after everything we've been through with them.

My biggest fear is what @whatgirl said, it won't be overt or satisfying enough. But then I think of all the fairy tale romance tropes and I figure they must be there for a reason. Trees, woods, bridal carries, castles, dungeons, dragons, Knights, swords, ladies in white, I see the island, pull to the light, snowflakes that stay on noses and eyelashes. I mean it's just too much established in one movie to not happen at all and to not happen romantically.
avatar
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1676
Likes : 14469
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you see Reylo at the end of Episode IX?

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 12 Jul - 17:35

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:I also think it's hard to guess the ending at this point. I did vote for what I thought were the two options most representative of what I'd guess is the most likely scenario--Kylo/Ben performing some sort of public service to the galaxy as a method of atonement, and Rey accompanying him. So, to me, that would either be exploring the galaxy to learn about the Force or establishing some sort of new order for Force sensitives.

Don't hate me, but I do think that there's a very small outside chance that Kylo could die in some sort of huge self-sacrifice.

What I don't think we'll get is some sort of ambiguous ending, as far as Reylo goes. This is a huge Hollywood blockbuster trilogy, not a small indie film. I can't see them not going for an outcome that's going to be satisfying to the majority of the audience, whether it's a happy or a sad ending.

This is also why I think that if Reylo is going to be the central romance of the trilogy...it's going to be an actual romance. We're either getting a Space Kiss at some point, or we're not getting romantic Reylo, IMO.
@ISeeAnIsland

I agree with you. Whatever the ending is, it won't be ambiguous, IMO. And I also think it's either going to be a real romance or nothing. And not an understated romance, either.

I just can't guess how it would end. I would personally find Kylo's death to be an incredibly depressing ending, because I'm so invested in Leia getting her son back and Kylo finally getting to live a life that his father would have wanted for him too, but... eh. You never know.

But they're not going to snuff out the Skywalker bloodline, so if Kylo dies, he'll need to conceive a child first. As I've said too many times already, if any potential baby-making activities happen, he's likely to be a dead man. Razz
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3828
Likes : 24876
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you see Reylo at the end of Episode IX?

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 12 Jul - 17:55

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:I also think it's hard to guess the ending at this point. I did vote for what I thought were the two options most representative of what I'd guess is the most likely scenario--Kylo/Ben performing some sort of public service to the galaxy as a method of atonement, and Rey accompanying him. So, to me, that would either be exploring the galaxy to learn about the Force or establishing some sort of new order for Force sensitives.

Don't hate me, but I do think that there's a very small outside chance that Kylo could die in some sort of huge self-sacrifice.

What I don't think we'll get is some sort of ambiguous ending, as far as Reylo goes. This is a huge Hollywood blockbuster trilogy, not a small indie film. I can't see them not going for an outcome that's going to be satisfying to the majority of the audience, whether it's a happy or a sad ending.

This is also why I think that if Reylo is going to be the central romance of the trilogy...it's going to be an actual romance. We're either getting a Space Kiss at some point, or we're not getting romantic Reylo, IMO.
@ISeeAnIsland

I agree with you. Whatever the ending is, it won't be ambiguous, IMO. And I also think it's either going to be a real romance or nothing. And not an understated romance, either.

I just can't guess how it would end. I would personally find Kylo's death to be an incredibly depressing ending, because I'm so invested in Leia getting her son back and Kylo finally getting to live a life that his father would have wanted for him too, but... eh. You never know.

But they're not going to snuff out the Skywalker bloodline, so if Kylo dies, he'll need to conceive a child first. As I've said too many times already, if any potential baby-making activities happen, he's likely to be a dead man. Razz
@Darth Dingbat

I agree with you on that. I fear for Kylo's life if we get a shot of him sneaking out of Rey's hut on Ahch-To one morning. Cry (That said, I don't think they go that route, on both the implied sex and Dead! Kylo route.)

IF we end the trilogy with Rey and Kylo together AND (and I'm skeptical of this) we have a follow-up trilogy that focuses on the same characters, you can still have them together without the relationship aspect being stale. A few years down the line, it could make sense for them to have a young child or two, which adds a whole other layer of urgency to whatever it is they encounter. Or be really daring and have them work through their problems when they fight...something that it sounds like Han and Leia never learned how to do. They fought; he left. Couples who stick it out absolutely need to learn to communicate and work through problems, even if it's painful. I'm not saying that a follow-up trilogy needs to turn into Before Midnight, but including some aspect of that could actually be really groundbreaking in a Hollywood blockbuster and still be satisfying.

_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4054
Likes : 21021
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you see Reylo at the end of Episode IX?

Post by LadyHa on Tue 12 Jul - 17:59


But they're not going to snuff out the Skywalker bloodline, so if Kylo dies, he'll need to conceive a child first. As I've said too many times already, if any potential baby-making activities happen, he's likely to be a dead man. Razz
@Darth Dingbat

I'm not sure that it's my favorite idea, but it keeps popping into my head that the end will be Kylo=dead and Rey=pregnant.  But, that's how Terminator ended, right?  (can't quite recall).  Also, would Disney sanction an out-of-wedlock baby?  Wait, did Han and Leia ever get married?
avatar
LadyHa
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 52
Likes : 255
Date d'inscription : 2016-06-23

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you see Reylo at the end of Episode IX?

Post by ZenBrainJam on Tue 12 Jul - 18:01

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@vaderito wrote:last scene = they are on Ahch-to and the Force tree/First Jedi Temple blooms. There's no point to have that tree if it won't bloom.
@vaderito
Indeed, dead trees don't exist in stories for no reason. The tree will be reborn before the end of the trilogy.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Exactly, I am stressing this tree thing from its appearance in these photos...
avatar
ZenBrainJam
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 379
Likes : 1296
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you see Reylo at the end of Episode IX?

Post by vaderito on Tue 12 Jul - 18:10

Speaking of the tree and Ahch-to in general, it doesn't make sense to me that the planet doesn't become the big deal in IX where Dark vs Light or whatever Force plot gets resolved. It isn't just any planet but the planet of the First Jedi Temple. Setting the big resolution of that particular plot anywhere else (including new books attempts to make Jakku a Thing) wouldn't be as epic, IMO.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7174
Likes : 34209
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you see Reylo at the end of Episode IX?

Post by Kyla Ren on Tue 12 Jul - 18:27

I voted for "Kylo dies in Rey's arms after redeeming himself", although if he does die, I'm not sure it will necessarily be in her arms.  But in any case, I just kind of don't think he will survive this trilogy.  I know that's probably not a popular opinion, and I'm not saying that that's what I want to happen.  It's just what I think will probably happen.  Although I think I will probably cry if it does. Sad    But I just don't really see the ending going any other way.  I mean, I can kind of see Kylo going off into exile, either with or without Rey, but I don't know.  I just don't really think the story will go that way.  I think it will probably end up being an epic tragic romance, ending with his death.

I mean, it would be nice if Kylo and Rey got married, had one or more little Reylo babies, and lived happily ever after somewhere, but I think that's highly unlikely.  I think Kylo dying at the end, probably while doing something very heroic like saving Rey, taking down Snoke or somehow just saving the galaxy in general is more likely.  Then I think the next trilogy, if there is one, will be about Rey and Kylo's kid(s).
avatar
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 536
Likes : 1608
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you see Reylo at the end of Episode IX?

Post by snufkin on Tue 12 Jul - 18:50

If he gets bumped off like he's a popular character on Season 3 of Downton Abbey, what the Hell does that mean for Han's big sacrifice? Han didn't risk getting killed so that his son would have the chance to do something big and then get killed himself. He risked getting killed to save his son's life, both physically and spiritually. And because when his back is against the wall, he'll always put himself on the line to protect/take care of what Leia wants. And she wants their son back, not just back on the Light Side, but back in her life. So that would be a huge downer if they went that route. Plus he's the princess held prisoner/enchanted by the big evil wizard that Rey has to defeat as the heroine in the Fairy Tale. So it'd be a huge bummer all around if they went that route.

Otherwise I like the "teamed up together to take down Snoke and then runs off for further adventures together. He can be Space MacArthur of the Outer Reaches or they can go do some more adventuring/exploring together (using her Scavenging skills) to learn the lost history of the Force.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5316
Likes : 22732
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you see Reylo at the end of Episode IX?

Post by Maria Antonietta on Tue 12 Jul - 18:55

@snufkin wrote:If he gets bumped off like he's a popular character on Season 3 of Downton Abbey, what the Hell does that mean for Han's big sacrifice? Han didn't risk getting killed so that his son would have the chance to do something big and then get killed himself. He risked getting killed to save his son's life, both physically and spiritually. And because when his back is against the wall, he'll always put himself on the line to protect/take care of what Leia wants. And she wants their son back, not just back on the Light Side, but back in her life. So that would be a huge downer if they went that route. Plus he's the princess held prisoner/enchanted by the big evil wizard that Rey has to defeat as the heroine in the Fairy Tale. So it'd be a huge bummer all around if they went that route.

Otherwise I like the "teamed up together to take down Snoke and then runs off for further adventures together. He can be Space MacArthur of the Outer Reaches or they can go do some more adventuring/exploring together (using her Scavenging skills) to learn the lost history of the Force.
@snufkin

Yes to this
avatar
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2477
Likes : 10491
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31
Localisation : Italia

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you see Reylo at the end of Episode IX?

Post by ZioRen on Tue 12 Jul - 18:58

@Kyla Ren wrote:I voted for "Kylo dies in Rey's arms after redeeming himself", although if he does die, I'm not sure it will necessarily be in her arms.  But in any case, I just kind of don't think he will survive this trilogy.  I know that's probably not a popular opinion, and I'm not saying that that's what I want to happen.  It's just what I think will probably happen.  Although I think I will probably cry if it does. Sad    But I just don't really see the ending going any other way.  I mean, I can kind of see Kylo going off into exile, either with or without Rey, but I don't know.  I just don't really think the story will go that way.  I think it will probably end up being an epic tragic romance, ending with his death.

I mean, it would be nice if Kylo and Rey got married, had one or more little Reylo babies, and lived happily ever after somewhere, but I think that's highly unlikely.  I think Kylo dying at the end, probably while doing something very heroic like saving Rey, taking down Snoke or somehow just saving the galaxy in general is more likely.  Then I think the next trilogy, if there is one, will be about Rey and Kylo's kid(s).
@Kyla Ren

I'm of a mind that he's only dying if he's not redeemed in the end. Otherwise it's far too much of an Original Trilogy repeat, and I just can't see them going that direction. TFA understandably got a lot of flak for that, but I'm under the impression that they set it up easy like that to bring the fans back in and then curve-ball it in VIII.

My biggest reason for thinking he'll survive (other than it being the only satisfying story) is that if we're right (and I'm very certain we are) about Rey not being a Skywalker, will they really end the trilogy killing off the only Skywalker descendant? That's admittedly a risky move, but it's one I can't see Disney taking. The sheer amount of rage would be mind-boggling.

As for Reylo, I personally think there won't be a big grand happy ending to this. Not that it wouldn't fit if there were, but I'm not seeing it. The first thing that pops in my head is Kylo heading off on some sort of journey at the end, probably from exile like many others speculate. Depending on how it's done, that CAN be a happy ending. I love endings where the heroes don't settle down and instead are heading off on another adventure. But I'm thinking there will be some ambiguity in Kylo's ending, and his romance with Rey if there is one. Kylo's a very grey character, and his redemption (if he lives) will probably come with a lot of caveats that Anakin never had to deal with.

Basically big happy white wedding is just about the last thing I expect at the end of this trilogy. Unless it's Finn and KMT's character!
avatar
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1036
Likes : 6459
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-28

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you see Reylo at the end of Episode IX?

Post by Kyla Ren on Tue 12 Jul - 19:06

@ZioRen wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:I voted for "Kylo dies in Rey's arms after redeeming himself", although if he does die, I'm not sure it will necessarily be in her arms.  But in any case, I just kind of don't think he will survive this trilogy.  I know that's probably not a popular opinion, and I'm not saying that that's what I want to happen.  It's just what I think will probably happen.  Although I think I will probably cry if it does. Sad    But I just don't really see the ending going any other way.  I mean, I can kind of see Kylo going off into exile, either with or without Rey, but I don't know.  I just don't really think the story will go that way.  I think it will probably end up being an epic tragic romance, ending with his death.

I mean, it would be nice if Kylo and Rey got married, had one or more little Reylo babies, and lived happily ever after somewhere, but I think that's highly unlikely.  I think Kylo dying at the end, probably while doing something very heroic like saving Rey, taking down Snoke or somehow just saving the galaxy in general is more likely.  Then I think the next trilogy, if there is one, will be about Rey and Kylo's kid(s).
@Kyla Ren

I'm of a mind that he's only dying if he's not redeemed in the end. Otherwise it's far too much of an Original Trilogy repeat, and I just can't see them going that direction. TFA understandably got a lot of flak for that, but I'm under the impression that they set it up easy like that to bring the fans back in and then curve-ball it in VIII.

My biggest reason for thinking he'll survive (other than it being the only satisfying story) is that if we're right (and I'm very certain we are) about Rey not being a Skywalker, will they really end the trilogy killing off the only Skywalker descendant? That's admittedly a risky move, but it's one I can't see Disney taking. The sheer amount of rage would be mind-boggling.

As for Reylo, I'm personally of a mind that there won't be a big grand happy ending to this. It would fit if there were, but I'm not seeing it. For some reason the first thing that pops in my head is Kylo heading off on some sort of journey at the end. Depending on how its done, that CAN be a happy ending. I love endings where the heroes don't settle down and instead are heading off on another adventure. But I'm thinking there will be some ambiguity in Kylo's ending, and his romance with Rey if there is one. Kylo's a very grey character, and his redemption (if he lives) will probably come with a lot of caveats that Anakin never had to deal with.

Basically big happy white wedding is just about the last thing I expect at the end of this trilogy. Unless it's Finn and KMT's character!
@ZioRen

I think Kylo will be redeemed by the end of the trilogy whether he lives or dies, although I kind of think he is going to die.  But whether he dies or not, I think Rey will be pregnant by the end of Episode IX, so Kylo will not be the last Skywalker.  Then I think their kid(s) will be the focus of the next trilogy.  I could be totally wrong, of course, and Kylo might survive and he and Rey and their kid(s) might live happily ever after.  And I would be more than fine with that.  I like happy endings. Smile
avatar
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 536
Likes : 1608
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you see Reylo at the end of Episode IX?

Post by snufkin on Tue 12 Jul - 19:42

@Maria Antonietta wrote:
@snufkin wrote:If he gets bumped off like he's a popular character on Season 3 of Downton Abbey, what the Hell does that mean for Han's big sacrifice? Han didn't risk getting killed so that his son would have the chance to do something big and then get killed himself. He risked getting killed to save his son's life, both physically and spiritually. And because when his back is against the wall, he'll always put himself on the line to protect/take care of what Leia wants. And she wants their son back, not just back on the Light Side, but back in her life. So that would be a huge downer if they went that route. Plus he's the princess held prisoner/enchanted by the big evil wizard that Rey has to defeat as the heroine in the Fairy Tale. So it'd be a huge bummer all around if they went that route.

Otherwise I like the "teamed up together to take down Snoke and then runs off for further adventures together. He can be Space MacArthur of the Outer Reaches or they can go do some more adventuring/exploring together (using her Scavenging skills) to learn the lost history of the Force.
@snufkin

Yes to this
@Maria Antonietta

Other reason, all of the ugly jerk on the Internet comments about how he deserves to die. Even if it's petty, I like the idea of him living in order to throw peoples' judgmental nastiness back in their faces.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5316
Likes : 22732
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you see Reylo at the end of Episode IX?

Post by CienaRee on Tue 12 Jul - 20:14

I agree with you guys that right now it's hrad to predict the ending since TFA was such a huge Mystery Box but I think it would be a Vader rip off if they have him die at the end of the trilogy.Not only is he the last Skywalker but unlike Vader he has so much potnetial for interesting storylines.They can do whatever they want wiht him because he represents btoh the dark and light side and is much more of  agrey character which is something unique for the SW franchise(excluding the EU).
However  I wouldn't throw away the theory that he might get Rey pregnant.Why?Because Disney did something similiar in Pirates of the Carribean where they had a kick a** heroine Elizabeth Swan  who married Will Turner only to have to wait for him for ten years while raising their child because he was cursed after having died and be revived .So a scenario where   Kylo  dies  and leaves Rey pregnant isn't completly off the table if they choose the easy way.
IMO,If rey goes with Kylo to Snok/FO I already imagine  tweets asking Pablo whether Kylo and Rey were having sex so they can speculate whether Kylo's a dea dman at the end of the trilogy or not. Laughing

CienaRee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 957
Likes : 4744
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you see Reylo at the end of Episode IX?

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 12 Jul - 20:28

@CienaRee wrote:I agree with you guys that right now it's hrad to predict the ending since TFA was such a huge Mystery Box but I think it would be a Vader rip off if they have him die at the end of the trilogy.Not only is he the last Skywalker but unlike Vader he has so much potnetial for interesting storylines.They can do whatever they want wiht him because he represents btoh the dark and light side and is much more of  agrey character which is something unique for the SW franchise(excluding the EU).
However  I wouldn't throw away the theory that he might get Rey pregnant.Why?Because Disney did something similiar in Pirates of the Carribean where they had a kick a** heroine Elizabeth Swan  who married Will Turner only to have to wait for him for ten years while raising their child because he was cursed after having died and be revived .So a scenario where   Kylo  dies  and leaves Rey pregnant isn't completly off the table if they choose the easy way.
IMO,If rey goes with Kylo to Snok/FO I already imagine  tweets asking Pablo whether Kylo and Rey were having sex so they can speculate whether Kylo's a dea dman at the end of the trilogy or not. Laughing
@CienaRee

I can just see it... If there's a scene that implies that Kylo and Rey had sex in VIII, or if there's even any ambiguity around whether they did or didn't "do it", someone will tweet Pablo and ask "Okay, now can you tell us if Kylo is still a virgin?"

_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4054
Likes : 21021
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum