Rian Johnson's Psychological Inspirations for VIII: Jung, Bly and the Human Shadow

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rian Johnson's Psychological Inspirations for VIII: Jung, Bly and the Human Shadow

Post by Maria Antonietta on Wed 28 Sep - 11:35

The audio book is soooo good and deep. Still I don't quite understand the difference between the "white shadow" and the dark one
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Re: Rian Johnson's Psychological Inspirations for VIII: Jung, Bly and the Human Shadow

Post by Maria Antonietta on Wed 28 Sep - 20:17

in chapter four, he tells a very interesting fairy tale about the son of a king and a queen. during childbirth, the son's shadow was threw out of the window in the form of a snake. when it was time to wed, he meets him. oh god, I'm too lazy to summarize, anyway the snake wanted to wed first because he's the oldest. he finally makes it, he marries a wood cutter's daughter, when they are alone at night after the wedding, the snake wants her to undress and she says to him: I'll do it but first you have to take one of your skins off. and it goes and goes until a shapeless mask remains of that snake. she takes it, bathes it into milk and she sees a beautiful boy arise.

If their intention is to peel kylo's costume away, maybe he's reading this kind of stories. it's really good, the original tale is called Laidly Worm. It is mainly about Daughter/Stepmother conflict
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 28 Sep - 20:29

@Maria Antonietta wrote:in chapter four, he tells a very interesting fairy tale about the son of a king and a queen. during childbirth, the son's shadow was threw out of the window in the form of a snake. when it was time to wed, he meets him. oh god, I'm too lazy to summarize, anyway the snake wanted to wed first because he's the oldest. he finally makes it, he marries a wood cutter's daughter, when they are alone at night after the wedding, the snake wants her to undress and she says to him: I'll do it but first you have to take one of your skins off. and it goes and goes until a shapeless mask remains of that snake. she takes it, bathes it into milk and she sees a beautiful boy arise.

If their intention is to peel kylo's costume away, maybe he's reading this kind of stories. it's really good, the original tale is called Laidly Worm. It is mainly about Daughter/Stepmother conflict
@Maria Antonietta

Actually, that tale is one of famous Prince Under the Spell tales like BatB. Very good analogy with Reylo.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Wed 28 Sep - 20:53

@vaderito wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:in chapter four, he tells a very interesting fairy tale about the son of a king and a queen. during childbirth, the son's shadow was threw out of the window in the form of a snake. when it was time to wed, he meets him. oh god, I'm too lazy to summarize, anyway the snake wanted to wed first because he's the oldest. he finally makes it, he marries a wood cutter's daughter, when they are alone at night after the wedding, the snake wants her to undress and she says to him: I'll do it but first you have to take one of your skins off. and it goes and goes until a shapeless mask remains of that snake. she takes it, bathes it into milk and she sees a beautiful boy arise.

@Maria Antonietta

Actually, that tale is one of famous Prince Under the Spell tales like BatB. Very good analogy with Reylo.
@vaderito

oooh so the witch in the woods put a spell on her son? why can't I analize tales correctly pale
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne on Fri 28 Oct - 15:22

a pretty insightful interview with johnson. i have only seen looper so i'm kinda really new to him but i love how much he really wants to answer.
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum