https://www.facebook.com/490443864490383/videos/513044218897014/
^^ found the comments funny Surprised
rey09
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VIII

Post by Gemini on Fri 1 Apr - 15:31

Thanks guys! gonna go into the significance of the positioning of that photo a bit later lol
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Fri 1 Apr - 15:35

CienaRee wrote:I find it hilarious that people automatically assumed that meant Kylo and Rey were brother and sister.

It suggests the complete opposite. It does have spoilers in the image. Han is the only one not looking at the viewer which foreshadowed his death
If Ren and Rey are to be a future couple, they are positioned the same way Han and Leia are (diagonal from one another)
Rey is wearing white like a bride and is set apart with a green background which suggests this is a family photo but she is an in-law and not direct blood.

Daisy then removed it!
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Fri 1 Apr - 15:43

You make some btreat points @Gemini.It really makes you wonder why Daisy would delete the picture since she would know Rey's not Han and Leia's daughter.
Now I'm thinking about the possibility of Rey marrying Kylo and some people will start tagging her as Rey Solo.Imagine how funny would that be? Laughing

CienaRee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Fri 1 Apr - 19:08

Well, I think it’s significant that we haven’t seen Ren expressing disappointment about his parents - just his father. I think Leia might be his weak spot.

One thing we should keep in mind is that perhaps the real conflict isn’t a new iteration of ”Resistance vs. Empire”, as such. As @Kalianah and I have theorised, perhaps there’s a bigger threat out there that threatens the entire galaxy, and that’s what matters to Ren. I don’t see Ren caring much either way about politics; I assume he’d be disillusioned by the way her mother was treated by the Republic as Vader’s daughter (as I assume we’re finding out in Bloodlines). Even if Ren was/still is out to do something for the greater good, I don’t think he’s doing it for the Resistance or the Republic. He’d probably be doing it on his own terms - stubbornly, even arrogantly, thinking himself alone the right person for the job.

As a lonely child I could see him imagining himself triumphant, "proving everybody wrong" (especially if he could already sense his father and others seeing "too much Vader" in him), and making his parents - especially his mother - proud. Of course the whole thing became a disaster, but...

Snoke has been in his head since he was a child, but perhaps Ren wasn’t as easily manipulated as everybody (including Snoke) thinks. Perhaps Ren learnt something that he wasn’t supposed to learn - i.e., about the bigger threat.

That Luke has removed himself from the Resistance vs. the FO conflict makes me wonder if he might be aware of such a bigger threat, too. It’s highly out of character for him to shun difficulties.

Lastly, I know I’ve said that I don’t believe Ren is working for the Resistance, but I still have to mention the Resistance symbol hidden in the folds of his cloak in the film poster... there’s no way that’s a natural fold, it was added (most likely photoshopped) there for some reason.

Kalianah wrote:
Just remember our battle cry! 100%! 100%!

100%!!!! I'm going to put that on a T-shirt Razz

I agree that a bit of darkness in Rey would go a long way.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by vaderito on Fri 1 Apr - 20:33

CienaRee wrote:I find it hilarious that people automatically assumed that meant Kylo and Rey were brother and sister.

Considering that some of the most vocal Rey Solo-ists were EU fans who wanted desperately for Rey and Kylo to be Jaina and Jacen Solo, it's no wonder. Now they support Rey Skywalker cause that's next best thing to Jaina and Jacen. That EU story is one of main reasons why there's such expectation that Rey and Kylo are related - cause EU had Jedi sister vs Sith brother (and bro died unrepented though he made a daughter before dying). Even though cousin vs cousin isn't nearly as compelling as twin sister vs twin brother (who grew up together so more's the heartbreak).

You can't take EU out of some fans. Rolling Eyes
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Fri 1 Apr - 21:27

Darth Dingleberry wrote:Well, I think it’s significant that we haven’t seen Ren expressing disappointment about his parents - just his father. I think Leia might be his weak spot.

One thing we should keep in mind is that perhaps the real conflict isn’t a new iteration of ”Resistance vs. Empire”, as such. As @Kalianah and I have theorised, perhaps there’s a bigger threat out there that threatens the entire galaxy, and that’s what matters to Ren. I don’t see Ren caring much either way about politics; I assume he’d be disillusioned by the way her mother was treated by the Republic as Vader’s daughter (as I assume we’re finding out in Bloodlines). Even if Ren was/still is out to do something for the greater good, I don’t think he’s doing it for the Resistance or the Republic. He’d probably be doing it on his own terms - stubbornly, even arrogantly, thinking himself alone the right person for the job.

As a lonely child I could see him imagining himself triumphant, "proving everybody wrong" (especially if he could already sense his father and others seeing "too much Vader" in him), and making his parents - especially his mother - proud. Of course the whole thing became a disaster, but...

Snoke has been in his head since he was a child, but perhaps Ren wasn’t as easily manipulated as everybody (including Snoke) thinks. Perhaps Ren learnt something that he wasn’t supposed to learn - i.e., about the bigger threat.

That Luke has removed himself from the Resistance vs. the FO conflict makes me wonder if he might be aware of such a bigger threat, too. It’s highly out of character for him to shun difficulties.

Lastly, I know I’ve said that I don’t believe Ren is working for the Resistance, but I still have to mention the Resistance symbol hidden in the folds of his cloak in the film poster... there’s no way that’s a natural fold, it was added (most likely photoshopped) there for some reason.

Kalianah wrote:

What!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Can you send me a link? Or can you tell me which poster???
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Fri 1 Apr - 21:39

Sylvia Snow wrote:
Darth Dingleberry wrote:Well, I think it’s significant that we haven’t seen Ren expressing disappointment about his parents - just his father. I think Leia might be his weak spot.

Kalianah wrote:

What!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Can you send me a link? Or can you tell me which poster???

The official TFA poster - look closely at the folds of cloth on his shoulder.

@FrolickingFizzgig made a really good pic pointing it out, but alas, it was in the old thread in the other forum and I can't find it anymore.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 1 Apr - 21:48

Kylo couldn't express disappointment with his mother since the topic was Han. there was no Leia in Rey's mind/memory so he was focused only on what he saw.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville on Sat 2 Apr - 2:47

Gemini wrote:

It suggests the complete opposite. It does have spoilers in the image. Han is the only one not looking at the viewer which foreshadowed his death
If Ren and Rey are to be a future couple, they are positioned the same way Han and Leia are (diagonal from one another)
Rey is wearing white like a bride and is set apart with a green background which suggests this is a family photo but she is an in-law and not direct blood.

Daisy then removed it!

To be fair, it could have been something as simple as legal issues with one picture or another. Wink
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalianah on Sat 2 Apr - 17:13

AnneNeville wrote:
Gemini wrote:

Daisy then removed it!

To be fair, it could have been something as simple as legal issues with one picture or another. Wink

Or it could have been something that she found on the internet and posted - like she didn't make it on her own, etc. All of those were pictures previously released publicly during promo, so it's not a stretch to assume some fan made it and she just used it as promo.

But I do think she likely took it down because people were very very heavily speculating with it and even if they can be a bit more open about the movie(s) now, they shouldn't egg it on that publicly.
Kalianah
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

http://reylosource.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne on Mon 4 Apr - 16:26

i spent my weekend binge-watching girls and hungry hearts - a bit of a terrible combination if you ask me.

hungry hearts is so heavy on the melodrama! has anyone seen it? i know @blackisthecolor has.
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Mon 4 Apr - 16:29

guardienne wrote:i spent my weekend binge-watching girls and hungry hearts - a bit of a terrible combination if you ask me.

hungry hearts is so heavy on the melodrama! has anyone seen it? i know @blackisthecolor has.

I have. I was so anxious the whole movie I had to watch a comedy afterward to decompress. As a parent, it horrified me. But... Adam was amazing in it. He's going to be such a sweet Ben Solo.
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackIsTheColor on Mon 4 Apr - 17:07

Yep! It's a thriller...not relaxing at all! lol
It's claustrophobic, controversial and gloomy and it makes you think about people becoming obsessive in their beliefs (Mina). Adam is amazing. I think the chemistry between the two leading actors worked well.
(they both won Volpi cup as best leading actors at the Venice Film festival Smile )
BlackIsTheColor
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne on Mon 4 Apr - 17:55

ha i don't watch comedies so all i had was my disbelief to guide me. but jeezus driver has a thing for broken families. like, it's not funny.
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Ren's 8-Pack on Tue 5 Apr - 1:33

He may be drawing from his own personal experiences.
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Tue 5 Apr - 1:43

Kylo Ren's 8-Pack wrote:He may be drawing from his own personal experiences.
@Kylo Ren's 8-Pack

It is definitely a factor, I would say. He talks about Kramer versus Kramer being one of his favourite movies in this short clip...

Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Ren's 8-Pack on Tue 5 Apr - 2:35

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack wrote:He may be drawing from his own personal experiences.
@Kylo Ren's 8-Pack

It is definitely a factor, I would say. He talks about Kramer versus Kramer being one of his favourite movies in this short clip...

@"Mrs Ben Solo -

Yes, i have reason to believe he is drawing from his own experiences.
Without going into personal details, I will say that.

Part of the reason I am so supportive of Adam and his success as an actor is that when you are aware of his backstory, it just warms the heart to see how far he has come from where he was.
I wish nothing but the best for him, and I truly hope he will be able to continue on the up and up.
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville on Tue 5 Apr - 2:50

@Kylo Ren's 8-Pack Actors often have certain themes that appeal to them, and from various interviews it seems like he has a strong desire to see certain kinds of characters portrayed--as if there is a need that must be met, a lack of certain role models that should be provided.
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Tue 5 Apr - 2:55

@Force22 Thank you, I can't believe I never saw it  WTH
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Ren's 8-Pack on Tue 5 Apr - 3:15

AnneNeville wrote:@Kylo Ren's 8-Pack Actors often have certain themes that appeal to them, and from various interviews it seems like he has a strong desire to see certain kinds of characters portrayed--as if there is a need that must be met, a lack of certain role models that should be provided.
@AnneNeville

Yes, that is indeed true.
I can see that pattern as well in his role choices to date.
It has to be something that interests him from a performance or personal reason.

Like the need he felt had to be addressed in the military.
It was his own personal experience serving as a Marine that made him feel that soilders and those that served needed a way to express themselves through the arts to rid themselves of pent up aggressive feelings.
Thus he created his non-profit organization that travels around and performs for units, helping fulfill a need he felt was lacking.
Smile
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun on Tue 5 Apr - 4:11

Updates:
In this facebook announcement for his AITAF event, Adam Driver says that he will be working on Star Wars in London on April 8th.

He will also be at the GI Film Festival on April 7th.

So is another round of filming starting on the 8th, since Adam Driver was able to attend one event but not the next? Idk if this tells us anything. And this isn't stalking...these are official announcements. Very Happy

Also RE: personal experiences being involved in Adam's acting/AITAF: I suggest listening to this NPR interview for more information! Adam Driver talks about how he chooses his roles very carefully. He also talks a lot about his childhood/past and how he feels about AITAF in depth. I think this is where you got your info, possibly, @Kylo Ren's 8-Pack. Smile
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum