Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VIII

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VIII

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Tue 5 Apr - 2:24

I don't think AD will actually be attending the GI Film Festival in person. He is part of a documentary that will be showing there.

It seems like some of the actors, including Carrie Fisher and Adam Driver, had a short break in their filming schedules last week. Mark and Daisy were filming and doing night shoots for a couple of days, at least. DR did say on that Facebook chat that she was filming all last week with Mark. The Ireland filming will hopefully give us some idea of which actors are involved in that segment.
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 5 Apr - 7:00

jakkusun wrote:@guardienne I'll get check out the thread!
@Kylo Ren's 8-Pack Nice pictures and "Yes! Yes! Exactly!" to your post!
@Kessel89 Yeah! I don't think I'll be able to watch it live, though. :/ Thanks for the link!

I just had to post these pages from the book The Theater of War (they are from the free sample of the book, too, so it is 100% legal to post these, since anyone can go access them). I am really liking this book and recommend it (especially the audio version with AD narrating).
The pages are showing up huge so I put them in this spoiler tag:

I think Han's death and Kylo Ren's life up until the end of TFA is a mini-tragedy and that in viii and ix we will get the unique chance to see the character actually learn from the tragedy. I think Kylo Ren will get to do what other tragic characters don't. He will be able to "correct course" and Han's death won't just mean something, Han's death with do something.

This book also talks a lot about fate in the tragedies which is super applicable to Kylo Ren "having too much Vader" in him, thing. I don't think that "fate" will be theme of Star Wars. It will be about overcoming what seemed fated.

And this really does apply to Adam Driver because as this article, shows, they work together and probably share a similar views.
@jakkusun

OMG! I am ridiculously behind in this thread, but this is the most amazing post ever @jakkusun. I have to buy that book. It puts into amazing language the grey area between mistakes and delusion and responsibility. It's about recovery and correction not forever condemnation. This is just the kind of thing AD does with his non-profit. I imagine this author is a great influence on him. Also, AD said that JJ and Larry were very "collaborative" in building the character. If these kinds of themes are in there, it will bring this series to a whole new level. Wow! Thank you for sharing this!
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 5 Apr - 7:17

Darth Dingbat wrote:
Reynak wrote:
Darth Dingleberry wrote:Well, it does come down to personal preference, @MeadowofAshes and @vaderito - I've said it before but I don't think Ren originally having a motive that could be seen as good but then getting lost along the way would cheapen the character at all. It would add more tragedy to his fate, deepen his conflict, but not excuse his crimes.

As a matter of fact, I would find it rather disappointing if, after all the mystery and ambiguity we've been presented with, his original motivation turns out to have been just some version of "I want to be bad and powerful like grandpa Vader".

I feel the same, exactly like you. I wouldn't like to know he did it for power, to bring order to the galaxy or thing of the sort. I also hope his aim is good although his methods are horrible, but this wouldn't be an excuse for his crimes. It never is and I don't think he finds excusese for what he does either. He feels like s*** . Why would he insist on staying in the Dark Side, always pretneding, because he hates it and it shows when he unmasks? If he believed the Dark Side is the best option he woulnd't be so unhappy.

Exactly...

The slant of Kylo Ren’s redemption arc will make all the difference, I think. It could be simply about a man making his way back from the darkness, or it could be that and turning the audience’s skewed perceptions on their head. The fact that there was so much ambiguity about him in TFA to begin with makes me convinced there must be a lot more to it than meets the eye.

Having a justifiable motive behind it all wouldn’t erase his crimes, but it would certainly help to make him and his situation more morally grey, paving the way to the Grey Jedi who has been to hell and back. The thing is: nothing will undo Han’s death (or LST’s death, or the death of the villagers, but patricide is the Big Thing). Ren wouldn’t stop being a controversial character even if he had the most noble motive in the world. There would still be people saying "cool motive, still murder". His redemption, and any potential Reylo development, would still be a risky and surprising move and demand a lot of forgiveness from everybody.

But at the moment he’s unfathomable because it seems like he’s willfully trying very hard to be dark (just like an emo teen trying to be "edgy"), actively choosing evil, even though he has that natural impulse to the light. I would personally find his pull to the light quite unconvincing in the SW context if he didn’t have some kind of a hidden motive sustaining him over the years, even if he has already lost hope in it to a large extent. It shouldn’t be that hard to turn bad if that’s what you really want from life.

After everything he’s done, his reasons will have to be really good to sell his redemption to the audience. As we’ve seen from the redemption thread and elsewhere, most people can’t even imagine the existence of such reasons at this point.

I may be biased because I personally have a liking for narratives that hold a mirror to the audience and say: look how quick you were to judge. I would find it very satisfying. Scapegoat turned anti-hero type of trajectory doesn’t only challenge the characters, it challenges the audience in a startling manner.

I understand we don’t all like the same things, but I confess I don’t quite understand why there’s so much resistance to the "double agent" theories even among Reylo shippers. Perhaps it’s because the term "double agent" implies something different… I don’t think he’d be working for the Resistance, let alone with their approval; if his goal was to do something for the ultimate good of the galaxy, I suspect nobody else knew about his plan.

I could easily imagine a brash young boy who thinks he knows better than everyone else and thinks he’s the only one who can solve a problem, because nobody else is listening and nobody understands, and then gets in way over his head. Starting with the best of intentions and ending up a tragic and reviled figure, each new act of darkness taking his soul another step away from salvation. How isn’t that dramatically compelling…?

It’s not that I don’t think character trajectories where a genuinely selfish man learns to be selfless, or a cold man learns to feel, a misguided man learns the error of his ways, and so on, aren’t satisfying. I do. But it’s hard to imagine how that would be enough in this particular case. Ren’s crimes are so grave and yet so ambiguously presented that, from my point of view, they need to be explained in some way - not to lessen their significance, but for them to make sense. Explaining isn’t the same as excusing.

We shall see. (I always say this nowadays, about everything…)

Like @Kalianah (with whom we have some theories which are a bit ”out there”, but we think they’re good ones Wink) I believe Ben not only had visions of Rey, but also troubling visions of the future. There would obviously be a precedent for that sort of thing, too, in Jacen Solo.
@Darth Dingbat

I am very late to this party, but I agree with every word of this post @Darth Dingbat.  Second absolutely amazing post I have read in this thread tonight! How have I been missing out on this thread?!!!!!

@ISeeAnIsland: "
The bolded paragraph is a big part of what I feel went down for Ben/Kylo to end up where he is. I do think that there was some sort of active, awful betrayal though by Han (and possibly Luke) that played a big part in it, too--we've been getting hints about something bad that Han did that contributed to Ben turning.

I think that the resistance to the "double agent theory" by a lot of us is more a resistance to the term... "Double agent" makes me think of someone who was working for the "good guys" all along, possibly with Leia's knowledge, and I don't think that's what happened here."

Exactly.  Every word of this.  I think he is too disgusted by the "murderers, thieves, traitors" of the Resistance to be their man on this inside, but I absolutely think he went into this with some goal in mind beyond "I must have power."  He doesn't enjoy the power.  He's just alone and suffering and resigned to his fate.  I too think something went down with Han and Luke, and he probably made some bad decisions while in pain, especially with the long-term Snoke influence (who probably swooped right in at the worst and most vulnerable moment) and now he really doesn't think he has anybody at all.  I too am quite convinced that he has been haunted by some kind of vision.  "Vader" (whoever Vader was/is) told him something.  He is basing his whole life off of that.  That's why he went to that mask like a penitent in a confessional.  I wouldn't be surprised if he had been haunted by something for many years (most likely Snoke implanted), something that upset him and made him seem "Vaderish" to his family.  He would have felt very alone if they dismissed him.  And then, perhaps, at a very bad moment, like when he is betrayed by the family somehow or it comes out to the galaxy that he really is Vader's grandson (which would be another betrayal if he never knew), he comes across Vader's helmet (there is some kind of relic substory I think based on some of the pre-production concepts) and then Vader, (who Snoke tells him was wonderful), confirms the vision he's had all along.  Vader can be trusted.  Vader has no agenda.  Vader is the only member of his family that hasn't lied to him ... all that.

Last edited by SoloSideCousin on Tue 5 Apr - 7:35; edited 1 time in total
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Tue 5 Apr - 7:32

Does anybody know if Adam Driver or the other cast members will attend the MTV Movie Awards? According to early predictions AD will win for best villain:  

http://www.goldderby.com/awardshows/top24/mtv-movie-awards-2016/villain.html

Last edited by EchoBase on Tue 5 Apr - 8:08; edited 1 time in total
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalianah on Tue 5 Apr - 7:38

Hmm, I can't see Adam attending and the cast are in London filming through this week.

He'll go if they make him, but I don't think they will. I really wish he would though x.x

But that's AWESOME I do hope he wins something.

I personally would've preferred him and daisy winning best fight but I'll take what I can get lol
Kalianah
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

http://reylosource.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Tue 5 Apr - 7:47

Kalianah wrote:Hmm, I can't see Adam attending and the cast are in London filming through this week.

He'll go if they make him, but I don't think they will. I really wish he would though x.x

But that's AWESOME I do hope he wins something.

I personally would've preferred him and daisy winning best fight but I'll take what I can get lol
@Kalianah
Me, too. Hm, maybe we are luckier in 2018, when they win for best kiss  Laughing
One can dream.
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 5 Apr - 7:49

rey09 wrote:@guardienne Yes I agree, it sounded off. I really do wonder what was going through his mind. Sadly don't think it's in the book or in the script? But he seemed to be consumed by some feeling, crouching, clutching the seat.

But then again calling him "dad" may not been right either. I can't picture him saying father lol.
@rey09

He seemed to be holding himself up in that scene.  He was upset and really trying hard to hold himself together.  If he had said the word "father" or "Dad", he would have fallen apart IMO.  After watching the interrogation scene on I-Tunes I have a whole new take on it.  I need more time to think through the write-up, but I think he has all kinds psychologically distancing tricks that he employs to hold it together, ranging from smashing things, covering up, to not using a word like "Dad" which would evoke intense emotion.  He is just completely on the edge of breaking down in a lot of these scenes.  The more he can "try not to feel" the easier it is to hold it together.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 5 Apr - 8:01

guardienne wrote:i am of two minds (haha) because on the one hand, i think kylo ren is a performance, on the other i think that kylo ren is also real, a real capacity of ben's.

i think both are possible.

but to me, for various reasons, he won't be able to ever rid himself of 'kylo' because of how he's acted whilst being him, but it never wholly genuine either...

i can't imagine ben, really, i think we see glimpses of a very serious and very emotional person. like, to me he is an essentially geeky kid, who was anxious and withdrawn and not a lot of fun. or that's how he felt received.
@guardienne

I agree with all of this. IMO Kylo Ren is a carefully constructed persona that gives him courage, makes him feel powerful and hides and protects emotional Ben Solo. In the documentary there is a clip where Kathleen Kennedy says something like "Just putting on the mask will make him feel more powerful." Kylo can do things "weak and foolish" Ben never could. It's a manifestation of self-loathing of course, but I also think Kylo Ren is a protective armor for a tender interior. So I agree, in one respect Kylo is a front, but on the other hand, Ben Solo created Kylo, Ben Solo does all this bad stuff as Kylo, Ben Solo is capable of being Kylo. In the end it is the same man, but these identities need to integrate. Ben needs Kylo's strength and confidence. Kylo needs Ben's soul. That's why I often think that post-redemption Kylo should have a third, new name, or should just stick with Kylo Ren ... or at least the Kylo Ren that Rey met, because that guy, the sympathetic, empathetic "I see the island" guy who has compassion for her is still reading her mind without a second thought. That's the push-pull of dark and light. That's the work-in-progress, early proto-type, still-lots-of-problems version of Kylo Ren/Ben Solo 2.0.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus on Tue 5 Apr - 12:20

jakkusun wrote:

I just had to post these pages from the book The Theater of War (they are from the free sample of the book, too, so it is 100% legal to post these, since anyone can go access them). I am really liking this book and recommend it (especially the audio version with AD narrating).
The pages are showing up huge so I put them in this spoiler tag:

I think Han's death and Kylo Ren's life up until the end of TFA is a mini-tragedy and that in viii and ix we will get the unique chance to see the character actually learn from the tragedy. I think Kylo Ren will get to do what other tragic characters don't. He will be able to "correct course" and Han's death won't just mean something, Han's death with do something.

And that is all you need to know. Will definitely be getting my hands on this book. Funny thing is, I was just reading through the Oresteia again seeing as, if Kylo does feel remorse over his killing of Han, I can see it playing out in a similar fashion to Orestes' torment at the hands of the Furies after he murdered his mother.
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalianah on Tue 5 Apr - 15:44

“The backstory is, that that table has the ashes of the enemies he’s killed,” Abrams says. “That moment was actually shot for, and meant to be used in, the scene where he was talking to the Vader mask.”

In other words, that table of ash was originally in Ren’s private quarters. And the fact that he incinerates and preserves the remains of his foes adds a new, eerie dimension to his Dark Side nostalgia — and hoarding tendencies.

It also means we almost saw Driver’s face much earlier in the film, when he stares into the molten mask of Vader and vows to finish what his grandfather started.

“He originally had his mask off the first time we shot that scene. Then we reshot it with his mask on, but we had that shot which I loved and thought was so cool of the mask being slammed down into that ash,” Abrams says. “So that shot was stolen from the scene that we had changed and put into the scene with Rey.”

In drafts of the script, Ren always removed his mask to show his face to Rey. The only difference was what he did with the helmet once it was off. (We can all relate to that awkard interrogation situation: Where do you place your terrifying black visor after revealing the unexpected humanity beneath?)

“He used to place his mask gingerly onto a piece of the set, which was incredibly unimpressive,” Abrams says with a laugh. “So this moment made it a much cooler beat.”

from here: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/05/star-wars-force-awakens-jj-abrams-kylo-ren-ashes

Oh god...the implications of this - a) that we were originally to first see his face from VERY early on - like SUPER early. Because remember the Vader scene was almost immediately after the Jakku village scene, and then we would see his face in front of Snoke when the Han Solo thing was revealed, but they left that reveal with REY.

And from that picture, his hair was always super floofy under the mask - JFC you guys, lol, MY HEART.

Also god dang Kylo, you take people whom you've killed and keep their ashes in your room? GOD.

I find that so dark (because it is), but I love it.
Kalianah
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville on Tue 5 Apr - 15:45

He has such a nice and comfy looking modernist leather armchair in his quarters.
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalianah on Tue 5 Apr - 15:53

I know! And the arrangement of the Vader scene changed - the pillar of ash was behind the chair in that scene.

It also means that they always meant to have him unnmask in front of Rey, but they cut everything else out (and CGI'd the mask in others) just so that the audience had her same reaction...

oh lord, you guys...it's a whole thing yall, a whole thing
Kalianah
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne on Tue 5 Apr - 17:49

also, sight of costume without outer robe makes me drool a little.
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Ren's 8-Pack on Tue 5 Apr - 19:46

Ujakkusun wrote:Updates:
In this facebook announcement for his AITAF event, Adam Driver says that he will be working on Star Wars in London on April 8th.

He will also be at the GI Film Festival on April 7th.

So is another round of filming starting on the 8th, since Adam Driver was able to attend one event but not the next? Idk if this tells us anything. And this isn't stalking...these are official announcements. Very Happy

Also RE: personal experiences being involved in Adam's acting/AITAF: I suggest listening to this NPR interview for more information! Adam Driver talks about how he chooses his roles very carefully. He also talks a lot about his childhood/past and how he feels about AITAF in depth. I think this is where you got your info, possibly, @Kylo Ren's 8-Pack. Smile

Ah..no, I had learned of his early years elsewhere.
This is the first time I have seen that particular interview linked above, and I enjoyed reading it so I thank you for posting it here.

Adam had talked in the past about bits and pieces of his past throughout various interviews, and also when the topic comes up in casual conversation.
We all have a story to tell regarding our upbringing and younger years.
Some of us choose to embrace that past, some choose to try and forget about it.
Then there are some who use that past to motivate them in a positive direction to do something more with their lives.
And that is where Adam fits in.
Bless his little heart, he beat the odds and actively went out and made a difference!

Let us all hope Kylo Ren will be able to do the same!
Smile

-
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 5 Apr - 20:07

Kalianah wrote:

“The backstory is, that that table has the ashes of the enemies he’s killed,” Abrams says. “That moment was actually shot for, and meant to be used in, the scene where he was talking to the Vader mask.”

In other words, that table of ash was originally in Ren’s private quarters. And the fact that he incinerates and preserves the remains of his foes adds a new, eerie dimension to his Dark Side nostalgia — and hoarding tendencies.

It also means we almost saw Driver’s face much earlier in the film, when he stares into the molten mask of Vader and vows to finish what his grandfather started.

“He originally had his mask off the first time we shot that scene. Then we reshot it with his mask on, but we had that shot which I loved and thought was so cool of the mask being slammed down into that ash,” Abrams says. “So that shot was stolen from the scene that we had changed and put into the scene with Rey.”

In drafts of the script, Ren always removed his mask to show his face to Rey. The only difference was what he did with the helmet once it was off. (We can all relate to that awkard interrogation situation: Where do you place your terrifying black visor after revealing the unexpected humanity beneath?)

“He used to place his mask gingerly onto a piece of the set, which was incredibly unimpressive,” Abrams says with a laugh. “So this moment made it a much cooler beat.”

from here: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/05/star-wars-force-awakens-jj-abrams-kylo-ren-ashes

Oh god...the implications of this - a) that we were originally to first see his face from VERY early on - like SUPER early. Because remember the Vader scene was almost immediately after the Jakku village scene, and then we would see his face in front of Snoke when the Han Solo thing was revealed, but they left that reveal with REY.

And from that picture, his hair was always super floofy under the mask - JFC you guys, lol, MY HEART.

Also god dang Kylo, you take people whom you've killed and keep their ashes in your room? GOD.

I find that so dark (because it is), but I love it.
@Kalianah

Ah man, that is dark.  When I first read this, I was like "dammit, this Reylo thing isn't going to happen.  They're not going to put her with a guy who keeps dead enemies ashes in his room!"

But then I thought more about it.  First of all, who makes up those ashes? Are the ashes of people who did something to him and as a result of those actions he turned dark?  Does he keep them there as a constant reminder why he needs to stay dark?

The next thought I had was about this "dark relic hoarder" aspect of him in the context of him telling Vader that he feels the "call to the Light."  It made me think that he actually must feel the call to the light constantly.  That's why  he has all this darkness-imbued stuff around him! It's like he can't carry off the darkness without all this constant assistance.  If you look at it that way, Reylo actually makes perfect sense.  That's why he become so light so quickly in her presence.  That's why he becomes so vulnerable so quickly with Han until that metaphysical sweep of darkness/Manchurian candidate moment seems to take him when the sun goes out.

He needs constant "darkness" support.  The Emperor and Vader sure didn't need that.

This also made me think about what JJ said about the "darkness awakening" in Kylo, and that Art of The Force Awakens book saying that the force chose darkness for Kylo.  If you tie in those thoughts with the yin and yang theme and think of the force as a sentient presence at times, the force is putting Kylo into place to be the dark yin and Rey into place to be the light yang, each with light and dark still within them.  They both "awaken" in the same short period of the time, and in that short time frame they develop a force bond and have an epic "yin and yang chasing each other" battle in the forest.  Also, due to the earthquake (the force deciding something else?), her darkness can subside and she not kill him and they can "chase" another day.  Chase until they join together, as in the Asian mythology @Sylvia Snow brought up ... with the mortal enemies of the dragon and phoenix coming together for perfect balance and bliss.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Tue 5 Apr - 20:29

Soo, what you all are saying is that Kylo's redemption will play out like Mewtwo's (Pokémon)?

Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville on Tue 5 Apr - 21:32

That NPR interview is great.
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Ren's 8-Pack on Wed 6 Apr - 1:09

Indeed.
Good to see it, as now folks will be better able to understand some of the points I was referring to the other day regarding his past history.
It's better having Adam tell the story himself instead of others, anyway.
Winks

So...

Here it is April 5th, TFA is now officially and legally out on disc here Stateside....

....and we need a lot more screen shots in this thread!

Get to it, people!

Tire langue L
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Wed 6 Apr - 11:05

Kylo Ren's 8-Pack wrote:....and we need a lot more screen shots in this thread!

Get to it, people!

Tire langue L
@Kylo Ren's 8-Pack

Gotcha. Cool

Alright, as for the final battle; after seeing a couple of GIFs which show Driver's godlike acting in detail I actually have a whole lot more respect for that fella's power (twist your head a bit for the 2nd GIF):

Like, HOLY sh!t that blaster shot from Chewie did hurt him quite a lot. Look at his face while he pulls himself up a little, right before he beats himself:

And here, straining to get up, but flinching back to the ground (again, watch the head):

Damn. Shocked I hope they got him some bacta real quick.

Also, admire the snowflakes:

Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Ren's 8-Pack on Wed 6 Apr - 19:05

Thank you for those.

Smile

From what little I have seen, it looks to me like Adam really pushed himself hard during the days they shot the duel scenes.
A few of the images and clips show him looking really knackered...emotionally drained and perhaps even a little tired.
Accursed  jet lag effecting him...of perhaps lunch not settling well?
No, likely just his awesome ability to really drawn from deep within to give a engrossing performance and be totally committed to that.
He fully understands the mental state this character should be in during these key moments and he never drops the persona.
He excels at that..just look at the scenes we have been talking about for the last three months.
Absolutely fantastic.

It takes a toll on you though....but like i enjoy saying in such moments -
" Pain in temporary, but film is forever..! "

Wink
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Wed 6 Apr - 20:09

Now I understand why I was feeling like I missed some posts in the Redemption thread touching on the double agent theory. Some posts were here Very Happy Need to come here once in a while.
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun on Thu 7 Apr - 7:36

A very good meta on Kylo Ren/Adam Driver that focuses a lot on Theater of War: Moral Injury, Tragedy, and Kylo Ren

So...warning: this is connecting real-life things to star wars and I can't even tell if the meta is pro-redemption or not, but it was written by a reylo shipper, so...idk
And did you guys know his room was called "the padded room" during production? I didn't...wow.
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne on Thu 7 Apr - 9:14

jakkusun wrote:A very good meta on Kylo Ren/Adam Driver that focuses a lot on Theater of War: Moral Injury, Tragedy, and Kylo Ren

So...warning: this is connecting real-life things to star wars and I can't even tell if the meta is pro-redemption or not, but it was written by a reylo shipper, so...idk
And did you guys know his room was called "the padded room" during production? I didn't...wow.
@jakkusun

it's arguing for neither redemption or no redemption. it's analysing TFA as a self-contained tragedy. and that way it has cathartic function by itself.

i want to hug this writer very hard. i feel very akin to her and she is saying things that i haven't been able to articulate very well myself.

i think it's definitely true that kylo ren is the centre of a tragedy and i absolutely trust that driver understands this. what i would find a waste is to not turn this around for the character. regardless of whether he is someone's son. he would always have been someone's son.
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Thu 7 Apr - 9:40

I recently found this article about why Kylo is the greatest Star Wars character yet. It's a mostly positive portrayal of what makes him such a compelling character. The article doesn't analyze the future of the character per se or his possibility for redemption, etc., but it says a lot of other stuff (about his personality), in general. It's an example of how special this character is.

http://www.atypicalgeek.net/2016/03/13-reasons-kylo-ren-greatest-star-wars-character-yet/
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Thu 7 Apr - 9:57

Kessel89 wrote:I recently found this article about why Kylo is the greatest Star Wars character yet. It's a mostly positive portrayal of what makes him such a compelling character. The article doesn't analyze the future of the character per se or his possibility for redemption, etc., but it says a lot of other stuff (about his personality), in general. It's an example of how special this character is.

http://www.atypicalgeek.net/2016/03/13-reasons-kylo-ren-greatest-star-wars-character-yet/
@Kessel89

Great article. He is indeed a compelling character.
JJ was so right in saying that Kylo Ren is some kind of character having never appeared before in a Star Wars Movie.
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum