Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VIII

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VIII

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 30 Mar - 14:29

Unless they have 'child friendly' toys and 'adult' action figures - I notice that in the Marvel comics adaptation you see Kylo with blood all over him and his facial wound; in the junior graphic novel he has neither.

In any case the freshly inflicted wound was gruesome enough; we'll probably get a 'healed' version of that, which might look something like this:

https://cdnb1.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/003/808/477/large/jay-clark-13708276-10155242505133018-8739182612811700571-o.jpg?1477589336
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Thu 30 Mar - 15:02

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Unless they have 'child friendly' toys and 'adult' action figures - I notice that in the Marvel comics adaptation you see Kylo with blood all over him and his facial wound; in the junior graphic novel he has neither.

In any case the freshly inflicted wound was gruesome enough; we'll probably get a 'healed' version of that, which might look something like this:

https://cdnb1.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/003/808/477/large/jay-clark-13708276-10155242505133018-8739182612811700571-o.jpg?1477589336
@motherofpearl1

The marvel comic adaption is not targeted at younger children....it is for comic book fans. While it is visually interesting, they wont go that far in a movie as it has to be a look that appeals to a wide audience (both the adult viewers and the young readers of the junior novels)

Lol....that looks like Mike Zeroh or some other Youtuber's interpretation of Kylo's look for TLJ.  Razz  I am certain this will not be Kylo's look for a very specific reason-

In canon, Saw Gerera in Rebels has an scar near identical to the one Kylo should be having.....

Here is his look in the movie:

1. Saw Gerrera was in hiding  in catacombs and didn't have the resources to avail decent medical facilities (as we can see from his bad prosthetic and breathing apparatus)....also, he spent months on the poison covered planet of Geonosis without any medical help. So a scar like the one he had should have been even worse than that of Kylo (even if it is argued that Kylo might be denied medical aid by Snoke and/or Hux).

2. Saw is not force sensitive....light and dark side force users can use healing to heal their wounds faster even without medical aid.

3. Saw is not a potential romantic lead and handsome prince of a fairy tale....Kylo is. So if they have been careful to make Saw Gerrera's scar look more aesthetically pleasing for both RO and Rebels, why would they make Kylo have a whopping big scar across his face?  Suspect

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 30 Mar - 15:10

It's crazy but I wish they'd make some sort of 'director's cut' of the SW films so we adults might get some more 'mature' stuff - like some hot Reylo action! Very Happy
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 30 Mar - 15:13

@panki wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:Unless they have 'child friendly' toys and 'adult' action figures - I notice that in the Marvel comics adaptation you see Kylo with blood all over him and his facial wound; in the junior graphic novel he has neither.

@motherofpearl1

The marvel comic adaption is not targeted at younger children....it is for comic book fans. While it is visually interesting, they wont go that far in a movie as it has to be a look that appeals to a wide audience (both the adult viewers and the young readers of the junior novels)

Lol....that looks like Mike Zeroh or some other Youtuber's interpretation of Kylo's look for TLJ.  Razz  I am certain this will not be Kylo's look for a very specific reason-

In canon, Saw Gerera in Rebels has an scar near identical to the one Kylo should be having.....

1. Saw Gerrera was in hiding  in catacombs and didn't have the resources to avail decent medical facilities (as we can see from his bad prosthetic and breathing apparatus)....also, he spent months on the poison covered planet of Geonosis without any medical help. So a scar like the one he had should have been even worse than that of Kylo (even if it is argued that Kylo might be denied medical aid by Snoke and/or Hux).

2. Saw is not force sensitive....light and dark side force users can use healing to heal their wounds faster even without medical aid.

3. Saw is not a potential romantic lead and handsome prince of a fairy tale....Kylo is. So if they have been careful to make Saw Gerrera's scar look more aesthetically pleasing for both RO and Rebels, why would they make Kylo have a whopping big scar across his face?  Suspect
@panki

I'm just so very curious as to why all the secrecy?
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Thu 30 Mar - 15:27

@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@panki wrote:

@motherofpearl1

@panki

I'm just so very curious as to why all the secrecy?
@motherofpearl1

They've always been secretive about Kylo....even before the release of TFA, we never got to see much of Kylo...the focus of promotions was always Rey, Finn and Poe....I think they're just following the same polict for TLJ so that the fans keep speculating right until the time of the movie release.. Smile

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 30 Mar - 15:38

There will be leaks believe me....I remember years ago when The Dark Knight was hotly anticipated quite a lot of it found its way onto the internet before the movie came out.
Which is why LF/Disney need to release a couple of trailers before they end up having their thunder stolen!!
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on Thu 30 Mar - 16:05

@motherofpearl1 wrote:In any case the freshly inflicted wound was gruesome enough; we'll probably get a 'healed' version of that, which might look something like this:

That reminds me of when LST said, "Something far worse has happened to you." In all honesty, I could see that actually provoking a little compassion in Rey because of what he's doing to himself.

It also reminds me of Palpatine... One of my ponderings about direction is if Kylo became more like the Emperor and not Vader... I would only like that in a redemption story, because it's like redeeming the seemingly irredeemable... there's something strangely horrific about it.

I wonder if Kylo will have the "Sith eyes" in Ep. 8... *shudders*
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 30 Mar - 16:10

Hopefully not...Adam's eyes are one of his best features.
I think....when we first meet Kylo in TLJ he'll be bitter and hurt and want nothing more than to make Rey pay for what she's done to him.

Then Rey reveals the reason why she doesn't want to kill him....and the wind goes out of his sails. And this is the beginning of an awkward truce between them that will eventually become something more.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on Thu 30 Mar - 16:13

@motherofpearl1 - I like that. I also though would kind of like to see Kylo on the edge of killing her but stops himself, as a reversal from Ep. 7.
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 30 Mar - 16:19

I've got a weird feeling that's what'll happen - one thing that's constant in the rumours is Rey ends up hanging off a cliff but no mention of what happens next.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus on Thu 30 Mar - 16:26

I don't like the mask at all. I get why they did it for TFA and that masks are probably a big thing with the Knights of Ren, but I'd just rather it go the way of Starkiller Base.

One of my biggest hopes for TLJ is that Kylo has no mask at all... from beginning to end.
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on Thu 30 Mar - 16:32

I could see keeping the mask when with FO officers as that is how they all know/knew him and it maintains distance. But I don't think he should be wearing it on Ahch-to, unless he's doing so because he's trying to keep himself from feeling things are personal. I really hope he's not wearing the mask in the Ahch-to scenes mostly.
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Force Ghost on Thu 30 Mar - 16:44

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Force Ghost wrote:
@panki wrote:
@Acritiqua wrote:Another question is if he will be redeemed. Given some of the concept art, one path I fear for Kylo is that he might become more machine than man... Sad

Adam Driver's remark about how it depends what you call living when asked if his character would survive Ep. 8 ... Suspect

It makes me wonder if he'll lose some chunk of his body, or simply become more evil but more in power and more miserable than ever.

The latter would be more hopeful than the former.

And it's mainly that villains in Star Wars on a whole don't do too well. Vader of course lost half his body and burned in lava. Maul lost half his body. Okay, I guess it's just those two.
@Acritiqua

I can think of an even worse situation that doesn't involve body damage going by legends....

- He might go seeking the source of the dark side (in case it isnt Snoke) like Revan and never sees Rey or his family again...only to return after centuries of misery and imprisonment.

-  He makes a sacrifice and takes on the burden of guarding a dangerous artifact and is therefore put into stasis to keep the artifact from being misused, again staying alive but not living. (this has been done in more than one story)

@panki

@Acritiqua
There's no reason to worry about the concept art. It actually points to Kylo's redemption. I was gonna post this last week but I had exams.
I spend a lot of time listening to different interviews while I'm working. Usually concept artists. Last week I was listening  one of the artists who came up with Kylo's look and something he said really made me think.
They were told to create a character who's a villain and were told he's Vader's fan and wants to be like him, That's all! They came up with tons of different designs where he looks  like Vader because they've assumed he would want to LOOK like Vader. But every time JJ saw their designes, he said he likes it and it looks cool "BUT IT'S NOT WHAT THEY'RE LOOKING FOR" (but he still didn't want to tell them any details and left them completely in dark, probably to prevent any leaks) and so they kept designing more and more wrong looks until they were given information that he's Han and Leia's child. I'll try to find the interview again and post it here. He also said THEY (concept artists) were the ones who came up with the name Jedi killer because they weren't given any name so that's just how they called him. But everything changed once JJ told them more information and then they designed Kylo's look in less then a month.
@Force Ghost

Wow!!!! That is amazing information. And yes, if you easily find it, please provide a link. But regardless, thank you for telling us this. :-)
@SoloSideCousin

I found it Smile There was another one, I'll try to find it this weekend, I'm meeting with my friends now. I have important exam tomorrow and I want to relax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBymKM8y0q0
Some highlights
If there’s an anti reading (or listening) this, take a glass of water, you’re gonna need it 

“Before we talk about the art itself I thought it was important to just talk a little bit about the process we have at lucasfilm which is really cool…. We work on the art and the story at the same time, we don’t wait for the story to be locked before we get all the artists involved and as an resolt we get this really cool combination between the art and the story department where a lot of the ideas that concept artist come up with make their way into the story and vice versa, and so we have this massive kind of ongoing dialogue until the very end about what’s in the story  and what these guys come up with. On TFA that was definitely a part of the process “

“One of the best things about working early on BEFORE WE ACTUALLY EVEN HAVE A SCRIPT we have sort of a blue sky phase” ….(keeps talking about doing random concepts)  

“We kinda knew roughly that there would be an introduction of a new character that’s living on this planet, we didn’t know the backstory so during first few months we would invent our own story and then we would have reviews with the story team and then they would feedback and say -No, but how about this?  Try this idea- It’s really easy to throw ideas and see if something sticks…”

MF being on Jakku happened because JJ saw one of concept art pieces  where it looked as if Rey was chased by that crashed star destroyer. JJ wanted Tie fighter to chase MF because it looked cool. Star destroyer was almost the second death star from original movies but they used star destroyer just to make it look similar to the other SW movies

You remember how antis where saying we’re looking too much into the scene where Kylo kills Han? Well…haha… we were right, again.
Kylo kills Han concept(Rey and Finn entering, Han and Kylo at the bridge, Kylo taking his mask off)….  
Sun dying as Kylo is making the decision to kill Han and turn to the dark side while they’re showing Rey’s  point of view  was all JJ’s idea and it was all on purpose. He was very specific about what they needed to design.  There was rain originally but it didn’t make it into the movie. They made the concept 3-4 WEEKS before  the shooting.  

Han, Chewie, Finn and Rey were supposed to find Luke’s lightsaber together. And Maz was to ignite it (I think I’ve heard somewhere else that  Rey’s vision was Rian Johnson’s idea, I’m not sure)

They had 12 folders of artworks of Kylo and that’s a lot (half machine, injured…)and kept working on and on but it didn’t work. Even people who work on creatures tried but JJ didn’t approve. “JJ kept on saying that he wanted something, you know really different  and really he didn’t want it to be like Vader, but you could tell that a part of him really did, you know, wanting to have  that but you, you wouldn’t have it …He liked it, he really liked it BUT HE DIDN’T THINK IT WAS FOR KYLO.” So we ended up repurposing it for the gang”  

About Kylo in a mask: “ One of the things that JJ would kept on saying in meetings was he..I want a kid to when he’s sitting in the backseat oh his mom’s car and he sees the poster for this film and he sees this character I want him to jump and say Mom what is that, I really wanna go and see that”

You would have to listen to the whole interview to get the full image, but the point is, Kylo isn’t getting anywhere near machine, half machine or anything like that
Force Ghost
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 30 Mar - 17:19

@Armadeus wrote:I don't like the mask at all. I get why they did it for TFA and that masks are probably a big thing with the Knights of Ren, but I'd just rather it go the way of Starkiller Base.

One of my biggest hopes for TLJ is that Kylo has no mask at all... from beginning to end.
@Armadeus

Me too.
Let's face it the mask has served its purpose. When we first meet Kylo we are intended to see him as a Darth Vader wannabe. Now we know he's much more. He doesn't need the mask anymore.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands on Thu 30 Mar - 22:41

@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@Armadeus wrote:I don't like the mask at all. I get why they did it for TFA and that masks are probably a big thing with the Knights of Ren, but I'd just rather it go the way of Starkiller Base.

@Armadeus

Me too.
Let's face it the mask has served its purpose. When we first meet Kylo we are intended to see him as a Darth Vader wannabe. Now we know he's much more. He doesn't need the mask anymore.
@motherofpearl1

Yes, however his mask is the face of the ST for merchandizing. In terms of branding, how are they going to do it? Use Kylo without his mask? I don't know, I think he'll still have some mask, and we saw some pictures from Ireland that showed him with his mask.

As to why the secrecy... well, it's to get people speculating.

Remember Snoke's appearance was also this big secret that was successfully guarded under wraps. And when he came out... nothing impressive. Luke was also hidden. And there was nothing impressive about his looks either.
AceofWands
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 30 Mar - 23:17

@AceofWands wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:

@Armadeus

Me too.
@motherofpearl1

Yes, however his mask is the face of the ST for merchandizing. In terms of branding, how are they going to do it? Use Kylo without his mask? I don't know, I think he'll still have some mask, and we saw some pictures from Ireland that showed him with his mask.

Remember Snoke's appearance was also this big secret that was successfully guarded under wraps. And when he came out... nothing impressive. Luke was also hidden. And there was nothing impressive about his looks either.
@AceofWands

If the KoR fight happens relatively early in the movie (as has rumored to be the case), it could be that Adam only wears the mask for the first 1/3 of the movie and is possibly mask-less from the fight on. If that's the case, it would seem a little silly post-movie-release to have a masked Kylo on everything if he's not wearing the mask for most of the movie.

I am hoping that it's something like that... It doesn't sound like his new costume is enough of a departure from TFA to warrant a ton of secrecy.

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 30 Mar - 23:41

There is so much foreshadowing in TFA when you dig deep that I can't imagine ANYTHING other than a happy ending for both Kylo and Rey, including the potential in the future for marriage and children.  Am I saying IX will end with a wedding or children?  No, but I see it ending with the potential for one, much like Han and Leia in RotJ.  

Kylo: "I will not be seduced"
Cut to directly to Rey: "I can fix this."
Rey in the interrogation: "I'm not giving you anything." (Sure...)

Hidden hearts in Every. Single. Reylo scene. .  

Let's not forget this is Disney, and fairy tales love happy endings.

The list goes on.  Bottom line, Leia IS getting her son back.   The only way Kylo Ren will die is so that Ben Solo can live.  Nothing more...

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Fri 31 Mar - 0:17

I can't see Kylo ever having Sith eyes. He is not a Sith. This has been stated over and over. Back when Pablo was answering Star Wars questions, he pretty much rubbished the idea that Kylo would ever have Sith eyes.
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 31 Mar - 0:22

@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I can't see Kylo ever having Sith eyes. He is not a Sith. This has been stated over and over. Back when Pablo was answering Star Wars questions, he pretty much rubbished the idea that Kylo would ever have Sith eyes.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Right. And Kylo already "hit bottom" when he killed Han. I fully expect him to appear to be darker/angrier/etc early on in TLJ, but assuming that Han's sacrifice is the catalyst for Kylo to start his redemption, there's no way that Kylo is "going Sith" in TLJ.

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 31 Mar - 5:11

I agree - if killing his own father didn't push him into 'the dark' - and it didn't, both junior and adult novels state that he was weakened rather than strengthened- then I can't see him going any'darker'.

I can see him being filled with anger, but much of Kylo's rage stems from self loathing. He'll hate himself even more if he sees Rey's triumph over him as a sign of his weakness, and Snoke likes to make him feel weak;it's how he keeps him in line.

motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 1 Apr - 10:39

What does everyone think about the concept art?
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatGirl on Sat 1 Apr - 12:35

@IoJovi wrote:There is so much foreshadowing in TFA when you dig deep that I can't imagine ANYTHING other than a happy ending for both Kylo and Rey, including the potential in the future for marriage and children.  Am I saying IX will end with a wedding or children?  No, but I see it ending with the potential for one, much like Han and Leia in RotJ.  

Hidden hearts in Every. Single. Reylo scene.  .  

The list goes on.  Bottom line, Leia IS getting her son back.   The only way Kylo Ren will die is so that Ben Solo can live.  Nothing more...
@IoJovi

I remember randomly checking for hearts in a scene with just Kylo and Snoke, and being shocked to find him standing in a huge heart-shaped cloud while he and Snoke were discussing "the girl". It was hilarious and I can't unsee it. No wonder Snoke knows he has compassion for her!

I'm hoping for a happy ending, complete with a wedding. I mean, if Reywalkers can be fully confident in their wish for a father-daughter reunion, then I figure I should let myself feel just as confident in Reylo, especially since there's actual evidence supporting our theories unlike theirs.
WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 1 Apr - 12:45

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@AceofWands wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:

@Armadeus

Me too.
@motherofpearl1

@AceofWands

If the KoR fight happens relatively early in the movie (as has rumored to be the case), it could be that Adam only wears the mask for the first 1/3 of the movie and is possibly mask-less from the fight on. If that's the case, it would seem a little silly post-movie-release to have a masked Kylo on everything if he's not wearing the mask for most of the movie.

I am hoping that it's something like that... It doesn't sound like his new costume is enough of a departure from TFA to warrant a ton of secrecy.
@ISeeAnIsland

I did read somewhere that Adam found it difficult to see in the mask so I wouldn't be surprised if it goes before the 'confrontation'- how many bets he'll want Rey to see her handiwork?
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 1 Apr - 12:54

@WhatGirl wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:There is so much foreshadowing in TFA when you dig deep that I can't imagine ANYTHING other than a happy ending for both Kylo and Rey, including the potential in the future for marriage and children.  Am I saying IX will end with a wedding or children?  No, but I see it ending with the potential for one, much like Han and Leia in RotJ.  

Hidden hearts in Every. Single. Reylo scene.  .  

@IoJovi

I remember randomly checking for hearts in a scene with just Kylo and Snoke, and being shocked to find him standing in a huge heart-shaped cloud while he and Snoke were discussing "the girl". It was hilarious and I can't unsee it. No wonder Snoke knows he has compassion for her!

I'm hoping for a happy ending, complete with a wedding. I mean, if Reywalkers can be fully confident in their wish for a father-daughter reunion, then I figure I should let myself feel just as confident in Reylo, especially since there's actual evidence supporting our theories unlike theirs.
@WhatGirl

I think it was you that pointed out the heart in the Snoke scene, and I lost it. I was like, put a lid on that Kylo, Snoke can see that sith!

I don't have access to the exact screen shots at the moment, but there's one frame of Kylo and Rey during the woods encounter when he has her frozen that's identical to the meeting of Han and Leia shortly after she steps off her ship. Rey is on the far left, and Kylo is on the far right and they're facing each other.

In the other frame, Leia is on the far left and Han is on the far right, and they're facing each other. The two frames when placed next to each other are nearly identical.

In each scene, hidden hearts are found in the trees. However, in Han and Leia's, they're split down the middle.

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by bossbaby on Sat 1 Apr - 13:17

@motherofpearl1 wrote:What does everyone think about the concept art?
@motherofpearl1

Do you mean the one from Making Star Wars? I think it's awesome that Kylo is getting a "black knight" look while Rey is getting more of a samurai look.

Oh, East is East and West is West, and never the twain shall meet,
Till Earth and Sky stand presently at God's great Judgment Seat;
But there is neither East nor West, Border, nor Breed, nor Birth,
When two strong men stand face to face, though they come from the ends of the earth!
bossbaby
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum