Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VIII

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VIII

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 1 Apr - 14:06

I love Kylo's new costume, and it is so very telling Rey is wearing black underneath her tabard.......
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Sat 1 Apr - 15:30

@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@AceofWands wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@Armadeus wrote:I don't like the mask at all. I get why they did it for TFA and that masks are probably a big thing with the Knights of Ren, but I'd just rather it go the way of Starkiller Base.

One of my biggest hopes for TLJ is that Kylo has no mask at all... from beginning to end.
@Armadeus

Me too.
Let's face it the mask has served its purpose. When we first meet Kylo we are intended to see him as a Darth Vader wannabe. Now we know he's much more. He doesn't need the mask anymore.
@motherofpearl1

Yes, however his mask is the face of the ST for merchandizing. In terms of branding, how are they going to do it? Use Kylo without his mask? I don't know, I think he'll still have some mask, and we saw some pictures from Ireland that showed him with his mask.

As to why the secrecy... well, it's to get people speculating.

Remember Snoke's appearance was also this big secret that was successfully guarded under wraps. And when he came out... nothing impressive. Luke was also hidden. And there was nothing impressive about his looks either.
@AceofWands

If the KoR fight happens relatively early in the movie (as has rumored to be the case), it could be that Adam only wears the mask for the first 1/3 of the movie and is possibly mask-less from the fight on. If that's the case, it would seem a little silly post-movie-release to have a masked Kylo on everything if he's not wearing the mask for most of the movie.

I am hoping that it's something like that... It doesn't sound like his new costume is enough of a departure from TFA to warrant a ton of secrecy.
@ISeeAnIsland

I did read somewhere that Adam found it difficult to see in the mask so I wouldn't be surprised if it goes before the 'confrontation'- how many bets he'll want Rey to see her handiwork?
@motherofpearl1

Yes we will see him unmask for the first time *again* in front of Rey and it is going to be fabulous. He will probably have some sarcastic remark while he does it Smile
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bossbaby on Sat 1 Apr - 16:19

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I love Kylo's new costume, and it is so very telling Rey is wearing black underneath her tabard.......
@motherofpearl1

Yes, that is definitely on purpose. It fits well with SW's history of using costumes to hint at a character's hidden lightside/darkside allegiances.

bossbaby
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 1 Apr - 16:55

Years ago I remember listening to someone being interviewed on radio; they complained that 'Star Wars' had no substance - just hardware.

Oh how wrong they were....
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum