Weak and foolish like his father - Who was Han Solo indeed?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Weak and foolish like his father - Who was Han Solo indeed?

Post by vaderito on Fri 29 Jul - 22:22

@MeadowofAshes Kylo consistently projects. That's one of his most prominent character traits.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Fri 29 Jul - 22:30

@vaderito wrote:@MeadowofAshes Kylo consistently projects. That's one of his most prominent character traits.
@vaderito
Yes, part of the brilliance of his dialogue. Projecting that shadow. I can imagine the rationalizations he must have. He doesn't steal a young woman away from her friends; he's taking an enemy captive. He's not a traitor to his family; they're traitors for overthrowing the Empire and Finn is for obvious reasons. He's not a murderer; killing an enemy in a time of war is justified because LST and anyone with Jedi leanings is a danger. But deep down he knows; if he didn't already know these things about himself he wouldn't need to project them onto others.
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Mon 23 Jan - 16:00

I was searching about the possible meaning/symbolism behind the leaked photo about thesalt desert, found that...
http://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Topical.show/RTD/cgg/ID/1795/Salt-as-Metaphor.htm
... and jumped while reading this passage:

Our Savior Jesus Christ tells us in Matthew 5:13-14 that we are the "salt of the earth" and the "light of the world"—we who are also the weak and the foolish of this world (I Corinthians 1:27)

Then, I searched for the specific passage in the Bible to what the guy refers in order to check by myself and found that:

"But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty"

or

"but God chose the foolish things of the world that he might put to shame those who are wise. God chose the weak things of the world, that he might put to shame the things that are strong"
Shocked

As I am neither native English speaker nor has any religious abckground, I don't really understand the meaning of these sentences neither textually nor in the religious context. Does this shed new light on Kylo's comments to his father:?:
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum