The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread

Post by Sacrebleu on Sun 15 Jan - 15:50

SoloSideCousin wrote:
BenRey wrote:A Finnrey with too much time on their hands.
@BenRey

No kidding and so boring to boot. It was actually tedious to read.
@SoloSideCousin

I know, right?  If I went to the trouble of writing an outline for the rest of the trilogy, I would at least try to make it wildly entertaining.
Sacrebleu
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 15 Jan - 15:59

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:It does make me laugh about Finn having a 'thing' for Rey; John expressly said no.
Then there's Kylo showing 'humanity' in it- not according to this.

But the worse thing about this 'leak' - it sounds boring.
@motherofpearl1

It's also missing the scene that should take place around the beginning of the third act where Finn and KMT infiltrate a star destroyer (per MSW)...

I also love how all of these fake leaks just have Kylo retreating back to wherever and leaving Ahch-To as soon as Luke finishes with the KoR. Because apparently the whole point of Kylo and the KoR going to Ahch-To is to simply give Luke a chance to be a bada**?
@ISeeAnIsland

Yes, actually I'm a little annoyed how they seem to have reduced Kelly to some sort of'bit part' when John said she has a major role.

I do think that with Rogue One now a safe hit it might be a good idea for them to release a few titbits, because not only will more leaks like this happen but people may actually get fed up of waiting and lose interest.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatGirl on Sun 15 Jan - 16:14

motherofpearl1 wrote:Yes, actually I'm a little annoyed how they seem to have reduced Kelly to some sort of'bit part' when John said she has a major role.

I do think that with Rogue One now a safe hit it might be a good idea for them to release a few titbits, because not only will more leaks like this happen but people may actually get fed up of waiting and lose interest.
@motherofpearl1

The characterization of KMT is always awful in these fake leaks. Apparently these Finnreys have heard the rumor that she will be Finn's 'girlfriend' and they are desperate to make her into a red herring who tries to tempt him and fails because he of course then realizes that Rey is his 'true love'. It completely ignores what John has said in multiple interviews.
WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 15 Jan - 16:31

WhatGirl wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:Yes, actually I'm a little annoyed how they seem to have reduced Kelly to some sort of'bit part' when John said she has a major role.

@motherofpearl1

The characterization of KMT is always awful in these fake leaks. Apparently these Finnreys have heard the rumor that she will be Finn's 'girlfriend' and they are desperate to make her into a red herring who tries to tempt him and fails because he of course then realizes that Rey is his 'true love'. It completely ignores what John has said in multiple interviews.
@WhatGirl
There's a pattern for sure. She either betrays him or (much more commonly) has an unreciprocated crush that goes nowhere and is played for comedic effect. Like, really? That's the "groundbreaking role for an Asian actress"? The role that has been described as "main" like 10 times by now? You can always easily see the agenda behind fan leaks, and downgrading a character we know little to nothing about in order to squash "Finn's love-interest that isn't Rey" rumours definitely forms one of the most obvious agendas.
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 15 Jan - 16:50

And do you know what makes me mad? Many of these 'individuals' accuse Reylos of being 'racist' yet Kelly and John offer a potentially terrific and fascinating inter racial romance - and they are dismissing it. Evil or Very Mad Mad Sad
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sun 15 Jan - 16:51

Asian female character= cannon fodder and/or dragon lady ...... original concept, never seen before in movies. ROFL

Finn and KMT's character cannot be considered an interracial pair and only Finn and Rey qualify as one? I have no words.

We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
panki

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Sun 15 Jan - 17:15

motherofpearl1 wrote:And do you know what makes me mad? Many of these 'individuals' accuse Reylos of being 'racist' yet Kelly and John offer a potentially terrific and fascinating inter racial romance - and they are dismissing it. Evil or Very Mad Mad Sad
@motherofpearl1

That's because in their opinion the white girl is a better trophy than the Asian girl.
Which isn't racist at all, of course. Rolling Eyes
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 15 Jan - 17:17

Rimfaxe96 wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:And do you know what makes me mad? Many of these 'individuals' accuse Reylos of being 'racist' yet Kelly and John offer a potentially terrific and fascinating inter racial romance - and they are dismissing it. Evil or Very Mad Mad Sad
@motherofpearl1

That's because in their opinion the white girl is a better trophy than the Asian girl.
Which isn't racist at all, of course. Rolling Eyes
@Rimfaxe96

Revolting isn't it?
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Sun 15 Jan - 17:21

Agreed with all of you. It's actually pretty disheartening to see people treat Kelly's role as this, as well as considering their relationship non-progressive. We've all said it before and I'll say it again, FinnTran will be far more progressive than Finnrey could ever be since Black/Asian relationships in media are incredibly rare. The ironic thing is that the people who say that want Finnrey because they care about progression don't really care about it at all. If they did, they would see how progressive Kelly's role and FinnTran really is. Not only that, but recently the same people (they're usually antis) on tumblr have noticed that a lot of Reylos also like Rebelcaptain AKA Jyn/Cassian. Ever since they noticed, they've downgraded Jyn, calling her useless and saying she's not good enough for Cassian and there's no mention of them being an interracial relationship between a white woman and a hispanic man - which is also progressive in a mainstream Hollywood blockbuster. Like I said, it's not about progression at all - it's about making a certain group of people feel bad for liking a certain dynamic in a god-damn movie and proving that they're wrong in their theories and views.
AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Sun 15 Jan - 17:21

motherofpearl1 wrote:Revolting isn't it?
@motherofpearl1

As revolting as, sadly, logical. Young women are still majorly objectified, especially in medias - so of course fanboys want the supposed "nice guy Finn" to get the trophy wife instead of "bad boy Kylo". It's weird to see how much people project their life illusions onto Star Wars.

No doubt that after VIII Rey's character will be ignored entirely, maybe even a little sh!!tstormed on, while the fanboys celebrate KMT's character for making the wise choice of going with the "good guy Finn". Hell, most anti's have already said that they won't be interested in Rey anymore if she's not a Skywalker. It's totally stupid.
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Sun 15 Jan - 17:27

Birdwoman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sun 15 Jan - 17:37

Birdwoman wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/5o4pwm/insider_info_ama/

New leak...Luke is Rey's dad...uh huh....
@Birdwoman

"..Tran is the worst thing in it..."

These leakers are really mean and tasteless.

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 15 Jan - 17:37

Birdwoman wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/5o4pwm/insider_info_ama/

@Birdwoman

Oh, not again!
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Sun 15 Jan - 17:55

C'mon, if you're going to make a fake leak, at least make it interesting instead of same leak over and over again ( just tweaked to fit in new info ).
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sun 15 Jan - 18:00

Darth_Awakened wrote:

@Birdwoman

@Darth_Awakened

Mean, tasteless, AND jealous. Wink

Don't worry, folks - Reylo may continue to be divisive for a long time, but there's no doubt in my mind that Kelly's character will charm the vast majority of the audience.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria26 on Sun 15 Jan - 18:01

Well, that's a rather boring and uncreative leak...
Maria26
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 15 Jan - 18:03

Darth_Awakened wrote:

@Birdwoman

@Darth_Awakened

AND BdT is a Knight of Ren!

Oh wacky reddit spoilers...how I've missed you!

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 15 Jan - 18:10

NEXT UP ON REDDIT:

Kelly is Rey's long lost twin
Finn is Lando and Leia's secret love child
Snoke is really Laura Dern in disguise
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 15 Jan - 18:12

@Birdwoman

Ok, the interesting bit out of this leak is in the comments. There's a commenter who calls "BS" on this leaker (who when going through his/her post history, appears to have had some inside knowledge on Rogue One), who says in his comment that Rey was born on Jakku and abandoned there.

That would kind of fit with them not duplicating Jyn Erso's abandonment scenario.

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Sun 15 Jan - 18:13

Maybe I missed it ( because looking thru this is dull, tbh ), but what does Kylo do on Ahch-To after the rest of the Knights die? Just hang out? Island Truce? We think that's pretty early in the movie, right? The ship crashed, right? Oh, leaker.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sun 15 Jan - 18:18

motherofpearl1 wrote:NEXT UP ON REDDIT:

@motherofpearl1

I love the Snoke = Laura Dern part!!!!  cheers

You forget that Kelly is the "evil twin" and Rey is the good and force sensitive twin. Razz

Kylo isn't the real child of Han and Leia.....he is Snoke's son, swapped with Leia's real son (Finn, who was put into stasis and taken to be a stormie) by the evil imperials and replaced with evil Kylo, like something from the movie Omen.

Finn is Lando's son and Lando is Mace Windu's son...so Finn is also secretly a powerful force sensitive..Luke is actually waiting for Finn on the island and is surprised to see Rey arrive instead.

We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
panki

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Sun 15 Jan - 18:22

]DarthAnnicus 1 point 34 minutes ago

I have a question Very Happy

Do you have nothing better to do in your life but make up Poodos like this?

[–]Darth_8_Spoils[S] 4 points 33 minutes ago

No, i take pride in my poodoo

I wouldn't, it's pretty bad.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Sun 15 Jan - 18:22

Darth Dingbat wrote:Don't worry, folks - Reylo may continue to be divisive for a long time, but there's no doubt in my mind that Kelly's character will charm the vast majority of the audience.
@Darth Dingbat

Agreed. I have a feeling KMT's character will become what Rey could have been judging from the earliest character drafts; a character who is resourceful and witty and unafraid, while Rey is more hesitant towards adventuring business (hence her flight from Kanata's castle) and less, shall we say "bada$$" than in the drafts. Plus she'll be a great help for Finn (who doesn't know anything except stormtrooper stuff, aka fighting, first aid and cleaning). Very Happy Meanwhile I expect Rey's character to enter something of a 'crisis', with the FO on her heels and all that.

... but no matter how ridiculously funny reddit "leaks" are, I'd much prefer to get some stuff from MSW or Lucasfilms. Sad
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sun 15 Jan - 18:27

panki wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:NEXT UP ON REDDIT:

@motherofpearl1

I love the Snoke = Laura Dern part!!!!  cheers

You forget that Kelly is the "evil twin" and Rey is the good and force sensitive twin. Razz

Kylo isn't the real child of Han and Leia.....he is Snoke's son, swapped with Leia's real son (Finn, who was put into stasis and taken to be a stormie) by the evil imperials and replaced with evil Kylo, like something from the movie Omen.

Finn is Lando's son and Lando is Mace Windu's son...so Finn is also secretly a powerful force sensitive..Luke is actually waiting for Finn on the island and is surprised to see Rey arrive instead.
@panki

That's brilliant. From both of you.
Made my day. Literally.

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatGirl on Sun 15 Jan - 18:33

@Birdwoman

Look at all of that nuance and ambiguity... Razz

Also: Kylo is really into his cousin.

ISeeAnIsland wrote:

Ok, the interesting bit out of this leak is in the comments. There's a commenter who calls "BS" on this leaker (who when going through his/her post history, appears to have had some inside knowledge on Rogue One), who says in his comment that Rey was born on Jakku and abandoned there.

That would kind of fit with them not duplicating Jyn Erso's abandonment scenario.
@ISeeAnIsland

That has been my personal theory - I simply can't imagine anyone, much less loving parents, making a special trip to Jakku only to drop off their daughter. I believe her parents were living there themselves, and that they too were probably (FS?) scavengers who were already on some kind of terms with Unkar Plutt when they left their child behind with him. I think it's quite possible that she was born there.
WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum