The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Mon 12 Jun - 3:29

@IoJovi

Oh! He meant that those lines weren't given to them yet? I thought he meant that in the film we see Kylo talking to Rey, but we can't make out what he's saying, so it's like a huge cliffhanger.
Cowgirlsamurai
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 12 Jun - 3:34

Cue the awkward campfire scene where Luke tells Rey that other than getting to second base with one girl at Toche Station and making out with his twin sister, he's a 53 year old virgin.

Last edited by snufkin on Mon 12 Jun - 5:02; edited 3 times in total
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Mon 12 Jun - 3:35

Luke failed because of Kylo Ren. He was too hard with him apparently. The massacre of the Jedi Academy is still obscure (just like Rey's Origins), and we are still led to believe that Kylo did it, but also we are invited to doubt it.

and Luke is just a bad teacher. TLJ going the Soulsborne way of 'just make up your own conclusion'.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Mon 12 Jun - 3:36

>>83814041
i don't think Rey will be implied in a romance. Finn, however, will probably end up with Rose in 9. They really seem to go well together.

>>83814072
He keeps it on a box, and don't want to use it. He uses it against Kylo's henchmen, and lightly during the battle of crait.

>>83814145
Luke toys with some KoR, and Rey gets defeated by Kylo in an intense fight.

>>83814178
he wins the first fight against her, but looses the second one because she uses her emotions and her anger, and because he doesen't actually want to kill her.

>>83814190
The resistance trying to get back together (it's scattered everywhere), and Snoke/The First Order invading the galaxy for no apparent reason than to spread their power, and the Resistance trying to stop them.

There's no real "big" set up.

More stuff.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 12 Jun - 3:45

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@IoJovi

Oh! He meant that those lines weren't given to them yet? I thought he meant that in the film we see Kylo talking to Rey, but we can't make out what he's saying, so it's like a huge cliffhanger.
@Cowgirlsamurai

That's the way I interpreted it. This person stated they haven't been given quite everything and they were missing parts of the second and third acts. So yeah given that it make sense why they'd think Rey wouldn't be involved in a romance if that's the stuff that's being withheld.

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 12 Jun - 3:54

@IoJovi wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

That's the way I interpreted it. This person stated they haven't been given quite everything and they were missing parts of the second and third acts. So yeah given that it make sense why they'd think Rey wouldn't be involved in a romance if that's the stuff that's being withheld.
@IoJovi

Sorry for the double post but there's also the more likely scenario the OP is indeed full of sith and they're just going off of already public items, like the "lack of romance" stated in the VF article. Also of interest is that someone pointed out this person kept referring to BdT as DJ when we all know that's not his actual name.

IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Mon 12 Jun - 4:00

Eh, this doesn't sound legitimate to me. There's no twist described, and we know there's supposed to be one, and absolutely none of the questions raised in TFA are answered. We don't even get the story of the Jedi massacre? Nothing real is said on Rey's parentage? That seems sketchy and awfully convenient to me. It's way too safe and in-line with other leaks, other than the very end.

At least the other "leak" sounded interesting. I'd rather see that movie.
ZioRen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 12 Jun - 4:02

@IoJovi wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

@IoJovi

Sorry for the double post but there's also the more likely scenario the OP is indeed full of sith and they're just going off of already public items, like the "lack of romance" stated in the VF article. Also of interest is that someone pointed out this person kept referring to BdT as DJ when we all know that's not his actual name.
@IoJovi

That, and it places the Canto Bight stuff at the end of the second act, when we know, based on those clapboard pics and the one MSW leak, that Canto Bight is likely end of Act I/beginning of Act II, and late second act should have Finn and Rose infiltrating that star destroyer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Mon 12 Jun - 4:05

@IoJovi wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

@IoJovi

@IoJovi

Most likely. They told us what we know and everything else was as vague as possible. The big answers we expect were non-answers, just more vagueness. I doubt they're going to answer basically NOTHING in TLJ.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Mon 12 Jun - 4:27

that would be kind of awesome.

Kylo Men
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Mon 12 Jun - 4:31

@Kylo Men wrote:

that would be kind of awesome.
@Kylo Men

Kylo and Rey stop fighting and he tells her something. Then they suddenly both go missing, and curtains. We'd be wringing our hands for another two years for sure Razz
Cowgirlsamurai
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 12 Jun - 4:37

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@Kylo Men wrote:

@Kylo Men

Kylo and Rey stop fighting and he tells her something. Then they suddenly both go missing, and curtains. We'd be wringing our hands for another two years for sure Razz
@Cowgirlsamurai

That sounds kind of like the REALLY old reddit leak (most of which has since been debunked) where Kylo and Rey are fighting at the end, and there's an "underlying attraction" between the two of them, Kylo offers to teach her again, and this time her answer to his offer is left ambiguous before the movie ends.

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Mon 12 Jun - 4:50

That leak sounds like compilation of some of the previous ones and what we know from legit sources. Remember that leak that says Luke goes after Snoke and Rey after Kylo. Rey and Kylo are at the end together flying off, this time disappearing.

Either way if this is even remotely true, it will be sort of underwhelming movie bar few things. Training for majority of the movie, two fights, Kylo literally dude what are you doing? Seems weird but they're capable of doing that. What happens to Leia and other things left unexplained.

I would sums up these leaks in this way.

DarthRen
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 12 Jun - 6:19

Is the leaker same guy that posted at reddit claiming he was a French translator?

I can't access to 4chan right now - but I do remember the reddit leaker sounding like very FAKE Frenchman from BBC series "Allo, Allo".

It was like: Monsieur Ren pulled out his grand lightsabeur...oui, oui, oui. lol!
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenOrgana on Mon 12 Jun - 11:33

"I know where your parents are"

BenOrgana
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Mon 12 Jun - 12:00

The leak is efficient with incident, a mark in its favor. It doesn't suffer plot development overkill. The described ending would make a lot of sense from a romance-but-no-romance-central-to-the-plot perspective.

It also passes my Captain Phasma test. Which is that any leak that gives her much of anything to do is probably fictional.

OTOH, I'm having trouble believing it. It does seem to answer too little. The fact that it doesn't account at all for the "mysterious connection" between its heroine and villain makes me suspicious.  

I really don't want to see Kylo, or anyone, lose a hand. I'm bored with that, and for a series under suspicion of repeating itself .... it would be a bad move. Although there have been those rumors.

Last edited by Kylo Men on Mon 12 Jun - 12:19; edited 1 time in total

Kylo Men
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Mon 12 Jun - 12:08

@Darth_Awakened wrote:Is the leaker same guy that posted at reddit claiming he was a French translator?

I can't access to 4chan right now - but I do remember the reddit leaker sounding like very FAKE Frenchman from BBC series "Allo, Allo".

It was like: Monsieur Ren pulled out his grand lightsabeur...oui, oui, oui. lol!

His French looks quite legit.

Kylo Men
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatGirl on Mon 12 Jun - 12:11

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@Kylo Men wrote:

@Kylo Men

@Cowgirlsamurai

That sounds kind of like the REALLY old reddit leak (most of which has since been debunked) where Kylo and Rey are fighting at the end, and there's an "underlying attraction" between the two of them, Kylo offers to teach her again, and this time her answer to his offer is left ambiguous before the movie ends.
@ISeeAnIsland

Slightly OT, but do you know if that Mr. Ghost Face leaker on IMDb ever confirmed or implied anything about Reylo? I can't remember. scratch

WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 12 Jun - 12:11

After reading it again, it seems to straddle both Reywalker and Reylo and I know sure as sith we're not getting both.  

It appears to be legit in a way that it follows everything that's already been released, but not much more than that.  Also, the more I think about it, the more I don't think anyone will get the Skywalker Special, unless it's a minor character.  The creators are going so out of their way to state this isn't a rehash and I can't believe they're go down that route.  Also what purpose to the story would it serve other than a call back?

@WhatGirl He didn't imply Reylo, but he did state Rey wasn't a Skywalker.

IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Mon 12 Jun - 12:15

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@Kylo Men wrote:

@Kylo Men

@Cowgirlsamurai

It's better than the ending that we're likely to get.

Kylo Men
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Mon 12 Jun - 12:17

@Kylo Men wrote:The leak is efficient with incident, a mark in its favor. It doesn't suffer plot development overkill. The described ending would make a lot of sense from a romance-but-no-central-romance perspective.

It also passes my Captain Phasma test. Which is that any leak that gives her much of anything to do is probably fictional.

OTOH, I'm having trouble believing it. It does seem to answer too little. The fact that it doesn't account at all for the "mysterious connection" between its heroine and villain makes me suspicious.  

I really don't want to see Kylo, or anyone, lose a hand. I'm bored with that, and for a series under suspicion of repeating itself .... it would be a bad move. Although there have been those rumors.  
@Kylo Men

If Rey truly cuts off his hand, how is that a good way to set up any romance? If this leaks is true, they only fight and when presumably he says something about her parents is what makes her not to kill him. Still cutting his hand off is far from what I would call set up for romantic Reylo. Maybe I'm just too pessimistic about this leak but far from exciting movie. Training for Act I and II and then two fights.
DarthRen
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Mon 12 Jun - 12:40

@DarthRen wrote:
@Kylo Men wrote:The leak is efficient with incident, a mark in its favor. It doesn't suffer plot development overkill. The described ending would make a lot of sense from a romance-but-no-central-romance perspective.

@Kylo Men

If Rey truly cuts off his hand, how is that a good way to set up any romance? If this leaks is true, they only fight and when presumably he says something about her parents is what makes her not to kill him. Still cutting his hand off is far from what I would call set up for romantic Reylo. Maybe I'm just too pessimistic about this leak but far from exciting movie. Training for Act I and II and then two fights.
@DarthRen

In real life ..... it would be a pretty big problem. So would force-throwing your girlfriend against a tree. Or scarring his face for life. I wouldn't recommend dating someone if they did these things to you. But Star Wars has its own fictional reality, and the Jedi have their own fictional code.

Taking this leak on face value, Kylo probably has the chance to finish her off and doesn't. Then he puts in a half-hearted fight against her. She wins, cuts off his hand. She presumably has the same opportunity to finish him off, but doesn't. He says something to her. And the next thing you know they're running off together. It's very Reylo.

It's not how I would do it. And I'm pretty skeptical about the leak.

Kylo Men
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Mon 12 Jun - 13:21

@BenOrgana wrote:"I know where your parents are"
@BenOrgana

Haha, that's exactly what I was thinking too. "I know where they are. Come on, let's go!" Don't think he's likely to offer that up after she's chopped off his hand though. I would prefer to see Kylo keep his arm, but if the "Skywalker special" is essential, wouldn't Kylo be the only possible victim? The "leaker" says that Rey is filled with hate and anger throughout the movie, so maybe she sees Kylo losing his arm as retribution for killing Han.

The two of them disappearing together at the end would be a great cliffhanger and also work in a future Reylo sense.

By the way, where is Snoke? The guy hardly mentions him, which to me is a big red flag. Womp, womp. Or maybe he's a big player in the missing part two Rolling Eyes
Cowgirlsamurai
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 12 Jun - 15:14

Finally got the chance to read it (even the parts guys was responding in French).

There're actually two things that tells me the thing is not legit:

According to the leaker he says Kylo arrives at Anch To at the end of Act II, and then he claims Luke & Rey leaves for Crait at the beginning of Act III.

Finn and Rose and Phasma are on the star destroyer during the scene number 213 which is likely at the beginning of the act 3 - no mention of it at all.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 12 Jun - 16:35

@WhatGirl wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@Kylo Men wrote:

@Kylo Men

@Cowgirlsamurai

@ISeeAnIsland

Slightly OT, but do you know if that Mr. Ghost Face leaker on IMDb ever confirmed or implied anything about Reylo? I can't remember. scratch
@WhatGirl

He never stated anything one way or another about Reylo, but he did state that Rey was not a Skywalker.

He was very big on the "Leia spends most of the movie in a coma" rumor and, I believe, was the first to mention that Leia used the Force in some unique way to save her own life.

While I wouldn't be surprised if she's injured in some way (because that was also reported by Latino Review), I'm finding the "spending most of the movie in a coma" part of the rumor a but dubious at this point. Maybe it's just because of Carrie's death, but I get the sense that Leia has an expanded role (although not as big as Luke's) for TLJ, which would contradict her being sidelined in a coma for most of the movie.

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum