The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread

Post by Helix on Mon 12 Jun - 18:03

Wasn't Phasma rumored to get the Special?
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 12 Jun - 18:08

@Helix wrote:Wasn't Phasma rumored to get the Special?
@Helix

Yep she was, in several different leaks.  The only reference to the Skywalker Special in regards to Rey or Kylo that I would actually enjoy seeing on screen is this:

Say either one of them is about to take a strike at the other's hand, but then they see ahead of time what they're about to do - they then stop themselves before it happens.  It'd be a great way to show this trilogy really is about making things right, and stopping that cycle.   In this case, it wouldn't matter which one is the potential giver or receiver - the trope would work either way.  

And everybody walks away with limbs intact.

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Mon 12 Jun - 18:17

It seems to be one of the few consistent leak things. Finn kicks Phasma's butt and at some point she loses a hand.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Mon 12 Jun - 18:36

Rey cutting off Kylo's hand is overkill. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he lost it somehow. A lot of Kylo concept art has him missing a hand.

At this point I agree that it would feel like just another rehash for the sake of callbacks. I'm already on edge about this with TLJ after the slightly adjusted Walkers and Crait, the "totally not Hoth but is also a white planet where a Walker battle happens" planet.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv on Mon 12 Jun - 18:36

There you have interesting ideas! Laughing
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Mon 12 Jun - 19:22

So  I was thinking this morning - if Rey cuts off Kylo's hand, but the hand is still near them when she does it, then can somebody sew it back? And if they suddenly decide to go somewhere together, does he take the hand with himself? Or the hand is gone and forever? I mean then it should fall somewhere for them to not be able to reach it? scratch

and I don't know if this is meant to be a serious post or not
SkyStar
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Mon 12 Jun - 19:49

@SkyStar wrote:So  I was thinking this morning - if Rey cuts off Kylo's hand, but the hand is still near them when she does it, then can somebody sew it back? And if they suddenly decide to go somewhere together, does he take the hand with himself? Or the hand is gone and forever? I mean then it should fall somewhere for them to not be able to reach it? scratch

@SkyStar

Super glue it back on?
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Mon 12 Jun - 19:58

@Helix wrote:
@SkyStar wrote:So  I was thinking this morning - if Rey cuts off Kylo's hand, but the hand is still near them when she does it, then can somebody sew it back? And if they suddenly decide to go somewhere together, does he take the hand with himself? Or the hand is gone and forever? I mean then it should fall somewhere for them to not be able to reach it? scratch

@SkyStar

Super glue it back on?
@Helix

that is a way, also they probably don't have any ice

would ease into more cheerful mode though "I will help to find your parents Rey, but first, let's reattach my hand" *both laugh*
SkyStar
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Mon 12 Jun - 20:01

@SkyStar wrote:
@Helix wrote:

@SkyStar

Super glue it back on?
@Helix

that is a way, also they probably don't have any ice

would ease into more cheerful mode though "I will help to find your parents Rey, but first, let's reattach my hand" *both laugh*
@SkyStar

Unless she holds it hostage until Kylo helps her find her parents.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Mon 12 Jun - 20:21

@Kylo Men wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Kylo Men wrote:The leak is efficient with incident, a mark in its favor. It doesn't suffer plot development overkill. The described ending would make a lot of sense from a romance-but-no-central-romance perspective.

It also passes my Captain Phasma test. Which is that any leak that gives her much of anything to do is probably fictional.

OTOH, I'm having trouble believing it. It does seem to answer too little. The fact that it doesn't account at all for the "mysterious connection" between its heroine and villain makes me suspicious.  

I really don't want to see Kylo, or anyone, lose a hand. I'm bored with that, and for a series under suspicion of repeating itself .... it would be a bad move. Although there have been those rumors.  
@Kylo Men

If Rey truly cuts off his hand, how is that a good way to set up any romance? If this leaks is true, they only fight and when presumably he says something about her parents is what makes her not to kill him. Still cutting his hand off is far from what I would call set up for romantic Reylo. Maybe I'm just too pessimistic about this leak but far from exciting movie. Training for Act I and II and then two fights.
@DarthRen

In real life ..... it would be a pretty big problem. So would force-throwing your girlfriend against a tree. Or scarring his face for life. I wouldn't recommend dating someone if they did these things to you. But Star Wars has its own fictional reality, and the Jedi have their own fictional code.

Taking this leak on face value, Kylo probably has the chance to finish her off and doesn't. Then he puts in a half-hearted fight against her. She wins, cuts off his hand. She presumably has the same opportunity to finish him off, but doesn't. He says something to her. And the next thing you know they're running off together. It's very Reylo.

It's not how I would do it. And I'm pretty skeptical about the leak.  
@Kylo Men

Leaks says Rey defeats Kylo because of her emotions and anger. She would have won it either way even if he doesn't want to kill her, she's stronger than him.

The thing is scar on his face for Han? I understand and force pushing her against tree? Okay, it was part of that fight but this won't get them any closer. Running off for some reason really is not that Reylo kind of thing, it could be about her parents. This leaks pretty much shows how hard it would be to do Reylo in EP IX, they don't even have a convo together and to see her changing her views on him. Just hate and anger in TLJ. Colin would have to do ton of work to make it happen in space of a one movie. Maz said her belonging is ahead of her and not in the past with her parents and they're never coming back.
DarthRen
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Marchtwin on Mon 12 Jun - 20:57

I've been going through the leak thread and it seemed interesting to me how when asked if Rey is still a Mary Sue and if it's explained how she can manipulate the force so easily he answered that even though she feels more human, the latter has no clear explanation when Pablo openly suggested she learned all that from Kylo's mind. If it was openly addressed on Twitter, why wouldn't it be addressed in the movie?
Marchtwin
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Mon 12 Jun - 21:00

@DarthRen wrote:Maz said her belonging is ahead of her and not in the past with her parents and they're never coming back.
@DarthRen

True. I assume that they are dead, but didn't Colin say that her parent reveal would be "very satisfying," and that Rey is an important character in the galaxy? She must have one hell of a back story.

I thought that her sympathy would start with a vision or something Luke tells her, then grow after Kylo fills her in on more later, so yeah, it's highly unlikely they'll have little in the way of conversation? Also, unless she's going dark, I don't think she'll spend the whole film angry and hateful to the point that she takes off his arm. That's not something I'd like to see...
Cowgirlsamurai
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Mon 12 Jun - 21:31

@IoJovi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:New 4chan "leak". Guy claiming to be doing the French translation of the TLJ script:

https://boards.4chan.org/tv/thread/83806420

According to this one, Rey and Kylo each spend the bulk of the first 2/3 of the movie training, then have fights at the end of Act 2 and Act 3. Rolling Eyes
@ISeeAnIsland

Cue the "Rocky" montage... Laughing

I wonder if Kylo's training includes smashing his own helmet...
@IoJovi

Maybe Kylo has to chase Space Chicken a la Rocky?
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Mon 12 Jun - 21:35

I really hope this new leak isn't true, or at least the part about Kylo getting the Skywalker Special.  And it would be especially horrible if he got it from Rey.  She carved him up enough in TFA.  Angry   Enough is enough. Angry
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Mon 12 Jun - 21:39

Yeah I don't buy this leak. They get a job to dub a script (and I agree with one of the 4chan posters, why so soon?) and they immediately run to 4chan with the info?

Snoke torturing Kylo sounds plausible but that is taken right from Bastila.

And good lord, no don't have Rey chop off Kylo's hand. In addition to his face she gave him a horrible cut on his shoulder. Enough.
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 12 Jun - 21:40

@Kyla Ren wrote:I really hope this new leak isn't true, or at least the part about Kylo getting the Skywalker Special.  And it would be especially horrible if he got it from Rey.  She carved him up enough in TFA.  Angry   Enough is enough. Angry
@Kyla Ren

Last night it seemed legit to me, but then when I got to thinking, this doesn't really give us anything new other than what's already out there. The OP is talented when it comes to sounding credible - I'll give them that.

However, anyone can sound that way if they try hard enough. This "spoiler" doesn't give us any backstory on anyone Kylo, Luke, Rey or otherwise. Rey not having a romance was probably gathered by the OP reading the VF article. The only new things referenced are what people might already guess or expect, like the Skywalker Special.

IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Mon 12 Jun - 21:56

@Marchtwin wrote:I've been going through the leak thread and it seemed interesting to me how when asked if Rey is still a Mary Sue and if it's explained how she can manipulate the force so easily he answered that even though she feels more human, the latter has no clear explanation when Pablo openly suggested she learned all that from Kylo's mind. If it was openly addressed on Twitter, why wouldn't it be addressed in the movie?
@Marchtwin

Eh, to be fair I always found that explanation extremely shaky. Nothing at all suggested that was the case within TFA and I doubt it'll ever be addressed in TLJ. Pablo didn't sound entirely solid on it either.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Marchtwin on Mon 12 Jun - 22:04

@ZioRen wrote:
@Marchtwin wrote:I've been going through the leak thread and it seemed interesting to me how when asked if Rey is still a Mary Sue and if it's explained how she can manipulate the force so easily he answered that even though she feels more human, the latter has no clear explanation when Pablo openly suggested she learned all that from Kylo's mind. If it was openly addressed on Twitter, why wouldn't it be addressed in the movie?
@Marchtwin

Eh, to be fair I always found that explanation extremely shaky. Nothing at all suggested that was the case within TFA and I doubt it'll ever be addressed in TLJ. Pablo didn't sound entirely solid on it either.
@ZioRen

I don't know, doesn't have to be the case. It looked like that because every time Rey used the force it mirrored Kylo's usage moments before. Again, doesn't have to be, but there must be some clarification at least. Something relating to her backstory perhaps. Anything.
Marchtwin
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 12 Jun - 22:09

@Marchtwin wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@Marchtwin

@ZioRen

I don't know, doesn't have to be the case. It looked like that because every time Rey used the force it mirrored Kylo's usage moments before. Again, doesn't have to be, but there must be some clarification at least. Something relating to her backstory perhaps. Anything.
@Marchtwin

I agree. With the "Rey was Luke's student as a youngling" theory debunked by the official timeline, Rey having gotten it from Kylo's head seems like the most plausible explanation to me. Especially if they've got a mysterious Force connection with each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Mon 12 Jun - 22:19

@IoJovi wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:I really hope this new leak isn't true, or at least the part about Kylo getting the Skywalker Special.  And it would be especially horrible if he got it from Rey.  She carved him up enough in TFA.  Angry   Enough is enough. Angry
@Kyla Ren

Last night it seemed legit to me, but then when I got to thinking, this doesn't really give us anything new other than what's already out there.  The OP is talented when it comes to sounding credible - I'll give them that.

However, anyone can sound that way if they try hard enough.  This "spoiler" doesn't give us any backstory on anyone  Kylo, Luke, Rey or otherwise.  Rey not having a romance was probably gathered by the OP reading the VF article.   The only new things referenced are what people might already guess or expect, like the Skywalker Special.  
@IoJovi

I'm just not sure what to think.  I mean, it probably is fake, like so many of the other "leaks" we've had over the past year and a half or so.  I wonder if the guy will post again.

I just really thought that by now we would start to get more legitimate leaks, but so far there's been very little other than very minor things about costumes and stuff like that.  If Disney/Lucasfilm decided to tighten security around this film to avoid the kind of leaks they had before TFA was released, then they're certainly doing a very good job. Sad
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 12 Jun - 22:35

@Kyla Ren wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Kyla Ren

Last night it seemed legit to me, but then when I got to thinking, this doesn't really give us anything new other than what's already out there.  The OP is talented when it comes to sounding credible - I'll give them that.

However, anyone can sound that way if they try hard enough.  This "spoiler" doesn't give us any backstory on anyone  Kylo, Luke, Rey or otherwise.  Rey not having a romance was probably gathered by the OP reading the VF article.   The only new things referenced are what people might already guess or expect, like the Skywalker Special.  
@IoJovi

I'm just not sure what to think.  I mean, it probably is fake, like so many of the other "leaks" we've had over the past year and a half or so.  I wonder if the guy will post again.

I just really thought that by now we would start to get more legitimate leaks, but so far there's been very little other than very minor things about costumes and stuff like that.  If Disney/Lucasfilm decided to tighten security around this film to avoid the kind of leaks they had before TFA was released, then they're certainly doing a very good job. Sad
@Kyla Ren

I was actually thinking, other than the mess of the Vanity Fair debacle, the marketing which has kept Kylo so hush-hush and wrapped so tight the poor guy is being smothered has me wondering just what the heck are they holding onto? Also, given the fact this is the mega-giant that is Disney and they're so over the top silent on certain things makes me think that NONE of these things that have come out in the last year or so are remotely true. The only things I give credence to really are the Ireland and Dubrovnik filming. Heck MSW, who were able to get 95% of TFA correct, don't have much.

That being said, I hope sincerely the exploding hut rumor is true because I'm really super intrigued at how that would actually play out.

IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Mon 12 Jun - 22:51

I like the credibility of the leaker more than the credibility of the leak itself. If that makes sense.

Working on the French translation ... if you were trying to fake a reason to have access to the movie, I would say that would be a pretty next-level reason to make up. It wouldn't be the first thing I would think of. Then to back it up by replying in French.

But ultimately, he doesn't mention much that I would expect to be mentioned. It seems like a couple of big points aren't in his telling.

Kylo Men
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Mon 12 Jun - 22:53

Is the film in the can? Have they sent it out for translation?

Those might be interesting questions for Pablo right now.

Kylo Men
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Mon 12 Jun - 22:57

The leak has no credibility and no proof. It was incredibly dull for the most part and played it completely safe. It skimmed along the surface of every mystery and every character without doing any of the deep delving that Rian and multiple actors claim happens in TLJ. Someone who was translating a whole script would be able to remember some lines or get some deeper character analysis. Honestly, the first debunked leak that spread around a little while ago sounded much more credible and had more thought put in.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Tue 13 Jun - 0:17

@ReyofLightSide wrote:And "Every day they grow stronger" is ripped off right from Rogue One.
@ReyofLightSide

And Apocalypse Now, for that matter

Kylo Men
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum