The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 12 Jun 2017, 8:32 pm

The Skywalker Special is a huge problem in this "leak" IMO . I actually don't see it as an impediment to Reylo in that Kylo already seems so guilt-ridden and self-loathing in "the dark that I think once he starts to go lighter that he will be able to get over quite a lot, especially when it comes to Rey. Almost like he would say, "You cut off my hand. I killed my Dad. I know how it is when you fall dark."

What is more crucial in the the Skywalker Special here is that it makes Rey seem really out of control with her force. No one cuts off a hand in a good mindset in SW. The hand loser always looks like the victim. Even Vader. Suddenly he was this wheezing old man on the floor when a minute before he wanted to turn Leia to the dark side.

If Rey cuts off Kylo's hand after she mars his face, he is going to start looking "victimish" to more people, especially if she's all Darth Maul again *and* especially if he never goes for the kill against her at any point in TLJ. This will lead to her heroine status to become more shaky. She will become more like Anakin.

In a lot of ways this would solidfy her as being a true "grey" peer to Kylo Ren, and something like that would have the potential to be pretty freaking awesome if handled the right way ... but do they have the guts to make her a hand cutter? A cutter of a real hand, not Luke's much more palatable "cut only repairable wires" cutting.

I'm not sure that they have those guts. I mean Rey was in red at SWC. Daisy ran to Rian as soon as she read the script. I think she is going to have some serious challenges with the darkness and I think that Kylo will look very different on the other side of TLJ, but hand-cutting is *so* visceral in this universe ... I just think that they would show her dark struggle in another, less maiming way.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 12 Jun 2017, 9:53 pm

It's like the "No! Luke Killed Your Parents!!!" type of 'spoiler,' you might as well just drop an anvil on the characters. It's that heavy handed and obvious because people think that everything has to be matchy matchy thanks to TFA's riff on the original movie and GL mining the OT for the PT b/c of Ring Theory. She already scarred him in the first movie, what's the point of cutting off his hand?
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Mon 12 Jun 2017, 10:23 pm

This reminds me of my old concept art based fear that Kylo's story would be losing more of his natural flesh every movie and ultimately ending up as a Vader-like half man dark sider. Be careful what you wish for and such.

I mean, if "good" Rey was the cause of all of Kylo's injuries in that scenario and ultimately drove him to the deepest dark in the process, that would certainly be an interesting dynamic in some other, more cynical movie. But not in Star Wars. Bleak ending only worked for the Prequels because we already knew the real end to that story.

But speaking in more realistic terms, I also doubt that they'll have Rey maim Kylo further. He killed his dad and hurt Finn, she sliced his face to serve as a permanent reminder. What could justify her doing something much worse later? Even if they plan on her showing a darker side or Kylo does something really bad, it seems redundant and unnecessary to do it that way.
ZioRen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Wed 14 Jun 2017, 11:58 pm

Saw this circulating on tumblr.
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Thu 15 Jun 2017, 12:25 am

We posted that one a while back! Jason Ward from MSW said it was bullcrap based on what he knows. Not that he seems to know anything interesting this time around so don't know how much I trust his word. Rolling Eyes
ZioRen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Thu 15 Jun 2017, 12:27 am

Sorry, must have missed it!
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 15 Jun 2017, 4:39 am

That "leak" from French translator is BS. He's doing the same thing as "Sloth Anakin" - trying to fill in the gaps between MSW spoilers. Hence "don't have Act 2 script yet". Cause that part is in total radio silence at least when it comes to Rey/Kylo/Luke. So he couldn't write his fic around anything. he tried to incorporate Hut Slaying but in the wrong context. Total BS.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Thu 15 Jun 2017, 5:29 pm

Has the French translator spoiler been debunked?

Kylo Men
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 15 Jun 2017, 5:33 pm

@Kylo Men wrote:Has the French translator spoiler been debunked?
@Kylo Men

Pretty much in my mind, yeah. They haven't been giving any SOLID info and what they have given is based around stuff that is already out there. I'll give the writer credit that they know how to pass themselves off as sounding credible (and yes, they do speak French), but there were a few inconsistencies that just didn't jive.

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 15 Jun 2017, 5:36 pm

And i guess in our self attention seeking world anything is plausible, but the ones that start out with "I'm a former LF employee and I want my message to be heard around the world" sounds a bit disingenuous. I think we've seen dozens that start out with this same premise and they're all different. Laughing

IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Thu 15 Jun 2017, 5:43 pm

@IoJovi wrote:And i guess in our self attention seeking world anything is plausible, but the ones that start out with "I'm a former LF employee and I want my message to be heard around the world" sounds a bit disingenuous. I think we've seen dozens that start out with this same premise and they're all different. Laughing
@IoJovi

IE none of them have ever been associated with LF in any way, except maybe fixing the A/C there. Laughing Those types can be filed away with the 'My Uncle works for Disney/Nintendo/LF'.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 15 Jun 2017, 6:20 pm

@Helix wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:And i guess in our self attention seeking world anything is plausible, but the ones that start out with "I'm a former LF employee and I want my message to be heard around the world" sounds a bit disingenuous. I think we've seen dozens that start out with this same premise and they're all different. Laughing
@IoJovi

IE none of them have ever been associated with LF in any way, except maybe fixing the A/C there. Laughing Those types can be filed away with the 'My Uncle works for Disney/Nintendo/LF'.
@Helix

That's just it. If someone actually DID work for Lucasfilm in a high enough level of capacity where they knew the script in that level of detail, why in the world would you take to the Internet with it? Even if it doesn't seem like you'd get caught and it'd be untraceable, who would want to take that risk when you could get sued to the point of financial ruin? Disney does not f*** around when it comes to that.

IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Thu 15 Jun 2017, 6:24 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@Helix wrote:
@IoJovi

@Helix

That's just it. If someone actually DID work for Lucasfilm in a high enough level of capacity where they knew the script in that level of detail, why in the world would you take to the Internet with it? Even if it doesn't seem like you'd get caught and it'd be untraceable, who would want to take that risk when you could get sued to the point of financial ruin? Disney does not f*** around when it comes to that.
@IoJovi

Exactly. That's why they're almost guaranteed to be fakers.

The ghost of Walt Disney will come to your house and beat you down for that.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 16 Jun 2017, 12:40 am

@Helix wrote:  

@Helix  

lol!  lol!  lol!

You should troll 4chan with a "leak":

"I was fixing the AC at Pinewood while they were filming the last scene in the movie. It goes like this...."
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 16 Jun 2017, 12:42 am

@vaderito wrote:
@Helix wrote:  

@Helix  

lol!  lol!  lol!

"I was fixing the AC at Pinewood while they were filming the last scene in the movie. It goes like this...."
@vaderito

That brings up memories of that early TLJ leak from the "member of the catering crew". (If I recall, she was the one who said that the ending was essentially the same as the pivotal scene from Looper.)

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 16 Jun 2017, 12:45 am

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

That brings up memories of that early TLJ leak from the "member of the catering crew". (If I recall, she was the one who said that the ending was essentially the same as the pivotal scene from Looper.)
@ISeeAnIsland

Yep, that was hilarious. It's funny when fakers think other fans haven't seen movies from which they borrow plot points or new character names (remember Aya, the fake name for Rose that Helmet Faker has given her after the character from Three Outlaw Samurai? lol! )

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Fri 16 Jun 2017, 4:58 am

@vaderito wrote:
@Helix wrote:  

@Helix  

lol!  lol!  lol!

@vaderito

"I saw the puppets of Sloth Anakin and Yoda hanging out..."
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 16 Jun 2017, 5:00 am

@Helix wrote:

"I saw the puppets of Sloth Anakin and Yoda hanging out..."
@Helix

Twisted Evil