The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread

Post by SheLitAFire on Sun 16 Jul - 18:47

@Helix wrote:Why does this image look like a psychedelic trip.

@Helix

Ugh, I actually have 2 friends who adamantly believe this. It was the first "parent" theory I heard back in Dec 2016
SheLitAFire
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Sun 16 Jul - 18:50

@Helix wrote:Why does this image look like a psychedelic trip.

@Helix

LMAO, I loved it! Laughing
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 16 Jul - 18:51

Hasn't anybody suggested the more real world scenario, that Phasma is Luke's bitter ex-wife, who resents that he's replaced her with a younger, trophy wife model?
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Mon 17 Jul - 15:30

Phasma Skymom is actually gaining traction and it's basically because she's another woman whose backstory we don't know + her increased role comments. Now we have her losing a limb from the Bothan leak = Skywalker.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Mon 17 Jul - 16:00

I was waiting for the latest installment of crack spoilers to hit the internet. Now it is Phasma is Rey's mom? hahaha!

Birdwoman
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Mon 17 Jul - 16:07

@Birdwoman wrote:I was waiting for the latest installment of crack spoilers to hit the internet. Now it is Phasma is Rey's mom? hahaha!
@Birdwoman

Of course she is! She fits the two requirements for being Skymom!: being female and having no backstory at the moment!
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Mon 17 Jul - 16:12

@Birdwoman wrote:I was waiting for the latest installment of crack spoilers to hit the internet.  Now it is Phasma is Rey's mom? hahaha!
@Birdwoman Gwendoline Christie, I dub thee Phasmom.
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Mon 17 Jul - 16:14

I can still see Phasma as Rey's Mom since it could make an interesting story...but trying to link her to Luke is an act of desperation by reywalkers.

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 17 Jul - 16:23

There's like what? Maybe a 15 year age difference at most between the two actresses? This is like when they have an actress play somebody's love interest in a movie and then being Hollywood with its f**ked up double standards, 2-3 years later she's playing his mom.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 17 Jul - 16:33

@panki wrote:I can still see Phasma as Rey's Mom since it could make an interesting story...but trying to link her to Luke is an act of desperation by reywalkers.
@panki

You know, my husband and I had this same theory on our first viewing together. We discussed this on the car ride home, and while yes the age difference is small, it's still not impossible. Given all that we've discussed now, I can't imagine that this would be the case, but it does make for an interesting first impression.

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Mon 17 Jul - 16:34

@snufkin ... Phasma could easily have been a young mother under the 'Empire needs children' program post Palpatine's death....I don't think a 15-20 year age gap between actresses is a grounds for cursory dismissal of a theory since Rey is 19 and Phasma is supposed to be around 38.

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 17 Jul - 16:38

@panki - that's true. But I'm not even thinking in Star Wars terms or even if they want to go there with more Nazi parallels (which judging from the shots of Hux in BTS, maybe they are) of having it turn out that the FO was running a Lebensborn type program from the shadows. I was just thinking in terms of all the situations where actresses go from playing love interest to mother in a short period of time because Hollywood is so weird about women getting older.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Mon 17 Jul - 16:46

@snufkin ... you're so right about that....its bugbear of mine. There are soaps in my country where the actress playing the protagonist is a teenager, an actress in her late 20s plays her mother and someone in their late 30s plays the grandmom.... one of my producer acquaintances said it was supposed to be a positive thing so real life mothers and grandmothers could feel good about themselves...yeah right. *eye roll* Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Mon 17 Jul - 16:56

On the topic of Reywalker/s, which is basically crack by now.

Ask any child that follow the movie (10-14) and they tell you that's her dad at the end.

Source? What 10-14 year olds? Laughing
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 17 Jul - 17:00

@panki - yep, same thing was said about having Marisa Tomei play Aunt May. That she was literally the "not your grandma" take on the character and the younger wife of his late uncle who's this artsy feminist bohemian type of character. Which okay, cool. But Joanna Robinson from Vanity Fair pointed out the simple lack of roles/representation for older women in TV and movies, people freaked out about it because the character is sold as being such a cool person. That's one of the things I thought TFA did really well and unlike a lot of mainstream Hollywood products, did it without patting itself on the back about, just the fact that there were all different types of women and female characters shown in that world. Including even Carrie Fisher and Dame Harriet Walter show up as two women in charge of things with grey hair and wrinkles. And Walter gets off one of the best laughs in the entire movie, plus her cut scene implies that she's the surgeon who operates on Finn.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 17 Jul - 17:02

@panki - but ha, can you imagine the whole I am Your Father Mother scene with Phasma and Rey? That would be so ridiculously cheesy at this point in time because everybody knows that moment. It would be a comedy sketch. Though my first thought from that picture is simply that Phasma is Luke's bitter ex-wife, who's angry that he's traded her in for a younger, prettier model. Which is another common trope when it comes to women and aging!
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Mon 17 Jul - 17:39

My ( code named Naught Feighck ) sources have just told me that Rey is a tank bred 'perfect' Force user made with the DNA of a ton of powerful force users. She's a SkyYodaKenobiJinnWalker.

I do think tank made/experiment Rey could be interesting, though. Just not SkyYodaKenobiJinnWalker.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 17 Jul - 17:46

@snufkin wrote:@panki - but ha, can you imagine the whole I am Your Father Mother scene with Phasma and Rey? That would be so ridiculously cheesy at this point in time because everybody knows that moment. It would be a comedy sketch. Though my first thought from that picture is simply that Phasma is Luke's bitter ex-wife, who's angry that he's traded her in for a younger, prettier model. Which is another common trope when it comes to women and aging!
@snufkin

This is pretty much the main reason why my notions of Phasma being Rey's space mom did not last long. lol!

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 17 Jul - 17:51

@IoJovi - I would actually LOVE it if that were the scenario. Phasma and Luke could be bitchy and angry with each other. And she'd have already been a trophy wife because GC is at least 20-25 years MH's junior. Just like how CF and HF had a 14 year age difference.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Thu 20 Jul - 3:26

There is a spoiler going around on tumblr, but I can't find the original source. It is Rey finding out Luke killed her parents, she gets injured in the final battle and everyone thinks she dead (??), but really she has gone back to Jakku. It then mentions an old crack spoiler of Rey in her AT-AT making a mark on the wall. Then she hears a ship coming in low overhead and grabs her staff and runs outside. I don't know if the ship is Kylo's? Putting this in the crack spoiler thread for now.

ETA: it's from 4chan
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Thu 20 Jul - 11:56

Huh. There's that rumor of her on Jakku again.

Kylo Men
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Thu 20 Jul - 12:37

Has there been any evidence of Unkar showing up in TLJ? Laughing I always thought we'd see him again at some point, but maybe not until the end of the trilogy.
Cowgirlsamurai
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair on Thu 20 Jul - 17:07

Was reading some Rey Solo meta this morning, and came across this beauty: a random image in TFA that supposedly illustrates the relationship between Kylo and Rey's origins.

adamdrivershair
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Thu 20 Jul - 17:27

@adamdrivershair wrote:Was reading some Rey Solo meta this morning, and came across this beauty: a random image in TFA that supposedly illustrates the relationship between Kylo and Rey's origins.

@adamdrivershair

Just like how the two gems on Leia's ring means she has two kids. One of which she never mentions! Laughing

Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Thu 20 Jul - 19:10

@Helix wrote:
@adamdrivershair wrote:Was reading some Rey Solo meta this morning, and came across this beauty: a random image in TFA that supposedly illustrates the relationship between Kylo and Rey's origins.

@adamdrivershair

Just like how the two gems on Leia's ring means she has two kids. One of which she never mentions! Laughing

@Helix

Most shocking truth in Star Wars history

Rey! I am your mother!
lol! lol! lol!

reylo1992
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum