The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread

Post by Moonlight13 on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 5:07 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Hypothetically speaking, if Luke really WAS the Big Bad behind Snoke, then why would Snoke be so worried about Skywalker returning in TFA?  I mean, Snoke was willing to destroy the entire Ilenium system to prevent the Resistance from getting to Luke?
@ISeeAnIsland

In that case, it would make sense because Kylo thinks Snoke is the "good one" so he has to say bad things about Skywalker ("the evil one") in front of him to keep him as his ally. Besides, Snoke wouldn't want the Resistance finding Luke and finding out he's now on the Dark Side. Laughing
Moonlight13
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 5:37 pm

So I was thinking about this part in Aftermath: Empire's end:

Luke. She reaches for him but doesn't find him.
The dark, now lit with stars. One by one, like eyes opening. Comforting at first, then sinister as she worries, Who is out there, who is watching us? Hands reach for her, hands of shadow, lifting her up, reaching for her throat, her wrists, her stomach -
Inside, the child kicks. She feels her baby turning inside, right-side, up and down, struggling to find his bearings, trying so hard to find his way free of her. It's not time, she thinks. Just a little longer.
Leia.
Luke, she wants to cry out. But her words don't come. her mouth is sealed, a hand pressed over it. One by one, stars go dark again, winking out of existence as if by a hand slowly closing over them"

What if it isn't Snoke that is troubling Ben and Leia? What if the darkness Leia feels is Luke, when she reaches to him and Ben also feels that darkness and is scared of it?
Then again it would probably be too early.
Well still fun to speculate. Very Happy
SkyStar

http://vienradzis.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 5:45 pm

If Luke is truly that evil ... what a twist that would be. Almost Vader reveal like. Still gonna see if there is more evidence pointing to it but it would make him a lot more intresting character.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 6:07 pm

@Helix wrote:
Rey kills this scary a** sloth and then feels really bad when its "cubs" mourn the loss of their mother.

RIP Anakin.
@Helix

I laughed out loud Laughing
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 6:10 pm

God you're not kidding about wanting to delouse yourself after reading anything to do with 4Chan, nice racism they've got there. These are the same mouth breathers who like the idea of Rey and Kylo having a positive relationship simply because they think it'll provoke teh Lulz.

Some of it sounds like a hodge podge of things like Dark Luke theory. Which has its roots going back to the OT because he was written at one point as just being unfit for boring, everyday normal human society after the full exposure to the Force and DS via the Emperor confrontation. And another version had Vader live where the two of them went off together like ronin samurai to wander the galaxy while Leia becomes queen and tries to hold everything together. So it's pulling on some decades old scenarios that were considered for the original movies. That said, it's something that seems plausible given the Empire's End/Bloodline hints that he's not just off the grid, but maybe mentally a little off too. And that he inadvertently played a central role in the events which destroyed his 'new Jedi order' and Ben's fall to the DS.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie Ren on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 6:31 pm

Rey is a Palpatine!? Wow!
(or, was that written by the OP's "impersonator"? I can't tell)

I really like the leak because it sounds very interesting, not predictable, and there's Reylo!
Marie Ren
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 7:08 pm

I have been out most of the day with kids. I was thinking some of the leak sounds plausible. Just by some of the things I have read and how they are positioning Luke on the poster. If half of the dark Luke happens it will shock everyone.

Birdwoman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 8:01 pm

I also think the leak sounds plausible. Not the Reylo stuff particularly, but the way the person was describing the scenes... It didn't seem like some fanfic they read or conjured out of nowhere. It's... visually tangible? I can visualize those scenes playing and they make sense.
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 8:19 pm

Leaker says that Leia dies of a broken heart, Kelly is a terrible actress, and there is a moment where you think Luke is going to pull out the green saber, but then it ignites...RED! scratch
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 8:26 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Leaker says that Leia dies of a broken heart, Kelly is a terrible actress, and there is a moment where you think Luke is going to pull out the green saber, but then it ignites...RED! scratch
@Cowgirlsamurai

I think Luke igniting a red lightsaber would be awesome! Smile  I'm all for Dark!Luke. Laughing  I think it would make his character a lot more interesting.

But Leia dying of a broken heart really doesn't sound right, although I guess anything is possible.
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 8:27 pm

I look at it this way ..... there are three people who, have commented on TLJ spoilers who, from what I understand, have a history of accuracy. Jason at MSW. Bothan Spy. And that Redditor who apparently knew unknown details of Rogue One. Jason doesn't seem to have much or is sitting on all of it. Bothan Spy hasn't said anything about Dark!Luke. It seems strongly that the third guy genuinely has a friend that works for some organization involved in the project. And he said Dark!Luke. And he didn't want Dark!Luke. And when people tried to get him to come down to something less evil, he insisted Luke is the villain. And today, we get the poster designs with Luke looking totally villainous.

I'm not sure that I like the idea of straight-up Dark!Luke. But have we seen a non-villainous picture of him? You might think that it's unlikely and wonder why LF would be spoiling it. But we're like the CIA spooks looking at photos and trying to figure out who's standing next to the General Secretary as they watch the parade from the top of the Kremlin. 99 percent of people going to see the movie are not going to see or think about all this stuff at all.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 8:29 pm

@Kyla Ren wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Leaker says that Leia dies of a broken heart, Kelly is a terrible actress, and there is a moment where you think Luke is going to pull out the green saber, but then it ignites...RED! scratch
@Cowgirlsamurai

I think Luke igniting a red lightsaber would be awesome! Smile  I'm all for Dark!Luke. Laughing  I think it would make his character a lot more interesting.

But Leia dying of a broken heart really doesn't sound right, although I guess anything is possible.
@Kyla Ren They pulled that one straight from the Padme playbook.
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 8:29 pm

And forget the Reylo stuff for a second. Kylo delivers a monologue for the ages. How awesome would that be?

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 8:35 pm

@Kyla Ren wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@Kyla Ren

I agree--Luke igniting the red would rank up there with "I am your father" in shocking moments.

But after all of the flack about Padme dying of a broken heart, I can't see them going that way with Leia. That also doesn't fit with John Boyega saying that they're sending Leia off in an "amazing, amazing way".

There have been other "leakers" complaining about KMT's acting abilities before, but those have generally been posters who clearly had a FinnRey preference.

Something else that makes this "leak" potentially confusing is that the OP claimed that there was an imposter in the thread using his name and posting false stuff. So who knows?
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 8:42 pm

@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@Kyla Ren They pulled that one straight from the Padme playbook.
@MeadowofAshes

In the words of Matt, the Radar Technician, yes, exactly!  Exactly! Laughing
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 8:47 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@Kyla Ren

I agree--Luke igniting the red would rank up there with "I am your father" in shocking moments.

But after all of the flack about Padme dying of a broken heart, I can't see them going that way with Leia. That also doesn't fit with John Boyega saying that they're sending Leia off in an "amazing, amazing way".

There have been other "leakers" complaining about KMT's acting abilities before, but those have generally been posters who clearly had a FinnRey preference.

Something else that makes this "leak" potentially confusing is that the OP claimed that there was an imposter in the thread using his name and posting false stuff. So who knows?
@ISeeAnIsland

Yes, I think a lot of people would be totally shocked by the red lightsaber.  That, and Reylo happening. Smile

As far as the impostor in the thread goes, that's happened before and it does get confusing.  But in spite of that I still enjoy reading all these leaks, even if everything turns out to be 100% fake.  They certainly are entertaining.  Laughing   But come December, it will be interesting to see what comes true and what doesn't.
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 8:53 pm

I just read the entire thread.  Those last two posters are really salty at the thought of canon Reylo!!! lol!

Interesting enough, quite a few posters also said it was a far better story than Reywalker and they didn't strike me as the shipper type. It seems most people are wanting the opposite of what TFA *seemed* to lead to, and that's a fun story with big surprises. That part in itself is interesting to me because it tells me the hardcore Reywalkers are the minority.
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 10:10 pm

Reywalker is so boring. It boggles my mind that people want it.
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 11:28 pm

Supposedly the original poster commented again and gave a synopsis. I am not certain if this is true and I am not super impressed with the adolescent name calling that takes place on 4chan....

Finn has a mission to dig up info on Snoke. He's talking to rich assholes talking up the power and fear the leader of the First Order has totally unbeknownst to Finn and audience these guys are talking about Luke, not Snoke.

Blah blah B story blah blah Finn unwillingly betrays the Resistance by having his brain freakin downloaded.

Luke is straight up evil. No gray. No "he sees chaos as balance" bullshit. He's straight up fallen to the dark side. He's addicted to the power of the dark side and has been manipulating the events of everything since ROTJ

The Knights of Ren were his creation.

Kylo turns to the light when he realizes he's been played.

Kylo and Rey fall in love.

Rey is Emperor Palpatine's granddaughter

Luke reveals a red lightsaber after literally calling lightning down from the sky in a rain storm.

The ghosts of Obi Wan, Yoda, and Anakin have been trying to warn Rey she's in danger since she arrived. She only hears them right before the big reveal.

That's all from me folks. See you in December!

Birdwoman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 11:47 pm

Luke as evil would certainly be shocking. I almost kind of wish this were true. It can't be though. It can't.
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 11:54 pm

I agree. I love the idea of Luke being kind of evil but not totally evil. Because if he is as evil as this poster says he is....well, he will have to be killed. I am conflicted. I feel Dark Luke will be a interesting development but I hope that he is just corrupted instead of just completely evil bad guy.... affraid affraid

Birdwoman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on Fri 04 Aug 2017, 12:12 am

I don't think Luke could be permanently evil or have to be killed. That seems outside the realm of possibility to me. I guess to me it would be a matter of how dark can you push the character feasibly. It would make sense to me that Rey comes to Ahch-to to find that Luke isn't what she thought. He is much darker, and so Rey must restore the light. But one must be careful with Luke. It reminds me of the Doctor Who episode Water on Mars. Since the Doctor would die soon in that form, they could push him to his darkest edge. But it wasn't full on dark. And after the scientist killed herself, it shook him to his core and he went light again. That's the kind of leeway I see with Luke.
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Fri 04 Aug 2017, 4:44 am

One point in the leak's favor: the monologue or soliloquy is obviously very Hamlet. And that fits in with a guy already talking to a helmet.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BenSkywalker on Fri 04 Aug 2017, 5:18 am

Dark Luke is plausible since the MSW posters indicate it. His face in both posters is enormous. (In the official teaser poster too), even bigger than Kylo's.

What about all the interviews talking about changing the rules, surprising the audience, nuance and ambiguity.

The only thing I am having a hard time to dig is Rey Palpatine.
BenSkywalker
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 04 Aug 2017, 11:10 pm

If you can stand the racist, homophobic, and misogynistic comments, that reddit thread has heated up since I last glanced at it. There's someone on there named gripking who is now disputing the OP's leaks...but also seems to be doubling down on the whole "Snoke is Plagueis" and says that Rose is Finn's medic (when we know that she is a mechanic).

https://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/85831173
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum