The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread

Post by BenRey on Sun 15 Jan - 0:36

A Finnrey with too much time on their hands.
BenRey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sun 15 Jan - 0:42

LET ME JUST LAUGH FOR 5845 YEARS
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sun 15 Jan - 0:59

BenRey wrote:A Finnrey with too much time on their hands.
@BenRey

No kidding and so boring to boot. It was actually tedious to read.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Sun 15 Jan - 1:02

Darth_Awakened wrote:@CienaRee

I was laughing for 5 minutes.

My favorite bit:
Rey: You killed my mother!
Luke: Sweatheart, we'll talk about it later on, now we should help the Resistance.

rabbit
@Darth_Awakened

Hahahaha.

Naturally, Kylo is an eeeevil bad*** with zero character development in this bit of fanfiction.
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Sun 15 Jan - 1:04

Finn has a thing for Rey despite John saying he doesn't. Laughing Also that Luke tantrum.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sun 15 Jan - 1:05

Saracene wrote:

My favorite bit:
Luke: Sweatheart, we'll talk about it later on, now we should help the Resistance.

rabbit
@Darth_Awakened

Hahahaha.

Naturally, Kylo is an eeeevil bad*** with zero character development in this bit of fanfiction.
@Saracene

But, yet he gets hit by super-Finn!

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 15 Jan - 1:18

My favorite bit:

:rabbit:
@Darth_Awakened

"Rey is very forgiving" apparently means she's ok with letting Luke off the hook for killing her mother and not being bothered that Finn shrugs off KMT's death by flirting with her. Can I hazard a guess this definitely wasn't written by a woman (and the man who wrote it is likely not Rian Johnson)? I really do wonder if there are Marketing people out there whose job is to plant ridiculous spoilers in place like Reddit as misinformation campaign so real spoilers don't make a splash.

Last edited by snufkin on Sun 15 Jan - 1:46; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey on Sun 15 Jan - 1:19

There's always reoccurring themes in these 'leaked' scripts or descriptions of what is going to happen in VIII:

Kylo is barely mentioned other than he gets eviler or more villainly (so no character development there then!)
Luke is the main focus of the film rather than Rey - he's the one who does the bada** things - fights the KOR + Snoke (I want to see Luke be a bada** but not at the expense of the main character/s of the ST)
Finn and Rey will fight side by side and Finn saves Rey (because Rey is clearly a damsel in distress  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  - in TFA it was the other way around, but ok)
Finn and Rey are destined to be together (this is the clear goal of all of these leaks)
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Sun 15 Jan - 1:37

I've noticed that Episode VIII predictions in general have a hard time coming up with a storyline for Kylo other than, he will train with Snoke and will fight Rey/Luke/both at some point.
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Sun 15 Jan - 1:49

Saracene wrote:I've noticed that Episode VIII predictions in general have a hard time coming up with a storyline for Kylo other than, he will train with Snoke and will fight Rey/Luke/both at some point.
@Saracene

I guess that because of all the secrecy with the character Kylo, so far the training with Snoke and the confrontation between him and Rey are the two most likely to happen. And most people seem to agree on it. Not to mention the end result of the confrontation between him and Luke/Rey could be important as whether he's on the road to redemption or not, people would also be interested to know about that, too.
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 15 Jan - 1:53

He become more eeeevvvvil while also being an emo wuss fanboy who has to wear a cape and fly a ship just like Vaderz. Really it's a fanboy's dream, they can simultaniously be all disdainful about how weak Kylo is while also having a c**cle j**k about "OMG cape and tie fighter! So bad***!"
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Sun 15 Jan - 2:16

snufkin wrote:He become more eeeevvvvil while also being an emo wuss fanboy who has to wear a cape and fly a ship just like Vaderz. Really it's a fanboy's dream, they can simultaniously be all disdainful about how weak Kylo is while also having a c**cle j**k about "OMG cape and tie fighter! So bad***!"
@snufkin

So true! Why would a young guy wear some cape, not that he could look more like a Prince at all but anyway? Aside from this, I agree about the leak: it's lol! ! Action, action action everywhere with zero character and / or story development? Despite Adam's statement that he's more interested in independant movies focusing on the characters rather than on action itself? That Rian Johnson wrote a remarkable scenario? That the movie shall explore Kylo's humanity? If Adam Driver was so keen on being involved in pure action movies, he shall really explain why working with J.J.Abrams and Rian Johnson feels like working on independant movie Twisted Evil And if Rey being emotionally injured but very forgiving toward Luke for killing her mother is all what the screenwriters would do with her character, it would be even more  lol!

I find the TIE fighter rumor kind weird. I mean: does anyone knows how many persons can fly in this? Just one person or maximum 2 persons, isn't it? Don't you think it's strange to have Kylo using his personal TIE fighter if he is supposed to show up on Ahch-To with the Knights of Ren...unless he uses it in another occasion earlier in the movie or actually would show up on Ahch-To before or after the Knights of Ren arrive? Any thoughts about this?

Last edited by reylo1992 on Sun 15 Jan - 2:51; edited 3 times in total

reylo1992
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Sun 15 Jan - 2:37

Saracene wrote:I've noticed that Episode VIII predictions in general have a hard time coming up with a storyline for Kylo other than, he will train with Snoke and will fight Rey/Luke/both at some point.
@Saracene

Yup, because the big spoiler is that he looooovvvvvveeessssss her.
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sun 15 Jan - 3:30

@Saracene

That's how you know an overarching "leak" is false too. They're such an insider but they suddenly start scrambling when it comes to leaking Kylo's part of the plot. Which is a really good sign of how ambiguous of a character he is; you can't exactly predict what he'll do in VIII in a way that sounds legitimate. He's a wild card that way.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Sun 15 Jan - 5:10

ReyofLightSide wrote:
@Saracene

@ReyofLightSide

You mean, a relationship between the series' protagonist and the antagonist/legacy boy will actually be important????
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Sun 15 Jan - 5:22

I'm really, REALLY tempted to make myself a Reddit account and post a false leak. You have no idea.
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 15 Jan - 5:25

Irina de France wrote:I'm really, REALLY tempted to make myself a Reddit account and post a false leak. You have no idea.
@Irina de France

Not gonna lie. I was wondering how easy this would be to do. It seems like I could literally make up anything by just saying I heard it from my credibile source and folks would buy it... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Sun 15 Jan - 5:26

I am going to make up my own leak for Vlll:  8 starts where they left off....
1. Rey and Luke stare at each other, Luke looks at Rey and says 'get off my Island.'
2. Rey tells Luke, Leia needs him to come help the resistance in their fight aginast the first order.
3. Luke refuses to leave the Island and walks off to his hut. Slamming the door (I like the tantrum in the other leak.)
4. Rey is left standing there not knowing what to do?  Should she follow him or not? Then these puffin/condor birds start to circle her...threatening her...
5. Rey walks off to go back to the millinum falcon and runs into some sea creature.  They fight and puffins decide she is A-Okay. They decided to let her stay.  During this time Luke realizes that she is strong with the force also.  He realizes that by training her to use the light saber he can make the past right by training her. He feels the loss of his nephew deeply.
6. During her training, Rey has a vision of what happened with Luke, Kylo and his acolytes.  The acolytes hear that Kylo is Vader's grandson and they decided they are going to destroy him because of what Vader did to their families. Kylo fights back and kills them all.  (this part of the fake leak needs work.)
7. Kylo shows up on ach to with the KOR.  KOR take on Luke and Kylo takes on Rey.  This time he is powerful and out for revenge. Their fight eventually leads them to a cliff side again.  Kylo tells Rey:  'Luke is not your dad.'  (many fan boys die at that moment....) Rey, is not surprised since she remembers her parents, slips and falls over the cliff.  Kylo jumps in to save her....

Ok, I am just being silly and I am tired to finish my fake spoiler.  But I welcome anyone who wants to add on or change the spoiler to do so...

Birdwoman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 15 Jan - 5:31

Birdwoman wrote:I am going to make up my own leak for Vlll:  8 starts where they left off....
1. Rey and Luke stare at each other, Luke looks at Rey and says 'get off my Island.'
2. Rey tells Luke, Leia needs him to come help the resistance in their fight aginast the first order.
3. Luke refuses to leave the Island and walks off to his hut. Slamming the door (I like the tantrum in the other leak.)
4. Rey is left standing there not knowing what to do?  Should she follow him or not? Then these puffin/condor birds start to circle her...threatening her...
5. Rey walks off to go back to the millinum falcon and runs into some sea creature.  They fight and puffins decide she is A-Okay. They decided to let her stay.  During this time Luke realizes that she is strong with the force also.  He realizes that by training her to use the light saber he can make the past right by training her. He feels the loss of his nephew deeply.
6. During her training, Rey has a vision of what happened with Luke, Kylo and his acolytes.  The acolytes hear that Kylo is Vader's grandson and they decided they are going to destroy him because of what Vader did to their families. Kylo fights back and kills them all.  (this part of the fake leak needs work.)
7. Kylo shows up on ach to with the KOR.  KOR take on Luke and Kylo takes on Rey.  This time he is powerful and out for revenge. Their fight eventually leads them to a cliff side again.  Kylo tells Rey:  'Luke is not your dad.'  (many fan boys die at that moment....) Rey, is not surprised since she remembers her parents, slips and falls over the cliff.  Kylo jumps in to save her....

Ok, I am just being silly and I am tired to finish my fake spoiler.  But I welcome anyone who wants to add on or change the spoiler to do so...
@Birdwoman

You forgot the part where Kylo and Rey accidentally lip lock after he rescues her from the water, then stare at each other in a heap of confusion.  If the Reywalkers are going to go all out with this sith, then so are we... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 15 Jan - 7:13

It does make me laugh about Finn having a 'thing' for Rey; John expressly said no.
Then there's Kylo showing 'humanity' in it- not according to this.

But the worse thing about this 'leak' - it sounds boring.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 15 Jan - 7:21

motherofpearl1 wrote:It does make me laugh about Finn having a 'thing' for Rey; John expressly said no.
Then there's Kylo showing 'humanity' in it- not according to this.

But the worse thing about this 'leak' - it sounds boring.
@motherofpearl1

It's also missing the scene that should take place around the beginning of the third act where Finn and KMT infiltrate a star destroyer (per MSW)...

I also love how all of these fake leaks just have Kylo retreating back to wherever and leaving Ahch-To as soon as Luke finishes with the KoR. Because apparently the whole point of Kylo and the KoR going to Ahch-To is to simply give Luke a chance to be a bada**?

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 15 Jan - 7:32

reylo1992 wrote:
@snufkin

So true! Why would a young guy wear some cape, not that he could look more like a Prince at all but anyway? Aside from this, I agree about the leak: it's :lol!: ! Action, action action everywhere with zero character and / or story development? Despite Adam's statement that he's more interested in independant movies focusing on the characters rather than on action itself? That Rian Johnson wrote a remarkable scenario? That the movie shall explore Kylo's humanity? If Adam Driver was so keen on being involved in pure action movies, he shall really explain why working with J.J.Abrams and Rian Johnson feels like working on independant movie :twisted: And if Rey being emotionally injured but very forgiving toward Luke for killing her mother is all what the screenwriters would do with her character, it would be even more  :lol!:

I find the TIE fighter rumor kind weird. I mean: does anyone knows how many persons can fly in this? Just one person or maximum 2 persons, isn't it? Don't you think it's strange to have Kylo using his personal TIE fighter if he is supposed to show up on Ahch-To with the Knights of Ren...unless he uses it in another occasion earlier in the movie or actually would show up on Ahch-To before or after the Knights of Ren arrive? Any thoughts about this?

@reylo1992

Most of the "leaks" are pretty funny because they'll run with Kasdan's prediction that it'll be dark and weird by writing a scenario that sounds straight out of an Eli Roth movie. At the least, they don't seem to have any kind of familiarity with Johnson's previous movies and TV directing gigs. Or maybe have figured out who Kasdan is as a writer outside of his work for Lucasfilm (I tend to think a lot of fanboy's film knowledge begins and ends with the OT).

As for the Tie Fighter, maybe it's from Space Uber or Space Zip Car? Snoke being the ultimate fan boy rewards him passing his "test" by further molded molding him into grandad mode. Maybe he didn't get the memo about his Assistant Regional Vice Manager propositioning the Scavenger Girl that the two of them run away together?
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Sun 15 Jan - 13:38

@Birdwoman

Noooo, obviously this text from a tumblr post is the true leak:

*music swells*
Luke: Rey, I'm your father.
Rey: Wait, what? That makes no sense. I literally thought you were a myth.
*music stops*
Luke: Err-
Rey (mumbling to herself): Why did Maz Kanata say that my family weren't coming back then?
Luke: She is...senile?
Rey (standing up): How could you leave me in Jakku with Unkar-
Luke: That-that was your mother sweetie, blame her.
Rey: Oh...Where is she?
Luke: This is Star Wars Rey...your mother is dead.
Rey (sad): ...
Luke: Look, I didn't write this. Turns out I'm supposed to train you so that you may kill my nephew, your cousin, on my behalf because somehow I can't do that myself. Meanwhile I bad*** Luke Skywalker defeat the forces of evil and then we live happily ever after as father and daughter knowing that I've broken my twin sister's heart who will haunt me for all eternity for having being able to spare the father who tortured her but somehow managed to be complicit in the death of her only child.
*crickets*
Luke: Just don't question it. It's for the best. Welcome to the family!

Source: http://starrywarsrey.tumblr.com/post/155849431754/meanwhile-luke-and-rey-have-a-chat
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatGirl on Sun 15 Jan - 14:52

ReyofLightSide wrote:
@Saracene

@ReyofLightSide

This is all so true. The fanboys writing these 'leaks' don't seem to know what to do with Kylo. He is a puzzle and they don't have all the pieces, so they write him as Vader 2.0 who is obsessed with Rey but for apparently no reason except that she has powers. They also conveniently forget the fact that he became interested in her before her powers were discovered.

ISeeAnIsland wrote:I also love how all of these fake leaks just have Kylo retreating back to wherever and leaving Ahch-To as soon as Luke finishes with the KoR. Because apparently the whole point of Kylo and the KoR going to Ahch-To is to simply give Luke a chance to be a bada**?
@ISeeAnIsland

Yeah, the director using films like Letter Never Sent and Bridge on the River Kwai as inspiration wouldn't apply to a shallow battle sequence after which the bad guy simply disappears. I mean, where would he go? Given the rumor that his ship actually crashes and he loses all of his men, he'd be fairly screwed even if they weren't on an island surrounded by endless miles of ocean. There really isn't any escape from the way I see it.

Last edited by WhatGirl on Sun 15 Jan - 15:04; edited 2 times in total
WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Cracks theories on episode 8

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sun 15 Jan - 14:57

ReyofLightSide wrote:
@Saracene

@ReyofLightSide

cheers cheers cheers
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum