Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by SanghaRen on Mon 19 Dec 2016 - 14:01

@panki

Driving back from work, I had this idea of a fan bonus in the ST. A twi'lek in an X-Wing doing something great and you see the cockpit and there's a pic of Hera and Kanan holding a twi'lek baby. I'd be so happy!

Sabine would be then in her late 40s, right? Well, I do hope they put some Easter eggs for the Rebels fans.

You think Zeb could die? I always saw him surviving it all and going back to his people like Chewie did after the OT. Kallus needs to survive too and be part of the rebellion! But then I have my doubts he'll escape Thrawn, who I'm sure, is already on to him.

The Bendu really reminds me of Draco in Dragonheart. I think you are right that Ezra and Kanan might step aside. The fact that Ezra saw the 2 suns is an indication that the Force wants something from them and that might just be to let the events of ANH happen. Maybe their role is to kill Darth Maul so that he cannot kill OB1 and Luke can find him. What if the last scene of SW Rebels is Ezra and Kanan watching Luke and R2-D2 and then leaving.
avatar
SanghaRen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 968
Likes : 5149
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by Geralt_Riv on Wed 21 Dec 2016 - 16:23


"Save the Rebellion! Save the dream!"
Forest Whitaker in Rebels as Saw Gerrera!
avatar
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 132
Likes : 529
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-15
Age : 24
Localisation : Poland

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by SanghaRen on Thu 22 Dec 2016 - 3:12

@Geralt_Riv: I did not like the character in Rogue One, but he looks cool in that video.

There's something I've been wanting to ask for some time and always forget. Does SW Rebels have a set finish date? For whatever reason I always thought the duration was set to 5 seasons, but now I am confused if that is because it would make sense to finish it when ANH starts or because it was officially announced... If no set date and since Hera, Chopper and Sabine all seem to be alive around Rogue One, one can imagine that they could actually continue during and after the ANH events and give us another perspective on what we saw in the OT. What do you think, Rebels fans?

avatar
SanghaRen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 968
Likes : 5149
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by panki on Thu 22 Dec 2016 - 11:27

@Geralt_Riv

Thanks for sharing the video....Saw looks amazing and I'm glad we're getting to see this particular chapter of his life.....he is supposed to use a breathing device because of damage caused by insecticide on Geonosis...so this might happen in SW Rebels.

@SanghaRen

I think they could still go on for 5 seasons if they plan to show us the Aftermath of ANH's events on the Ghost crew and maybe even events leading upto ESB or maybe the ghost crew have a hand in helping the Bothans get the second death star plans- who knows.....it all depends on the fate of Ezra since he is the protagonist of the series.....if he is still alive but not a jedi, the show could still continue beyond ANH and yet not contradict the OT.

_________________
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 2701
Likes : 9680
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by panki on Sun 25 Dec 2016 - 4:45

I found a picture of Chopper in RO....this is around the time there is an intercom call for General Syndulla (Hera).......I also think they showed a short haired Asian looking female cheering in one of the starships towards the end of the Scarif battle which I feel might be Sabine (she seemed to be wearing Sabine's clothes as well.....but I'm not sure about this)



Chopper is on the extreme left

_________________
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 2701
Likes : 9680
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by Maria26 on Wed 4 Jan 2017 - 9:12



Obi Wan is back!!!! cheers
avatar
Maria26
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 23
Likes : 99
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30
Localisation : Sitting on Hades's throne.

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 4 Jan 2017 - 9:53

@Maria26 wrote:

Obi Wan is back!!!! cheers
@Maria26

Sabine's mother is alive and she is not Bo Katan:
avatar
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2202
Likes : 5046
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by Sylvia Snow on Wed 4 Jan 2017 - 10:27

@Maria26 wrote:

Obi Wan is back!!!! cheers
@Maria26

Maul is clearly at the end of the road
Can't wait to see the Duel of Fate one last time
avatar
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1377
Likes : 5625
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by Maria26 on Wed 4 Jan 2017 - 10:41

Obi Wan is definitely killing Maul.
avatar
Maria26
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 23
Likes : 99
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30
Localisation : Sitting on Hades's throne.

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by jakkusun on Wed 4 Jan 2017 - 12:11

Sigh I tried to deny that this was coming but now here it is 100% If they have to do this, I really hope Obi-Wan doesn't treat him with snobbery or scorn as he kills him off. I hope they can at least give Maul's life some sense of closure that isn't just "wahoo we finally killed this guy! He should've been dead ages ago! Yay!" ....I guess I hope that before Maul dies, he can at least find the "hope" or meaning or whatever he is looking for. I don't have the right words, but I'll be looking forward to this with no small amount of dread since they'll have to do a very delicate and good job in order to not leave me feeling empty. Sad

But Thrawn looks even more awesome this half of the season. And I'm super excited about Mon Mothma! And Sabine training with Kanan is something I didn't even know how badly I wanted because I never even realized it would be possible and now here we are! Very Happy
avatar
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 478
Likes : 2513
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by panki on Thu 5 Jan 2017 - 12:00

@jakkusun wrote:Sigh I tried to deny that this was coming but now here it is 100% If they have to do this, I really hope Obi-Wan doesn't treat him with snobbery or scorn as he kills him off. I hope they can at least give Maul's life some sense of closure that isn't just "wahoo we finally killed this guy! He should've been dead ages ago! Yay!" ....I guess I hope that before Maul dies, he can at least find the "hope" or meaning or whatever he is looking for. I don't have the right words, but I'll be looking forward to this with no small amount of dread since they'll have to do a very delicate and good job in order to not leave me feeling empty. Sad

But Thrawn looks even more awesome this half of the season. And I'm super excited about Mon Mothma! And Sabine training with Kanan is something I didn't even know how badly I wanted because I never even realized it would be possible and now here we are! Very Happy
@jakkusun

I think Maul wants to die....maybe that is the hope he seeks (even if he doesn't know it himself)....it reminds me in a very bizarre way of Darth Sion- like Maul, he underwent immense physical and mental pain throughout his life and it was the pain that kept him alive... maybe Maul will find peace in death and might help Obi-wan in some way before he dies...like Sion and Meetra Surik?

As for Sabine.... I am so so excited to finally see her wield the darksaber!!!

I still think Bo Katan is Sabine's mother.....we cannot discount that Sabine's helmet is a combination of Rook Kast and Bo-Katan's helmets (Bo-Katan's nite owl shape and Rook Kast's raven eyes design)

I can see it happening in two ways:

1. By adoption (they need to bring Gai Bal Manda into canon- adoption was a big thing for Mandalorians).... It would be interesting if Rook Kast was her biological mother died during the siege of Mandalore and Bo Katan adopted Sabine.....since she had recently lost her sister, maybe she named her Sabine in her honour. This is more probable.

2. Implying Bo-Katan and Rook Kast were once a couple- Snap Wexley was brought up by two mothers and Joph Seastriker from Bloodline had two mothers as well.... so this is nothing new in SW. Cool

_________________
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 2701
Likes : 9680
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by SanghaRen on Thu 5 Jan 2017 - 13:31

That trailer is so exciting. Very happy to see OB1 and Mon Mothma. And again I am praying that I find a way to watch it. I never thought I'd like an animated series that much.

After reading that tweet in Pablo's account on how he and Dave Filoni are aware of connections people will (wrongly) make between characters, taking the example of Satine and Sabine, but still go for it, I am even more resistant to make assumptions on the parentage of any character. I couldn't help imagining them reading the speculation and laughing their heads off over a beer. Yeah, I know, I am paranoid.

So if Sabine trains with Kanan, will we get the non FS Finn training with Jedi or Semi Jedi Rey so they can kill that evil Kylo together Razz Come on, you know some people will think of it. I can imagine Sabine being a difficult student. Poor Kanan. He's getting all the stubborn ones. Maybe he can trade tips with OB1 Razz
avatar
SanghaRen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 968
Likes : 5149
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by Moonjump05 on Thu 5 Jan 2017 - 17:43

While I am happy my "Sabine- Ruler of Mandalore" theory is going strong, the trailer also has *sigh* Obi-wan nonsense. Maybe it will be good for Rey Kenobi?

Otherwise I am watching only for Rex and and interesting Force tidbits.
avatar
Moonjump05
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 288
Likes : 2221
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by SanghaRen on Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 4:15

@Moonjump05 wrote:While I am happy my "Sabine- Ruler of Mandalore" theory is going strong, the trailer also has *sigh* Obi-wan nonsense. Maybe it will be good for Rey Kenobi?

Otherwise I am watching only for Rex and and interesting Force tidbits.

Why OB1 nonsense? I must admit he looks off in the trailer in comparison to the OT - I have watched the PT only once and I don't like the animated series Clone Wars so my reference is OT. The first words that come to my mind are "too aggressive maybe". The OT OB1 still had sparks left but was more resigned. That's my impression. But I am interested in your perspective of nonsense.

I see there's a lot of Sabine worshippers ;-) I would like Hera to have a bit more to do than standing there and sending people on mission. She's supposed to be a good fighter too (in A New Dawn she is fighting her way out which impresses Kanan) so I really would like to see her kick some a** on her own. But I guess the more they include OT characters, the less chance she has to shine on her own *sob*.
avatar
SanghaRen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 968
Likes : 5149
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by Moonjump05 on Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 6:28

@SanghaRen wrote:
@Moonjump05 wrote:While I am happy my "Sabine- Ruler of Mandalore" theory is going strong, the trailer also has *sigh* Obi-wan nonsense.  Maybe it will be good for Rey Kenobi?

Otherwise I am watching only for Rex and and interesting Force tidbits.

Why OB1 nonsense? I must admit he looks off in the trailer in comparison to the OT - I have watched the PT only once and I don't like the animated series Clone Wars so my reference is OT. The first words that come to my mind are "too aggressive maybe". The OT OB1 still had sparks left but was more resigned. That's my impression. But I am interested in your perspective of nonsense.

I see there's a lot of Sabine worshippers ;-) I would like Hera to have a bit more to do than standing there and sending people on mission. She's supposed to be a good fighter too (in A New Dawn she is fighting her way out which impresses Kanan) so I really would like to see her kick some a** on her own. But I guess the more they include OT characters, the less chance she has to shine on her own *sob*.
@SanghaRen

I just don't like Obi-wan very much and think he has no business being there.  Hopefully it will be short and Maul will die too.  A fade to black after that clip would be amazing, lol.
avatar
Moonjump05
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 288
Likes : 2221
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by SanghaRen on Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 8:14

@Moonjump05

Ok. LOL, I was looking for some deeper meaning, but yeah, if you don't like the character... It's like if they were putting whiny Anakin in it, I'd also not be too happy about it. Thankfully he's already big bad Vader.

As mentioned in a previous post, the minute OB1 was clearly mentioned in SW Rebels, his showing up as a major influence in the ST was dead for me. Just like I cannot see any other major character of SW Rebels ending up in the ST. They will tighten some loose ends to ANH and that's it. Another case of I'll eat my shirt if I'm wrong - I might have to find edible shirts soon. I just cannot imagine LF losing their GA with too many cross-overs and people having only half the information needed to understand what's going on with a character. Rogue One is the perfect example of a movie for the most devoted SW fans which has the GA left guessing at times. Case in point: Saw Gerrera. Known by the devoted fans, while most others were like "who's that freak and what's he doing here?", me included. They probably could have included the character better but then I wonder if it's worth the effort for the ST when you have other options that open up the universe and have more chances to get the whole audience on board rather than just the devoted fandom.

Connecting SW Rebels to ANH by including some of the characters makes sense to me. I just hope they don't lose sight that SW Rebels is primarily about Ezra, Kanan, Hera, Sabine, Zeb and Chopper and people love the show because of them. We'll see.
avatar
SanghaRen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 968
Likes : 5149
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by jakkusun on Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 9:06

@SanghaRen wrote:
I see there's a lot of Sabine worshippers ;-) I would like Hera to have a bit more to do than standing there and sending people on mission. She's supposed to be a good fighter too (in A New Dawn she is fighting her way out which impresses Kanan) so I really would like to see her kick some a** on her own. But I guess the more they include OT characters, the less chance she has to shine on her own *sob*.
@SanghaRen

Over the last two seasons I've thought both Sabine and Hera deserved more screen time and character development. I'm excited Sabine is getting it this season, but I totally still agree about Hera. I wish she could get more plot/action as well. We've learned more about her parents/background in an episode from season two? I think, and that episode with Thrawn on Ryloth this season, but its really not enough for me. It's sad she's usually stuck in the pilot role because we really do need to see her fight. I'd love to see her fight Thrawn in hand-to-hand combat, since they are both sort of the main leaders of their respective sides in the show, and since we've seen from this trailer that Thrawn does hand-to-hand combat, too. Hahaha My hopes for such awesomeness aren't high, but Hera really does deserve better.
avatar
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 478
Likes : 2513
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by SanghaRen on Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 9:28

@jakkusun wrote:
@SanghaRen wrote:
I see there's a lot of Sabine worshippers ;-) I would like Hera to have a bit more to do than standing there and sending people on mission. She's supposed to be a good fighter too (in A New Dawn she is fighting her way out which impresses Kanan) so I really would like to see her kick some a** on her own. But I guess the more they include OT characters, the less chance she has to shine on her own *sob*.
@SanghaRen

Over the last two seasons I've thought both Sabine and Hera deserved more screen time and character development. I'm excited Sabine is getting it this season, but I totally still agree about Hera. I wish she could get more plot/action as well. We've learned more about her parents/background in an episode from season two? I think, and that episode with Thrawn on Ryloth this season, but its really not enough for me. It's sad she's usually stuck in the pilot role because we really do need to see her fight. I'd love to see her fight Thrawn in hand-to-hand combat, since they are both sort of the main leaders of their respective sides in the show, and since we've seen from this trailer that Thrawn does hand-to-hand combat, too. Hahaha My hopes for such awesomeness aren't high, but Hera really does deserve better.

OMG, I had not thought of that, but Hera in hand-to-hand combat with Thrawn would be SO AWESOME, indeed. And you're right they're sort of the main leaders of the opposing sides so it would actually make sense that they decide to take the matter in their hands so to speak. Imagine this season's finale with such a fight happening, I'd probably lose my voice cheering. One can dream.
avatar
SanghaRen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 968
Likes : 5149
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by panki on Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 9:42

@jakkusun wrote:
@SanghaRen wrote:
I see there's a lot of Sabine worshippers ;-) I would like Hera to have a bit more to do than standing there and sending people on mission. She's supposed to be a good fighter too (in A New Dawn she is fighting her way out which impresses Kanan) so I really would like to see her kick some a** on her own. But I guess the more they include OT characters, the less chance she has to shine on her own *sob*.
@SanghaRen

Over the last two seasons I've thought both Sabine and Hera deserved more screen time and character development. I'm excited Sabine is getting it this season, but I totally still agree about Hera. I wish she could get more plot/action as well. We've learned more about her parents/background in an episode from season two? I think, and that episode with Thrawn on Ryloth this season, but its really not enough for me. It's sad she's usually stuck in the pilot role because we really do need to see her fight. I'd love to see her fight Thrawn in hand-to-hand combat, since they are both sort of the main leaders of their respective sides in the show, and since we've seen from this trailer that Thrawn does hand-to-hand combat, too. Hahaha My hopes for such awesomeness aren't high, but Hera really does deserve better.
@jakkusun

I have this feeling that Hera will get character development in season 4 and maybe a little towards the end of season 3 (just like Sabine is getting this season)....there has to be a reason beyond being a pilot sending people on missions for which was was made a General....I also feel she might have to choose between love and duty.....both Anakin and Obi-wan faced this choice at some point of time....and Kanan-Hera is the love story as of now so this is a problem they might face.

I see Obi-wan's appearance in Rebels as an indication that the chances of an Obi-wan anthology post order 66 has just fallen.....however, there are rumors that the next anthology might be an Ahsoka movie....if this is the case, we might see Obi-wan return to the big screen by 2020 as an important character (more on this in a separate post).

The canon comics (the SW comics and the Vader series) have followed his life upto when Luke is around 11 so far (and recently a bit of Obi-wan's teenage years as well)....and the SW series on Obi-wan is still going on.....he lived throughout on Tatooine, barely speaking to anyone and literally guarded the Lars homestead day and night.

The rebels episode would be around the time when Luke is 16-17 yers old (since he is Ezra's age).....so the windows for showing a movie on an older Obi-wan are shutting down.

However, there is an interesting story that took place involving Yoda, Qui Gon and a teenage Obi-wan...where Yoda visits a force strong dark planet.....I think this might be the connection to the ST since Luke is reading about this place in Obi-wan's diary and if he were trying to learn about the force, he would definitely visit these sort of places.

_________________
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 2701
Likes : 9680
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by SanghaRen on Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 10:29

@panki wrote:
However, there is an interesting story that took place involving Yoda, Qui Gon and a teenage Obi-wan...where Yoda visits a force strong dark planet.....I think this might be the connection to the ST since Luke is reading about this place in Obi-wan's diary and if he were trying to learn about the force, he would definitely visit these sort of places.

I always had a feeling that OB1 might be mentioned for the Jedi Temple and for whatever Luke was trying to achieve rather than having a direct link to any of the new character. Pablo's famous "Luke & Ben have not been part of Han & Leia's life while they undertake something else. That's important. It's part of the story." is one of my favorite PH tweet. I find the idea of Obi-Wan and Yoda playing a role in this part exciting. Maybe Luke took Ben to this planet and he was not ready to face it. A force strong dark planet sounds very good to me. Do you think Snoke could be there?

They better give a happy ending to Hera and Kanan or if they die, let them die together.
avatar
SanghaRen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 968
Likes : 5149
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by panki on Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 11:02

@SanghaRen wrote:
@panki wrote:
However, there is an interesting story that took place involving Yoda, Qui Gon and a teenage Obi-wan...where Yoda visits a force strong dark planet.....I think this might be the connection to the ST since Luke is reading about this place in Obi-wan's diary and if he were trying to learn about the force, he would definitely visit these sort of places.

I always had a feeling that OB1 might be mentioned for the Jedi Temple and for whatever Luke was trying to achieve rather than having a direct link to any of the new character. Pablo's famous "Luke & Ben have not been part of Han & Leia's life while they undertake something else. That's important. It's part of the story." is one of my favorite PH tweet. I find the idea of Obi-Wan and Yoda playing a role in this part exciting. Maybe Luke took Ben to this planet and he was not ready to face it. A force strong dark planet sounds very good to me. Do you think Snoke could be there?

They better give a happy ending to Hera and Kanan or if they die, let them die together.
@SanghaRen

I agree regarding Kanan-Hera.... they're such a cute couple with their weird eclectic family.....though I would feel very said if they died, I would hate it even more if they were separated.

The series is a three-part mini arc so I'm not sure if Snoke is on that weird planet....what we know so far is that there is a disturbance in the force and Yoda finds a force planet full of children with weapons and war paint (they look like a combination of the lost boys from Neverland and the stranded kids from Lord of the Flies) Shocked We'll learn more in the next couple of episodes.

I think Snoke's story is being dealt with in the Aphra comics....but they're doing it in a brilliant way!! We're told an ancient story about the jedi (even before the sith existed).....but nobody knows what really happened so everyone gives their interpretation of a set of events....we get to see three versions of the same story and even more are supposed to exist.....the characters in this legend are also mentioned in the Junior novel Servants of the Empire- Secret Academy (thus a link to Brendol Hux)....I think Snoke is the guy being talked about in the story but I think the real story will only be told in a movie though clues regarding the events can be gleaned from the comic.....a couple of interesting points-

1. Some force worshipers think jedi are fixed in their views, evil and use red ligthsabers.
2. Giant Kyber crystals play an important role in the legend.
3. There was a faction of the jedi that broke away and committed what the jedi order considered a heresy......nobody knows the real story.
4. The leader of the breakaway faction (the character I feel might be Snoke) and the female jedi opposing him were friends at one time...she sports an interesting hairstyle which made me think of how DR hid her hair during the episode 8 shoot.

_________________
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 2701
Likes : 9680
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 11:50

I've seen numerous tweets about Satine's death today. I'm guessing it's all because of Obi-Wan and Darth Maul's upcoming confrontation. I should say I haven't seen Rebels yet. My other half and I have almost finished watching The Clone Wars and have Rebels ready to watch afterwards. Most intriguing was Dave Filoni expressing regret about Satine's death https://twitter.com/gravyvoice/status/817074856021917697
avatar
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1634
Likes : 11253
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by jakkusun on Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 18:43

@panki wrote:
@SanghaRen wrote:
@panki wrote:
However, there is an interesting story that took place involving Yoda, Qui Gon and a teenage Obi-wan...where Yoda visits a force strong dark planet.....I think this might be the connection to the ST since Luke is reading about this place in Obi-wan's diary and if he were trying to learn about the force, he would definitely visit these sort of places.

I always had a feeling that OB1 might be mentioned for the Jedi Temple and for whatever Luke was trying to achieve rather than having a direct link to any of the new character. Pablo's famous "Luke & Ben have not been part of Han & Leia's life while they undertake something else. That's important. It's part of the story." is one of my favorite PH tweet. I find the idea of Obi-Wan and Yoda playing a role in this part exciting. Maybe Luke took Ben to this planet and he was not ready to face it. A force strong dark planet sounds very good to me. Do you think Snoke could be there?

They better give a happy ending to Hera and Kanan or if they die, let them die together.
@SanghaRen

I agree regarding Kanan-Hera.... they're such a cute couple with their weird eclectic family.....though I would feel very said if they died, I would hate it even more if they were separated.

The series is a three-part mini arc so I'm not sure if Snoke is on that weird planet....what we know so far is that there is a disturbance in the force and Yoda finds a force planet full of children with weapons and war paint (they look like a combination of the lost boys from Neverland and the stranded kids from Lord of the Flies) Shocked We'll learn more in the next couple of episodes.

I think Snoke's story is being dealt with in the Aphra comics....but they're doing it in a brilliant way!! We're told an ancient story about the jedi (even before the sith existed).....but nobody knows what really happened so everyone gives their interpretation of a set of events....we get to see three versions of the same story and even more are supposed to exist.....the characters in this legend are also mentioned in the Junior novel Servants of the Empire- Secret Academy (thus a link to Brendol Hux)....I think Snoke is the guy being talked about in the story but I think the real story will only be told in a movie though clues regarding the events can be gleaned from the comic.....a couple of interesting points-

1. Some force worshipers think jedi are fixed in their views, evil and use red ligthsabers.
2. Giant Kyber crystals play an important role in the legend.
3. There was a faction of the jedi that broke away and committed what the jedi order considered a heresy......nobody knows the real story.
4. The leader of the breakaway faction (the character I feel might be Snoke) and the female jedi opposing him were friends at one time...she sports an interesting hairstyle which made me think of how DR hid her hair during the episode 8 shoot.
@panki

Hera lives up through Rogue One at least, so hopefully Kanan is alive then too.

Wow the Aphra comics sound really cool! I like when stories are retold with different interpretations. I liked her in the Vader comics, but I haven't been reading Star Wars comics for a while. I think I want to start reading her story now though.

@Mrs Ben Solo wow that is really interesting. I wish Satine could have lived and done more trying to get back Mandalore from Maul and Death Watch.
avatar
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 478
Likes : 2513
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by SanghaRen on Sat 7 Jan 2017 - 2:09

Aphra is an archeologist?? Sorry, level 0 SW fan here... Just went to Wookipedia. Did I mention I love Lara Croft. The old Digging-Up-Artefacts version, not the Survivor version they're trying to sell this past couple of years. Aphra might end up on my to-read list now.
avatar
SanghaRen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 968
Likes : 5149
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by panki on Sat 7 Jan 2017 - 2:58

@SanghaRen wrote:Aphra is an archeologist?? Sorry, level 0 SW fan here... Just went to Wookipedia. Did I mention I love Lara Croft. The old Digging-Up-Artefacts version, not the Survivor version they're trying to sell this past couple of years. Aphra might end up on my to-read list now.
@SanghaRen

She is described as a rogue archaeologist.....I guess something like Lara Croft meets Indiana Jones.....you might like this comic as she goes all over the galaxy uncovering weird and ancient stuff.....in the next issue, she is visiting the Massassi temple on Yavin IV, looking for clues about an ancient jedi breakaway group....the Han Solo comics were my old favourite series in canon....now Aphra is set to become my new favourite....I love these scoundrel types. Cool

_________________
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 2701
Likes : 9680
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum