ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12

Post by IoJovi on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 4:44 pm

@Sylvia Snow wrote:
@Xylo Ren

OMG!!! If some of those song's titles hinting toward Reylo or a Force Bond...
@Sylvia Snow

I don't suppose they'll release the song names prior to the release of the movie, will they...
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12

Post by Rogue Rey on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 4:48 pm

http://collider.com/star-wars-episode-8-john-williams/

A bit more info ref the above - John Williams going to work on VIII.

Stereo Stereo
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 4:54 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@Sylvia Snow wrote:
@Xylo Ren

OMG!!! If some of those song's titles hinting toward Reylo or a Force Bond...
@Sylvia Snow

I don't suppose they'll release the song names prior to the release of the movie, will they...
@IoJovi

With TFA, the track list was published on Amazon around the end of November... but they'll probably be more careful the next time around. I don't think anything has come out about the soundtrack for RO yet, has it?
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 4:56 pm

Imagine this: Ben and Rey's love theme...

What would you even do if that was one of the title tracks?
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 4:57 pm

@IoJovi wrote:Imagine this: Ben and Rey's love theme...

What would you even do if that was one of the title tracks?
@IoJovi

Lose my sith, probably.

Nah, it'll be something a lot more subtle. Across the Stars wasn't called Anakin and Padmé's love theme...

The stars wouldn't shine so bright without a little darkness.
GIF source: [X]

Bonjour ma cousine,
Bonjour mon cousin germain,
On m'a dit que vous m'aimiez,
Est-ce bien la vérité?
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Passez par ici et vous par là,
Bonjour ma cousine et puis voilà!

Irina de France

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 5:03 pm

Han and Leia's in V was called "Han Solo and the Princess".

It's going to be called "Kylo Ren and the Scavenger", "The Dark and the Light" or "The Knight and the Scavenger". Calling it now.
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 5:03 pm

Yeah I'm not expecting a 'Qui-Gon's noble end' situation here, but it's so exciting to hear he's working on the score! Maybe the first thing will be him creating a piece for a teaser? *prays to the disney gods*
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 5:05 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:Han and Leia's in V was called "Han Solo and the Princess".

It's going to be called "Kylo Ren and the Scavenger", "The Dark and the Light" or "The Knight and the Scavenger". Calling it now.
@Xylo Ren

I fully support this...
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 5:12 pm

You know what else I'm looking forward to? FinnTran theme. bounce

Finn never even properly got his own theme in TFA. I hope he and KMT get some gorgeous music.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 5:23 pm

@Darth Dingbat YES. I love the TFA soundtrack but Finn's Confession...not so much. It's a lovely moment in the film but the music by itself is a bit of a snore-fest. He deserves some epic music of his own!
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 5:31 pm

It'll be something like the Darkside and the Light. For Finn's LI theme, I'd almost imagine something along the lines of the theme Doctor Who had for Donna Noble. Very much meant to convey both the adventure and humor she represented:

snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Scavengerscum on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 5:49 pm

I love John Williams music. Every time I listen to 'Immolation Scene' my heart breaks. So excited to hear what he is going to do with both Ren and Reys theme!
Pure conjecture, but I actually think KMT will be a badie - as in "surprise! I invited Darth Vader to dinner!" Sort of thing? Haha Razz

Scavengerscum
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 6:03 pm

I agree the title will probably be something very subtle and mysterious yet with a romantic tinge to it, similar to "Across the stars", which is one of the most gorgeous JW pieces. I also imagine something like ''Light & Dark'' (maybe even more poetic/tragic). It has to be something REALLY special and memorable, Rey and Kylo deserve it!

Btw, guys, you have to watch this, you will p*ss your pants, believe me! It basically summarizes the last 11 months perfectly. Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB_k-DyiVyI
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 6:09 pm

Queen of the Knights wrote:I agree the title will probably be something very subtle and mysterious yet with a romantic tinge to it, similar to "Across the stars", which is one of the most gorgeous JW pieces. I also imagine something like ''Light & Dark'' (maybe even more poetic/tragic). It has to be something REALLY special and memorable, Rey and Kylo deserve it!

Btw, guys, you have to watch this, you will p*ss your pants, believe me! It basically summarizes the last 11 months perfectly. Laughing

@Queen of the Knights

My stomach hurts from laughing holy crap! I completely forgot about that meme and now it's back in the best way.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 6:13 pm

@Queen of the Knights

That's hilarious, especially about the age gap thingy and the clip, when ironically Hitler was 23 years older than his lover Evan Braun, and they first meet when she was only 17 years old so the age gap argument is pretty much down the drain.
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 6:20 pm

I just watched that video. My stomach is in stitches and my cheeks are sore...

lol! lol! lol!

I seriously needed the funny after the rough day I had at work...
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 6:24 pm

Queen of the Knights wrote:I agree the title will probably be something very subtle and mysterious yet with a romantic tinge to it, similar to "Across the stars", which is one of the most gorgeous JW pieces. I also imagine something like ''Light & Dark'' (maybe even more poetic/tragic). It has to be something REALLY special and memorable, Rey and Kylo deserve it!

@Queen of the Knights

Haha that is awesome - how have I not seen it before. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 7:12 pm

"If they kiss I will throw my popcorn at the screen!"

B*tch, the f*ck, me too

Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 7:16 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:"If they kiss I will throw my popcorn at the screen!"

B*tch, the f*ck, me too

@Xylo Ren

You and me both... *faints at the thought of a hint of what that luscious on-screen kiss would look like*
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Scavengerscum on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 7:22 pm

@Xylo Ren

I've observed that you understand music very well. Question: John Williams music often sounds similar - like I'll be listening to Indiana Jones music and there will be a peice of music that sounds very Star Warsy. In regards to Across the Stars being related to Rey and Rens motifs, does it really mean anything? Or could it just be a happy coincidence?

Scavengerscum
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 8:23 pm

Hello guys/girls!Smile

I warn you: it's going to be a verryyy long post this time so I apologize in advance. I would like to come back to my very first post, the one that I wrote about the deleted scene "Finn will be fine":

So let's resume my interpretation of the scene by that time. For more detail, here's the original post: http://reylo.skyforum.net/t320p475-archive-rey-and-kylo-beauty-and-the-beast-scavenger-and-the-monstah-their-bond-his-love-her-confused-feelings-9#68931
1. The scene is composed of two shots, the transition between being voluntarily misleading for the viewer. At a first sight, we may assume that Rey is staring at the medical bay where Finn is treated for his injuries.
2. It's obvious that Rey's mind isn't where she's physically. She's stangely looking into space as if her mind is somewhere else far far away. She suddently gasps and widdens her eyes as if she is feeling that something is going terribly wrong
3. After Dr. Kalonia interupts Rey in  her thouhts to bring her the good news about Finn, one can hear soft heartbeats becoming louder and louder while Rey show sign of relief

From these observations, I came to the conclusion that Rey might be actually connected with Kylo Ren during this scene and feeling his fight foor survival while being treated for his injuries the same way Finn. So my assumption was that the idea behind this scene was to give Rey the possibility about the fate of these two injured people by two different means: an explicit mean with the doctor telling her that Finn will be fine and an implicit one with the heartbeat as the symbolism of Rey and Kylo's conection through the Force:

I also interpreted it as part of the Reylo love story as reversed Anidala through a parallel with Padme's death:

So my main asumption was that Kylo Ren probaby came very close to death during that scene and that Rey felt it through their Force Bond. Now I have new clues  that makes me think itwas definitely the case so I'll try to make my demonstration as clear as possible even if it's going to be very long.

As we all know, TFA parallels Beauty & the Beast in many ways (visual, lines, music, etc...), one of the strongest example being the parallel between Kylo's blood and the petals of the rose, both of them falling on the ground.

The rose in Beauty & the Beast not only symbolizes the Beast's curse but also his "death" by the end of the movie. There is a film I hadn't watched since I was a kid and there was one particular scene of this film that reminded on Beast's death and more importantly on the "Finn will be fine" scene because:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUWYfNNEbyk
In this scene, Elliott is watching doctors trying to keep E.T. alive in vain because his heart has stopped beating. There are several similarities to note between the two scenes:
1. Rey seems definitely very worried about something. She blinks, widdens her eyes, gasps and is so focused staring into space that the doesn't hear the doctor coming
2. Dr. Kalonia is coming from behind Rey to bring her a good news about Finn. Does it make sense that she comes from behind if Rey is supposed to watch what's happening in the medical bay in front of her? Does it make sense that Rey's face becomes sudently so anxious while the doctor seems so relaxed? Would anyway the doctor come to Rey if something was really wrong with Finn at that precise moment? I think not!
3. The scene might have been deleted i.e. because the way it was shot with the doctor coming from behind wasn't satisfying but I definitely think that the way it was shot was actually intentional because this...

...looks strangely similar to this...

...and let's not speak of this!

Then, there's the scene with Elliott speaking to a supposedly "dead" E.T:

It begins like that:

..and it ends like that:

Like Beauty & the Beast, E.T. is sort of reborn after a love pledge.  As for TFA,Rey showing concern for Kylo is already kind of love pledge at least of compassion. Note the strange similarity between  these two shots:

1. Flowerpot put on a table on the left side of the shot
2. Three "flowers" in both scenes (originaly three flowers in TFA obviously but only one left)
3. Characters stand in the background on the right side

One could say: it's nice but it was deleted anyway so not so important. That's why, I asked myself if such parallels were only meant for that scene or were part of something bigger.I hope anyway that the scene will be reinserted in the movie later when Kylo ,and Rey's Force connection becomes definitely canon,

Here's some parallels that I found by watching some scenes again in a Reylo perspective:

Scene 1:

1. E.T. is copying and mirroring everything Elliot does. Well, Kylo and Rey also copy and mirror each other during the whole movie and are also presented visually that way,i.e:

2. E.T. purrs in Elliot's presence. Well, Kylo also purrs in Rey's presence when he meets her in the forest of Takodana
3. E.T. uses his powers to make Elliot fall asleep. Well, no need to explain further when it comes to Reylo Wink

Scene 2:
Do E.T. and Elliot seem to share some mental connection?

Obviously they do!

Scene 3:
Do E.T. and Elliot share a specific moment where they use their connection, even working together through their connection?

Yes they do! Yes they do! Yes they do!
The funny thing is that I used to think when I was a kid that Elliot closed his eyes because he was afraid and that E.T. alone made the bike ride in the sky. And in my forst viewing I used to think that Rey connected with the Force alone,which was obviously not the case since Dasy Ridley confirmed they found the Force together. Really interesting to see how strikingly similar Elliot and Rey's expressions are as the camera zooms slowly on their faces before cutting to E.T. and Kylo in very big shot.

Scene 4:
What is the main point of both films?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xZif3WmG7I
I might be wrong but I have noticed a similarity between this E.T.'s shot and theTFA's  opening shot with the shadow of Kylo's ship on Rey's planet :

But the most important in that scene is that E.T. tries to phone home, reach out to his family. Let's keep in mind for TFA that:
1. Leia wishes her son to come home
2. Maz says"That lightsaber [...] it calls to you!" after Rey was drawn to it
3. Kylo Ren claims the lightsaber to be his property so I believe him to be the last owner

And this happens with the lightsaber, which is shown to all Skywalkers with all three of them obviously reacting emotionally to that:

Maz  tries to bring back the Skywalkers together with the lightsaber as a sort of a phone with Kylo. And  Rey as Elliot is the one who will help Kylo to coming home, back to his family! What does Elliot do? He fixes things to send message to E.T. home. Rey as a scavenger fixes things so she's meant to fix things right in the Skywalker family. It is written in the novelization that she's holding the lightsaber like a plea in front of Luke, her face expression indicating obviously that she's pleading him to accept the lightsaber.

Such parallels strongly imply that there were definitely abandonment issues from Kylo's side since E.T. was sort of left behind by his family (name of the soundtrack: abandoned and pursued). Looking forward to discover how exactly and in which circonstances. Was he trying to reach out to his family and finally reached out to Rey (It's Ben!'s line) because she's the only one in Maz's castle who wanted to continue the fight (we're not done yet) and could relate to his own sense of abandonment
This also strongly implies that Kylo will eventually come home by the end of the trilogy because I believe one can hardly make so many parallels with E.T. and having him go darker and darker until the last moment.

And the best for the end: who made her debut as a producer for E.T. the Extraterrestrial?
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 9:29 pm

@reylo1992

Oh, this is very interesting. It had been a long time since I watched ET but I can see that there're indeed some parallel here Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 10:44 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:"If they kiss I will throw my popcorn at the screen!"

B*tch, the f*ck, me too

@Xylo Ren

ROFL Same!

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 11:08 pm

@reylo1992

And Harrison Ford's second wife, Melissa Matheson, wrote E.T.! It's already public knowledge that JJ is a Spielberg acolyte (8 MM is his homage to E.T.), so you're not off in seeing some potentially references/parallels.

Last edited by snufkin on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by WalkingCarpet on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 11:39 pm

^^ Love this E.T. connection. I hadn't thought of that one! Great info.  

I'm sure this has been covered before, but the connection between Beauty And The Beast and Rey/Kylo is interesting especially when you see that the flower in her AT-AT has a little bell sitting next to it. I was hoping that was a nod to them being like Belle and the Beast.

WalkingCarpet
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum