ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12

Post by Helix on Fri 2 Dec - 7:56

I hope we get amazing themes for Rey/Kylo in general. For fights and drama, too. Imagine the kind of theme we could get for Kylo's potential background/ Jedi school explanation if it's not just all flashback/vision.
avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2499
Likes : 10469
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12

Post by reylo1992 on Fri 2 Dec - 8:59

@snufkin wrote:@reylo1992

And Harrison Ford's second wife, Melissa Matheson, wrote E.T.! It's already public knowledge that JJ is a Spielberg acolyte (8 MM is his homage to E.T.), so you're not off in seeing some potentially references/parallels.
@snufkin

Wow! I didn't know that. I only knew that J.J. Abrams confirmed Spielberg made a contribution to the snow fight. According to him, the ttrees falling around were his ideas
avatar
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1337
Likes : 5476
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12

Post by Rogue Rey on Fri 2 Dec - 9:35

Morning all.

I want to get this off my chest because it's been bothering me for a while now.

It's regarding how people describe the reasons why Rey 'won't' forgive Kylo and they say that he killed her mentor/Father figure.

The reasons that bothers me is:

1) its like they're lessening the relationship between Han and his son - they're not saying he killed his Father in front of her.  To me it's almost like they're increasing the importance of the relationship between Rey and Han and lessening the vital one between Han and Ben/Kylo.  Of course she grows attached to Han - we see that, but lets not imply Rey's more important to Han than his son by lessening Kylo/Ben in Han's life.  It's clear his son is more important to Han than 'some girl' he'd just met (see Takodana and his reaction to Kylo carrying Rey onto his ship - it's not Rey he's bothered about).

2) Rey and Han only knew each other for a very brief time (what about a day???) - so for that relationship to be that important/significant so quickly despite her clear weariness of trusting others seems odd.  In fact all of Rey's relationships with other characters seem to be very quick despite her isolated and lonely background - you'd think she'd be more cautious but no, she's best friends with Finn (despite attacking him), Han's her mentor/Father figure (after a day), Chewie likes her (and Chewie is picky) and Leia wants to hug her (having only just met her). Don't get me wrong it may just be that they're drawn to her (the Force!!) but I don't know it just bugs me every time I see someone say it.

Oh and sorry for the blabbering early morning ramble that probably makes little sense (sleep deprived!!)

Neutral Neutral
avatar
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 794
Likes : 3686
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Localisation : England

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12

Post by Helix on Fri 2 Dec - 10:16

@Rogue Rey

I agree with all this. That and the whole 'Rey will kill Kylo and be Leia's 'new kid' bother me the most. People completely shove him out of the story and replace him with Rey because they assume he's hopeless and Rey is 100% pure and the child Han/Leia 'deserved'.
avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2499
Likes : 10469
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12

Post by snufkin on Fri 2 Dec - 10:41

@reylo1992 wrote:
@snufkin wrote:@reylo1992

And Harrison Ford's second wife, Melissa Matheson, wrote E.T.! It's already public knowledge that JJ is a Spielberg acolyte (8 MM is his homage to E.T.), so you're not off in seeing some potentially references/parallels.
@snufkin

Wow! I didn't know that. I only knew that J.J. Abrams confirmed Spielberg made a contribution to the snow fight. According to him, the ttrees falling around were his ideas
@reylo1992

If you want to run with more ET parallels, it's mainly about how Elliot feels lonely and isolated because his father has left (to be with another woman), so the family has been torn apart by the divorce.

The Screenwriter of “E.T.” and “The BFG” Says Goodbye

Yeah Mathison was married to Ford for a long time, besides working closely with Spielberg and Kennedy, especially on E.T.

“I think there is a conversation that we’re having, and I think it’s a conversation that we had, ever since I met her in the deserts of Tunisia, in 1980,” Spielberg says. He first talked with Mathison while he was shooting “Raiders of the Lost Ark,” in Nafta, Tunisia, in 1980. She was dating the film’s star, Harrison Ford, who later became her husband. It was a hundred and twenty degrees. Amid a couple of hundred Arab extras dressed in German uniforms, Spielberg saw a figure who “looked like an egret” bent over, looking at fossils and seashells embedded in the desert floor. When he found out that she had written the screenplay for “The Black Stallion,” Carroll Ballard’s 1979 film about the friendship between a boy and a horse, which he had loved, Spielberg peppered her with questions about it and pitched her his idea about a young boy, a child of divorce, who befriends an alien creature who has been left behind on Earth. The story of “E.T” was pretty complete even at that point—the government abducts the alien, who is then rescued and released by the boy—but, while Spielberg was editing “Raiders” with Michael Kahn, he invited Mathison into their editing suite, and, when his attention was free, the two of them hashed out the rest of the film on small cards, scattered about, while sitting on the floor.

If Spielberg knew his child of divorce inside out, E.T.’s special powers were Mathison’s, his empathy a version of her own. “Melissa said, ‘I think E.T. should be able to feel Elliott’s feelings,’ ” Spielberg says. “I never thought that up. She said, ‘He should be so sensitive that he absolutely can feel Elliott’s feelings. . . . He can also use that tremendous gift to be able to levitate things in his space.’ Melissa made up the part where Elliott cuts his finger. I made up the part where E.T. has a glowing finger light, but Melissa said, ‘Then he takes that glowing finger light and he touches Elliott’s finger and he repeats the word that he heard Elliott just speak, which was “ouch.” ’ Melissa said, ‘Why don’t we save it also and use it again at the very end of the story, when he’s saying goodbye to Elliott? Why don’t they say goodbye through the word “ouch”?’ It was Melissa’s invention.” Her contribution to “E.T.” was such that, after an arbitration by the Writers Guild, in 1989, she received four to five per cent of the proceeds from merchandise bearing E.T.’s likeness.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6925
Likes : 31282
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12

Post by Guest on Fri 2 Dec - 16:56

@Rogue Rey wrote:Morning all.

I want to get this off my chest because it's been bothering me for a while now.

It's regarding how people describe the reasons why Rey 'won't' forgive Kylo and they say that he killed her mentor/Father figure.

The reasons that bothers me is:

1) its like they're lessening the relationship between Han and his son - they're not saying he killed his Father in front of her.  To me it's almost like they're increasing the importance of the relationship between Rey and Han and lessening the vital one between Han and Ben/Kylo.  Of course she grows attached to Han - we see that, but lets not imply Rey's more important to Han than his son by lessening Kylo/Ben in Han's life.  It's clear his son is more important to Han than 'some girl' he'd just met (see Takodana and his reaction to Kylo carrying Rey onto his ship - it's not Rey he's bothered about).

2) Rey and Han only knew each other for a very brief time (what about a day???) - so for that relationship to be that important/significant so quickly despite her clear weariness of trusting others seems odd.  In fact all of Rey's relationships with other characters seem to be very quick despite her isolated and lonely background - you'd think she'd be more cautious but no, she's best friends with Finn (despite attacking him), Han's her mentor/Father figure (after a day), Chewie likes her (and Chewie is picky) and Leia wants to hug her (having only just met her). Don't get me wrong it may just be that they're drawn to her (the Force!!) but I don't know it just bugs me every time I see someone say it.

Oh and sorry for the blabbering early morning ramble that probably makes little sense (sleep deprived!!)

Neutral Neutral
@Rogue Rey

This is one of the reasons I hope very much that Kylo gets a good redemption arc, and that Rey isn't related.

I get a bit flustered whenever I see someone, who is against it, make arguments about how Kylo killed Rey's father figure/mentor as though that relationship somehow has more weight than Ben and Han's as father and son. And they want Rey to simply replace him despite all of the signs in TFA that he wants to go home, he wants to walk away from everything, but feels that it's too late.

Leia wants her son back. She's not seeking a replacement child - she wants Ben, with the full knowledge that he is both light and dark, and has done terrible things. Leia and Ben have a bond, and giving her a perfect, light side adoptive daughter to try to make her forget about her son isn't the answer.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12

Post by Darth Dingbat on Fri 2 Dec - 17:35

WhatGirl wrote:
@Rogue Rey wrote:Morning all.

I want to get this off my chest because it's been bothering me for a while now.

It's regarding how people describe the reasons why Rey 'won't' forgive Kylo and they say that he killed her mentor/Father figure.

The reasons that bothers me is:

1) its like they're lessening the relationship between Han and his son - they're not saying he killed his Father in front of her.  To me it's almost like they're increasing the importance of the relationship between Rey and Han and lessening the vital one between Han and Ben/Kylo.  Of course she grows attached to Han - we see that, but lets not imply Rey's more important to Han than his son by lessening Kylo/Ben in Han's life.  It's clear his son is more important to Han than 'some girl' he'd just met (see Takodana and his reaction to Kylo carrying Rey onto his ship - it's not Rey he's bothered about).

2) Rey and Han only knew each other for a very brief time (what about a day???) - so for that relationship to be that important/significant so quickly despite her clear weariness of trusting others seems odd.  In fact all of Rey's relationships with other characters seem to be very quick despite her isolated and lonely background - you'd think she'd be more cautious but no, she's best friends with Finn (despite attacking him), Han's her mentor/Father figure (after a day), Chewie likes her (and Chewie is picky) and Leia wants to hug her (having only just met her). Don't get me wrong it may just be that they're drawn to her (the Force!!) but I don't know it just bugs me every time I see someone say it.

Oh and sorry for the blabbering early morning ramble that probably makes little sense (sleep deprived!!)

Neutral Neutral
@Rogue Rey

This is one of the reasons I hope very much that Kylo gets a good redemption arc, and that Rey isn't related.

I get a bit flustered whenever I see someone, who is against it, make arguments about how Kylo killed Rey's father figure/mentor as though that relationship somehow has more weight than Ben and Han's as father and son. And they want Rey to simply replace him despite all of the signs in TFA that he wants to go home, he wants to walk away from everything, but feels that it's too late.

Leia wants her son back. She's not seeking a replacement child - she wants Ben, with the full knowledge that he is both light and dark, and has done terrible things. Leia and Ben have a bond, and giving her a perfect, light side adoptive daughter to try to make her forget about her son isn't the answer.
@WhatGirl

What disturbs me is that some people are adamant redemption through romantic love is a terrible message to send in a space fairytale, but think "parent abandons messed-up child who is too far gone, and gets a perfect replacement child as a consolation prize" is a fine, upstanding moral.
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4458
Likes : 29660
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12

Post by Birdwoman on Fri 2 Dec - 18:01

I admit, I don't think they are related. My kids love TFA and I have seen it numerous times. I feel like the foreshadowing is very clear, Kylo will get redeemed and Rey is not his cousin or sister or best's friends cousin, aunt's best friend's friend....
For me what is up in the air is: Will Kylo continue to fall for Rey? Will Rey ever return his feelings? Will kylo live after being redeemed or will he die after being redeemed? I do believe that their relationship (whatever it will ultimately be)is the central story for this trilogy.

Birdwoman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 967
Likes : 4278
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12

Post by Sylvia Snow on Fri 2 Dec - 18:37

I wonder if the one who put Rey on Jakku is her evil sibling(s) who maybe jealous of her maybe because Rey is the heir to a royal family or because she's Force Sensitive while the evil sibling(s) don't. Cinderella and Belle both have mean, bad sisters and brothers and in Cinderella's case, neglected father and an evil stepmother. Rey have been compared to both princesses so what if Rey's personal antagonist will be a character that represents this jealousy related

avatar
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1384
Likes : 5691
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12

Post by Maria Antonietta on Fri 2 Dec - 18:39

@Sylvia Snow wrote:I wonder if the one who put Rey on Jakku is her evil sibling(s) who maybe jealous of her maybe because Rey is the heir to a royal family or because she's Force Sensitive while the evil sibling(s) don't. Cinderella and Belle both have mean, bad sisters and brothers and in Cinderella's case, neglected father and an evil stepmother. Rey have been compared to both princesses so what if Rey's personal antagonist will be a character that represents this jealousy related

@Sylvia Snow

Everything is possible Smile
avatar
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2724
Likes : 12087
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31
Localisation : Italia

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12

Post by snufkin on Fri 2 Dec - 21:28

@Rogue Rey

Those are the people where I read their comments and shudder at the thought of being on jury duty with them. Either they're not very open minded or they're so hung up on a certain point of view that they'll go to ridiculous lengths to defend/support it. Even still, Star Wars is meant to be an optimistic fairy tale. Who wants to go to movies with their family after Christmas Dinner and be reminded of the destructive relatives you've actually had to cut out of your life? How is that uplifting?


avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6925
Likes : 31282
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum