ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 1 May - 18:42

@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I just listened to the latest NTIP which wasn't easy because those guys really grate on my nerves. Anyway, this is what I got from it...

* Luke has a fancy costume with a cape, this seems to be what they can't talk more about yet. Also, the thing that's puzzling them right now is how Luke goes from the way we see him at the end of TFA (start of TLJ) where he's quite put together despite having been in exile (with his layered white-ish Jedi robes) to wearing what Jason refers to as the "trash bag". This trash bag look presumably makes him look like a crazy old hobo! Jason speculates that when Rey arrives, Luke initially sees her as a new hope for the Jedi and is up for training her. But then, Luke maybe has some vision or realisation which reveals to him Rey's actual place in the force (as Jason repeats the spoiler about Luke telling Rey about her connection to the force). Jason wonders if what he sees about Rey isn't good, at least in terms of the continuation of the Jedi. There is also speculation about JJ Abrams saying in his TFA commentary that Kylo immediately regretted killing his father, and Jason wonders if this means Ben Solo isn't dead. One last interesting snippet from this segment is that Luke's robot hand isn't seen again after his initial meeting with Rey.

A few more things...

* There was some chat about Admiral Holdo, but I don't think it was anything that hasn't been said before. She has elegant purple hair and looks like a senator from the prequels era.

* There are 3 distinct types of BB units in TLJ. The original (one of a kind) BB8. A metallic brass looking BB unit used by the resistance which are steam punk looking. Jason says you can see the top of one of these units on one of the X Wing photos that have been released. The First Order BB units which have red light/fire inside them.

* Much talk about Canto Bight and the design/costumes which Jason really loves. His favourite costume is worn by Justin Theroux's "The Hacker". Jason says this costume might prove to be controversial because it's a Star Wars spin on a real world thing. He's not sure how the audience will take to the Canto Bight stuff because it's so different to the rest of TLJ but Jason is a fan.

* Lots of porg talk but nothing that's not already in the spoilers they've already released. There's much hilarity over Luke's "cattle prod" stick and whether he'll use it on the porgs.

*Jason has some upcoming spoilers (this week) about "Space Horse" Finn, Rose, and BB8 in Canto Bight. He also talks about Fake spoilers and Reddit, so I'm not sure if he's doing something about that too.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Thank you very much for this. I gave my best to listen to them - as not being a native speaker- it's definitely much more difficult for me especially when they all start to talk at the same time and howl.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Mon 1 May - 18:43

YISSSS GIVE ME SOME FINN AND ROSE ALREADY
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Mon 1 May - 19:06

....What if Luke has a vision that she gets WAY too involved with his naughty, dangerous dreamboat nephew and is concerned? Very Happy
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak on Mon 1 May - 19:06

@Helix wrote:Well Kylo already took Vader's helmet and seems to have had Anakin's saber at some point, not sure why it's a stretch for him to have taken Luke's...
@Helix

Well, I can't begin to imagine how young Kylo could take the green lightsaber from the legendary Luke Skywalker. Stealing Vader relics seems plausible, but besting Luke and stealing his saber seems too much. Luke is still Luke, the hero who saved the galaxy. Too much for Kylo at 23. Perhaps now that he is 30 he might be a serious opponent for Luke but not back then.
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 1 May - 19:12

Jason also said that the material of Kylo's cape reminds him of Luke's "trash bag" costume, and I got the impression (though it's hard to say because those guys seem to go off on tangents all the time) that Rey's poncho is also of the "trash bag" material.

And they speculated they might be rain clothes.

Interesting idea, isn't it - Rey, Kylo and Luke all wearing similar water-resistant cloaks. Hmmm.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 1 May - 19:13

@Mrs Ben Solo, would you happen to have the time stamp for the Canto Bight stuff? I'd love to listen to that, but I'm reluctant to listen to the podcast all the way through...
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Mon 1 May - 19:15

@Darth Dingbat wrote:@Mrs Ben Solo, would you happen to have the time stamp for the Canto Bight stuff? I'd love to listen to that, but I'm reluctant to listen to the podcast all the way through...
@Darth Dingbat

I'm sorry I didn't make a note of the time. It was near to the end maybe 1:20 ish or so.
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Mon 1 May - 19:15

@Reynak wrote:
@Helix wrote:Well Kylo already took Vader's helmet and seems to have had Anakin's saber at some point, not sure why it's a stretch for him to have taken Luke's...
@Helix

Well, I can't begin to imagine how young Kylo could take the green lightsaber from the legendary Luke Skywalker. Stealing Vader relics seems plausible, but besting Luke and stealing his saber seems too much. Luke is still Luke, the hero who saved the galaxy. Too much for Kylo at 23. Perhaps now that he is 30 he might be a serious opponent for Luke but not back then.
@Reynak

Great, now I'm stuck imagining Kylo arriving on Ahch-To, and Luke shaking his fist while yelling: "BEN CHEWBACCA ORGANA SOLO! YOU LITTLE SH*T! GIVE ME MY LIGHTSABER BACK!" while Kylo just runs away after sticking his tongue at Luke.

Usual Skywalker business.
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Mon 1 May - 19:15

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Jason also said that the material of Kylo's cape reminds him of Luke's "trash bag" costume, and I got the impression (though it's hard to say because those guys seem to go off on tangents all the time) that Rey's poncho is also of the "trash bag" material.

Interesting idea, isn't it - Rey, Kylo and Luke all wearing similar water-resistant cloaks. Hmmm.
@Darth Dingbat

Luke breaks out the rain ponchos for everyone. Kylo makes a cape out of it because cool guys don't wear ponchos. Everyone knows that.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 1 May - 19:16

@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:@Mrs Ben Solo, would you happen to have the time stamp for the Canto Bight stuff? I'd love to listen to that, but I'm reluctant to listen to the podcast all the way through...
@Darth Dingbat

I'm sorry I didn't make a note of the time. It was near to the end maybe 1:20 ish or so.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Thank you! That helps a lot Smile
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Mon 1 May - 19:17

@ZioRen wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:Jason also said that the material of Kylo's cape reminds him of Luke's "trash bag" costume, and I got the impression (though it's hard to say because those guys seem to go off on tangents all the time) that Rey's poncho is also of the "trash bag" material.

@Darth Dingbat

Luke breaks out the rain ponchos for everyone. Kylo makes a cape out of it because cool guys don't wear ponchos. Everyone knows that.

@ZioRen

Also, chicks dig capes. Especially in period dramas. That's gonna impress Rey FOR SURE.
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 1 May - 19:21

@Darth Dingbat

I think obviously same sort of "trash material" came from same source, probably Jedi temple. Kylo could make his cape from his old Jedi robe he was wearing in TFA. And Rey could borrowed some form Luke.
I'am still confused why would simple costume change figure as something Jason can't talk about yet - only if the costume change is provoked some kind of important and surprising twist. (Not suggesting a Ruke direction of things LOL)
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 1 May - 19:28

If Luke doesn't want to train Rey, I wonder how she could possibly trained in the ways of the Force. Hmmmm.... Confus

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Mon 1 May - 19:36

I am wondering if that costume change might imply that Luke leaves the Island at some point.  Maybe without Rey and Kylo??!!

Birdwoman
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 1 May - 19:42

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:If Luke doesn't want to train Rey, I wonder how she could possibly trained in the ways of the Force. Hmmmm.... Confus
@ISeeAnIsland

With ominous words: It's time for Jedi to end it's clear to me that Luke is not willing to train her to become a Jedi. But, it doesn't rule out the possibility he's would accept to train her in the way of Force: the words from the trailer: "Breath, just breath, what do you see ?" points to me at least that Luke is still willing to be a kind of guide to her, but not necessary a mentor as the Jedi Master to his padawan. Which everybody and their mother has expected.
I think it all depends on what's Rey's connection to the Force - and how the new founded relation between Luke and Rey (which I definitely don't expect to be nice one - at least at the beginning) effects the arrival and the role of Kylo/Ben in all of it. I'am pretty sure that Kylo is somehow an important piece of the puzzle.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 1 May - 19:45

Yeah, the chronology was a bit unclear to me. So Luke has a new "fancy" costume, like something from Game of Thrones, apparently in a "patchwork" style (whatever they mean by that? like... quilted?). But it's not the tattered one from the end of TFA. Put then he puts on this "trash bag" over his fancy costume...

Did I get that right? Because it doesn't really make sense to me that Luke would have a fancy costume between the tattered TFA robe and the "trash bag".

Unless there's a flashback in between, or something?
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 1 May - 19:50

I wonder if this costume that looked like leather is Luke's "trash bag"?

And Kylo's cape in comparison:

Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 1 May - 19:53

As far as costume changes, IF Rey and Luke do indeed leave Ach-To, I'm wondering if we'll get a much more clean cut Luke (ala an older version of how he looked in RoTJ?) I can see why they'd want to keep something like that under wraps.

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 1 May - 19:55

@IoJovi wrote:As far as costume changes, IF Rey and Luke do indeed leave Ach-To, I'm wondering if we'll get a much more clean cut Luke (ala an older version of how he looked in RoTJ?) I can see why they'd want to keep something like that under wraps.
@IoJovi

If you'll recall from Mark's (or was it someone else's) Instagram account, Mark did appear to get a haircut and significant beard trim towards the end of shooting...but before Mark had wrapped. I've always thought that meant that Luke leaves Ahch-To at some point. (If it's towards the end of the movie, I think it's very plausible that Jason & co. haven't seen any evidence of Luke leaving yet.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 1 May - 20:02

And what about the "Dooku-like" costume Luke was supposed to wear at some point, per MSW? scratch
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 1 May - 20:06

@Darth Dingbat wrote:I wonder if this costume that looked like leather is Luke's "trash bag"?

@Darth Dingbat

I bet that's exactly what they're referring to.  Both outfits are black leather, and the top of Kylo's looks a lot like what we can see on Luke.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Mon 1 May - 20:08

@Darth Dingbat wrote:And what about the "Dooku-like" costume Luke was supposed to wear at some point, per MSW? scratch
@Darth Dingbat

Perhaps the Dooku-like costume is the fancy one. Didn't Jason say something about it having a cape with a chain fastening? This sounds sort of Game of Thrones/Dooku-ish as he was old fashioned nobility. Hopefully MSW will go into more detail about it in the future.
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 1 May - 20:10

@Darth Dingbat wrote:I wonder if this costume that looked like leather is Luke's "trash bag"?

@Darth Dingbat

The shoulders of both capes/cloaks certainly look like they could be made from the same thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Mon 1 May - 20:14

@Reynak wrote:
@Helix

@Reynak

I never said he took it from him in a fight. He may not have had it on him at all times, it's not a stretch to think he left it behind at whereever he was staying from time to time. I doubt he sleeps with it on. Wink
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 1 May - 20:15

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:If Luke doesn't want to train Rey, I wonder how she could possibly trained in the ways of the Force. Hmmmm.... Confus
@ISeeAnIsland

With ominous words: It's time for Jedi to end it's clear to me that Luke is not willing to train her to become a Jedi. But, it doesn't rule out the possibility he's would accept to train her in the way of Force: the words from the trailer: "Breath, just breath, what do you see ?" points to me at least that Luke is still willing to be a kind of guide to her, but not necessary a mentor as the Jedi Master to his padawan. Which everybody and their mother has expected.
I think it all depends on what's Rey's connection to the Force - and how the new founded relation between Luke and Rey (which I definitely don't expect to be nice one - at least at the beginning) effects the arrival and the role of Kylo/Ben in all of it. I'am pretty sure that Kylo is somehow an important piece of the puzzle.
@Darth_Awakened

I was thinking more along the lines of if Luke doesn't want to train Rey, or doesn't want to train her beyond the basics, that would certainly make Kylo's offer a lot more attractive to Rey, assuming that his offer still stands and that things have evolved enough between them that Rey no longer sees Kylo as "the bad guy".

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum