Star Wars Connection Podcasts

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Star Wars Connection Podcasts

Post by Darth Rowan on Wed 25 May - 0:09

Welcome to Star Wars Connection!



This podcast series is produced here at Reylo Skyforum.
Our episodes center around spoilers and Star Wars news, as well as discussions of character arcs and dynamics, themes, symbolism and cinematographic techniques found in Star Wars, with special emphasis on the Sequel Trilogy.

You can learn more about this project by visiting us at: YouTube | Mixcloud | Tumblr | Twitter

This thread is the place to hear about our latest releases, which happen approximately every 2 weeks.
This is also the place to discuss our episodes, suggest new topics and connect with other viewers and listeners.
We hope you enjoy our episodes!

List of episodes:

#1 Star Wars Episode VIII News: Kylo Ren is coming (spoilers)

#2 Star Wars Episode VIII News: Kelly Marie Tran, King Prana, Dubrovnik, Benicio del Toro (spoilers)

#3 Secret Filming Locations for Episode VIII + Spoilers from Dubrovnik

#4 Confirmed: Rey is not a Skywalker - Who are Rey's Parents?

#5 Kylo Ren is Stranded

#6 Rey vs Kylo Ren: A Heroine's Journey

#7 Star Wars Celebration Art_1 | Star Wars Celebration Art_2 | Star Wars Celebration Art_3

#8 Evidence that Kylo Ren Will Embrace the Light

#9 Rey and Kylo Ren as Adam and Eve_1 | Rey and Kylo Ren as Adam and Eve_2

#10 Visual Storytelling in the Force Awakens_1 | Visual Storytelling in the Force Awakens_2

#11 Finn's Journey: From Stormtrooper to Big Deal


Last edited by Darth Rowan on Tue 15 Nov - 0:46; edited 5 times in total
avatar
Darth Rowan
Admin

Messages : 1959
Likes : 5333
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Star Wars Connection Podcasts

Post by BenRey on Mon 30 May - 12:37

I thought we were using this thread for podcast discussions:

http://reylo.skyforum.net/t218-discussion-podcasts
avatar
BenRey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 334
Likes : 1699
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-27
Localisation : Planet Earth- Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Connection Podcasts

Post by vaderito on Mon 30 May - 12:39

@BenRey wrote:I thought we were using this thread for podcast discussions:

http://reylo.skyforum.net/t218-discussion-podcasts
@BenRey

You can discuss them in spoilers too if they contain spoilers, which these podcasts do. Big time.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6663
Likes : 32330
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Connection Podcasts

Post by Darth Rowan on Mon 30 May - 16:00

@Force22

Thanks for posting this. The images of Liss Ard are just stunning. I looked up the estate on Google and had some thoughts in connection to the podcast:

I think they're onto something regarding Liss Ard being a secret shoot. The Liss Ard Estate Twitter page is following Daisy Ridley News, Star Wars and Mark Hamill on Twitter as of February 2015. Why would they go and do that? XD

https://twitter.com/LissArdEstate

It seems the pieces were put into place a while ago, which makes sense.

Besides that, check out this from the Liss Ard Resort site:

In addition to the main Lake Abisdealy, there are a number of ponds and a waterfall dotted around the estate, that create a feeling that can only be compared to that in the Garden of Eden.
http://www.lissardresort.com/sites/gardens.htm

We talked about angry!god Luke, and now we hear mention of a "garden of eden" in connection to a possible SW shooting location. Things that make you go hmmm.

On a personal note, I have always been set on eloping rather than having a traditional wedding ceremony, but this Liss Ard place is soooo beautiful and romantic that it did make me reconsider that stance if only for a second. XD

Apparently it's an actual wedding destination.


source:http://styleserendipity.com/2013/02/i-can-hear-the-sound-of-bluebells-spring-bridal-shoot-by-alice-halliday/


source: http://www.lissardresort.com

Just the though of our Kylo and Rey there... *swoon*

The question is, was Adam Driver there? Though it seems we only know that Daisy Ridley was there because of the Instagram pic she posted; we know AD doesn't do social media, so the fact that he's not mentioned doesn't mean that he was there. We shall have to wait and see.

_________________
"We'll see."
avatar
Darth Rowan
Admin

Messages : 1959
Likes : 5333
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Connection Podcasts

Post by Force Ghost on Mon 30 May - 18:18

@Darth Rowan Didn't Mark's son tweet something about Kylo Ren and beer? or maybe that was something else...
avatar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1140
Likes : 3997
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Connection Podcasts

Post by vaderito on Mon 30 May - 18:29

bela.mesecina wrote:@Darth Rowan Didn't Mark's son tweet something about Kylo Ren and beer? or maybe that was something else...
@bela.mesecina

yes he did. Not sure where they were.

Daisy's instagram does state that there were more people with her and her trainer.

Now, as for following Mark, Daisy and SW as of February 25. could mean something (that the cast and crew booked their stay or that they booked their stay AND would use the estate for shooting) or nothing (Rian started to follow Gina Rodriguez around the time when KMT was cast in the role that Gina auditioned for). But I think that booking took place. Question is for what? Just hotel accommodation or filming too?
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6663
Likes : 32330
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Connection Podcasts

Post by EchoBase on Mon 30 May - 18:46

@vaderito wrote:
bela.mesecina wrote:@Darth Rowan Didn't Mark's son tweet something about Kylo Ren and beer? or maybe that was something else...
@bela.mesecina

yes he did. Not sure where they were.

Daisy's instagram does state that there were more people with her and her trainer.

Now, as for following Mark, Daisy and SW as of February 25. could mean something (that the cast and crew booked their stay or that they booked their stay AND would use the estate for shooting) or nothing (Rian started to follow Gina Rodriguez around the time when KMT was cast in the role that Gina auditioned for). But I think that booking took place. Question is for what? Just hotel accommodation or filming too?
@vaderito

Yes, he did. In Ireland on May 15. Check here: https://twitter.com/nathanhamill/status/731619180701728768
avatar
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2223
Likes : 8313
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Connection Podcasts

Post by vaderito on Mon 30 May - 18:49

if Liss Ard Estate was indeed used as the secret location I couldn't imagine that AD wasn't there. The secrecy is mostly around Kylo cause people have some idea that Luke will train Rey. But parts with Kylo are a mystery.

Plus, they arrived together so they likely stayed at the same place/hotel.

When was Daisy's instagram compared to Nathan Hamill's tweet?
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6663
Likes : 32330
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Connection Podcasts

Post by EchoBase on Mon 30 May - 18:58

@vaderito wrote:if Liss Ard Estate was indeed used as the secret location I couldn't imagine that AD wasn't there. The secrecy is mostly around Kylo cause people have some idea that Luke will train Rey. But parts with Kylo are a mystery.

Plus, they arrived together so they likely stayed at the same place/hotel.

When was Daisy's instagram compared to Nathan Hamill's tweet?
@vaderito

May 18. When did he return from Cannes? I believe a day before, but I'm not sure.
avatar
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2223
Likes : 8313
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Connection Podcasts

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 30 May - 19:00

Well, don't forget about Cannes. AD was in Cannes when the others came to Cork but I think he was already there when Daisy posted that photo of the lake. It's impossible to say how long they actually stayed at Liss Ard and when exactly the cast started filming in Kerry.
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3570
Likes : 22970
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Connection Podcasts

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 30 May - 19:03

@EchoBase wrote:
@vaderito wrote:if Liss Ard Estate was indeed used as the secret location I couldn't imagine that AD wasn't there. The secrecy is mostly around Kylo cause people have some idea that Luke will train Rey. But parts with Kylo are a mystery.

Plus, they arrived together so they likely stayed at the same place/hotel.

When was Daisy's instagram compared to Nathan Hamill's tweet?
@vaderito

May 18. When did he return from Cannes? I believe a day before, but I'm not sure.
@EchoBase

Yes, I think he left Cannes some time on 17 May.

I love how Daisy can be so cheeky in her posts, though: "Morning jog and lake swim DONE! (There were more of us, group morale got us through!)" Who are "more of us"? Hmmm...
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3570
Likes : 22970
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Connection Podcasts

Post by vaderito on Mon 30 May - 19:04

Cast arrived in Belfast on May 13. Nathan tweeted about beer on May 15. Daisy posted lake instagram on May 18 (may not have been taken on that day). AD was in Cannes on 16th cause Patterson red carpet. he was giving interviews on 17th. Gone by 18th (either later on 17th or early on 18th).

@Darth Dingbat "More of us" is super cheeky, especially when it comes to morning jog, swim and exercise stuff. That other actor(s) would be doing too. Oh, and remember who frequented the gym in Dingle? Twisted Evil
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6663
Likes : 32330
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Connection Podcasts

Post by Darth Rowan on Mon 30 May - 19:06

@vaderito wrote:if Liss Ard Estate was indeed used as the secret location I couldn't imagine that AD wasn't there. The secrecy is mostly around Kylo cause people have some idea that Luke will train Rey. But parts with Kylo are a mystery.

Plus, they arrived together so they likely stayed at the same place/hotel.
@vaderito

That's a good point, @vaderito. We expect that Rey and Luke will be together, so it's not surprising that Mark and Daisy are confirmed at a location. Adam's presence is relatively surprising and indicates more interesting developments re: Kylo and Luke and Rey, so I think they might double their efforts at keeping him hidden.

By the way, since all these people connected to the shoot are including Liss Ard in their social media posts (including Rian Johnson!) I am wondering if it's not meant to be top secret after all. Maybe they wanted to be found out, lol. I wonder if it's one of those "those who have eyes to see will see" type things. The GA will remain oblivious, while obsessive people like us will look into it and speculate. XD

If we're right that Reylo is endgame then this Reywalker and FinnRey stuff has probably gotten out of hand for the ST production. I sometimes wonder if they drop little hints like this for us to piece together so that in the end there is a disruption in the Finnreying and the Reywalking. (By the way, it's a holiday in the U.S and I am very tired, so Idk if that makes any sense, lol.)

_________________
"We'll see."
avatar
Darth Rowan
Admin

Messages : 1959
Likes : 5333
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Connection Podcasts

Post by EchoBase on Mon 30 May - 19:08

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:
@vaderito wrote:if Liss Ard Estate was indeed used as the secret location I couldn't imagine that AD wasn't there. The secrecy is mostly around Kylo cause people have some idea that Luke will train Rey. But parts with Kylo are a mystery.

Plus, they arrived together so they likely stayed at the same place/hotel.

When was Daisy's instagram compared to Nathan Hamill's tweet?
@vaderito

May 18. When did he return from Cannes? I believe a day before, but I'm not sure.
@EchoBase

Yes, I think he left Cannes some time on 17 May.

I love how Daisy can be so cheeky in her posts, though: "Morning jog and lake swim DONE! (There were more of us, group morale got us through!)" Who are "more of us"? Hmmm...
@Darth Dingbat

Yes, this was also the first thing that came to my mind. Why emphasizing that there are "more of us". Wink.
avatar
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2223
Likes : 8313
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Connection Podcasts

Post by vaderito on Mon 30 May - 19:21

Liss Ard Estate knew that cast + crew was coming at least as of Feb 2016 (when they started to follow DR, MH and SW on twitter). I guess booking was made than. They managed to keep it a secret. However, such a huge estate just for a hotel? C'mon. I don't buy it. there must have been at least rehearsals if not actual filming.

still, cast and people associated with the cast weren't very discreet about it, hence posting tweets and Instagrams. So what gives? Wouldn't a secret location be kept secret 100%? No teasing, etc. I mean, we couldn't possibly be the only ones who thought something was up over there. And yet nothing in Irish news, no attempts to trespass, etc. Weird.

I do think that star gazing plateau here and star gazing instructions described in the KMT podcast are not a coincidence.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6663
Likes : 32330
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Connection Podcasts

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 30 May - 19:35

@EchoBase wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:
@vaderito wrote:if Liss Ard Estate was indeed used as the secret location I couldn't imagine that AD wasn't there. The secrecy is mostly around Kylo cause people have some idea that Luke will train Rey. But parts with Kylo are a mystery.

Plus, they arrived together so they likely stayed at the same place/hotel.

When was Daisy's instagram compared to Nathan Hamill's tweet?
@vaderito

May 18. When did he return from Cannes? I believe a day before, but I'm not sure.
@EchoBase

Yes, I think he left Cannes some time on 17 May.

I love how Daisy can be so cheeky in her posts, though: "Morning jog and lake swim DONE! (There were more of us, group morale got us through!)" Who are "more of us"? Hmmm...
@Darth Dingbat

Yes, this was also the first thing that came to my mind. Why emphasizing that there are "more of us". Wink.
@EchoBase

She is a padawan troll, like her master jedi troll.
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2890
Likes : 13096
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Connection Podcasts

Post by Little_Boots on Mon 30 May - 20:13

Podcasts are so cool!


Last edited by Little_Boots on Mon 30 May - 20:38; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2236
Likes : 10792
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Localisation : © The Moon

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Connection Podcasts

Post by Mana on Mon 30 May - 20:28

Wow those pictures in the podcast were stunning! I really hope they did film there...
avatar
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1211
Likes : 10478
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 25
Localisation : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Connection Podcasts

Post by Force Ghost on Mon 30 May - 20:32

@Darth Rowan wrote:It really does sound like a little teasing from Daisy with the "there were more of us" lol.

@Little_Boots wrote:Who was speaking in the latest podcast? Smile
@Little_Boots

Lee and Maria.
@Darth Rowan

I wonder if they'll have new set of participants for every podcast Smile
avatar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1140
Likes : 3997
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Connection Podcasts

Post by vaderito on Mon 30 May - 20:40

I must say I'm more pumped for Liss Ard Estate and Kornati locations than for official locations. They are really something else.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6663
Likes : 32330
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Connection Podcasts

Post by Force Ghost on Mon 30 May - 20:48

@vaderito wrote:I must say I'm more pumped for Liss Ard Estate and Kornati locations than for official locations. They are really something else.
@vaderito

The more I look at it, the more it looks like Ahch to, or some similar but not exactly the same looking planet. Some islands are totaly like Ahch to and some are different https://vimeo.com/157037077
avatar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1140
Likes : 3997
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Connection Podcasts

Post by vaderito on Mon 30 May - 20:51

bela.mesecina wrote:
@vaderito wrote:I must say I'm more pumped for Liss Ard Estate and Kornati locations than for official locations. They are really something else.
@vaderito

The more I look at it, the more it looks like Ahch to, or some similar but not exactly the same looking planet. Some islands are totaly like Ahch to and some are different https://vimeo.com/157037077
@bela.mesecina

Yep, just to have an areal shot of those islands is really out of this world.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6663
Likes : 32330
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Connection Podcasts

Post by Force Ghost on Mon 30 May - 20:57

@vaderito wrote:
bela.mesecina wrote:
@vaderito wrote:I must say I'm more pumped for Liss Ard Estate and Kornati locations than for official locations. They are really something else.
@vaderito

The more I look at it, the more it looks like Ahch to, or some similar but not exactly the same looking planet. Some islands are totaly like Ahch to and some are different https://vimeo.com/157037077
@bela.mesecina

Yep, just to have an areal shot of those islands is really out of this world.
@vaderito

This planet is so beautiful, we should take care of it and appreciate it more.
avatar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1140
Likes : 3997
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Connection Podcasts

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 30 May - 21:08

@vaderito wrote:
bela.mesecina wrote:
@vaderito wrote:I must say I'm more pumped for Liss Ard Estate and Kornati locations than for official locations. They are really something else.
@vaderito

The more I look at it, the more it looks like Ahch to, or some similar but not exactly the same looking planet. Some islands are totaly like Ahch to and some are different https://vimeo.com/157037077
@bela.mesecina

Yep, just to have an areal shot of those islands is really out of this world.
@vaderito

Kornati are beautiful, unfortunately I have never had a chance to visit. It is quite complicated because it is very restricted area - due to the national heritage. Very risky of the fires. People usually visit them by boats and stay on the boats while there in many of the beautiful bays.
The islands are very protected by national program of preserving the nature. I think it would be very complicated to get a permission to film there.
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2890
Likes : 13096
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum