Star Wars Connection Podcasts

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Star Wars Connection Podcasts

Post by Helix on Wed 14 Jun - 14:25

Masculinity ( in the subversion of traditional masculinity ) in Kylo is one of my favorite aspects. Vader being a masculine icon irl is kinda funny considering his consequences, but I get why. He's that for fans and Kylo and they can't look past the whole 'cool dark side dude' instead of a sad man who really had nothing else until Luke came along. Kylo being a bad villain because he got beat by a GUUUURL is my favorite bad criticism. Not even the 'untrained' part, just being beaten by a girl as this hideous mark against him. Kylo is very strong in his own way. I still don't get people not being able to see him not being Vader 2.0 is the point and maybe his view or Vader is flawed and colored. I guess their want of a Vader 2.0 is coloring their view, too.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Connection Podcasts

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Wed 14 Jun - 16:33

@Helix wrote:Masculinity ( in the subversion of traditional masculinity ) in Kylo is one of my favorite aspects. Vader being a masculine icon irl is kinda funny considering his consequences, but I get why. He's that for fans and Kylo and they can't look past the whole 'cool dark side dude' instead of a sad man who really had nothing else until Luke came along. Kylo being a bad villain because he got beat by a GUUUURL is my favorite bad criticism. Not even the 'untrained' part, just being beaten by a girl as this hideous mark against him. Kylo is very strong in his own way. I still don't get people not being able to see him not being Vader 2.0 is the point and maybe his view or Vader is flawed and colored. I guess their want of a Vader 2.0 is coloring their view, too.
@Helix

After TFA first came out, a lot of my Facebook friends summed up their feelings as, "I liked the bad guy until he took his helmet off." LOL, that's when my Kylo obsession began.  I love you

It's really difficult to explain why he's such a great character to others who can't wait to see Rey kill the sissy villain. Neutral
Cowgirlsamurai
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum