ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 2:40 am

Somebody elsewhere suggested the red font's similarity to this photo from three weeks ago: https://www.instagram.com/p/BMGRD_zBRep/?taken-by=riancjohnson

So secret lovers in paradise? I can deal with that. Razz

It was also suggested that this new photo looks like a digital collage. I don't know how to recognise that sort of thing, but if true, then all bets are off!
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4458
Likes : 29660
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 3:21 am

Holy Lord!

I was never thinking that SW would inspire me to read the bio of a mafia boss.

lol!
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4239
Likes : 20524
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 3:51 am

The "Paradise" seems to be referring to this weird film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_of_the_Paradise

Because judging by Rian's earlier Instagram post, he seems to have gone to this double screening: http://thenewbev.com/program/october-26-27-the-phantom-of-the-opera-phantom-of-the-paradise/

Discuss. Razz
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4458
Likes : 29660
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 4:15 am

From a sheer boredom I can make a parallel between mafia bosses and rumors about BDT character (casino boss).
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4239
Likes : 20524
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 4:21 am

The first symbol (生) means life, but we can't see the whole second symbol so there are few possibilities, I know two but there must be few more (why don't we have a Chinese person here?!)

泛 - to float, careless, to drift

活 - to bring someone who's not breathing/is unconscious/ is sleeping  back to life or to awake them

These are the meanings of Chinese Kanji in Japanese language so there is a slight possibility they have different meanings in Chinese

But how is this connected to mafia and Star Wars? scratch

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Kessel on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 4:39 am

I'm not sure what any of it may mean, but I think it could be hinting that we'll be getting a trailer soon!? I sure hope so!  Claps

Cool speculation though...I hope there are hints there.
avatar
Kessel
Moderator

Messages : 1628
Likes : 11910
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 4:45 am

Kessel89 wrote:I'm not sure what any of it may mean, but I think it could be hinting that we'll be getting a trailer soon!? I sure hope so!  Claps

Cool speculation though...I hope there are hints there.
@Kessel89

The theory is that a teaser might be coming in a few days, as if delivered by Priority Mail. Wink
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4458
Likes : 29660
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 4:58 am

So Rian is teasing a teaser. Teaserception! Give us teaser!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 5:18 am

Can I kindly ask you to explain to a moron like me - how the panel containing Luke, a mafia boss, and some chinese symbol could mean a teaser? scratch
(I don't mock - I truly don't get it)

If there will be a teaser soon - I would expect one around R1 release date - in three weeks time.
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4239
Likes : 20524
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 5:23 am

@Darth_Awakened wrote:Can I kindly ask you to explain to a moron like me - how the panel containing Luke, a mafia boss, and some chinese symbol could mean a teaser? scratch
(I don't mock - I truly don't get it)

If there will be a teaser soon - I would expect one around R1 release date - in three weeks time.
@Darth_Awakened

Well, I wouldn't have made such a connection, if it weren't for the comments from Boyega and Moody, who immediately went into "TEASER?!?" mode...
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4458
Likes : 29660
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 5:29 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:Can I kindly ask you to explain to a moron like me - how the panel containing Luke, a mafia boss, and some chinese symbol could mean a teaser? scratch
(I don't mock - I truly don't get it)

If there will be a teaser soon - I would expect one around R1 release date - in three weeks time.
@Darth_Awakened

Well, I wouldn't have made such a connection, if it weren't for the comments from Boyega and Moody, who immediately went into "TEASER?!?" mode...
@Darth Dingbat

Ah right. That was it. tnx
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4239
Likes : 20524
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by ZenBrainJam on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 6:27 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Libra Vibora wrote:
And yes!  Approves I care more about a pairing involving interesting characters and having an interesting dynamic than it being progressive. If the pairing also happens to be progressive, great! But if its only redeeming feature is that its socially revolutionary, then I'm not bothering in feigning interest. Ehem
@Libra Vibora

Yes. And this goes especially well with what you said about moral superiority above.

The best way to promote progressive pairings is to give them interesting stories. Interesting stories with interesting dynamics and interesting characters and character development and all that jazz, pairings whose progressiveness is just a base fact, but not the story. Because "look at this couple, they're progressive and healthy" does not a plot make.

The problem I see with the "morally superior" mindset, though, is that - from what I've seen - they don't only want progressive pairings: they want, or at least claim to want, progressive pairings that come with stories which have been scrubbed of any potential drama, any conflict, any element that might be remotely "problematic".

I honestly don't know what happened. When did it become a point of moral superiority to prefer stories where nothing much happens?
@Darth Dingbat

I don't know either, good stories need conflict, this is a fact. I am starting to suspect that the real problem here is not that they really want stories like that, the only thing that they want is make a fuss about something and bully people in fandom to feel morally superior.
avatar
ZenBrainJam
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 378
Likes : 1296
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by ZenBrainJam on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 6:33 am

@Sylvia Snow wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Another cryptic Instagram post from Rian:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNDE-ouh6WR/

@ISeeAnIsland

Well, I asked my friend and she said that the Chinese words in the picture above could be "生活" meaning "Life"
We also come to an agreement that the picture below the word reminds us both of some traditional drawing in ancient China and Buddhism but we not so sure
@Sylvia Snow

There are a lot of reference to mail in that picture... postal service, priority mail...
avatar
ZenBrainJam
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 378
Likes : 1296
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by SanghaRen on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 6:38 am

Rian Johnson is really teasing. I am both intrigued and annoyed, if that makes any sense.

What does TSF in the bottom left corner mean? Could it be the title of episode VIII? The Story of the Force - a bit long -, The Silent Force, Tale of Skywalker Fleeing, The Striking Force... Google tells me TSF = Twelve Step Facilitation. Or is TSF yet another acronym well-known by all social media users - except me?
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1556
Likes : 8010
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 6:42 am

@SanghaRen wrote:Rian Johnson is really teasing. I am both intrigued and annoyed, if that makes any sense.

What does TSF in the bottom left corner mean? Could it be the title of episode VIII? The Story of the Force - a bit long -, The Silent Force, Tale of Skywalker Fleeing, The Striking Force... Google tells me TSF = Twelve Step Facilitation. Or is TSF yet another acronym well-known by all social media users - except me?
@SanghaRen

LOL
I just noticed mysterious TSF as well.

The Shipping Fandom
No
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4239
Likes : 20524
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by ZenBrainJam on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 6:51 am

What is a zealer? I can't find anything with my dear friend google
avatar
ZenBrainJam
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 378
Likes : 1296
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 6:58 am

@ZenBrainJam wrote:What is a zealer? I can't find anything with my dear friend google
@ZenBrainJam

Maybe this gentleman: https://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/Carl_Zealer

or http://www.zealer.com/ which leads again to China
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4239
Likes : 20524
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by ZenBrainJam on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 7:03 am

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@ZenBrainJam wrote:What is a zealer? I can't find anything with my dear friend google
@ZenBrainJam

Maybe this gentleman: https://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/Carl_Zealer

or http://www.zealer.com/ which leads again to China
@Darth_Awakened

So this is all about... communication? Mail, a phone, shipping (!!!)... Who will talk to who and why? (We already know Rian, ahahahahah!)

EDIT
tsf ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TSF

It's really about communications...
avatar
ZenBrainJam
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 378
Likes : 1296
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 7:12 am

@ZenBrainJam wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@ZenBrainJam wrote:What is a zealer? I can't find anything with my dear friend google
@ZenBrainJam

Maybe this gentleman: https://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/Carl_Zealer

or http://www.zealer.com/ which leads again to China
@Darth_Awakened

So this is all about... communication? Mail, a phone, shipping (!!!)... Who will talk to who and why? (We already know Rian, ahahahahah!)

EDIT
tsf ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TSF

It's really about communications...
@ZenBrainJam

We should only find a way how to connect a mafia boss into all of this mess. LOL
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4239
Likes : 20524
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by SanghaRen on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 7:31 am

@Darth_Awakened

I like The Shipping Fandom. He should have added a heart somewhere and then everyone would go insane. Rian must be laughing his head off right now.

This is cute:
https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/800460992580755456
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1556
Likes : 8010
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Reynak on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 9:27 am

@ZenBrainJam wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Libra Vibora wrote:
And yes!  Approves I care more about a pairing involving interesting characters and having an interesting dynamic than it being progressive. If the pairing also happens to be progressive, great! But if its only redeeming feature is that its socially revolutionary, then I'm not bothering in feigning interest. Ehem
@Libra Vibora

Yes. And this goes especially well with what you said about moral superiority above.

The best way to promote progressive pairings is to give them interesting stories. Interesting stories with interesting dynamics and interesting characters and character development and all that jazz, pairings whose progressiveness is just a base fact, but not the story. Because "look at this couple, they're progressive and healthy" does not a plot make.

The problem I see with the "morally superior" mindset, though, is that - from what I've seen - they don't only want progressive pairings: they want, or at least claim to want, progressive pairings that come with stories which have been scrubbed of any potential drama, any conflict, any element that might be remotely "problematic".

I honestly don't know what happened. When did it become a point of moral superiority to prefer stories where nothing much happens?
@Darth Dingbat

I don't know either, good stories need conflict, this is a fact. I am starting to suspect that the real problem here is not that they really want stories like that, the only thing that they want is make a fuss about something and bully people in fandom to feel morally superior.
@ZenBrainJam
Perhaps some of them really mean it when they say they are afraid violence between a man and a woman on screen might glorify this violence, that this is bad because the agressors must always be punished and should be seen as just villains and that women shouldn't think agressive men can change for the better. If this is the reason I'm fine with it although I don't share their views. One can like in fiction what is too risky or controversial in RL because this way you can safely explore what is dangerous in reality.

War fims and action flicks or violent movies in general should be forbidden because they are not a good example for little boys, following the same reasoning.

The problem with most antis is that they don't mind how violent a character is, what matters to them is control. In their opinion, Rey, who they like, should be with someone acceptable according to their standards or their preferences. For some reason, they dislike Kylo, not only because he killed Han but also because he isn't the type of man's man they would want as a Skywalker. He isn't good enough, not like Luke, and neither is he evil enough, not like Anakin. To make matters worse, he isn't a charming scoundrel like Han either. Kylo is not your typical uncomplicated action movie male character and many fanboys don't accept him. They want Rey with someone they do like, like Finn or Poe.

Many people don't follow the story on screen, they just want to see their favourite male character with a trophy girlfriend. For instance, in GOT, most fanboys's favourite is Tyrion, the dwarf. They want him to end up with Sansa because she is the prettiest girl available for him. They don't care that neither him nor her seem interested in each other in a significant way. They don't even like Sansa but this doesn't prevent them from wanting her for their hero because she is beautiful. They don't care what the writer's intention is, they don't pay attention to the hints. For them it's as if the writers had to give them what they wanted.

So, most don't care about role models for little girls, they just want their favourite to get the girl and if they are women they want Rey with a LI they like. There's nothing progressive about this and it has nothing to do with social justice. For instance, why do some fans complain because Rey isn't gonna get involved with Finn and he will have a LI that is not the protagonist and isn't pretty enough in their opinion? How is wanting Rey as if she was a trophy progressive? Is judging KMT's character lacking because she isn't the protagonist or is not a stunning beauty progressive?

Also, many fans were OK with Kylo killing people but not with his vulnerability and liked him until he unmasked. They didn't want him to be emotional. They didn't like his looks either because he doesn't fit their idea of what a cool tough villain should look like.  What they hated most was that a girl defeated him. So they are OK with him being a killer but won't forgive his unshed tears and brimming emotion. What's more, how can Reylo be read as an abusive relationship if there is no relationship to speak of?

When antis say they find their dynamics abusive they are proving they have seen Reylo as a couple because, how can a fight between two equally powerful FS people be seen as abusive? It seems they are projecting RL dynamics onto Reylo and they obviously see them as a couple in some form.
avatar
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 671
Likes : 4227
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Birdwoman on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 10:16 am

Carrie Fisher is being interviewed on the Today Show this morning. Wink They are asking her about her relationship with Harrison. I will see if she mentions anything else....

Birdwoman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 967
Likes : 4278
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by carpe noctem on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 10:17 am

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@ZenBrainJam wrote:What is a zealer? I can't find anything with my dear friend google
@ZenBrainJam

Maybe this gentleman: https://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/Carl_Zealer

or http://www.zealer.com/ which leads again to China
@Darth_Awakened

@Sylvia Snow wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Another cryptic Instagram post from Rian:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNDE-ouh6WR/

@ISeeAnIsland

Well, I asked my friend and she said that the Chinese words in the picture above could be "生活" meaning "Life"
We also come to an agreement that the picture below the word reminds us both of some traditional drawing in ancient China and Buddhism but we not so sure
@Sylvia Snow

Zealer is a Chinese language tech product (e.g., cell phones) evaluation site and if you go to zealer.com or google it, "生活" is basically one of the first things that appears with it. (“科技生活方式第一站”in full) Of course, they mean it in "technological lifestyle" sense lol but there's that connection between two collage pieces
avatar
carpe noctem
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 1
Likes : 6
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-14

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 10:27 am

LOL
It has already begun:
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4239
Likes : 20524
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by panki on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 10:38 am

@carpe noctem wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@ZenBrainJam wrote:What is a zealer? I can't find anything with my dear friend google
@ZenBrainJam

Maybe this gentleman: https://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/Carl_Zealer

or http://www.zealer.com/ which leads again to China
@Darth_Awakened

@Sylvia Snow wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Another cryptic Instagram post from Rian:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNDE-ouh6WR/

@ISeeAnIsland

Well, I asked my friend and she said that the Chinese words in the picture above could be "生活" meaning "Life"
We also come to an agreement that the picture below the word reminds us both of some traditional drawing in ancient China and Buddhism but we not so sure
@Sylvia Snow

Zealer is a Chinese language tech product (e.g., cell phones) evaluation site and if you go to zealer.com or google it, "生活" is basically one of the first things that appears with it. (“科技生活方式第一站”in full) Of course, they mean it in "technological lifestyle" sense lol but there's that connection between two collage pieces
@carpe noctem

I wonder if he is announcing the completion of another stage of the production....maybe something to do with sound editing or effects? The "TSF" (timing synchronization function?) and "zealer" (technological lifestyle) could indicate this.....also, the priority mail could be either the work being carried out overseas and sent back....or maybe members of the cast have had to travel for a recording?

panki
Moderator

Messages : 3345
Likes : 12460
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum