ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by SanghaRen on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 7:20 am

Why is it deleted? I so want to know what Pony asked.

@Gemini: You feel like the conversation is stifled because of Pony's tweets? Personally his/her tweets do not keep me from posting what I want here. Why should it? Maybe I am missing something. Pablo always refering to forums as sith is nothing new.

I actually find the whole thing rather funny. Like a school kid who reports on other school kids to the teacher. Or Hux telling Snoke that Kylo was more focused on the girl than the map Smile In the end, it's also up to said teacher to play with it or ignore it.

Do we really know who that poster is and what he/she is trying to achieve? Does it really matter? I honestly see no reason to make a big deal out of it. To me it's all part of the social media games. I don't really care about what one person on Twitter says. The readers either believe the person or inform themselves first. If people blindly believe things they read on Twitter, well, it says more about them than anyone being targeted by the tweet.

I wonder more about why this person seems to be gone. Is it something someone said?
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1556
Likes : 8010
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Gemini on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 7:30 am

@SanghaRen wrote:Why is it deleted? I so want to know what Pony asked.

@Gemini: You feel like the conversation is stifled because of Pony's tweets? Personally his/her tweets do not keep me from posting what I want here. Why should it? Maybe I am missing something. Pablo always refering to forums as sith is nothing new.

I actually find the whole thing rather funny. Like a school kid who reports on other school kids to the teacher. Or Hux telling Snoke that Kylo was more focused on the girl than the map Smile In the end, it's also up to said teacher to play with it or ignore it.

Do we really know who that poster is and what he/she is trying to achieve? Does it really matter? I honestly see no reason to make a big deal out of it. To me it's all part of the social media games. I don't really care about what one person on Twitter says. The readers either believe the person or inform themselves first. If people blindly believe things they read on Twitter, well, it says more about them than anyone being targeted by the tweet.

I wonder more about why this person seems to be gone. Is it something someone said?
@SanghaRen

It's not bothering me what Pablo says.

It's just the manner in which its done by this person.

I complained last week about this person and  became public enemy no1 on the board for doing so. Which leads me to believe that it's someone who openly talks here with us and is well liked with a certain clique.

It's a girl not a boy (seen from another tweet ranting about feminism to him.)

People only seem to now be bothered about the behaviour of pony face  just because reylo got insulted. They've been doing this crap for months to various posters and various opinions here.

I've seen this person actively take people's posts on this board and try to get Pablo to debunk it. I think it's spiteful.

I think it's extreme and obsessive and odd. And I feel sorry for those who are just enjoying speculating and this person stalks us and stalks Pablo in order to debunk discussion here. It bothers some more than others I guess? It's all just incredibly cringeworthy.

avatar
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2379
Likes : 10021
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 7:48 am

@Gemini wrote:
@SanghaRen wrote:Why is it deleted? I so want to know what Pony asked.

@Gemini: You feel like the conversation is stifled because of Pony's tweets? Personally his/her tweets do not keep me from posting what I want here. Why should it? Maybe I am missing something. Pablo always refering to forums as sith is nothing new.

I actually find the whole thing rather funny. Like a school kid who reports on other school kids to the teacher. Or Hux telling Snoke that Kylo was more focused on the girl than the map Smile In the end, it's also up to said teacher to play with it or ignore it.

Do we really know who that poster is and what he/she is trying to achieve? Does it really matter? I honestly see no reason to make a big deal out of it. To me it's all part of the social media games. I don't really care about what one person on Twitter says. The readers either believe the person or inform themselves first. If people blindly believe things they read on Twitter, well, it says more about them than anyone being targeted by the tweet.

I wonder more about why this person seems to be gone. Is it something someone said?
@SanghaRen

It's not bothering me what Pablo says.

It's just the manner in which its done by this person.

I complained last week about this person and  became public enemy no1 on the board for doing so. Which leads me to believe that it's someone who openly talks here with us and is well liked with a certain clique.

It's a girl not a boy (seen from another tweet ranting about feminism to him.)

People only seem to now be bothered about the behaviour of pony face  just because reylo got insulted. They've been doing this crap for months to various posters and various opinions here.

I've seen this person actively take people's posts on this board and try to get Pablo to debunk it. I think it's spiteful.

I think it's extreme and obsessive and odd. And I feel sorry for those who are just enjoying speculating and this person stalks us and stalks Pablo in order to debunk discussion here. It bothers some more than others  I guess? It's all just incredibly cringeworthy.

@Gemini

Unless you where a target, some might see Pony as harmless, however I feel like it was a form of bullying....


Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2593
Likes : 5990
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Maria Antonietta on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 8:05 am

Make this thread private
avatar
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2722
Likes : 12080
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31
Localisation : Italia

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Guest on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 8:47 am

I didn't know whether to respond to PH over all this or not, but as he tagged me in the tweet I felt obliged. Bizarre and I'm kinda disappointed in PH but I guess he's made his dislike of forums known before. Oh well!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Maria Antonietta on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 8:50 am

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I didn't know whether to respond to PH over all this or not, but as he tagged me in the tweet I felt obliged. Bizarre and I'm kinda disappointed in PH but I guess he's made his dislike of forums known before. Oh well!
@Mrs Ben Solo

I'd reply. Well, I replied anyway.
avatar
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2722
Likes : 12080
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31
Localisation : Italia

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Guest on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 8:55 am

@Maria Antonietta wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I didn't know whether to respond to PH over all this or not, but as he tagged me in the tweet I felt obliged. Bizarre and I'm kinda disappointed in PH but I guess he's made his dislike of forums known before. Oh well!
@Mrs Ben Solo

I'd reply. Well, I replied anyway.
@Maria Antonietta

I did reply because I got tagged in it but it was probably best left. PH appeared to be under seige from the Finn-has-to-be-a-Jedi brigade yesterday so he probably wasn't in a benevolent mood, not that it excuses what was said.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Darth Dementor on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 10:03 am

@Darth_Awakened wrote:I just saw we got two new members from yesterday.
I'll alway tend to to thanks those people over the twitter for giving us free publicity.

***always look on the bright side of life***
@Darth_Awakened


_________________
avatar
Darth Dementor
Moderator

Messages : 1068
Likes : 4839
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 10:17 am

@Gemini
The sad thing is it's making everybody question who it could be (myself included), which is likely causing exactly what that they would have wanted: conflict and mistrust between board members. I admit I also had my moments of suspicion at first, but maybe it's best to just acknowledge that this person exists, has had access to the forum for a long time and obviously isn't going anywhere. Even if they deleted this Twitter they could recover it or make a new one for similar purposes. If this is how they want to spend their time then so be it. Just sucks that we're questioning other members now and casting blame, something I admit I also did. Sad


Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3976
Likes : 34371
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 23
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by SanghaRen on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 10:21 am

@Gemini @spacebaby45678

I have no idea if Pony is/was one of us. I am not aware of any clique working with her for whatever agenda. I find the whole agenda thing in fandom strange anyway.

I just want to say that there are people using social media, who might not be very stable and who might appear as bullies when they are not. I don't know if that is the case here. And yes, probably it would be better to remain off social media if you're not too grounded in your life because social media can be a b*** and drag you down even more. But as weird as it seems, it's the ones - not only, obviously - who use social media a lot *looks at her feet for a second*. I feel a bit uneasy assuming that Pony is a full-blown bully. I have seen several of her exchanges with PH and she sounded to me more like an eager-to-please-and-be-validated type than a bully.

I don't know. I just don't want this to turn into a war of some sort. To me it's just not worth it. The outside world is frustrating enough. I am happy to put my blinders on and let it pass. That's my take on it.


avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1556
Likes : 8010
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Gemini on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 12:54 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:@Gemini
The sad thing is it's making everybody question who it could be (myself included), which is likely causing exactly what that they would have wanted: conflict and mistrust between board members. I admit I also had my moments of suspicion at first, but maybe it's best to just acknowledge that this person exists, has had access to the forum for a long time and obviously isn't going anywhere. Even if they deleted this Twitter they could recover it or make a new one for similar purposes. If this is how they want to spend their time then so be it. Just sucks that we're questioning other members now and casting blame, something I admit I also did. Sad
@FrolickingFizzgig


I'm Sorry, I didn't mean to do that on here or cause that feeling and i see where you are coming from

I'm just being over sensitive ATM I think. I saw it happen to another poster recently, (I mean they were doing it to me loads and I didn't care but seeing it happen to someone else just irked me) it was someone who loves to write a lot and it just upset me
avatar
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2379
Likes : 10021
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by ZioRen on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 1:17 pm

Wait, why would we suspect anyone here? I can't think of anyone who defended this Twitter person when we brought it up before. Everyone seemed pretty annoyed.

I'm not sure what we can do about it other than make things more private. It's obvious that this person is trying to make us afraid of discussing. I'm honestly surprised they haven't devolved into taking screenshots of things and showing them to Pablo.

And if Pablo wants to say that everyone is **** because one person tattled, that sounds like his problem. Especially when we've been relatively critical of him and his ideas on the ST and Kylo here. I don't expect he'd like what we have to say, but honestly I don't really care. I don't think we're ruining his day or anything, we're just some forum. It'd be nice if he just stopped responding to that person, which he could very easily do, but apparently he still wants to. If he wants to annoy himself and encourage further instigation, that's on him and not us.
avatar
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2194
Likes : 14517
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Helix on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 1:26 pm

I agree that they probably just want validation. I mean we're just sticking mostly to the forum and to ourselves, I don't know why that person feels the need to stalk and try to disprove everything here.

avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2499
Likes : 10469
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 1:35 pm

@ZioRen wrote:Wait, why would we suspect anyone here? I can't think of anyone who defended this Twitter person when we brought it up before. Everyone seemed pretty annoyed.

I'm not sure what we can do about it other than make things more private. It's obvious that this person is trying to make us afraid of discussing. I'm honestly surprised they haven't devolved into taking screenshots of things and showing them to Pablo.

And if Pablo wants to say that everyone is **** because one person tattled, that sounds like his problem. Especially when we've been relatively critical of him and his ideas on the ST and Kylo here. I don't expect he'd like what we have to say, but honestly I don't really care. I don't think we're ruining his day or anything, we're just some forum. It'd be nice if he just stopped responding to that person, which he could very easily do, but apparently he still wants to. If he wants to annoy himself and encourage further instigation, that's on him and not us.
@ZioRen
There are good reasons why it's suspected (or should I say known)? to be someone on the forum. If you want more information you can ask me in a PM.
avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3976
Likes : 34371
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 23
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Helix on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 1:50 pm

It was my evil alter ego Countess Boochie Flagrante.

I didn't think anybody here cared about Pabby's opinion enough to do that, so it's news to me. Maybe I'm just clouded by my bias and the fact that I usually ignore anything he says unless it ends up on here or blogs, ect.
avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2499
Likes : 10469
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 4:06 pm

Josh Gad asks Daisy "Who are the last Jedi?" on IG:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPrs3UFlHXv/

"I'll tell you that Olaf is in Frozen 2..."

Her makeup looks gorgeous, BTW.
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5268
Likes : 27550
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Maria Antonietta on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 4:10 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Josh Gad asks Daisy "Who are the last Jedi?" on IG:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPrs3UFlHXv/

"I'll tell you that Olaf is in Frozen 2..."

Her makeup looks gorgeous, BTW.
@ISeeAnIsland

she looks gorgeous <3
avatar
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2722
Likes : 12080
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31
Localisation : Italia

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by SanghaRen on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 4:12 pm

I don't know if anyone posted the official announcement for TLJ. I am just happy to see JJ credited as executive producer.

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-official-title-for-star-wars-episode-viii-revealed
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1556
Likes : 8010
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by kroi on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 10:16 pm

Long time reader, first time poster… joined because I wanted to say that I saw the whole Applejack/Pablo convo. Earlier that day the Applejack tweeter was asking Pablo some question about whether Kylo had a crush on Rey cause he said ‘trust what you see in TFA’ and they were asking if they needed to get their eyes checked (basically looking for him to validate Reylo) Pablo then replied “Maybe you'll find out later this whatever.”

Then they asked “Did you intend this tweet to encourage those who see a potential for romance between Kylo and Rey?”
“I wouldn't worry what an online forum thinks. Especially about wasting time.”
To which he responded; “It was intended to get people to stop listening to online forums.”
Aj: “Interesting, as it seems to have supported the creation of a forum based around Reylo. Not what you intended, I'm sure!”
P: “That's terrible. Forums are sh*tholes.”
Aj: “I only snooped on that forum because they post our Twitter exchanges there and I saw they have an archive of your old tweets.”
I then replied: “From what I've seen that forum was created cause JCF wouldn't allow Reylo discussion, nothing to do with Pablo...” Then Applejack deleted/blocked their posts & their account.

I don’t think people should feel offended or attacked by Pablo because of his comment. We know he hates shipping, and he hates forums too, with good reason. He’s been attacked/threatened on the JCF/Reddit and I believe he also used to be a mod for the official sw.com forum where there was all kinds of drama.

I mean he’s only going by what this person told him, which is that people took a tweet of his, misinterpreted it, and used it to start a ‘shipping’ forum! If it were true, and Reylo is the direction they go in 8/9, that could look really bad for him…. So to me him saying ‘that’s terrible’ isn’t towards Reylo per se and just like him saying forums are sh*tholes isn’t a direct attack on this forum, just forums in general.
avatar
kroi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 169
Likes : 945
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by ZioRen on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 10:22 pm

I enjoy how they try to pretend that they're on the forum because we post their exchanges and not that their exchanges with Pablo are bugging him about things said here without any prompting.


Last edited by ZioRen on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2194
Likes : 14517
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by IoJovi on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 10:24 pm

@kroi Thanks for the recap, and welcome to the forum!  It's amazing to me that given how many opportunities Pablo has been given to debunk Reylo, he has not done so even once.  Can't say the same for Reywalker. I don't know who this Applejack person is, and even though I find them quite cringeworthy, that's a great response from Pablo.  As far as him hating forums, that's really nothing new.  His dislike for forums in general is well known.
avatar
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6972
Likes : 39803
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Helix on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 10:30 pm

I remembered people on a particular SW forum mentioning he had been there and considering how people could be on there, I'm not surprised he doesn't really like them. Not all forums can be as generally laid-back and chill as this one... Especially with how big some are and how defensive people can get about SW stuff.
avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2499
Likes : 10469
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Saracene on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 10:52 pm

Online forums can be total and utter cesspools for sure. I also wouldn't take Pablo's comment personally.
avatar
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1781
Likes : 11591
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 37
Localisation : Melbourne

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by snufkin on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 11:16 pm

We can only hope to someday piss off TPTB enough that we get represented in IX like how the great Aaron Sorkin - Television Without Pity feud ended up on an episode of The West Wing:

The greatest thing that happened to Television Without Pity the entire time I worked there was that Aaron Sorkin got so mad at us that he wrote an entire B-plot of The West Wing about internet forums with draconian moderators (that was us!), in which a character hypothesized that such people are probably "women in muu-muus smoking Parliaments." We found this almost intoxicatingly delightful, it was the moment I personally felt that the site had arrived, and muu-muu/Parliaments jokes became recapper-to-recapper standards.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6916
Likes : 31203
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by Saracene on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 11:43 pm

Note that Pablo didn't say, "That's terrible. Reylo is a silly idea", instead he simply diverted attention to the general awfulness of forums Twisted Evil
avatar
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1781
Likes : 11591
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 37
Localisation : Melbourne

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum