ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 10:41 am

Yep, that would be cool....and very sympathetic to him. He might still be mad at her for the 'face slash' incident though.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 10:47 am

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Yep, that would be cool....and very sympathetic to him. He might still be mad at her for the 'face slash' incident though.
@motherofpearl1
I'm imagining it as more of an out-of-nowhere, acting-crazy and unpredictable Kylo moment, not a sympathetic moment. I do entirely expect him to be furious, confused and ashamed about what happened during their first duel, and I also expect him to go after her with the full intention of killing her (but then perhaps finding himself drawn to something else). That's just how these kinds of stories tend to proceed. Villain becomes intensely and overwhelmingly obsessed with beauty, but is unable to control his battling emotions. On one hand he wants her gone because she makes him weak, on the other hand he wants her all to himself. That's exactly the feeling I get from the rainy cliffside duel.
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 10:51 am

It certainly would fit with the damaged person he is- there is no middle ground with him,he's all about passion.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 11:01 am

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Anyone here thinks they won't kiss until IX?
@motherofpearl1

I don't think they will kiss at all. Probably they'll just touch each other's foreheads at the end to display their affection.
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 11:07 am

Oh, I hope we have a kiss - we deserve it after three movies!
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 11:18 am

@motherofpearl1

I'm in the I-think-they-kiss-in-VIII camp, but I'm expecting it to be some spur of the moment thing (probably after some big adrenaline rush), and that it will surprise/confuse both of them. i.e. It's going to create more questions than it does answers.

I think it will be in VIII largely for pacing--VIII is probably going to be the big character development movie, whereas IX is going to be a lot of action with defeating Snoke, and tying various plot threads together, etc. I don't see how they can fit the entire romantic arc into one movie with a ton of other stuff going on without it feeling rushed/crammed in.

That said, it wouldn't shock me if they held off on a kiss until IX. I just think it's more likely to come towards the end of VIII.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 11:34 am

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@motherofpearl1

I'm in the I-think-they-kiss-in-VIII camp, but I'm expecting it to be some spur of the moment thing (probably after some big adrenaline rush), and that it will surprise/confuse both of them. i.e. It's going to create more questions than it does answers.

I think it will be in VIII largely for pacing--VIII is probably going to be the big character development movie, whereas IX is going to be a lot of action with defeating Snoke, and tying various plot threads together, etc. I don't see how they can fit the entire romantic arc into one movie with a ton of other stuff going on without it feeling rushed/crammed in.

That said, it wouldn't shock me if they held off on a kiss until IX. I just think it's more likely to come towards the end of VIII.
@ISeeAnIsland

I hope you are right! Ahh it would make sense to delay kiss until IX, but it would be so painful to wait another two years! Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 11:37 am

@SkyStar wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@ISeeAnIsland

I hope you are right! Ahh it would make sense to delay kiss until IX, but it would be so painful to wait another two years! Neutral
@SkyStar

Kiss or no kiss, I strongly suspect that the Rey-Kylo relationship is going to be left in a very definitive "Will-they-or-won't-they?" state at the end of VIII, leaving the wider audience (now including former Reywalkers) with another thing to debate for two years going into IX.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 11:38 am

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@ISeeAnIsland

I'm with you on this.

Traditionally there are three kisses in the 2nd film - of course Rian and co could be going for the non-traditional, there's always that possibility.

But other than that kiss that should never of happened between Luke and Leia they've always been between the main couple of the trilogy - Anakin + Padme and Leia and Han (who only had 2, because of the icky Luke smooch!)

I like the idea of there being a spur of the moment kiss between Rey and Kylo in VIII due to an adrenaline rush or a life saving moment - where Rey kisses him, rather than him kissing her.  That would certainly lead to a fair few questions for Rey about her feelings and moving forward etc.

So unless Poe and Finn are finally going to kiss Wink or Finn is that enamoured with KMT's character that he just goes for it, I think a Rey/Kylo kiss could/will happen - depending on Rian of course.
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 11:45 am

I'm certain we'll have a truce, at least. Since we have so many foreshadowing comments, like JJ saying that Rey will decide later if she's going to kill him or not (not), "Rey is very forgiving..[backtracks]you know, no one would be friend with my son, he's an a**h***" Bless you Carrie!, they'll have a very interesting relationship and so on.
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 11:47 am

@Rogue Rey wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@ISeeAnIsland

I'm with you on this.

Traditionally there are three kisses in the 2nd film - of course Rian and co could be going for the non-traditional, there's always that possibility.

But other than that kiss that should never of happened between Luke and Leia they've always been between the main couple of the trilogy - Anakin + Padme and Leia and Han (who only had 2, because of the icky Luke smooch!)

I like the idea of there being a spur of the moment kiss between Rey and Kylo in VIII due to an adrenaline rush or a life saving moment - where Rey kisses him, rather than him kissing her.  That would certainly lead to a fair few questions for Rey about her feelings and moving forward etc.

So unless Poe and Finn are finally going to kiss Wink or Finn is that enamoured with KMT's character that he just goes for it, I think a Rey/Kylo kiss could/will happen - depending on Rian of course.
@Rogue Rey

FWIW, I do think that there's going to be at least one FinnTran kiss in VIII, and that romance will probably be the focal romance of VIII. I'm expecting Reylo to be sort of a slow-burn while FinnTrann is doing its screwball/old school/whirlwind thing.

I'm not all that confident that they know that much these days, but I did get the feeling from MSW that Jason thinks FinnTran is going to be the "big romance of VIII" (that he knows of). In fact, with him hinting that he's sitting on a few things, and given the way they've teased (and then not followed through) on some things related to KMT, I'm willing to bet that that might be one of the few areas where they do know something juicy/interesting that they haven't posted yet.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 11:53 am

@Rogue Rey wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@ISeeAnIsland

I'm with you on this.

@Rogue Rey

I feel that it is a must for Rey to kiss him and not other way around. Otherwise antis will think that Kylo is forcing himself on her.
SkyStar

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 12:00 pm

@SkyStar
Antis will say this or that no matter what happens. Don't forget that they already say Kylo r*ped her (yes, literally r*ped). Small things are absolutely going to be blown out of proportion, as they always are. When the story comes out (VIII and IX) it'll be a start to finish kind of deal so any small criticisms of particular scenes will be largely irrelevant. I see no problem with Kylo trying to kiss her in a spur-of-the-moment scene and Rey backing off. There's nothing offensive or inappropriate about that, IMO. Just more evidence that Kylo needs to change fundamentally as a person and absolutely cannot "take whatever he wants" from others.
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 12:03 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Rogue Rey wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@ISeeAnIsland

I'm with you on this.

@Rogue Rey

FWIW, I do think that there's going to be at least one FinnTran kiss in VIII, and that romance will probably be the focal romance of VIII. I'm expecting Reylo to be sort of a slow-burn while FinnTrann is doing its screwball/old school/whirlwind thing.

I'm not all that confident that they know that much these days, but I did get the feeling from MSW that Jason thinks FinnTran is going to be the "big romance of VIII" (that he knows of). In fact, with him hinting that he's sitting on a few things, and given the way they've teased (and then not followed through) on some things related to KMT, I'm willing to bet that that might be one of the few areas where they do know something juicy/interesting that they haven't posted yet.
@ISeeAnIsland

Jason won't say anything about Ireland stuff and Reylo related spoilers because #deaththreads. He told me that he received some after telling Luke appears in 10 seconds in TFA. Imagine him saying something Reylo friendly
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 12:12 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:@SkyStar
Antis will say this or that no matter what happens. Don't forget that they already say Kylo r*ped her (yes, literally r*ped). Small things are absolutely going to be blown out of proportion, as they always are. When the story comes out (VIII and IX) it'll be a start to finish kind of deal so any small criticisms of particular scenes will be largely irrelevant. I see no problem with Kylo trying to kiss her in a spur-of-the-moment scene and Rey backing off. There's nothing offensive or inappropriate about that, IMO. Just more evidence that Kylo needs to change fundamentally as a person and absolutely cannot "take whatever he wants" from others.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I actually find it sad that Kylo is seen as an 'abuser' when he was the one abused. I've seen a lot of fanfic where Rey is seen as an abuse victim,but although she's clearly a victim of child abandonment she hasn't been abused. The real victim is, and always has been, Kylo.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 12:22 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:@SkyStar
@FrolickingFizzgig

oh god, yes. I think from all the accusations compering Kylo to r*pist are the ones that makes me the most mad. Never in the world I would come to that conclusion while watching the movie. Mind reading, controlling, telepathy is a normal part in the fantasy, blockbuster, anime world - it is violating, but it is not a sexual assault.

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum