Carrie Fisher Tribute Thread

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Carrie Fisher Tribute Thread

Post by BastilaBey on Thu 29 Dec - 1:43

I just saw that Debbie Reynolds has died. This is unbelievably tragic. My heart breaks for Billie, Todd and the rest of the family.

https://twitter.com/tmz/status/814283850633408512
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyconsular on Thu 29 Dec - 1:45

Poor Todd and Bille... as well as Joely and Trisha...

ladyconsular
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Thu 29 Dec - 1:46

@SanghaRen wrote:The press conferences will definitively not be the same. I usually don't watch them for any movie but for TFA I did, to see Carrie.

Right now I can't stomach reading or watching anything about it. I can see the best tribute contest starting among journalists and I don't want to take any part in it. She's there in her books, her movies, her interviews. I don't need a journalist explaining me who he/she thinks Carrie Fisher was. Fans speaking about her, yes. Journalists, no. If I sound angry, well I am. Why? Many reasons. I won't elaborate. I am just both angry and sad.
@SanghaRen

Same for me, really. Especially the new discussions á la "hopefully her death won't be bad for episode 8" - really? I hope Carrie's daughter won't be besieged by journalists prodding at her with questions about her mother at VIII's premiere. Have some decency and give her space.  Evil or Very Mad

The only tribute I did enjoy seeing was in the other new SW community I'm in - a guy started a posting of him taking off his stormtrooper helmet, declaring "photos only, no comments please" - and a few hundred of the 14000 users there posted photos of themselves taking off their helmets/lightsabers/etc, without adding a comment in words. It's really soothing to see Star Wars fan communities which work harmoniously like ours here.

edit; No words for Debbie's death. You know, yesterday when I told my friend about Carrie's death and she was hesitant to believe it, I told her "Just you wait, we still have a few days to go until 2016 is finally over". This year is indeed cursed.

Last edited by Rimfaxe96 on Thu 29 Dec - 1:53; edited 1 time in total
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Thu 29 Dec - 1:49

Wow. Just... There are no words....

RIP Debbie. My condolences to Billie, Todd and the rest of her family. How sad! Sad
AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 29 Dec - 1:51

This is so sad, they seemed like the anti-Kardashians with being famous and open about their quirky family but so much more real and talented. And what a loss for cinematic history between the mother and daughter, both iconic in their own rights (and with equally hot/iconic love interests in those movies).  I can't even remember which movie I saw first as a kid, Singing in the Rain or Star Wars, but loved them both so much.

Different movie, but also with Donald O'Connor

One of her last roles was in Behind the Candelabra, Stephen Soderbergh's Liberace biopic

They did a documentary in the past year which is going to premiere later in the Spring, how sad in retrospect.

Last edited by snufkin on Thu 29 Dec - 6:17; edited 3 times in total
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 29 Dec - 2:07

Poor Billie. My heart goes out to her.

This is just awful. Sad

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Thu 29 Dec - 2:39

Gosh this poor family Sad
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 29 Dec - 2:42

@IoJovi wrote:Poor Billie. My heart goes out to her.

This is just awful. Sad
@IoJovi

I can't even imagine how she must feel...losing your mother is bad enough, but then your grandmother a day later???

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Thu 29 Dec - 2:46

God, I was telling myself: "Well, at least Billie Lourd and Debbie Reynolds will have each other". This is absolutely horrible.

2017 BETTER BE F*CKING PERFECT
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 29 Dec - 3:06

Man, the history about these two. There was one repeated yesterday about George Lucas getting caught in between an argument the two of them had, which doesn't make it hard to imagine how Leia ended up bossing around Luke and Han

Due to the limited budget the American cast members and crew flew economy class to England, rather than first class. When Carrie Fisher’s mother, film star Debbie Reynolds, heard about this she called George Lucas to complain. Lucas handed the phone to Carrie who simply said, “Mother, I want to fly coach, will you **** off?!” and hung up.

They just re-posted one of Debbie's last interviews with National Public Radio

Reynolds recalls that the shoot for Singin' in the Rain was exceptionally difficult because Kelly and O'Connor were such talented dancers. "And I had to learn all of that in six months, and I had never danced before," she says. "So I had to keep up with the boys, but I learned a great deal from Mr. Kelly." Fred Astaire helped, too — and Reynolds recalls him as "the sweetest man, other than Jimmy Stewart. I was crying under the piano on one of my breaks, my feet were killing me and my back was like it was broken — after all, I was only 17 — and Fred Astaire came by and he reached down, and he said, 'Now, who is that?' " Reynolds recalls that Astaire encouraged her not to quit. "And he invited me in to watch him rehearse — nobody got to watch him dance, and he let me watch him until he was just red in the face, and it showed me, even the greats find it hard to be really excellent, but you have to keep striving."

Reynolds first captured the public imagination with "Aba Daba Honeymoon," from Two Weeks With Love; she says the money she made from that movie — $1,500 — seemed like a fortune at the time. Legendary choreographer Busby Berkeley worked on the picture, "and he would drink a little bit, to say the least," Reynolds remembers. "He'd shoot these wonderful shots where they'd put him on a camera and send him 100 feet in the air, and they would tie him on, because he often fell off, and of course almost killed himself. But he'd get back up and have another bottle, and get back up, and so we finally learned to sing, we'd say, 'Somewhere there's Busby, how high the boom!' So it just became a joke, after a while. We didn't pay any attention to him. If he fell off, we'd just run forward and catch him."

A few years later, in 1955, she made a film with Frank Sinatra, called The Tender Trap, and Sinatra gave her some sage advice about her relationship with Fisher. "Frank Sinatra always gave people advice ... and he said, 'Now, I know you're engaged to Eddie, but I don't want you to marry a singer, because none of us are faithful, and he won't be, and I'm not. We're just awful,' he said, 'so don't do it.' And of course I didn't mind him, and I had a lot of problems because I didn't mind him

I forgot! Debbie played Charlotte in Charlotte's Web (some pig)

Last edited by snufkin on Thu 29 Dec - 3:56; edited 2 times in total
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Thu 29 Dec - 3:31

RIP Debbie Reynolds. Todd Fisher said she said "I want to be with Carrie" and 15 minutes later she had the stroke. So horrible and sad. That poor family
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 29 Dec - 3:37

@ReyofLightSide wrote:RIP Debbie Reynolds. Todd Fisher said she said "I want to be with Carrie" and 15 minutes later she had the stroke. So horrible and sad. That poor family
@ReyofLightSide

Oh my gosh - no words. Sad

That poor family.

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightsofReyloRen on Thu 29 Dec - 3:39

Triste So terribly sad for family & friends, but mother & daughter are together eternally. Amen.
KnightsofReyloRen
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 29 Dec - 3:41

Man, the interview Oprah did with them 5 years ago, what a pair. You can see where Carrie got her irreverent sense of humor from. It almost fits with the larger than life history the two of them come from, that they'd go out together this way.

snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Thu 29 Dec - 3:47

Mother and daughter are now united...my heart goes out to all the people they had to leave behind, who love them.

Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Thu 29 Dec - 4:23

Incredibly sad news about Debbie Reynolds. Poor Billie Sad She must be absolutely heartbroken.

Singin' In The Rain has always been my favourite musical and I think a rewatch is in order.

So sad to lose two talented and wonderful women but what an amazing legacy they leave behind.
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 29 Dec - 4:29

One of my friends reminded me of another one of Debbie's classics, when she and Albert Brooks are a mother and son doing battle over their relationship (dammit, just think of the SNL paraody they could've done with Leia and Ben)

snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Thu 29 Dec - 4:48

RIP Debbie. My heart goes out to Billie right now, can't imagine what she must be going through. Sad
Kylo Rey
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 29 Dec - 7:11

RIP Debbie.
My thoughts and prayers go to Billie.
Can't imagine how she feels right now.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 29 Dec - 7:49

Sorry for DP but this just got me over the edge again

http://static.boredpanda.com/blog
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 29 Dec - 8:31

RIP Debbie Reynolds. I grew up on her movies... so sad

one of my favorites Tammy

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Thu 29 Dec - 9:21

So much sad news. Sad  I feel so bad for their family.  Debbie and Carrie seemed so close.  So did Billie and Carrie.  I don't even know what to say.  It's just been such a sad and tragic past few days. Sad
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey on Thu 29 Dec - 13:36

Terrible news of the death of Debbie Reynolds.

My thoughts are with Billie, Todd, Gary and all their family and friends at this very difficult time, following the loss of two very formidable women in Carrie and Debbie is such quick succession.

Really is very heartbreaking Sad Cry About to C
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Thu 29 Dec - 14:57

The poor family what te nightmare they must be going through and so close to Christmas as well.My prayers are with Todd who's just lost his sister and mother and especially Billie who shouldn't be experiencing such loss at such a young age.It's never eay to loose a parent but she's at an age where she needs guidance and help. No About to C H-beating
This is both in memory of Carrie and Debbie and the strong influence they must have had on Billie:

“She told me to be true, and kind, and confident in yourself. She raised me to not think of men and women as different. She raised me without gender. It’s kind of the reason she named me Billie. It’s not about being a strong woman, it’s about being a strong person. She once told me, ‘I never sat you down with a credo. It was more about leading by example.’” -Billie Lourd on her mother, Carrie Fisher.
http://billielourd.tumblr.com/post/155058520234/she-told-me-to-be-true-and-kind-and-confident

http://www.eonline.com/news/818558/billie-lourd-s-impression-of-debbie-reynolds-is-spot-on?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

CienaRee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey on Thu 29 Dec - 15:12

Oh Billie Sad
BenRey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next