Carrie Fisher Tribute Thread

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Carrie Fisher Tribute Thread

Post by Kylo Rey on Tue 27 Dec - 15:51

RIP Carrie. A truly wonderful and amazing person who was lively and full of wit. Princess Leia was an inspiration for me growing up and an icon for girls everywhere. One of my favourite characters ever. I'm so so heartbroken. May The Force Be With You, Carrie, you'll live on forever in our hearts. Sad

Kylo Rey
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Tue 27 Dec - 16:02

Don't forget she's the Queen of the Reylo ship. Bless her
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Tue 27 Dec - 16:05

no...Carrie. Come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Tue 27 Dec - 16:08

To me, the most beautiful tribute to both Carrie and her remarkable portrayal of Leia

Source: http://reyloeverafter.tumblr.com/post/155036610180/siristar-this-sums-up-everything-i-feel-and-so

reylo1992
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak on Tue 27 Dec - 16:23

I'm so sad today! :'(
The Force should exist, if only for her to be one with, and for us to never lose her.
May the Force be with you, you'll always be royalty for me, the kind of royalty that counts.

The legendary actress wrote in her 2008 autobiography about director George Lucas‘ explanation for why her character Princess Leia could not wear a bra in Star Wars, as “there’s no underwear in space.”

“He said it with such conviction. Like he had been to space and looked around and he didn’t see any bras or panties anywhere. He explained. ‘You go into space and you become weightless. Then your body expands but your bra doesn’t, so you get strangled by your own underwear,’” she wrote in the book.

“I think that this would make a fantastic obituary. I tell me younger friends that no matter how I go, I want it reported that I drowned in moonlight, strangled by my own bra,” she added.
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 27 Dec - 16:45

Just Carrie.

(I'am still without words.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Annwyn on Tue 27 Dec - 16:54

2016 : David Bowie that I adored. Alan Rickman. George Michael that I wasn't especially a great fan, even though I loved a couple tunes, but this and it broke my heart : http://www.boredpanda.com/george-michael-generosity/ (I hope links are ok).

Now Carrie... Seriously this year is just a CENSURED. I am sad, sad, so sad, and so mad. I don't know, maybe Heaven has a special project to call back so many wonderful people. But that's not ok. I feel orphan. David, Alan, Carrie. I do feel orphan even though that sounds stupid.

There are celebrities, and then there are stars, people that inspire you. enlighten you. David Bowie, Alan Rickman, Carrie Fischer, George Michael were not only celebrities but inspiring people. People that gave hope. I am just devastated. I never feel like this for celebreties dying. But these four, it's too much, it's not right. I'll just go cry in a corner and tell myself over and over again :

Rust: “You’re looking at it wrong, the sky thing.”

Marty: “How’s that?”

Rust: “Well, once there was only dark. You ask me, the light’s winning.”

All my love to you all <3
Annwyn
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Tue 27 Dec - 17:05

Carrie is one with the Force now....RIP Carrie.
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatGirl on Tue 27 Dec - 17:20

Rest in peace, Carrie. Sad May the Force be with her always.

WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyconsular on Tue 27 Dec - 17:29

It's terrible news but at the same time I had a weird vibe from her when she talked about why she had exposed so much in her book.

I first heard of her as Leia (of course) when I was 13. I related a lot to Carrie herself though. I never did drugs but the things she went through in her life, her bipolar hardships and such. She inspired me to fight my own problems and I managed to avoid ever going down her path because of her.

I know that she would be happy knowing she helped many girls become strong women today but I don't find her lessons leading to her death worth that price for a lesson in others life. She would argue that though.

RIP Princess.

ladyconsular
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 on Tue 27 Dec - 17:48

I just woke up and first thing i read in the morning. Devastated... I can't believe this... and I can't stop my tears...
RIP Carrie Fisher... Sad I really have no words now.
shii405
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by twentyaftermidnight on Tue 27 Dec - 17:58

Crying or Very sad I almost cried in the middle of Target when I found out. I was trying to prepare myself in case she wouldn't survive the last few days, but it still really sucks.

RIP Carrie.
twentyaftermidnight
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 27 Dec - 18:01

twentyaftermidnight wrote:Crying or Very sad I almost cried in the middle of Target when I found out. I was trying to prepare myself in case she wouldn't survive the last few days, but it still really sucks.

RIP Carrie.
@twentyaftermidnight

I went to the mall a few hours ago, and while I was there I overheard two employees in Macy's talking about it. I nearly started crying all over again...

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Tue 27 Dec - 18:10

Man, this year really is the worst. R.I.P to a great actor and person. Sad
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 27 Dec - 19:55

Why do I have a feeling that I'm going to be a sobbing mess any time Carrie appears onscreen in VIII, regardless of the storyline?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hasi on Tue 27 Dec - 20:05

I still can't believe it? I came to admire and respect her so much in these months and it feels like she had still so much to say. May she rest in peace...my thoughts are especially with her mother and Billie, I just feel so sorry.
Hasi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Tue 27 Dec - 20:08

Hours later and I can't believe it...

I am so sad for her family.

Selfishly, I had hoped we would get the scene of Leia and Kylo. I hoped it was already filmed if so. I do wonder if they had contingencies in case anything happen to the original three.

There is no way Kylo will not be redeemed esp. if they kill off Leia in 10. I hope they make it worthy of her.
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Tue 27 Dec - 20:55

Daisy's statement: Devastated at this monumental loss. How lucky we all are to have known her, and how awful that we have to say goodbye.
rey09
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 28 Dec - 0:51

I was twelve when I first saw Star Wars.
I fell in love with Han Solo. But I also found an amazing role model in Leia.
Not some tiresome damsel in distress who faints when the going gets tough.Instead we had the strongest female lead I'd ever seen. Gun toting, a** kicking, she faced Darth Vader without fear, didn't break under torture and was the only woman Han Solo gave his heart to. She laid down the foundations for Rey and Jyn Erso.
Years later, as a mature woman dealing with mental health problems Carrie herself was my inspiration. Strong,brave and completely unashamedly outrageous. Now she's gone. And she was only nine years my senior.
Life is so very short. We have to make the best of it. And when Donald Trump is inaugurated next year I'll remember Carrie comparing him to Jabba the Hutt and have a quiet chuckle at how Princess Leia dealt with bloated tyrants...
God bless you Carrie.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus on Wed 28 Dec - 1:52

Feel absolutely rotten today.

Fisher seemed like someone who would just live forever.

I sat here for ten minutes thinking of something more to say... I got nothing.

Thoughts are with her family and loved ones.

'Nothing on earth stays forever
But none of your deeds were in vain
Deep in our hearts you will live again
You're gone to the home of the brave.' - HammerFall
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 28 Dec - 2:32

Just saw  Mark's tribute.  Sad
Still can't believe it. I have never been so distressed when it comes to a celebrity passing.

Last edited by Darth_Awakened on Wed 28 Dec - 3:21; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 28 Dec - 3:09

Hell, that's one wonderful tribute.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Wed 28 Dec - 5:18

Elsewhere, I've seen a lot of sanctimoniousness in the vein of "how dare you think about [insert this or that topic] right now, when Billie and Debbie have lost their mother and daughter". I'm very sorry for Billie and Debbie, and her brother Todd, and all of Carrie's good friends. I know they're heartbroken right now.

But what did Carrie mean to me? Why am I so sad over the loss of a stranger? Ultimately my feelings are pretty selfish. I feel sorry for other celebrities' families, too, but rarely do their deaths touch me personally. I don't usually shed a tear, and over Carrie's death, I shed plenty.

I never got to meet her. I never got to tell her how much she meant to me. Why did I never send her a fan letter? One among millions, I doubt it was missed, but it would have been the only one that was mine.

She would have had so much to give to the world. As a life-long writer she would have kept on writing. Her irreverent humour and unique insight would only have improved with age.

As a dog lover, I think about poor little Gary and that makes me tear up, too.

And Leia. I don't know how in the world it could be seen as disrespectful to say that Star Wars won't be the same without her. Carrie was a real person who was much more than "just" Princess Leia, but most actors never get to create something as magical and iconic. You can't separate Leia from Carrie, because her life wouldn't have been the same without the character. And Leia wouldn't have been Leia at all without the charm and personality of Carrie. She was one of the key elements that made the world's biggest franchise what it is. I don't think many quite appreciate the full magnitude of that achievement. It didn't happen by accident. Leia isn't just a footnote in the history of Carrie Fisher, the real person, any more than Pride and Prejudice is a footnote in the history of Jane Austen or the theory of radioactivity is a footnote in the history of Marie Curie. I'm serious. Leia was a remarkable achievement of its own kind, and it has touched the lives of millions of people worldwide. Carrie called herself "the custodian of Princess Leia". She understood the importance of it.

Many of the sanctimonious comments I saw put the emphasis on some variation of, "first and foremost, she was a mother and a daughter", and I just... I think, no. She was a mother, and a daughter, and a friend, and a brilliant mind, and a writer, and an outspoken person who helped a lot of people with her frankness - and she was and always will be Princess Leia as well.

That she meant the world to millions of people because of Princess Leia is no disrespect to her as a real person. Quite the contrary.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 28 Dec - 6:24

Darth Dingbat wrote:
That she meant the world to millions of people because of Princess Leia is no disrespect to her as a real person. Quite the contrary.
@Darth Dingbat

Spot on.
I definitely belong to the people who can say that they were growing up with Star Wars, of course, while being a kid you're attached to character - and you're quite unabale to distinguish the line between a real person behind it.
I'am so grateful for TFA - the movie brought again the spark and the new possibilty to look at the characters and the persons behind them as an adult.
Carrie and Mark were real surpirse. So natural, so human, so different to the whole bunch of celebrities - I really tend to not follow in general.
I don't know if the fact that they have been a vital part of the phenomenon that is Star Wars has some influence on how they have matured and grow old - but I like to think it has.
Despite seeing, a lot of negativity during the last year, from the things I have noticed during last few days - I can also see - that among the majority of fandom there is also still a lot of LOVE.

I'am not going to write here about Carrie's immense influence on modern feminisim, and how her humor, her wit made the world better - I leave it to those of you who are more capable of expressing yourselves.

I'll rather stick to my fangirl ways by saying that Carrie, writer, actress, Princess or General will be deeply missed.

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 28 Dec - 6:57

Darth Dingbat wrote:Elsewhere, I've seen a lot of sanctimoniousness in the vein of "how dare you think about [insert this or that topic] right now, when Billie and Debbie have lost their mother and daughter". I'm very sorry for Billie and Debbie, and her brother Todd, and all of Carrie's good friends. I know they're heartbroken right now.

But what did Carrie mean to me? Why am I so sad over the loss of a stranger? Ultimately my feelings are pretty selfish. I feel sorry for other celebrities' families, too, but rarely do their deaths touch me personally. I don't usually shed a tear, and over Carrie's death, I shed plenty.

I never got to meet her. I never got to tell her how much she meant to me. Why did I never send her a fan letter? One among millions, I doubt it was missed, but it would have been the only one that was mine.

She would have had so much to give to the world. As a life-long writer she would have kept on writing. Her irreverent humour and unique insight would only have improved with age.

As a dog lover, I think about poor little Gary and that makes me tear up, too.

And Leia. I don't know how in the world it could be seen as disrespectful to say that Star Wars won't be the same without her. Carrie was a real person who was much more than "just" Princess Leia, but most actors never get to create something as magical and iconic. You can't separate Leia from Carrie, because her life wouldn't have been the same without the character. And Leia wouldn't have been Leia at all without the charm and personality of Carrie. She was one of the key elements that made the world's biggest franchise what it is. I don't think many quite appreciate the full magnitude of that achievement. It didn't happen by accident. Leia isn't just a footnote in the history of Carrie Fisher, the real person, any more than Pride and Prejudice is a footnote in the history of Jane Austen or the theory of radioactivity is a footnote in the history of Marie Curie. I'm serious. Leia was a remarkable achievement of its own kind, and it has touched the lives of millions of people worldwide. Carrie called herself "the custodian of Princess Leia". She understood the importance of it.

Many of the sanctimonious comments I saw put the emphasis on some variation of, "first and foremost, she was a mother and a daughter", and I just... I think, no. She was a mother, and a daughter, and a friend, and a brilliant mind, and a writer, and an outspoken person who helped a lot of people with her frankness - and she was and always will be Princess Leia as well.

@Darth Dingbat

Beautifully put.
What they will do with her character now is of course up to the makers of the movies and Carrie's family.
But if they do'end' Leia, I would like it to be done in a way that will also honour Carrie - that Leia's 'death' has an impact for good just as Carrie's life was a force for good off screen. It would be a fitting tribute to the actress who played her.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum